[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No love for Sakamoto here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: P3cDgLs.jpg (30 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
P3cDgLs.jpg
30 KB, 700x394
No love for Sakamoto here?
>>
We don't like fujo crap.
>>
>>143691810
But Sakamoto isnt foju crap.
>>
I really, really hated the finale. It ruined the series for me.
>>
File: GAYYY.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GAYYY.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>143691881
>>
>>143691881
Anthing without at least a 2:1 female:male ratio is fujoshit to /a/.
>>
>>143692693
Thats clearly a secret technique called knee destruction, nothing gay about that.

>>143692208
Why.
>>
Only faggots hate Sakamoto, see Acchan
>>
I'm still sad.
>>143692986
But he was a fan of him then returned to it. Wanted to be a big guy.
>>
>>143692208
How could that have possibly ruined the series for you?
>>
>>143692898
More like butt destruction
>>
>>143692898
>>143693129
Probably he believed the Sakamoto dying MAL theory.
>>
fact: acchan has the gays for sakamoto
>>
>>143693129
It made him cry
>>
>>143693167
He probably believes it because its true.
>>
>>143693129
Reminds me of that reviewer on ANN who hated episode 11, one of the strongest episodes in the anime, because it didn't have enough gags.
>>
>>143693167
What does that theory have to do with MAL?
>>
>bland art style
>shit animation
>Unfunny jokes
>bland music

Yeah, I dropped it after the second episode because it was cringy as fuck
>>
>>143693203
Unconfirmed, only speculation. No matter how you insist that it is true, it will only be a speculation, nothing more.

>>143693238
It's originated form MAL, then that one MAL user posted in on /a/.
>>
>>143693238
If I claim it started on MAL it loses all credibility and I win.
>>
So is it true that Sakamoto is dying?
>>
>>143693265
What's the second episode is about?
>>
File: 1408785278761.jpg (8 KB, 230x228) Image search: [Google]
1408785278761.jpg
8 KB, 230x228
>>143693265
>Watching the anime
>>
I like it.

But last episode had noticeable QUALITY.

Favorite episode was sumo with Hayabusa.
>>
>>143693238
It originated there. It never came up in the manga dump threads on /a/. The anime threads, which had many users who never read the manga, were where the theory had vocal support.
>>
>>143693283
Of course it's ambigious but it's obvious that Sakamoto doesn't actually go to NASA and this is one of the more plausible theories explaining it.
>>
>>143693283
But then why is he leaving then?
>>
>>143692208
It's reasonable, apparently the studio got affected by the earthquakes in Japan so the episodes had to come out less frequently and they also had to redo the finale and put the real final episode on the blu ray.
>>
>>143691665
SUGITA loves Sakamoto, right?
>>
>>143693283
>b-b-b-but its jsut speculation.

Nigger, you have to be pretty fucking retarded to not get that the manga is telling you that Sakamoto is dying.

>haunted by a ghost, aka death
>there is a rumor going around, and the teachers confirm it. However what that rumor is is never outright stated
>Sakamoto says his only regret is not knowing the amount of holes in the ceiling of the nurses office, implying he's been there alot
>He was allowed to give the graduation speech as a first year, which is highly exceptional
>the song he picked at karaoke was the Erlkoning, a song about a young boy who died while seeking treatment for his illness. He could have picked a million other songs to mask his burp, but he didnt.
>the literal final nail in the coffin is that the cover page of the last chapter has Sakamoto in a locker, in a pose often associated with corpses in a coffin
>final chapter is called "FAREWELL, Sakamoto", not "goodbye, sakamoto"
>>
>>143693283
>>143693427
Can you actually prove that? Even if it was also posted on MAL it's not like two people can't have the same idea.
Not like it'd discredit the theory anyway.
>>
File: 1463621841539.jpg (58 KB, 578x516) Image search: [Google]
1463621841539.jpg
58 KB, 578x516
>>143693568
Of course he does
>>
>>143693585
No, you're just pretty fucking retarded to think a theory is true because it is so convincing while the author never outright stated it so.

It's called fancanon
>>
>>143693522
Wrong, you already saw the real finale, they skipped an episode and altered the finale accordingly. THe skipped ep will be bundled with the blueray
>>
>>143693830
>b-b-b-ut speculation.

its called "finding out the answer on your own"

The manga very clearly spoonfeeds you the answers, and it becomes even more obvious if you reread all the chapters with the knowledge of the final one. You can see the hints even more easily.
>>
>>143693903
Yes okay whatever you say. Still doesn't change the fact that it was never canon.
>>
>>143693427
It is common theory in japanese forum actually.
>>
File: s002.jpg (230 KB, 728x1106) Image search: [Google]
s002.jpg
230 KB, 728x1106
>>143694065
Yeah, you're right. Its just speculation :^)

Thats why he's lying about going to nasa.
Thats why all the classmates are crying
Thats why Sakamoto was crying.

The classmates cried because they heard the rumor that the teachers confirmed, and as such know that Sakamoto was dying.

Sakamoto lied about going to Nasa/mars because it would conveniently explain why they cant see eachother anymore. if he was just going to another school, they could still meet up or keep in contact somehow.

Even the title "Sakamoto desu ga" implies that he wants to be remembered.

InB4:
>b-b-b-b-but the author didnt confirm it so its not true
>>
>>143695937
Like I said, you can post whatever you want, things won't change.
Sure greentexted me stuttering again, so you can feel better for yourself.
>>
>>143696059
Feel free to stop being retarded anytime kiddo.

Stick to your nerutas and Blech mangos, you wont have to think for yourself in those.
>>
I liked it for two episodes, and then it got old.
>>
>>143696208
reddit the post.

Nothing personal kid.
>>
>>143696603
What's the second episode was about?
>>
Nice thread.
>>
>>143696842
something something McDonald's
something something girls who love Sakamoto
>>
File: s041.jpg (196 KB, 728x1144) Image search: [Google]
s041.jpg
196 KB, 728x1144
>>143696620
Sorry, but I cant take some retard that cant put two and two together seriously.

The manga hamfists the clues down your throat.
>>
F
>>
>>143693585
this
>>
>>143697257
A lot of it is denial because holy shit what a terrible unnecessary plot twist for the eleventh hour to throw.
>>
>>143697257
>mangafox
Yep, fucking reddit. Probably a summerfag too.

Thank God Sakamoto isn't popular in /a/.
>>
>>143697906
You're not fitting in kiddo.
>>
>>143697900
You mean amazing. And it isnt a plot twist because it isnt shoved down your throat. Its something you have to find out yourself.

Realizing that he's dying makes all the previous chapters more interesting. its the story of a boy who wanted to live his remaining year to the fullest.

The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long.
>>
I hated at at first, but the last two episodes were wonderful.

It's not a comedy, it's a tragedy.
>>
>>143698274
>he's the cart driver! That's what makes it good, because it's ambiguous but I'm 100% right!
>>
Him dying also explains why all the classmates were crying, and why he lied about working on a project about going to mars.
And the pie throwing.

They wanted to send him off with a smile.
>>
>>143695937
hello keit-ai 2.0
>>
>>143698366
>ambigous
>final chapter cover is basically Sakamoto in a coffin, in the corpse pose
>titled "Farewell, Sakamoto"
>ambiguous

Farewell is used when sending of a person you'll never see again, or at funerals.

Otherwise it would have been "goodbye, Sakamoto".

I know thats prolly too subtle for your walnut sized excuse for a brain to grasp.
>>
>>143693482
there are a lot of possible reason one of these, his bourgeoise family is moving
>>
>>143698754
You're retarded.
Why would his classmates cry over him moving, they can keep in contact and meet up.
Why would he lie about that in the first place?
>>
>>143698899
your favourite classmate is moving, the guy you respect most the guy who helped you when you were in need, it's normal to cry;
the terminalsickness teory is emo masturbation-material
>>
>>143699118
There is literally no one in the fucking world who would cry over a classmate moving in a world where the internet exists.
>>
While I want to believe and probably would make some drawings regarding the 'Sakamoto is Dying Route' it was still, and always will be a Fanon, unless the author cemented it as a fact,during some interviews or maybe in the Hayabusa senpai spin-off
>>
>>143699266
see
>>143695937

The author literally told you on the cover.
There is no other reason for such a morbid cover to exist.
>>
>>143699354
Really? Sakamoto always did some weird shit on the cover, its his usual schtick. They all have been left ambiguous, thus giving us fans to decide for ourself about his fate, nothing ever set in stone about his true origin. Remember when we all thought he was some space nigga?
Come on Nigga, we dont need this shit. You can believe Sakamoto dying, its fine, I get turned on as well when my waifu get hurt, but if you went full autism and tried to correct everyone, no ones having fun. Sheesh
>>
>>143699354
>morbid
it's just a metaphor for the end of the manga
there is nothing morbid in a coffin pose
>>
>>143693585
>haunted by a ghost, aka death
grasping
>there is a rumor going around, and the teachers confirm it. However what that rumor is is never outright stated.
grasping some more
>Sakamoto says his only regret is not knowing the amount of holes in the ceiling of the nurses office, implying he's been there alot
Or it could mean the exact opposite, that he has never been there a lot, and went there once and noticed some holes in the ceiling.
>He was allowed to give the graduation speech as a first year, which is highly exceptional
He is Sakamoto, everything about him is exceptional. Even the teachers knew he was exceptional.
>the song he picked at karaoke was the Erlkoning, a song about a young boy who died while seeking treatment for his illness. He could have picked a million other songs to mask his burp, but he didnt.
Sakamoto wanted Opera, I don't think they would have that much opera, and I highly doubt Sakamoto consciously wanted to mask his burp. In fact, the only people who thought the burp would do him in were the two college students.
>the literal final nail in the coffin is that the cover page of the last chapter has Sakamoto in a locker, in a pose often associated with corpses in a coffin
Easily be a metaphor for his departure.
>final chapter is called "FAREWELL, Sakamoto", not "goodbye, sakamoto"
What does that have to do with anything.
>>
>>143699241
>Why do mothers cry about their kids moving out to college when the internet exists.

Seeing someone over a screen is not the same as seeing them in person.
>>
I like to believe he simply had to go back to his home planet
>>
>>143699638
>there is nothing morbid about a guy in a casket assuming the dead body pose and his eyes closed
>its just a metaphor

You're grasping even harder than anyone in this thread.

its simply alluding to the real reason for his departure.

>>143699677
I know you're prolly some dumb spic, but farewell is used in scenarios where you will likely never see the person again, and goodbye is used when you will talk to that person again soon.
>>
>>143699677
>Or it could mean the exact opposite, that he has never been there a lot, and went there once and noticed some holes in the ceiling

Why regret about that?
>>
>>143700018
The only sane man in this thread
>>
>>143693265
>shit taste
I wish your mom had dropped you during the second trimester.
>>
>spent the whole year doing all sort of physical exercise
>nothing indicating that he was missing or getting out in the middle of classes because he wasn't feeling well
>wow he is obviously dying guys!!

Why can't people accept it's just a light hearted comedy? Why everytime something have a happy end people come with those "it's secretly a dark tragedy!" theories? You are just taking random things and forcing them as evidence to something that don't proves nothing.

Since Sakamoto seems to only attend that school for 1 year and the fact that we know nothing about his parents, a more plausible conclusion would be that his parent's job needs them to move constantly. Because of that, he acts that way to get people's attention, to befriend them, and make a impression so he wouldn't be forgoten. He cried at the end because they become more than his classmates, they become friends and he will miss them.
>>
>>143700702
baffles me that people can think a dying man can perform feats that a top olympic athlete wouldn't be able to
>>
>>143701088
The entire manga sakamoto does weird shit, but when he acts like a vampire suddenly he has aids and will die tomorrow
>>
>>143700152
it's a broom cabinet, not a casket, the death means the end also in tarots, the death means the end or a nig change, anyway, don't no you on me
>>
>>143700702
>Since Sakamoto seems to only attend that school for 1 year and the fact that we know nothing about his parents, a more plausible conclusion would be that his parent's job needs them to move constantly. Because of that, he acts that way to get people's attention, to befriend them, and make a impression so he wouldn't be forgoten. He cried at the end because they become more than his classmates, they become friends and he will miss them.

If he constantly moves, you'd think he'd be used to the feeling of parting with other people, no? Then it's a bit difficult to swallow him crying from parting with his classmates since he's naturally good at capturing the spotlight.

And why would he lie about going oversees to NASA if it was just his parents moving? Sakamoto doesn't seem like the type to hide that kind of truth.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.