[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of Ao No Exorcist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: aonoexorcist2.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aonoexorcist2.png
3 MB, 1280x720
What does /a/ think of Ao No Exorcist?
>>
>>144310466
its trash
>>
>>144310466
Garbage.

Both anime and manga.

Manga should be weekly with it's slow as paced shit.
>>
>>144310466
Started out strong and has gorgeous art, but got boring quick once you realise that it dosen't deviate from the shonen formul and won't give it an interesting take.

Same as Soul Eater, same as Sword art online: Has an interesting premise, starts out strong and becomes stale.
>>
far too formulaic, even for a battle shonen

l read about 30 chapters and felt like l'd seen it all a dozen time before

good art though
>>
Why is this getting another season?
>>
>>144310466
MC is actually best boy and a great main, nice art. But the series is boring as shit, especially Kyoto Arc on. Damn shame because Rin is genuinely one of the few super likable Jump mains.
>>
>>144310466
What "did" I think of it would be more appropriate, it's sunk to one of those levels of "Oh yeah, that was a thing".

Remember, children, Satan just wanted to be friends.
>>
>>144312062
When you say formulaic, do you mean like Hero Academia formulaic or Fairy Tail formulaic?
>>
>>144312727
For real? Where did the plot go?
>>
>>144312106
Money, I guess. Probably still selling merch and tankouban's numbers are still pretty decent although the fujos pretty much moved on. It was getting a lot of wincest doujins at one point though.
>>
>>144313551
In between.

It's not horribly contrived like fairytale, but it dosen't have a good narrative rhythm like Boko.
>>
>>144313579
It veered off into anime original land around the 4th or 5th episode.
>>
It's an ok battle shounen, which means that if you don't expect anything besides the usual you won't be disappointed.

As has been said, I find the MC likable. Also the monsters are pretty cool.

It feels that it wasted the interesting exorcist theme with the shounen power ups bullshit but shikata ga nai.
>>
I like how everyone is bitching about how "garbage" it is while praising shit like K-on and other terrible anime
>>
>>144315523
The k on movie was actually really good though.
>>
>>144315523

Liking Cute Girls Doing Cute Things is the patrician taste.
>>
>>144310466
Garbage like your average shonen manga but its still ok
>>
How different is the anime from the manga?

I mean the parts that it covered.
>>
Good premise, strong start.

Then nothing happens. Most of the characters are shit, the pacing is abysmal, the plot constantly recycles arcs in which ancient evils and past failures come back to bite people in the present in the ass, it never uses its setting properly and instead of Eyebrows, the love interesting is the typically boring moeblob.
>>
>>144310466
I like it, I just wish Yukio's arc would happen already.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.