[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>80% of the show's supposedly "2deep4u" content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Vincentlaw.png (771 KB, 1116x1200) Image search: [Google]
Vincentlaw.png
771 KB, 1116x1200
>80% of the show's supposedly "2deep4u" content is actually just the bad guys fucking with the main characters' minds

Come to think of it it's actually pretty frequent in fiction.

We've just been trained by the education system to immediately think that confusing scenarios and universal statements in the dialog are supposed to be messages from the authors to their audience.
>>
>i-i didn't understand something!!!
>>
>>143696332
who said that?
>>
>>143695858
Still heaps better than moeshit and anything churned out today. I dare you to name a post-apo/philosophical/surreal show from the recent decade that surpasses or at least equals Ergo Proxy in terms of atmosphere, design, characters.
>>
>>143695858
Anime is nothing but trash. You shouldn't bother with it.
>>
>>143698712
did you even read the OP?
>>
>>143695858
But fake intellectual manchildren who have never read non-fiction in their lives lap this shit up like their own cum from the stained mattress.

That perfectly describes me as well

By the way you really choose the worst possible example for this. Ergo Proxy isn't the norm, it's exceptional in how shallow and pretentious it is.
>>
>>143695858
>We've just been trained by the education system to immediately think that confusing scenarios and universal statements in the dialog are supposed to be messages from the authors to their audience.

Are you trying to suggest that fiction is a simulation and authors don't try to convey meaning to the audience?
>>
>>143695858
The larger meaning of this anime, I believe, is simple as human beings cannot live without the existence of god. It just took a little bit long considering the simplicity of the wholesome meaning.
>>
>>143699050
>>143699168
did you even read the OP?
>>
>>143698712
Ergo Proxy is fucking garbage, and the average CGDCT is better. Hell, Satou's current project is a literal kids' show (Kaitou Joker), and it's also better than Ergo Proxy.
>>
>>143695858
2deep4me
>>
Ergo Proxy came off more confused than deep

I still liked it though
>>
>>143698712
Casshern Sins
>>
>>143702361
Eeeeh, completely style, no substance. Nor any actual scifi for that matter. Robo show, too. I'd never connect the two on any way.
>>
>>143702458
>moving the goalposts this hard
>implying Ergo Proxy had substance
Two strikes, but they're big enough ones that you're out already.
>>
>>143702458
I want you to read what you just wrote and what the post he was replying to said, and then kill yourself.
>>
>>143702555
Not moving goalposts. Completely different shows with apocalyptic landscapes being the only common point.

The library ep of Ergo Proxy had more substance than the whole of Casshern Sins, which I did like.
>>
>>143695858
>are supposed to be messages from the authors to their audience
I agree with this to some degree actually. You now look for a meaning in any sort of words or dialogue. It's pretty unhealthy for your enjoyment because you'll stop watching the show and only analyze.

Doesn't mean there aren't any thought provoking texts, dialogues and scenes, and it's not like this is some sort of new thing, that's where I would disagree with you OP. We've always looked for meaning in words but I agree that, for some reason, it has gotten out of hand. Perhaps it is just more noticeable.
>>
ergo proxy is more obvious than LOST in that its clear they were literally making this shit up as they went along

its just a mess
>>
Good thing Vincent is unstoppable, wether he wants to be or not.

This show has interesting lore. I wish the last two episodes weren't so rushed, and it makes me sad to think there will never be more of it ever again.
>>
There were definitely moments where the authors tried to bullshit you into thinking that everything you saw was supposed to make sense, when it's pretty obvious that a lot of it was made up on the fly.

It's not so much pretentious as it's just a bit dishonest, because I'm pretty sure that the writers knew that they weren't the smartest motherfuckers in Japan.

It's like when you're writing a philosophy essay within a very short time and you've figured out your first two pages but past that point you have no fucking idea where you're going with it, so you just put a lot of logical terminology all over it, to fool your corrector into thinking that you have a point when all you're really doing is filling up your wordcount.
>>
>>143695858
Confusion makes it intellectualy stimulating. It forces the viewer to interact with the work by trying to decipher it's lore, story or message. You don't have to be "trained" to find confusing stories challenging, it's challenging be definition.
>>
>>143706799
oh yeah it is, but it sure as hell ain't deep.

It's like trying to play Pong with your feet while looking at the screen in a mirror: it's hard and requires you to use all of your motor skills, but that doesn't make the gameplay any deeper.
>>
>>143706939
What does deep mean according to you?
>>
>>143695858
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>143707441
When there's actually stuff you're supposed to understand beyond what's immediately accessible at face value.
>>
>>143707683
SAAAAVE MEEEE (actual lyrics)
>>
it really WAS space jesus eye lasers all along.
>>
>>143707787
Well, convoluted plots are one way to arrive at that.
>>
>>143708283
Its the counterfiet way
>>
>>143708283
I don't really get why. Fiction and art in general is an inconvenient way to deliver ideas. It's much more convenient to do it through non-fiction or through real life actions.
>>
>>143695858
"come and saaaaaaaaaave me"
-manglobe
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.