[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G no Reconguista
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Cover.jpg (96 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
96 KB, 500x446
Why is this so hated?
I watched King Gainer and that was just as confusing and nobody hates King Gainer.
>>
>>143922440
>and nobody hates King Gainer.
Because nobody remembers it anymore.

G-Reco sold more than King Gainer too.
>>
>>143922440
Nobody actually watched King Gainer.
>>
>>143922562
I see the dance being posted every now and then.

I bet if G-Reco wasn't a Gundam show nobody would have cared.
>>
>>143922671
>I see the dance being posted every now and then.
Exactly, nobody went after the OP.
>>
>>143922440
Because King Gainer wasn't a Gundam series. G-Reco was also a Tomino Gundam and that alone attracts more attention than anything else. I enjoyed it if only for the fights. I thought it wasn't as bad as some people suggest but it's far from the perfect masterpiece that /m/ makes it out to be. The pacing felt odd at times and while I didn't find the story particularly confusing, some of the scenes and character interactions feel outright weird. Also, that time when Belri used that whip weapon thing while shouting SU-CORD was fucking confusing. I get why people can get lost in the terms and plot points in the show.
>>
>>143922830
/m/ also shittalk G-Reco anon, the opinion is too polarized
>>
>>143922830
When it aired I only kept following it because of the beautiful animation and voice acting.
And then I rewatched it and that was great, I understood things better and noticed a lot of scenes where they cut into it implying the pilot was using the loo right before we see them.

A lot of things that they did or said made sense after taking notes but a lot still doesn't:
SU-Cord is their way of saying "My god", stuff happens when Bellri panics in the G-Self because Rayhunton Code was protecting him by revealing the suit's features.

I still don't understand what Aida meant by "The world is not square."
Actually I don't understand what happened in Aida-Bellri's battle in the first episode, Aida used the cables so Bellri wouldn't recklessly attack her, Bellri tried attacking from an angle Aida wouldn't expect, then it's all a blur.

>>143923091
Yeah, you either love it to death or hate it to death, there is no middle ground.
>>
>>143923138
>I still don't understand what Aida meant by "The world is not square."
He was attacking her in space using tactics and logic for battles on the ground.
Also ignoring that they can't hear each other and taking the thing metaphorically, Bellri was saying she was wrong because she was playing the happy pirate, she said the world has no clear defined sides.

> then it's all a blur
Best theory is that the G-Self stopped working because Aida was going to kill Bellri and the Rayhunton Codes are supposed to protect Aida and Bellri.
>>
I'm halfway through G-Reco right now. Its overall fun, but the past few episodes have been really dull.
Gainer is one of my favorite anime though. That was a blast to watch.
>>
>>143923388
The weirdest thing for me is Megafauna being incredibly trusting of outsiders.
Bellri gets to ride the G-Self
Kerbes and Ringo gets to be part of the crew
Manny gets to pilot G-Rach
>>
>>143923902
I think it is because
1) Tomino being Tomino - he did something not so different in L-Gaim and ZZ, but Z had some crappy way of dealing with prisoners too
2) the whole thing about being a generation grown up without knowing war
>>
>>143922440
King Gainer was pretty fun to be honest.
G-Reco is Tomino being Tomino in a non fun and confusing way.
>>
>>143922440
I found it rather questionable the first time when it aired. Then I went back to it for some reason a year after and it ended up being pretty enjoyable on marathon.
>>
>>143923902
>Bellri gets to ride the G-Self
They wanted to test equipment on it, and since Bellri and Aida were the only ones who can pilot it, and Aida was busy with G-Arcane, they had him do it. They also had Noredo and Raraiya hostage onboard as well.

>Kerbes and Ringo gets to be part of the crew
Kerbes was vouched for by the Capital Guard leader, and they were pretty much at odds with the Capital Army, who was the actual threat. Ringo is more questionable, but he was just whipped by Raraiya.

>Manny gets to pilot G-Rach
Bellri and Noredo vouched for her, so they decided to as well.
>>
File: Page_000[1].jpg (427 KB, 1200x1458) Image search: [Google]
Page_000[1].jpg
427 KB, 1200x1458
I hope the movie does well enough for more. Cutting a planned four series into two definitely hurt the show, though I still like it. Seems like >>143923138 is right about the love it or hate thing. Loved the designs, art style, and animation
>>
>>143923138
>Yeah, you either love it to death or hate it to death
But I don't.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.