[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Japan ever going to grow out of their delusion that low framerates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Is Japan ever going to grow out of their delusion that low framerates look better and can compensate for their incompetent animation?

Because there isn't a single case where a smooth framerate wouldn't look better, even in well-animated cases like Orange's work.
>>
You're talking about 3D CG, right?
>>
>>144000187
Why wouldn't I? Limited 2d animation is due to time. Choppy 3d is due to deliberately reducing frames. They aren't that starved for rendering time.
>>
File: Absolute madman.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Absolute madman.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>144000521
Does Ajin consistently have a good framerate like that or does it only do it for some action scenes?

Because I see everybody talking about how awful Ajin looks and then it looks okay when they remember to use 3d properly in scenes like that.
>>
File: 1468001756607.gif (1 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1468001756607.gif
1 MB, 540x304
>>144000579
For action mostly. This studio is more experienced
>>
>>144000579
I think it was good most of the time.
Some frame rate issues could be attributed to the fact that it's crunchyroll rips, or not, what do I know.
>>
>>144000521
kek

if berserk had that framerate and that kind of animation (mocap?) it might be watchable...
>>
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
>>144000417
Manga comes in giant phone books printed weekly. Adding color would be too much for the mangaka, further affecting time constraints and potentially causing the story to suffer as a result of it. Not to mention the cost of ink for every single page, along with the paper.
It's generally bad for both the printers and the artists.
>>
File: 1465676808803.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465676808803.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>143999368
Japan and anime audiences have fallen so far
>>
>>144001046
And comics coloring looks like airbrush abomination 90% of time if it's not BD
>>
>>144001110
>baiting
>>
>>143999368
When anime was done with few frames as possible, directors and storyboarders had to use composition and framing to make it look good >>144001110.

Now that 3d is here, they think they can just put the camera anywhere because it's easier to make everything animated. Whoever is in charge of this new show need to be fired.
>>
File: mahboi.png (82 KB, 240x299) Image search: [Google]
mahboi.png
82 KB, 240x299
>>144000828
Still doesn't do much if you can't model worth a damn
>>
>>144001483
Studio Gemba made CG for Macross movie. Looks like Berserk budget is literally zero
>>
Japs are so fuckin dumb they think the audience would like it better if they replicate anime cost cutting techniques in CG even when it isnt neccesary just for "familiarity"
Fuckin WHY. Especially when not every anime had to do that anyway. Look at Akira characters move and speak at once and yeah it looks weird to see an anime with no corners cut especially compared to modern anime
But why the fuck do that in an all CG show? You can make the characters move smoothly and all kinda shit for far cheaper than in 2D but naaaah make em like robot people because clearly what looks good in 2D = looks good in 3D according to their radiation addled brains
Like who the fuck approves this shit
Looks at it and says "yeah that was totally worth it and looks good"
If your gona use 3DCG at least use the inherant advantages of 3DCG instead of making uncanny valley shit that tries to feel like "modern anime"
>>
It's not like they can't do the 2d imitation thing properly. It's already been done, it just requires animators who aren't hacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwXxjiqDEU
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.