[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Koe_no_Katachi_Vol_1.jpg (25 KB, 230x345) Image search: [Google]
Koe_no_Katachi_Vol_1.jpg
25 KB, 230x345
Bear with me as I try to describe this.

Why do a lot of romance manga and anime end with things continuing being normal even when it's pretty obvious that they should end up together or something more should happen? Is there a law that you can't publish people starting a relationship?

I've noticed this in pic related tatami galaxy, spirit circle etc. etc. and the only one I really understood was Tatami Galaxy's
>>
>>143779765
Don't worry, Kyoani will fix it.
>>
>>143779865
I don't care if they fix it. I want to know why the cliche is so promminent in the first place?

It's like building up to something and then suddenly nothing happens and I don't understand why.
>>
It's not whether or not they end up together that you're really complaining about, it's that the ending isn't satisfying (sometimes as a result of that).

I thought KnK ended fine, though.
>>
>>143780341
It's cliche.

Fact is more stories are ending with the whole "they might get together" endings than the "they actually get together" endings.
>>
>>143779765
In case the publication receives enough angry, sweat/tear stained letters from blubbering otaku to warrant another serialization.

Think of Nisekoi and how long THAT shit has been going on. It's Bleach levels of "It's not over, IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN!" artificial story extension, and people can't swallow it fast enough.
>>
>>143780341
Not OP but exactly.
I LOVED this manga, and I thought it was going to end greatly when she tried yelling I love you but mc didn't understand. But the fucking ending my god was that a HUGE let down. I mean we all know they will get together but jfc they didn't confess any kind of feelings for each other.
>>
I wanted to erase this out of my head after I read the last 2 chapters.
>>
>>143780568
Like everyone is saying go to tokyo with her and he has no reason to say no and it'll be appropriate character development as they finally become close and he feels comfortable enough to not wait at home but pursue life.
>>
Do you think it's usually written with a good ending but the publishers force them to keep sequels in mind?

Or is it like Tatami Galaxy said that a sucessful romance story is the most story out there?
>>
>>143779765
Ending this series with a romance would be the same as other series that pair characters together just for the sake of having them be with someone.
I thought the series sucked, but a romance is definitely not the story the author wrote.
>>
>>143780641
Hey should have went.
The fucking Brazilian guy came back for his sister so that's enough muscle for the house.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.