[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: GT.jpg (748 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
GT.jpg
748 KB, 1280x1024
STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR
>>
>>144223874
GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR
>>
SHUSHUSHUSHU
>>
>>144223874
YO HO HO HE TOOK DA BITE OF GUM GUM
>>
>>144223874
DRAGON DRAGON BALL, DRAGONBALL ZEEEEEEEEEEE
DRAGON DRAGON BALL ZEEEEEEEEEE ZEEEEEEE
>>
File: step into the gay tour.png (534 KB, 852x478) Image search: [Google]
step into the gay tour.png
534 KB, 852x478
>>144223874
DRAGON BALL GAY T

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>144227160
That Look's horrible let's make it better!
https://youtu.be/WCa4LaDFqJU

Step into the Grand Tour A Brand New Adventure Begins! Another Challenge For Goku An His Friends
>>
>>144226413
DRAGON DRAGON "ROCK THE DRAGON" DRANGONBALL ZEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DRAGON DRAGON "ROCK THE DRAGON"
COME GET MEEEEEEE
How do you mess that up the name of the song is
>Rock The Dragon
https://youtu.be/dP75aZvWVdw
>>
So what went wrong with GT?
>>
>>144228698
It tried to recapture the charm and magic of the original dragonball, while keeping the good bits of Z. The problem was is that Toei failed to understand and execute what those elements were.
>>
>>144228698
It triggers nostalgiafags and Superfags because they want to make everyone believe Super is a good series.
>>
>>144228761
Just like Super.
>>
>>144228832
No. Super doesn't even try to mimic the past series. Its just a cheap vehicle for merchandise sales.
>>
Dragonball GT wasn't as bad as 4chan is trying to make people believe
>>
>>144229070
It had its bright spots.
>>
>>144229070
Dragon Ball GT was great
>>
File: 1467686652075.jpg (32 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1467686652075.jpg
32 KB, 500x350
>>144228761
What's to miss?

The charm of Dragonball was the child-like wonderment and exploration of such a wide world (along with the humor), it felt like a true adventure, which is why, at least in my opinion, it's good that they split up Dragonball with Z, because after the timeskip all of that wonderment pretty much ceased but the world martial arts tournament was a good way to end, it still retained its fun up until the end (because what's there to get wrong when it comes to the world martial arts tournament?)

What makes Z good is its more "matured" setting. The fantasy setting became more of a futuristic one, with aliens and time travel and all, and the characters continued their fights to become the strongest, but on a universal scale. Because of its large scale, the damage is upped as well. For example, the threat that Mercenary Tao posed was so great it resulted in the first loss of a character, albeit minor. King Piccolo resulted in the loss of 3 major characters, and to skip much further ahead, Buu resulted in the loss of everyone on the planet. Battles that big and consequences so severe is what many people love about Z, its good action that would hype anyone up.

Maybe the problem was that kid Goku didn't fit into this more mature world, or maybe Toei is really so dense they missed what made either show good, I honestly forgot where I was going with this so here's my thoughts on both series condensed into an idea I forgot.

Fuck I'm lost now
>>
>>144229649
> maybe Toei is really so dense they missed what made either show good,

This is exactly what I am saying.
>>
>>144229762
I was going to go further and elaborate on what you said but I can't remember it for the life of me
>>
File: Yugioh Gx.jpg (474 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh Gx.jpg
474 KB, 1600x1000
CHILLIN' OUT WITH YOUR CREW AT THE SCHOOLYARD
>>
Im gonna write a fanfiction rewriting GT into a decent story
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.