[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the more you know about a creator as a person, the more you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: anno.png (179 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
anno.png
179 KB, 225x350
>the more you know about a creator as a person, the more you hate them

Is there a single person in the anime industry where this doesn't ring true?
>>
>>144246491
What happened to colonel Sanders?
>>
>>144246491
>Is there a single person where this doesn't ring true?
Fixed
>>
Tomino.
>>
File: 2_large.jpg (65 KB, 437x640) Image search: [Google]
2_large.jpg
65 KB, 437x640
>>144246491
The most loved bald man in the world.
>>
Hirohiko Araki
>>
>>144247443
>>144246898
This
Only retards hate Tomino
>>
>>144246491
I think this is because a lot of people build up creators as these amazingly awesome people when more often than not they are just normal people that might have weird attributes that set them apart. Of course you'd learn to dislike someone after placing them on a pedestal when you know little to nothing about them other than what they've created.
>>
>>144247492
>>144246898

>>>/m/14446408

Everyone should read this.
>>
>>144247535
This. Also love/hate relationship is good I think.
>>
>>144247535
>just normal people that might have weird attributes
But isn't this way actually more fun?
>>
>>144246491
>>the more you know about a creator as a person, the more you hate them

Yeah, but isn't this just true for all human beings in general? Unless you're in love?
>>
File: mistake.png (140 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
mistake.png
140 KB, 537x416
>>144247639
Not if anything that's brought up about them just ends up being shitposting material.

Also, the general problem with creators is that we don't know ENOUGH about them. Therefore any shred of rumors or small tidbits about who they are as people get totally blown out of proportion and totally distorts their actual image. Most prominent example I can think of is Mamoru Nagano, but a bunch of others like Tomino and Oshii occasionally get shat on too for the same reason.

The only exceptions to this rule are Anno and Miyazaki, but even for them it's hard to separate the rumors from the truths.
>>
File: tsukame_puraido.jpg (101 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
tsukame_puraido.jpg
101 KB, 495x700
>>144247443
>>144247492
Not after this travesty.
>>
>>144247684
My general opinion is quite the opposite.
Maybe it's because I'm just a jerk but I tend to dismiss a lot of people I don't know well as idiots. Getting to know more about them is generally a positive and refreshing experience.

On the other hand when you are in love you tend to idealize the subject of your affection and can be easily let down if then turn out to be not what you expected. So maybe having a favorite creator is akin to that sort of feeling.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.