[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>before there was the SHAFT/Monogatari combo with Shinbo acting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: eiri-cossette.jpg (37 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
eiri-cossette.jpg
37 KB, 704x396
>before there was the SHAFT/Monogatari combo with Shinbo acting as producer
>Shinbo had already directed an OVA series of Araragi focusing on his obsession over a blonde loli (Shinobu).
>In the end, Araragi had to give up his supernatural obsession over the blonde loli and accept reality with his would-be girlfriend (Senjougahara)

This was some next level ESP shit.
>>
>>143938319
>In the end, Araragi had to give up his supernatural obsession over the blonde loli and accept reality with his would-be girlfriend (Senjougahara)
That's not what happens though, either at the end of Bakemonogatari or at the end of Zokuowarimonogatari or in the future presented in Hanamonogatari either. Araragi's story always ends with him maintaining his ties with both of them.
>>
>>143939380
It's not a very clean conclusion though. A lot of people criticize it for leaving the exact Hitagi/Shinobu issue completely unaddressed.

It's entirely possible that even Nisio isn't immune to fan pressure. Shinobu has enormous popularity, a lot of whom are very devoted. If he were to actually conclude Araragi's choice between thee two, it would be hard to see him choosing anyone other than Hitagi purely because of what each character represents within the narrative.
>>
>>143938319
Araragi is only obsessed with Hanekawa. And as far as lolis go, he doesn't care about Shinobu as much as he cares about Snail.
>>
>>143940435
I don't even see it as a matter of Araragi having to choose one over the other to be honest. Partly because Araragi has frankly never once seemed monogamous at any point in the series, but also because his relationship with Shinobu is one that is somewhat one out of him accepting responsibility too, as opposed to merely maintaining a curious obsession with the supernatural (on the contrary, but for Shinobu he seems fine with not being involved with the supernatural at all). That's how Bake ended, the conflicts around him dissipated not with him choosing Gahara over everyone else but him accepting everyone (Shinobu in particular, who he had a strained relationship with all throughout Bake) and living with that.

I do think that there needs to be some sort of interaction between Gahara and Shinobu though, yeah.
>>
>>143941458
Admiration =/= Obsession. Araragi has freaked the fuck out in both cases where he lost track of Shinobu, and outright prioritized her over Hanekawa and Hitagi's safety. With Hanekawa he didn't even get particularly involved when she was showing signs of domestic abuse, it takes her completely snapping and going on a rampage for him to finally take action. He also spends increasingly large amounts of time away from Hanekawa without being troubled by it.
>>
>>143941682
I agree that it's not a necessity for him to chose, that would be entirely arbitrary. The big problem is that the narrative within the story itself has made Araragi's indecisiveness/infidelity/whatever a recurring problem within the plot with no discernible resolution.

That isn't to say there hasn't been development, however. Hitagi and Shinobu were both convinced that a three-way relationship wouldn't work in Nise, but by Koyo Torus seem to be mutually supporting his relationship with the other instead. There are still issues as well though, especially on Araragi's side Tsuki, Mail, general favoritism toward Shinobu and the supernatural).

Granted we haven't even seen the actual ending yet, so maybe it actually is resolved. It's hard to take the interpretations of spoilerfags at face value considering the general difficulty of Nisio's writing.
>>
>>143941458
>he doesn't care about Shinobu as much as he cares about Snail.
>>
Shinobu is a shit tier Mary Sue. I don't know why /a/ fawns over her. Is it a pedo thing?
>>
>>143945277
How is she a Mary sue?
>>
>>143945277
I'll bite. She's not a mary sue, instead of fixing problems her mere presence is almost always a cause in pretty much everything bad that happens to the MC in the series from beginning to end. Instead of being hyper-competent (like a mary sue), she's usually the exact opposite, with both her and the MC mishandling pretty much everything they get mixed up in.
>>
>>143945277
She fuck up a lot of times,Hanekawa is more a Sue than shinobu.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.