[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: _20160712_030252.jpg (1 MB, 2638x4500) Image search: [Google]
_20160712_030252.jpg
1 MB, 2638x4500
So I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena for the first time and I'm realising there's tons of hidden symbolism and missable details in every chapter.
is there a spoiler free, comprensible guide to not missing any detail in Utena?

One example is on chapter 5 as Mickey gathers the student council there's a frame that shows a whole apple on a chair, after Mickey displays is distrust in the student council the apple is shown cut in to buy shaped pieces.
>>
>>144145447

Just watch it blind

Then go back and rewatch it after
>>
How the fuck could a comprehensive guide to interpreting a work of fiction exist? There are too many different subjective interpretations for that. But there are many analyses out there, so don't be lazy and just read a bunch of episode reviews until you find writers you like.
>>
>>144145447
You have to be a sophisticated intellectual to watch this anime, sorry kid . . . you might not measure up . . .
>>
Just rewatch later.
>>
>>144145447
Rewatch it later when you don't have to pay attention to the plot
>>
>>144145447
Just pay attention, rewatch it and pay attention again, then come up with your own interpretations and discuss them on /a/.
>>
>>144145447
Fuck off, rms.
>>
>>144145961
It's GNU PLUS linux
>>
File: Series_ep26_146.jpg (110 KB, 875x430) Image search: [Google]
Series_ep26_146.jpg
110 KB, 875x430
I want to be Kozue-chan!
>>
>>144145447
>I'm realising there's tons of hidden symbolism and missable details in every chapter.

Out of curiosity, what's your first language? I've noticed that confusing "chapter" for "episode" is a common mistake.
>>
>>144145447
You rewatch it. There isn't really an alternative for Utena - not least as half of the foreshadowing hasn't been given the slightest at the point you've reached.

First time through, just enjoy the ride.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.