[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
loners in media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: bullshit.jpg (72 KB, 1131x635) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
72 KB, 1131x635
Why are all loners portrayed in media always so shallow in characterization? None of them seem affected by their situation (like how the girl from ERASED doesn't act like an abuse victim) and they always have some attractive person drag them out of their shell. It's bullshit. Most real loners never make friends if they haven't by high school. That's something that people grow out of by middle school at the latest. If they do, it's only by joining a new environment like uni or some sort of club. No one approaches you or take any interest if you're quiet.

The reasons for pic related's loneliness irked me as well. "Can't smile." Real cliched shit like that. Might just be my own baggage keeping me from enjoying stuff with loner characters. The only way I'd enjoy it is if I made it myself, as if that will ever happen.
>>
Making a character a bully victim or a loner is the easiest way to build sympathy for the character without actually having to putting any effort into their characterization.
>>
>>143829734
>No one approaches you or take any interest if you're quiet.
They do, but only when they need you to do something for them only to forget about you the moment they don't need you any more. This is where you start to distrust and avoid people even more.
>>
>>143829734
Because making an honest show about a realistic loner would be depressing as hell.

People watch gook cartoons for the escapism, not to be reminded of their terrible lives.
>>
>>143829734
HikiGAYa Hachiman counts?
>>
>>143831367
He's fucking harem protag.
>>
>>143829734
>(like how the girl from ERASED doesn't act like an abuse victim
how do you act like an abuse victim?
>>
>>143829734
Not sure about others but this is for sure how I came off in high school. The thing is, you don't notice because in your head, you're perfectly natural.
>>
>>143831367
Yes he does, fuck that guy to the max
>>
>>143829734
yeah except those types of people exist all over japan and in japan first impressions are everything

so having a creepy evil spirit smile ( which a lot of japanese people do have) will cause people to misunderstand them and become further alienated by said person not socializing with them
>>
File: 01-1.jpg (185 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
01-1.jpg
185 KB, 1600x900
>>143830686
Just look at what happened to re:zero...realistic character and everyone lost their minds saying its shit .
>>
>>143832071
>realistic character
the meme is powerful
>>
File: 1464826902957.jpg (64 KB, 517x704) Image search: [Google]
1464826902957.jpg
64 KB, 517x704
>>143832096
The majority of people who go through hardship turn out to be peices of shit. Broken, arrogant, or having a victim complex kind of people. Just saying. I myself have had a terrible childhood, everything from almost rape to getting the shit beat out of me. Bullying was the least of my worries. I turned into a narcissistic edgelord who developed morality based on TV and anime. Now I got a kinda hero complex but I also am lazy and existential at the same time. I think Subaru is realistic because he has some of these qualities. You do things for attention. Or you disappear as a person. One or the other, There is no inbetween.
>>
>>143831868
Don't really know desu fampai. The whole abuse angle in that show seemed shallow. Red eyes mother and her comical level of evil-ness
>>
>>143832244
>You will never get to rape and traumatize an anon

Why even live?
>>
File: 1467052461849.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467052461849.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>143833337
That almost quint.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.