[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's the end of the series, Ikoma won't wake up, everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Kabaneri_01-03_0005.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kabaneri_01-03_0005.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
It's the end of the series, Ikoma won't wake up, everyone grieves after realizing what happens and the show cuts to black.

Timeskip, it shows Ikoma's grave next to Takumi's being visited by an older Kajika.

Shot of Ayame ruling the country with Kurusu standing on her side and Yukina commanding a hayajiro along with Sukari and Kibito maybe.

Then the last shot has several children asking a figure about the kabane and the beginning on how humanity reclaimed their land.

It's Adult Mumei, now refered to as Hozumi. She smiles and gaze into vast golden rice fields.

"Let me tell you a story, about the Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress"

Doesn't make sense as well sorry, im still salty about the ending that looks more like the studio begging for a 2nd season after binge watching the absolutely brilliant first episodes
>>
But Ikoma needed to survive to fill Mumei's belly.
>>
To redeem the show, you don't need to change the passable ending, you need to completely redo Biba and his motivations. You should remove super zombies as well.
>>
>>143649899
I would have been okay with this
>>
>>143649899
I think it's fine the studio is opening a possibility for a 2nd season, hopefully it can be redeemed if it ever got one.

The problem is with Biba, the pacing turns to shit from his introduction.
>>
>>143650181
Super zombies are fine. The issue is that Biba should've been a villain introduced over the second cour. His presence also coincidentally shows a massive jump in the powerlevels, see Kurusu completely crushing wave after wave of kabane by the last episode, when a few episodes earlier, he was on the upper tier of normal human capabilities.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 160x127) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 160x127
>>143649899
>"Let me tell you a story, about the Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress"

Woooooow, fucking bravo OP
>>
>>143650181
I don't see what's so wrong with Biba. His failed relationship with his father made him crazy, but he was too smart to perish when he was sent out on a hopeless military expedition. His goal was clear and simple: destruction. His motivation was clear and simple: hatred for cowards (including himself).
>>
>>143649899
What a shit ending that would be.

I'm happy with how it actually ended.
>>
>>143652154
>The problem is with Biba, the pacing turns to shit from his introduction.
Agreed. We went from his introduction to his revelation of "big bad" status in half an episode, then everything started going off the rails [pun intended] from there.

Ending felt hasty as shit, Ikoma got his closure, but didn't have to suffer any real consequences for it, and in the end, nothing was terribly impressive about this whole show.

Whatshisname is good at world-building, but plot is lacking.
>>
I knew the moment that biba got a vial of white blood that he would end up injecting it into not-eren
>>
>>143650181
and erase mumei's character as well while you are at it.
>>
>>143654126
Then you're a retard.

The ending has no resolution.
Kabane are still everywhere, the survivors have nowhere to go, no safe havens left.
yet the ending has them riding off into a green wonderland under the rainbow.

How are they going to keep the train moving when they inevitably run out of coal? They're still not turned back into humans either
>>
>>143655543
>The ending has no resolution.
That's the poing, a season 2 is possible and would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>143654126
Pretty much this, Im glad the edgemasters got BTFO.
>>
>>143649899

Jesus Christ this steaming pile of shit is a fan fiction right? You didn't actually unironically write it yourself right?
>>
Let alone the things that have already been mentioned, in the first episode, when the infection magically reverses I claimed that it was bullshit, and people said that 'maybe he has a magic power or that gem on his hand does'; I decided to suspend my disbelief as it was probably a fantastic one time thing that the writers decided to half ass. In the last episode you can see him deflect a train with sheer energy, an ability that was never mentioned or shown. None of these things have ever been explained, it's just deus ex machina to fix everything.

>Oh you say a train is gonna run over the dude? Don't make him jump out of its way, instead just make him grow an energy shield out of nowhere. HAHAHAHA THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD

This show was shit since episode one and I called it.
>>
>>143655905
And then what? They're going to pull a safe haven out of their ass?

Oh lol, we forgot about this totally safe spot, we shoudve gone there in the first place xD.

Where are they going to get coal from? Or more importantly, food?

The anime made it clear that the shogun's town was the last safe town.

And what is that fucking gem? They keep putting the spotlight on it, but fail to explain why.
>>
>>143656393
It's probably more that he has some natural resistance to the virus which allowed him to remain mostly asymptomatic, when combined with the temporary cutoff/reduction from the brain. Biba's group presumably failed to produce more than one male Kabaneri despite having better knowledge and equipment.
>>
>>143656393
>In the last episode you can see him deflect a train with sheer energy, an ability that was never mentioned or shown.

On the contrary. we saw Horobi use energy too, a couple of episodes before. It's the same thing. The explanation? They were both powered up by the same blue liquid. So was Mumei too. There, you got it.
>>
KISAMA ARE YOU A NINGEN OR A KABANE
>>
>>143659389
Who's Kisama?
>>
>>143649899
>"Let me tell you a story, about the Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress"
shut the fuck up
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.