[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The first season wasn't that bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: SAO_E09_BD.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SAO_E09_BD.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
The first season wasn't that bad.
>>
>>143583204
Two years worth of semen
>>
>The first cour wasn't that bad
Fixed
>>
>>143583241
Oh yeah, maybe. The beginning was good, lets say that.
>>
The Sword Art ended too fast.
>>
Was SoA the cancer that opened the floodgate to le ebin NEET in an MMO setting?
>>
>>143584303
Dot.hack did it first before SAO came out offically
>>
>>143583241
>The setting wasn't that bad
There you go. It got shit as soon as it shifted its focus from Klein and MMO to girls and stupid mechanics.
>>
>>143584378
.hack did it better.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (120 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
120 KB, 1600x1200
>>143583204
>>143583241
The first cour was actually promising. Not good per se, but very promising. The premise was interesting and while there was a clear goal in sight, there was also the theme of having to adjust to the "normal" life within the world they were trapped in. Kirito had some Jesus syndrome already but it wasn't horrible, and certain leaps in logic or inherrent contradictions weren't horrible. Kirito was bland, and Asuna wasn't horrible for a tsundere. A lot of enjoyable minor characters got too little screentime, but it was okay. What killed the Aincrad arc was mostly the way it ended: the guy behind everything never explains why he did it, and Kirito's reaction is pretty much "you killed some of my closest friends? Okay then, I guess."

While the second arc wasn't exactly the worst thing since cancer, like /a/ tends to make it out to be, it was less interesting. In fact, the only thing I honestly like about it is Leafa's character design, and even that is pretty generic (Centorea without the horse pussy, Darkness but with wings etc.). What also pissed me off is that a potential rapist who hasn't even really raped anyone is somehow worse than a mass murderer. This only makes sense if you assume Kirito is the only person in the world that matters: those 2000+ guys who got killed (except Sachi, who is never brought up again) were far removed from Kirito, so they "don't matter". Asuna matters to Kirito, so even saying you'll harm her means it's a grave offense. Kirito's sense of justice must be fucked up, but that's not intentional. It's bad writing. While I was entertained while watching it, it killed most of my interest to watch SAO II.

Though I struggle whether I should just drop it or keep watching just to see how bad it gets.

>>143584448
I wonder if it would've been better if Klein replaced Asuna. Not as a love interest of couse, but more as a best buddy sidekick who also acts as the goof to his straight man.
>>
Didn't we just have this thread and it died because it devolved into shitposting? For fucks sake stop making SAO threads if you have nothing to contribute.
>>
basically first half was pretty good, everything else after that is just milking for cash
>>
>>143585255
As far as I can see, you're the only one not contributing to the discussion. If you're so easily triggered, you can always hide this thread and use filters to prevent seeing threads that trigger you in the future.

Or you can just put on your big boy pants and accept some people discuss things you don't like, be the bigger man and walk away. Being socially maladjusted is no excuse to be a child.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.