[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most overrated anime of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: 8105_clannad.jpg (1 MB, 4129x2506) Image search: [Google]
8105_clannad.jpg
1 MB, 4129x2506
What is the most overrated anime of all time?
>>
Berserk from the ones I've seen
>>
Cowboy bebop and NGE easily.
>>
Any Makoto Shinkai film.
>>
>>143798495
berserk the manga is overrated, the anime is just recognized as OK for the 97 effort and terriblef or the most recent.

probably NGE, as much as I love the series.
>>
Op's favorite one
>>
Gurren Lagann, not so good
>>
>>143800002
>>143800002

and anything with time travel.
>>
Toradora by a mile
>>
Mushishi? More like MushiSHIT
Aria, a show about nothing.
Hellsing, Twilight except shit.
Darker than Black? More like Browner than SHIT
Akagi. If I wanted to see old people sitting around a table I'd visit my grandma more often.
Neon Genesis Evangelion, makes about as much sense as a pedophile in a retirement home.
Serial Experiments Lain? more like Serial Experiments LAME shitsux
Dennou Coil? More like shitty Fractale ripoff without Yamakan.
Samurai Shitpoo. Shitty plot and writing, shitty characters, and even shittier music.
Beck, if I wanted to watch shitty bands, I would go see Tool live.
Kaiba. Pretentious Powerpuff girls shit with LOLDEEP.
Tatami Gaylaxy. Groundhogs day for hipsters.
Paprika. Pretentious Inception ripoff now with moeshit.
One Piece, if I wanted to watch a good shounen I would watch Naruto.
Kino no Tabi? If I wanted to watch a dyke on a motorcycle, I'd go visit San Francisco instead.
Eureka 7, more like Gurren Lagann 2.
Vinland Saga, shitty manga and even worse anime. 2 episodes in and I fell asleep.
Hidamari Sketch, confirms my belief that art school students are idiots.
Kurenai, shitty anime about an ugly loli.
Koi Kaze, if I thought incest was wrong I would stop having sex with my little sister.
Usagi Drop? More like Usagi DROPPED
Grave of the Fireflies? If I wanted to watch a whiny cunt and his little sister fuck around I'd go to Chuck E. Cheese.
Golden Boy? If I wanted to see a genius get horny, I'd videotape myself masturbating.
Mononoke, if I wanted to see a crossdressing, homosexual pothead wearing make-up, I'd move to Brazil.
Toradora, if I wanted to watch a menstrual bitch raging I'd hide my mom's midol.
Claymore, looks like a dick, strong beginning and middle but a cheesy ending.
>>
>>143800881
>Twilight except shit
>>
>>143798458
Stop making these shitty threads people have different kinds of shitty tastes I mean I like gurren lagann but I can't understand cowboy bebop does it mean cowboy bebop isn't good and its not a masterpiece of course not . Something you can't understand doesn't mean it's a shit although sao is shit
>>
>>143798458

some shounen probably
>>
Manko-to Shitkai films, Ghibli films, Evangelion, Bakeshit, Madoshit, Toradora, LoveLive
>>
>>143800002
This really. Apparently his most recent work was really good though, according to those that attended Anime Expo
>>
>>143800881
>Mononoke, if I wanted to see a crossdressing, homosexual pothead wearing make-up, I'd move to Brazil.
Gets me very fucking time
>>
File: 1421714406411.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1421714406411.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>143801569
>Manko-to Shitkai
>>
>Serial Experiment Lain
Apparently boredom with a 90's artstyle is enough to make a good anime. Evangelion gets a lot of abuse for 2deep4u but Lain is purposely filled with shit you're not meant to understand. It's an anime designed for smug people to feel better about themselves when anyone else calls it shit.

Texhnolyze is from the same studio and is at least entertaining.
>>
all of them
>>
>>143801569
90's Ghibli was the peak of film anime.
>>
If we're talking overrated as in they're not as great as everyone makes them out to bed, NGE by far.

I've never seen more people defend a series and say it's god tier than NGE.

I don't think it's bad, I just think it's way overrated.
>>
File: 1439924348051.gif (185 KB, 390x290) Image search: [Google]
1439924348051.gif
185 KB, 390x290
>>143800881
Got a good chuckle out of a few of these.
>>
Steins;Gate
>>
>>143801833
Too many people confuse "overrated" with "bad". But most things are overrated. There's always some asshole who thinks _____ is the best thing in the world, everything else tries to be like _____ but fails, and anyone who doesn't like _____ has shit taste.

Eva is a good example of it. It's good, to be sure. But most people have seen very few anime, and most of what they have seen is DBZ, Naruto, etc. So when they see Eva (or something else that's above-average), they think it's a masterpiece, because all they have to compare it to is fucking Naruto.
>>
>>143798458
Steins;Gate. I will never understand the reverence people have for this series. The anime does nothing to improve upon the source material; it's just a competent, unremarkable adaptation of a far-better VN. I'm convinced that Steins;Gate fans are either new to the medium or haven't seen anything other than shounenshit and thus have low standards.
>>
Madonkadonk.
>>
File: best.jpg (166 KB, 720x1224) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
166 KB, 720x1224
>>143802221
>>143801977
Steins;Gate has the best girl though
>>
>>143802221
Same can be said about Higurashi and Clannad.
Except those two aren't even particularly competent.
>>
>>143798458
code gayass
>>
Dragon ball? MORE LIKE DRAGON'S BALLS!!
>>
>>143802221
anime does nothing to improve upon the source material so it's bad
[(you)]
>>
File: boring machine.png (74 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
boring machine.png
74 KB, 640x472
>>
>>143802394
I copied with so much effort ;-;
>>
Serial Experiments Lain.
>>
>>143798458
Angel beats. It's fucking terrible but people hold it up as one of the best shows ever made.
>>
>>143802221
It's just a subtle harem people feel they can take seriously while mostly just caring about the waifus. The story is alright but I can't recall a single stand out thing about the direction, and a little artistic merit is the absolute minimim for a series to be top tier in my books.
>>
>>143798458
The music alone makes clannad a 7.5/10
>>
ERASED. FMA:B, and HxH.
>>
>>143802343
>code gayass
I think most people who love Code Geass recognize it as a trainwreck, and they are pretty upfront about it when recommending it.

>>143799931
>Cowboy bebop and NGE easily.
I'll have to agree. Though both are great anime, both are so over-hyped it's nuts. Not here on /a/, though.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Madoka or Monogatari series yet. Which is good, because both are fucking masterpieces.
>>
>>143798458
Anyone else think their eyes are freaky as fuck? Can't even get started on this show they remind me of bugs
>>
>>143798458
Better question is what anime ISN'T over-rated.
>>
>>143802915
The ones I like.
>>
>>143802915
bebop deserves all the praise
I don't fucking care there are no flaws and what is good is godly good
>>
>>143802892
Shoo, shoo!
>>
>>143802915
My favorite anime
>>
>>143803004
Hello newfriend, enjoy your stay in /a/!
>>
>>143798458
Eva.
>>
When people hold Cowboy Bebop to be the epitome of everything anime should be, then it's definitely Cowboy Bebop, without a doubt.
>>
>>143799931

I think enough people call out Eva on its shit for it not be nearly as universal overrated.
>>
>>143803004
okay anime at best. that garbage is too overhyped for its own good.
>>
>>143802830
>ERASED
Something must be rated to be overrated.
How long before this piece of shit is rightfully forgotten?
>>
>>143803184
>>143803497
I've been on /a/ for years and I don't fucking care how many smug anime girls you will throw at me, It won't change my mind about it.
K-On is also not overrated, it is pretty great.
>>
Love Hina. It ruined harem anime forever, and canonized the tradition that the bitchy, abuse tsundere always wins.
>>
>>143803621
>K-On is also not overrated, it is pretty great.
K-On is the greatest show of all time though so it can obviously not be overrated.
>>
>>143803004
I really liked Cowboy Bebop, but I'm so tired of people calling it the best anime ever made. People who say that are just shitters or new to the genre.
>>
Gurren Lagann, not so good.
>>
>>143798458
haruhi
code geass
>>
>>143803762
The thing is i'm not new to the genre and I still think that everything is great and the last 3 episodes are masterpieces and strokes of a genious
So is episode 20 of season 2 of K-On.
>>
Literally anything that J.C. Staff has made.
>>
>>143798458
Hands down: It's Naruto
>>
>>143803846
it would have been better if Ed was never introduced
>>
>>143803946
Nah, I fucking love her, she is like a hurricane, greater than life and you just can't know how it will enter or leave yours, you just know it will affect you.
When she leaves with Ein is just wonderful.
>>
File: enough.png (152 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
enough.png
152 KB, 400x400
>>143803909
You and your "friends" are dead, kiddo.
>>
>>143800881
>Paprika. Pretentious Inception ripoff now with moeshit.
>Inception 2010
>Paprika 2006

Keep trying on this one.
>>
>>143802833
>I think most people who love Code Geass recognize it as a trainwreck, and they are pretty upfront about it when recommending it

Depends on who you're talking to. It's often more complicated than that. Most people recognize that the show gets crazy and becomes a rollercoaster, but what they think about that varies. For some that's bad and for others it really isn't. Many would say it was pretty good on balance and still entertaining overall. Which is why they give it high marks. It's not a show where everyone hates most everything about it and only finds enjoyment in the real or imagined flaws. So it's not even a trainwreck in the strictest sense.
>>
The Girl who Leapt Through Time? I wish she leapt through a meat grinder.
>>
>>143804338
I wish I could leap through her vag lips
>>
>>143804338
I really don't get why people apparently love it so much. The story was basic and boring and the girl wasn't even cute.
>>
>>143804233
Lurk more.
>>
>>143798458
Of all time? Hunter x Hunter 1000%
Of this year? Flying Witch 100%
>>
>>143804720
>Of all time? Hunter x Hunter 1000%
Correct
>Of this year? Flying Witch 100%
Incorrect
>>
>>143800881
What are the ones for RahXephon and Texhnolyze again? RahXephon is something to do with Evangelion iirc.
>>
>>143804720
>SoL where nothing of importance happens about a """"witch"""" who does everything besides be a witch
Well at least the cooking was better than SNS
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.