[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally finished this and all the sidestories, films, etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 8sobx.jpg (372 KB, 1840x1794) Image search: [Google]
8sobx.jpg
372 KB, 1840x1794
So I finally finished this and all the sidestories, films, etc. There's one really shit movie and the main series kinda fizzled out during its last season, but overall it was fucking fantastic.

So how did you cope with finishing LOGH? What should I fill the hole with? What do I do with all this free time and interest in anime? Send help.
>>
>>143557328
>What should I fill the hole with?
Read a book. Perhaps a history book if you like war, battles and such. Or, if you like space, some good hard sci-fi or non-fiction pop sci. Oh, wait, you say you actualy unironically liked LoGH. Well, then kysmm/w.
>>
Not going to recommend you anything in particular, for obvious reasons, but there's plenty of good character-focused cunning/strategy heavy manga around, a few currently ongoing ones even, just look around. Main thing LOGH has going for it vs others was the massive scope of it's setting, which by itself isn't that important a factor really.

Also Yang is best boy
>>
>>143557328
Decide if democracy or autocracy is better, then attend mock line battles dressed as your commander of choice
>>
>>143557610
all science fiction is pop media
>>
File: best girl.jpg (34 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
34 KB, 225x350
best girl in the series for sure
>>
>>143557976
>pop media
>implying anime isn't the plebbest of pop media
You have no patrician cred to lose, search your heart, you know it to be true
>>
>>143558269
Your point? Yes I consume anime, of course it's pop media, all television is, but so is all science fiction. There isn't any thing wrong with consuming pop media.
>>
>>143557328

The Only thing that can really live up to it that I have seen would be Game of Thrones. Those two shows are the only I thing I ever compare when asked if there's something similar to either one.
>>
File: angry bunny.jpg (20 KB, 439x435) Image search: [Google]
angry bunny.jpg
20 KB, 439x435
>>143558704
>Game of Thrones
>>
The Temeraire books hit the spot for me post-LOGH, strangely enough. Easily digestible light fiction with just the right blend of politics, military, and interpersonal relationships. To a certain extent, Laurence (career officer) and Temeraire (the political philosopher) are jointly Yang, and of course Napoleon is Reinhard.
>>
>>143558973
The show jumped the shark after... just about the 1st season, but books are pretty solid up to the 5th, say what you will about Martin. But of course, they don't have as much qt fuccbois as LoGH.
Also
>tfw no ASOIAF anime
Hack&Hack ruined the universe...
>>
>>143557328
When you're older and have less free time you'll regret that you wasted it all on one medium, trust me. Follow >>143557610 advice and try something new. Maybe the 'hole' is the sign that you need to move on. It's ok to grow out of anime, majority of people do it soomer or later.
>>
>>143562481
Can only second this. I used to watch every show every season but these days I only watch a couple shows, 2-3 at best. Mainly watching /tv/ stuff now

I enjoy anime every now and then like Macross Delta because stuff like this is why I watch anime in the first place but accepting that other mediums have at least as much to offer as anime / tv shows do
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.