[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So has he done anything interesting besides Narutaru and Bokurano?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1441255023609.jpg (230 KB, 750x1093) Image search: [Google]
1441255023609.jpg
230 KB, 750x1093
So has he done anything interesting besides Narutaru and Bokurano? I heard his ongoing manga was about bikes...
>>
>>144333893
The cover makes things look way more innocent than it actually is
>>
>>144335310
Yeah but from the beginning of the manga there are surprisingly adult-oriented elements (military) or even disturbing (right at the second volume).

Sure it goes even further at the volume seven and by the end but it's weird to think this is a manga aimed at kids from the first chapter. I heard there were controversy on that with some editors.
>>
File: nt.jpg (68 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
nt.jpg
68 KB, 500x573
>>144335433
>I heard there were controversy on that with some editors.
That would be a fucking understatement
>>
Everything this guy does is interesting.
>>
File: 1461959969860.png (83 KB, 599x213) Image search: [Google]
1461959969860.png
83 KB, 599x213
>>144336018
I'll go check out everything then, thanks for the input. I love his art style too, and his characters and relationships are unusually complexes, the stories are interesting with a lot of twist...

dem hands man
dem bony bodies

Do you know any similar author by the way?
>>
>>144336188
Alien 9 had a similar feel to shadow star.

Not similar but still with the same unique atmosphere are
>douman sayman
>doroedoro
>>
>>144337478
Thanks, I'll check those. Already heard of Douman Seiman but I didn't think his works were that way.
>>
>>144337559
Douman is very much a harlequin making dark comedy out of some pretty ghastly things all in a very cute art style. He does have the same level of creative freshness though.
Don't expect more similarity than that though.
>>
>>144333893
Yes, MC kills tons of people with bike unsurprisingly...
Latest chapter show that bike can genocide entire race.
>>
>>144336188
Eden endless world
>>
this manga and bokurano gave me such a big depression
human life is worthless
>>
>>144333893
>>144336188
>>144337740
>...
Really now?

Noririn is actually pretty good. And fun.
>>
>>144338086
Reading it now.
Good change of pace from the usual angst ridden gloom and terrible things happening to kids.
...but I'm only two chapters in...
>>
that new manga he made with the steampunk fantasy vibe is pretty cool and has the nihilism a bit toned down which is pretty nice once in a while. Only 4 chapters so far though.
>>
>>144339988
Everyone is an asshole in it so far though.
Except for the girl who is just victimized.
Yet I ove the setting and design.
>>
>>144339893
>...
>...
Stop this.
>>
>>144340106
make me
>>
>Latest Release(s)
>v.4 c.25 by /a/nonymous scanlations (1628d ago)

Noririn translation never
>>
>>144340055
yeah but that's business as usual for this sick bastard. When the MC went on a "I hate all women" rant I knew that at least he wouldn't try to change the mood from his previous work.
>>
His oneshot collections are both pretty damn good (Zansho, Wings of Vendemier).

He's also currently working on a new series called Futago no Keiko (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=124443) which looks pretty interesting, but there's only one volume out so far so it's kind of too early to judge.
>>
>>144333893
>>
>>144339988
I just hope he doesn't give up on it like with Owari to Hajimari no Miles, which also had a cool setting. I loved the first volume of that. I don't understand why it got discontinued. Did Kitoh literally have no idea where to take it? Surely it couldn't have been problems from the publisher side.
>>
Oh shit we summoned hox!
>please fit Noririn translation into your schedule

But yeah, Kitoh's short story collections are some rare unique stuff, highly recommended.
>>
As good as he is with suffering, this guy makes some pretty stellar SoL.
>>
>>144340106
Oh yeah I didn't notice but it's true I used the "..." /a/ don't like. I'll never get why though and I'm not from reddit.
>>
>>144340890
Stop lying anon, I was the guy who "..."´d.
>>
>>144341018
Yeah but I did too.

Gotta check the steampunk vibe manga, it's interesting.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.