[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick /a/, what are you reading at the moment? How large is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 728x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 728x725
Quick /a/, what are you reading at the moment?

How large is your backlog?
>>
What's your opinion on oneshots? People usually get pissed off when they're posted in OPTs but they can be pretty entertaining quick reads although they usually leave you craving for more.

Just read Space Profile which was pretty good and, oddly enough, has a similar premise to Hotel, the possibly greatest oneshot ever written.
>>
I was reading saike matashitemo but I caught up so I should probably catch up on one one of the 37-39 mangos I'm reading. I tend to take s ton of breaks and pick new things up a lot. I avoid one page threads like the plague.
>>
File: 'I can't believe this happened'.jpg (443 KB, 1944x1192) Image search: [Google]
'I can't believe this happened'.jpg
443 KB, 1944x1192
>>144255211
Just started on Kingdom, fun manga, holy shit.
>>
>>144255556
It's a fun ride. Also the scans get a lot better after chapter 100 or so.

The fights get a little bit repetitive after a while (if I have to see another panel of a horse hoof stomping on the ground holy shit) and it's not quite as interesting as other historic manga like Vagabond I enjoy it a lot.
>>
File: 126-12.jpg (1 MB, 2250x1600) Image search: [Google]
126-12.jpg
1 MB, 2250x1600
I'm reading space bros. It's really good so far.
>>
Itomeguri Soubyou and Machida-kun No Sekai have been real nice so far, hope they keep it that way. I really miss Hayami Rasenjin's works though, it's been fucking ages since they're last scanlated.

Other than that, how come no raws of Kuro and GA's last volume exist anywhere? I even dived into some Nip sites and no luck.

>>144255342
I like them, allows some breathing room for the author to put down ideas that wouldn't normally fly on regular serializations.
>>
I think Sidonia finished a while back. Is there any info on what Nihei's next project is going to be? He is easily one of the most talented mangaka working today.

Sidonia was a nice change of pace but I hope his next work isn't going to have such an emphasis on comedy and drama. The slice of life elements were interesting but they bordered on moe a bit too often in my opinion. I'd like to see something as gritty as Blame! again...
>>
>>144258425
There's that new-ish oneshot if you haven't read it, it's pretty nice.

I don't think there's plans for any new serializations yet though, so don't hold your breath on that.
>>
>>144258491
Thanks, I'll look for it.

I'd rather have him take his time and keep up the quality of his work than rush things.
I think more accomplished mangaka should slow down their work cycles, I'm sure whe'd have a lot less annoying hiatus situations.
>>
>>144255211
i've been adding every remotely interesting series in the OPT for quite some time now

backlog crossed the 1k mark recently
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.