[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
______ adaptations make for the best anime. (manga / game / LN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1434765265265.png (66 KB, 1557x862) Image search: [Google]
1434765265265.png
66 KB, 1557x862
______ adaptations make for the best anime.
(manga / game / LN / VN / real novel)
>>
Nonadaptations
>>
>>143559582
this is strangely accurate
>>
I like VN adaptations.
>>
>>143559582
A single good original is better than 20 adaptations.
>>
>>143560587
can you show me your math there because it doesn't seem to add up
>>
Original shows are always more fun.
>>
>>143560843
Adaptation: You already know what is going to happen, how they do depends almost entirely on the popularity they already have.
Originals: If they are bad/boring they will be forgotten and buried, but a good original is extremely fun to speculate about and discuss, and will have a long lasting following or even start a new franchise of derivative works on its own if it becomes popular.

I do like adaptations of things I enjoy, of course, but I always know what to expect. With originals there is the excitement of potential.
>>
>>143561049
So what I get from this is a) lasting popularity is the thing that really matters and b) knowing "what happens" is the only reason to watch anything. You serious? There's far more to art then what goes inside the spoiler tags. How well something does has no bearing on how good it is. Most of the greatest animated works from any country, not just Japan, have been adaptations. Originality is effectively meaningless in my opinion, I can't think of any reason as to why originals should be better than adaptations, or the other way around for that matter.
>>
>>143561396
>Originality is effectively meaningless in my opinion
Your opinion is effectively meaningless then. Probably not even worth discussing why as you seem to enjoy the polarizing and randomized claims game far too much for a meaningful discussion.

Enjoy your thread.
>>
>>143559582
Don't put manga and LN together please.

Atleast the former is more varied and has many types of target audiences.
>>
Ranked from best to worst:
• Real book
• Anime original
• Standard manga
• LN with an ending
• VN
• Neverending shonen
• LN where the anime exists purely as an ad for the novels
• Game
>>
>>143561536
I'm up for being convinced otherwise dude but like, I can't rationalize an original work being any better or worse than an adaptation by that metric alone.
>>
>>143561642
Nailed it.
>>
>>143561642
Where do fake books stand?
>>
>>143562704
He means actual novels, regular shit that isn't LN,WN or VN format.
>>143561642
>LN with an ending
So can this be an anime original ending or does it have to be the LN's true ending?
>>
>>143561642
where do ongoing LNs with no anime adaptation stand?
>>
File: 1459473288029.jpg (48 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1459473288029.jpg
48 KB, 500x374
Anime Original
>>
>>143561642
I'll agree if Kino's journey counts as a real book over an LN
>>
>>143559582
Code Geass was an original yet it is still being discussed to this very day
>>
>>143561642
-Novel
-Eroge
-LN
-Manga
-original
-shonenshit
-game
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.