[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So serious question here. What do you think an anime that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1420181610450.jpg (35 KB, 246x172) Image search: [Google]
1420181610450.jpg
35 KB, 246x172
So serious question here.
What do you think an anime that's a collaboration of Japanese and American industry be like?
How do you think it will affect the story/characters?
I'd personally like to see something like that happen, one of the writers being foreign could actually give us a pretty interesting original result.
>>
The guy who made shaman king did a manga with stan lee.
>>
I would really not enjoy this.
>>
>>143595940
Why not?
>>
Best case scenario, it turns out great with less cliches and archetypical characters, as well as having an actual budget.
Worst case scenario, it becomes super mainstream and becomes virtually indistinguishable from any other popular American series, with forced diversity, attempting to pander to a wider audience with an abundance of pop culture and Internet references, and tons of network constraints that remove anything even remotely obscene or objectionable.
>>
We're going to see that with FLCL S2 I think considering how it's only being made because of western funding or something.

>>143596058
Instead of anime/manga cliches you'd get western cliches though.
>>
>>143596003
Anime is what it is because of the Japanese culture and mindsets. All you would get is culture clash where one overpowers the other. You can enjoy different mediums separately just fine.

>>143596058
US made shit has just as many cliches and archetypal characters just different ones.
>>
>>143596210
>Anime is what it is because of the Japanese culture and mindsets.
I agree, but that doesnt mean that once in a million years something like this cant happen.
Being open minded is good, and collaborations sometimes end up being great because each party lacks in something the the other might have.
>>
So something like the second season of Big O? And Space Dandy air in America first, that's pretty Western-focused.
>>
File: paradisekisspromoart.jpg (412 KB, 1024x696) Image search: [Google]
paradisekisspromoart.jpg
412 KB, 1024x696
>>143596650
Especially like ParaKiss, but yeah you get the point.
>>
Wasn't Panty & Stocking written by gaijins?
Funny how its the best written Imaishi work too.

Also the new Ghibli movie is directed by a foreigner
>>
>>143597325
Holy fuck I was wondering this.
Panty and Stocking is unironically one of the most memorable anime I've ever watched.
Not the best, but memorable. It left such an impression on me that I cant forget it no matter what.
>>
>>143597325
Panty and Stocking was absolutely not written by Americans.

It's not a Ghibli movie, they're just doing some of the animation.
>>
>>143595485
>What do you think an anime that's a collaboration of Japanese and American industry be like?
Borring, forgettable, and or uninteresting. Just like every other Japanese and western collaboration.
>I'd personally like to see something like that happen, one of the writers being foreign could actually give us a pretty interesting original result.
This has been going on for well over a decade now. Wanna know why you don't know about them? Let's just pretend you're not new shit, it's because they were THAT forgettable. You would get maybe one or two cute unique girls and that's it.
>>
>>143595799
I wish there were more chapters available online cause damn that was kinda fucked up and weird but you could tell it was gonna go somewhere huge eventually and the premise was already wild to begin with.

But I'm also a huge takei fanboy so that could be attributed to the hype I felt reading it.
>>
>>143597325
sup reddit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.