[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it actually possible to learn japanese from anime?If so then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 5hGpnNP.jpg (74 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
5hGpnNP.jpg
74 KB, 1440x810
Is it actually possible to learn japanese from anime?If so then how long does it take to learn only from watching anime?
>>
No.
>>
>>143629910
無理だ。
>>
You'll pick up phrases and words but nothing more.
>>
What you hear means that you will speak like a little girl.
>>
Watch animes since 2001 and no, just enough to know some common expression, and acknowledge the errors of translation following the situation, but building a sentence ...
>>
>>143629953
This faggot here is right.
>>
>>143629995
>ellipses
Kill yourself newfag.
>>
File: 1447107914085.jpg (105 KB, 608x430) Image search: [Google]
1447107914085.jpg
105 KB, 608x430
>>
Rori Nori sure is cute
>>
>>143629910
Totally possible if you are under 5 years old. Practically impossible if you are older.
>>
>>143629910
>Is it actually possible to learn japanese from anime
no, but you could know some shit.
>>
>>143629910
I've learned majority of my Japanese from animu
>>
You'll be able to understand raw anime after a while but actual Japs talk way too fast compared to voice actors and there's muttering too, might as well be a different language.
>>
File: 1318706492207.jpg (99 KB, 560x683) Image search: [Google]
1318706492207.jpg
99 KB, 560x683
>>143630148
How much Japanese do you know?
>>
>>143629910
You're bound to learn something from it after a while. You won't speak, read or learn japanese by watching animu.
>>
>>143630207
how do you measure it?

I already realized I understood majority of what people say in the series when Higurashi's radio dramas came out.
>>
>>143629910
you can learn enough to be able to listen to Jap and nitpick what you understand. for example: "eh, nanio? ehhhh?" -clearly he's frustrated/confused and you can easily understand what's going on based on what the premise was e.g. he was trying to tie his shoes and failed. the words that come after are easily identified such as "kono", "mendokusai" and such. from that alone you can decipher he probably said something along the lines of "what the hell? these damn shoes are impossible to tie, I mean come on this is getting irritating." without having to know what any of the other words he said meant.
>>
>>143630081
You are a retard
Kids dont magically learn a language, they also have to be taught
They just pick up words and their meanings faster by listening, which we all do, that doesnt make them learn how form a sentence let alone write it
>>
You can learn Japanese from studying anime - there are tools (e.g. subs2srs) to do this. From just watching it? No.
>>
>>143630409
No one teaches kids to speak, they pick it up by listening and repeating. Proper grammar and writing are taught of course, but everyone can speak before the first grade.
>>
i've been watching for over 10 years, i can get the gist of what people say but nothing substantial
i honestly learned more in half an hour of rosetta stone
>>
>>143630827
Thats essentially what I said, and watching anime do.
Saying its impossible after 5 is retarded
>>
>>143630967
*people watching anime do
>>
>>143630827
>they pick it up by listening and repeating
And talking. Which you don't do.
>>
I learned english mostly from simpsons and movies so sure
>>
>>143630409
I learned 3 languages by watching TV as a kid
>>
>>143629910
I would say yes, but you can't watch it with subtitles on
>>
>>143629910
who is this cum plum?
>>
Yes but only if you turn the subtitles off.
>>
>>143630409
I learned Italian during the nineties from their dubbed anime and German because of Super RTL and their dubbed western shows, if you're a kid you absorb languages like a fucking sponge if you're constantly surrounded by them. No one in my family and none of my friends knew German, there was no one there to teach me and I was speaking it fluently without by the age of 8 just because of shitty dubbed cartoons
>>
>>143629910

If you study for 1-2 years and learn the basic grammar and structure of how sentences work, then you can start picking up the vocab and solidify your understanding of grammar by just watching anime with subs.
>>
>>143629910
You only learn properly by studying proper sources of knowledge.
You can pick up rituals, practices and phrases but never grammar and grammar makes up a huge part of any language.
>>
>>143629910
You'll get some words and phrases, but to learn actual sentences you have to study.
>>
>>143629910
fuck no
>>143629995
>space before punctuation
>ellipses
lurk for 2 years before posting dumb esl poster
>>
>>143631257
Sure
>>
>>143629910
Yes.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.