[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you get put off of watching anime with a high school cast,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1467028703919.jpg (111 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1467028703919.jpg
111 KB, 1440x810
Do you get put off of watching anime with a high school cast, knowing they're doing more than you ever did at that age and ever will do?
>>
>>144116972
>k-on
>doing anthing
>>
>>144117035
/thread
>>
File: 1343082793104.png (335 KB, 472x668) Image search: [Google]
1343082793104.png
335 KB, 472x668
>>144116972
Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable. Sports anime are also guilty of this.
>>
Anime high school is exaggerated, no-one does as much as they do.
>>
>>144117035
They go to London. I doubt most anons ever went abroad let alone took a trip with a group of friends halfway around the world.
>>
>>144117141
>tfw keions went to Heathrow by themselves before I did
I fucking live less than half an hour away from the gates.
>>
You know that they are fictional characters and are designed to have more eventful lives than your average real person, right? You do know that you are watching anime which is right at the top when it comes to escapism?

Besides real life Japanese high school doesn't seem that great, it just seems like the least shitty part of their lives when they start to experience the good things about being an adult with none of the responsibilities.
>>
>>144116972
Thats why I only watch cgdct and mahou shoujou
Suspension of disbelief should be at the extremes, otherwise you start comparing yourself to them
>>
>>144116972

Nope. I couldn't watch high school cast anime the first couple of years I was teaching; didn't want to watch students after teaching 'em all day. However, no issues now once I realized high school anime is as realistic as Lord of the Rings.

>>144117141

Tromped around Eastern Europe with mine junior year.
>>
I finished high school 6 months ago and it kind of makes me sad.
>>
It's fucking fiction dude. If you get triggered by fantasy it's time to reconsider sapience.

It's shit like just looking at your own memories of what people were doing around you in highschool that should depress you.
>>
>>144117433
>it just seems like the least shitty part of their lives
It's more than this, it's their only chance to pack in all the fun they're allowed before they die after highschool. After highschool in japan is fun death, 18 hour workdays, unpaid overtime, and your leisure time is pretending to have fun with your coworkers in bars, and if you don't turn up to these you basically get bullied until you quit.
The upcoming dread of having your life end promotes fun activities- the upcoming knowledge that if they don't have fun now they've missed the chance to for the rest of their life.
This dread is very motivational.

It's why people who tended to not have fun in highschool drop out, become NEETs or freeters and the ones that did are the ones who grind themselves away.
>>
How do I become a keion /a/?
>>
>>144117433
Doesn't help that Japanese culture shits you once you finish high school. Time to be a productive member of society, get married, have kids and such.
I feel bad for Christmas Cakes.
>>144117676
Need to become an hero first.
>>
>>144116972
you feel that way because you didn't enroll to an asian school
>>
Anime is fiction so i dont feel anything

Its fantasy because we all know japanese students are some of the most overworked beings in the world
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.