[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /a/ rarely talk about good anime? And I mean with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Mushishi.jpg (44 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Mushishi.jpg
44 KB, 768x432
Why does /a/ rarely talk about good anime?

And I mean with a good ending, amazing enjoyment, characters and story.
>>
>>143652774
If you want to talk about good anime, do it, instead of metafagging.
>>
>>143652887
Even if I did, no one else would.
>>
>>143652774
Because you don't like the anime /a/ talks about.
Maybe look for a different community?

Or maybe discuss anime you like in an interesting manner that draws people into your threads.
>>
Think about it newfags -

>it takes a couple years for a show to be generally considered a classic
>99% of shows are no longer discussed on /a/ within that same couple of years

Also even "good" shows merely have a larger consensus of people who like the show; basically every "good" show absolutely has people who dislike it if not hate it too; you just normally don't hear from that other side of the coin on hugbox / echo chamber forums on other garbage sites. Speaking of other garbage sites about 5/10 of MAL's top 10 are all fucking Gintama. Which is not that good of a show and just an obvious example of some weird warped local meme'ing on that particular site. So "good" is extremely subjective even site to site to boot.
>>
>>143653045
Not OP, but fuck I wish there was another community that wasn't as meme-ridden as /a/ which discussed a bunch of little known shows with cute girls in a non serious way, but only /a/ has the critical mass to get together enough posters who don't dismiss stuff just because it's doesn't have enough blood flying around. But anime attracks teens and young adults, so I guess it'll never happen.
>>
We had this thread yesterday, you cumbubble.
>>
>>143652774
On /a/ we mostly talk about current airing animem of course thread about other anime are still welcome
>>
>>143652990
I doubt you've ever made a single interesting thread in your life. Judging by this thread they were probably all passive-aggressive whining that people responded poorly to. Try actually being positive about a show and bringing something interesting to the table. Don't expect everybody here to be a newfag like you who only just watched Mushishi last week or to find "man this was a good show" very stimulating conversation.
>>
>>143652990
Well aren't you special.
>>
Nothing to discuss
>>
>>143652774
/a/ is not intelligent enough to discuss anything other than waifus and lolis
>>
>>143653724
/a/ discusses plenty of different shows, people like you and OP are just mouth breathers who can't formulate any discussion beyond "man I like thing" and don't understand why other people don't reply to your threads.
>>
>>143653724
>you must be intelligent to discuss anime
fuckoff moron
>>
>>143652774
Because good anime are rare.
>>
File: 1461464605899.gif (2 MB, 293x163) Image search: [Google]
1461464605899.gif
2 MB, 293x163
>>143653769
>/a/ discusses plenty of different shows
>>
>>143654106
Anon, just tell us the shows you wished /a/ talked about, so we can show you a thread discussing them from a week ago and call you a fag.
>>
>>143654106
There's 100-150+ new shows a year. About half of them are useless shorts or garbage for 5 year olds, but the other half usually get some time here while they're airing.

As for the other 5000 anime of the past, you're a dumbass who can't see the forest for the trees if you want people to rehash the same discussions on old shows again. They don't. Wanting to talk a lot about only past shows is the hallmark of either a baby-fresh newfag or a disconnected /v/-type casual who doesn't follow the medium closely.
>>
>>143653964
Okay anon, what are some good animes in your opinion? (My favorites are probably Jojo and One Piece.)
>>
>>143652774
>good ending
Nothing happened so there was no ending either. It wasn't a bad show, but don't pretend there was actually a story or an ending
>>
>>143652774
Mushi shi was boring to me. I'm not denying that it was a good show, because it was, but even when I watched it wanting to chill and do nothing I got bored and dropped it.
>>
>>143654380
Why would you care about the taste of some random dude on the internet?
>>
>>143655251
Well, we are in a thread discussing anime, and as a counter-argument to the thread's main premise, this anon stated that good animes are rare.

To understand this anon's argument, it's important to understand taste so we can properly analyze and discuss taste, /a/ culture, and anime in general.

But yeah, I could just not spend the effort trying to have a discussion and shitpost. Yeah, that sounds way more fun! Thank you for bringing me to my senses, anon. Welp, off to make some loli threads!
>>
>>143655726

And yet all you do is make sarcastic comments about how everything sucks and everyone else is stupid.
>>
>>143655726
Individual taste doesn't really matter all that much though.
Almost all seasonal shows at least get weekly threads here. So if you think there are few good anime getting discussion here it's because according to your own taste there are few good anime, which would be pretty reasonable anyway.
If you're talking about older stuff or classics you're a retard for expecting people to want to discuss something they might have seen years ago just because you just happened to watch it recently.
>>
>>143652774
The shows you're probably thinking about are highly regarded but not popular, and chances are they aired quite a while ago.
Imageboards, by nature, promote popular stuff while punishing discussion that doesn't get much traction; so having a slow but steady thread in a fast board means your thread is just gonna die with twenty three replies and no real discussion.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.