[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Kabaneri the biggest flop in the past recent years? It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
Was Kabaneri the biggest flop in the past recent years?

It was the biggest hype train in the earliest episodes with people calling it AOTY and now it's regarded as garbage
>>
it's aots though
>>
>>143918096
Please stop shitposting
>>
Is it worth watching it now, or is it more of a fun watch with /a/ than an actual fun watch?

It was the show I said I would try each week and never got around to it.
>>
>>143918368
The only fun part was watching it with /a/ to see the trainwreck and disappointment from the people who had high hopes for it, if you watch it now you're just going to be left with some of the worst recent characterization in anime and terrible drama
>>
File: fraukechuckle.webm (101 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
fraukechuckle.webm
101 KB, 854x480
>>143917586
>biggest hype train
>>
>7k sales from an original anime
>flop
Anon, me too I thought Kabaneri was shit but it sold pretty good so far, the biggest flops of spring were Kiznaiver and Mayoiga, and by far.
>>
>>143917586
kiznaiver
>>
By all intents and purposes of what anime sales are, it wasn't a flop. It did "just sort of okay"

However, it was however a complete blunder. The only sales for the first BD box were in it's first week, as in the people who preordered it, and the second week was so low it couldn't be recorded. That is an absolute failure on the part of the show and it proves that nobody cared about this shit after the Biba arc was in full swing.

It had potential to be the top seller but it was clear that it wasn't keeping the popularity it had at the beginning about 2/3 of the way through
>>
>>143918729
Guilty Crown did way better than Kabaneri on every level and that was considered to be an underperforming series.

With all the marketing and hype and initial highly positive reception Kabaneri had, it is a complete joke that it ended up that low

Kiznaiver was the bigger flop I will admit that
>>
Holy fuck, I just finished it and I don't even know where to begin. It was a disaster all over the place.
>>
Was it bad because /a/ said so or because it was bad for any valid reasons?
>>
>>143919546
Watch it yourself so you can decide on your own
>>
>>143919581

Okay, hang on.........................

Yup, it's shit.
>>
And this is why I wait till the season is over to watch stuff
>>
>>143919609

Hyperbole just fucks everything up.
>>
>>143919546
It's shit because it has an interesting start that quickly devolves into the cliche "You're a monster!" trope and then is overshadowed by a laughably edgy villain who doesn't even have well-reasoned motivations.
>>
>>143919609
>not going into each season completely blind so you're immune to the hype but pleasantly surprised when something good happens
>>
>>143919698
This. First 4-6 episodes were excellent, if they had just been OVAs we'd be talking about Kabaneri for years, whining about it never getting an anime.
>>
File: 1466739366049.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466739366049.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
It was alright/10

Sure things went retarded but it was not something unexpected looking at how the plot was going.

>>143919755
I see there's a fellow patrician here.
>>
What a entry level bait. I hate newfags shitting on /a/.

Kabaneri is by fact technically AotS and a success in popularity and sales, only behind Re:Zero overall but we are talking about a series that exists in multiple medias and already had a solid fanbase. Denying this just show how new and such a MALtard you are.

Sage.
>>
What the fuck happened for everyone to change their mind? I couldn't keep up after episode 3 or 4 because of reasons, and now I don't know if I should go back to it.
>>
>>143919832
>but it was not something unexpected looking at how the plot was going.
The Biba plot has absolutely zero connection to the "surviving zombies on a train every week" thing it was doing in the first half
>>
Dropped it at ep 7
No regrets
>>
>>143919889
>only behind Re:Zero overall
And Haifuri and Bungou and Jojo and probably Macross when that comes out
>>
>>143919889
>reporting sages
Enjoy your ban.
>>
Dropped this shit after episode 1. I don't regret it.
>>
File: soumen demon.gif (49 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
soumen demon.gif
49 KB, 200x210
>>143917586
I remember Thank You no Horror being something sort of like that, where normalfags hyped the fuck out of it but then dumb villain out of nowhere and they all regretted their decisions in life.
At least I enjoyed their reactions to both shows equally as much.
>>
>>143919907
Attention Spawn Squirrels didn't notice that he was the corrupt fucking up almost every fortress. He was always plot related.

>>143919947
>dropped in the best EP
Sure thing aniki, must be nice to shitpost like an asd child.

>>143919975
>announcing reports
You may enjoy yours, newfriend.
>>
>>143919907
Mumei and her bodyguard mentioned something about aniki in the first episodes. It could have gone anywhere at that point to be fair but I stopped looking for a "serious" plot when Ikoma did his Kabaneri transformation. I just buckled up and enjoyed the rest of the show.
>>
>yfw it was an anime with a train that ended up with a trainwreck story
>>
>>143920106
This isn't /v/, cancer-kun.
>>
>>143917586
I thought flop only refers to financial success.

I know everyone thinks it's a train wreck and ended horribly, but I don't think that is enouch to make it a flop.
>>
>>143920178
It's not a flop. It did underperform hard though and the reception was clearly lower by the end than at the start
>>
>>143920178

>sales in the thousands

Real big fucking success there. Anime sucks and you faggots keep deluding yourselves into the contrary.
>>
>>143918729
>>143919016
Everyone seems to forget that using the 2 episodes per volume (like most of shows does), those 7k per box come to an end of 3.5k if it were a regular BD volume.
>>
>>143920242

>weak performance

Kabaneri season 2 will need crowdfunding.
>>
It was utterly mediocre.
>>
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>143920241
>Anime sucks
I never said otherwise. I said "flop" refers to financial failure, not the shows quality. The English language has plenty of words to describe what you want. Use those.

>Real big fucking success there
Yeah, it's pretty mediocre sales. Which by the way we have a word for. Buddy Complex sold discs in the triple digits. THAT is a flop. (And I think Buddy Complex is a better show than Habenero.)
>>
>flop
Is this /a/'s new meme word?
>>
>>143920242
Except each volume was exactly 2 times more expensive than average 2-episode volume.
>>
>>143922509
I didn't think I'd miss Butt Complex but I do. I don't recall a show playing so many cliches straight before.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.