[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were the "classics" there nerds were supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 39107_hyouka.jpg (297 KB, 1198x943) Image search: [Google]
39107_hyouka.jpg
297 KB, 1198x943
What were the "classics" there nerds were supposed to be reading in their club, anyway

Like, just classic literature? Greek stuff? Or something Japanese?
>>
What?
>>
>>144157262
Their club was koten-bu, classic literature club or classics club or something like that.

Just sorta crossed my mind that I don't remember what the heck that actually means.
>>
>>144157202
Don't they chronicle the daily lives of their school
>>
Does it really matter? We're supposed to self insert as MC

I wish I was smart
I wish I was in a small club
I wish my HS didn't suck
>>
>>144157329
Funny thing, I studied Japanese literature and I'm not sure what it refers to either. I never heard anyone use the term, really. A Japanese search suggests it is used more to refer to Chinese classics.
>>
>>144157202
Meme trilogy
>>
File: mayaka.jpg (161 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
mayaka.jpg
161 KB, 1000x1000
Mayaka is so beautiful looking there.
>>
>>144158355
Well, generally the notion of "Classics" in Japan includes both Chinese classics (which would be our equivalent of Roman and Greek classics) and Japanese courtly literature, generally centered around the Heian period (Tale of Genji etc.)
>>
>>144157202
Saussure's collected works and treatises on semantics and diachrony/synchrony, along with several of Chomsky's landmark works on generative grammar.
>>
>>144160558
>reading Saussure at all
Structuralism was dead in the water m8
>>
>>144160631
Structuralism may be too unwieldy to be of any use but Saussure's sign still forms the base of modern linguistics, and synchrony/diachrony remains as what's essentially the divide between semiotics and philology.
>>
>>144157202
Chitanda is the most beautiful and elegant KyoAni!
>>
actually kumiko is the most beautiful
>>
File: mikuru.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mikuru.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>144161823
>flat
>meme hair
nope

My vote goes to adult Mikuru.
>>
The only book I can remember Oreki reading was Night Flight, or something like that, by Antoine de St. Exupery.

A french novelette, and hardly a classic.
>>
>>144164820
That's because their club is classics in the name only.
He was also reading Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman and some contemporary Japanese authors.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.