[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are anime intro so comically long? Is there an actual reason?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1459233818323.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
1459233818323.png
306 KB, 593x540
Why are anime intro so comically long? Is there an actual reason?
>>
Because they're good enough for people to want to listen to them. Same reason American TV shows don't have 90 second openings.
>>
>comically long
I am not sure I follow.
Are you referring to One Piece?
>>
>>143572304
A minute and a half is pretty long for an intro, which is the standard.
>>
>>143572232
Fills up slot time without having to crate new content for each episode. It also greatly helps marketing to have a catchy intro song, especially if it's performed by a famous artist.

There's pretty much no downside to it at all.
>>
>1:30 is long
What?
>>
>>143572326
>pretty long for an intro,
Is it?
Even if it's longer than western standards, what makes it comical?
Who are you to decide how long an opening should be?
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 800x448
>>143572232
The best example I can give.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbaM-URygs
>>
>>143572232
shilling the latest songs
>>
>>143572375
Never claimed I was the intro police m8, just asked a question. I guess it's a little worse if you watch new episodes every week, but for watching episodes back to back, they're pretty long. I know I can just skip them, but still pretty long for an intro. Probably just a personal thing though
>>
>>143572443
*Better, not worse
>>
>>143572232
They aren't actually that long. Western cartoons like simpsons/southpark may be 30s, but the longer shows can have 1.30-2.30 intros.

Also consider that the western timeslots are shorter to make room for commercials.

Finally, they try to sell the OP song as a single which doesn't happen in the west.
>>
Reduces the amount of content that needs to be produced. Combine this with recap segments, ending segments, next episode previews, and you only need about 17 minutes of content per episode. And that's if there aren't flashback sequences during the episode!
>>
>>143572443
So you don't like them?

>Never claimed I was the intro police m8
But you did pass judgement. What you did is called a loaded question.
By asking Why rather than If, you are asserting your opinion as fact. When you do that you shouldn't be surprised to find people who disagree with you calling you out on your bullshit.
>>
>>143572590
Yeah, I did do that. I'll work on that boi, thanks for the info. Not surprised to find people disagreeing though
>>
>>143572232
So even less animation than the bare minimum they usually do has to be done
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.