[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they so much more better at being producers than Aniplex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Bandai-Entertainment.jpg (235 KB, 1500x600) Image search: [Google]
Bandai-Entertainment.jpg
235 KB, 1500x600
Why are they so much more better at being producers than Aniplex?
>>
>>143515960
How much better are we talking about?
>>
How? They just make Gundamshit and idolshit, that's as lazy as it gets.
>>
>>143517203
Whay not? It makes money.
>>
>>143515960

Experience I guess, not just relying entirely on event tickets and overwrought marketing campaigns and dumb MAL and Crunchyroll kids to be popular. Aniplex didn't used to be as outright a terrible company before they went full retard with the Monogatari, Sawano and VN/LN writer staffing.

Also Bandai just knows how to create and popularize their own franchises, Aniplex just goes out and buys adaptation rights to established hits and then milks them with overpromoted 12 episode adaptations, movie trilogies and tie-ins with the original authors in the Blu-Rays. Aniplex almost never works with anything other than a number 1 bestseller in its original format or staff coming off a recent smash hit either.

Aniplex is probably lucky it bandwagoned onto Bandais Anime Consortium Japan thing in any cause they really need all the affiliations they can get. If Type Moon, Key, Bandai and Kadokawa suddenly decided to revoke adaptation rights access to their brands it'd probably kill the company overnight
>>
>>143517441
Because there's no effort involved. They just need to rehash the basic Gundam storyline, and Love Live is about as safe and pandering as you can get.
>>
>>143517203

So because you're ignorant of just how many projects they actually have you just say some shit then
>>
>>143517631
Sorry goy, as company they only care about shekels. They give a shit about your taste
>>
>>143517697
Most of their projects are unremarkable. Gundam and Love Live are just examples of how safe and lazy they can be and still make money. They're like Disney and Marvel where the only criteria for making money is "don't piss anyone off."
>>
>>143517631

Even if that were all they did how is that any different from what Aniplex does? It's literally the same business model except they actually create and build up their own franchises instead of licensing hits or running mediocre originals with Sawano music and crazy ad campaigns that are more memorable and pronounced than the shows themselves
>>
>>143517871

You clearly aren't paying attention then but whatever not going to argue subjectives with shitposters and list stuff just for one of them to tell me how bad it is and just say some shit
>>
How to post on /a/

>Make a topic stating an idea
>Everyone shitposts and just goes to tell the OP how wrong they are at absolutely everything but not why everyone else is right while ignoring the initial purpose of the topic in the first place
>>
>>143517871

So they're exactly like Aniplex. Its no wonder they partner up so much
>>
File: 1465478762304.jpg (815 KB, 1039x1477) Image search: [Google]
1465478762304.jpg
815 KB, 1039x1477
>>143517203
Well there's this show from Bandai's subsidiary that its movie is topping the box office for months especially after it was being premiered on 4DX and later its disc sales of their 3 years old series is topping the chart in this season beating any other this spring anime.
>>
>>143517966
I think they're about equally bad. I just feel Aniplex works are more memorable, for the right or wrong reasons.
>>
>>143518442
And then there's aniplex tried to imitate their success and make this instead.
>>
>>143518442
I watched that, and it was just a popcorn flick.

>>143518486
This, meanwhile, was actually pretty memorable.
>>
>>143518610
>memorable.
Yeah, it was so bad that it ingrained to your brain that you wish you could forget that you had watch it.
>>
>>143518128
Nah, if Bandai was Disney then Aniplex would be Warner Bros or Sony in how, business-wise, they can't make a single good decision.
>>
>>143518770

Aniplex literally is Sony and are handling most of their franchises about as badly as Sony Pictures have things like Spiderman lately. Top down their Visual media divisions have this arrogant we know best vibe to them and like they're more concerned with just pumping out shit and tying up certain staffers to keep them in a non-compete sort of status and retain licenses from defaulting even if it means just making shit movies or anime. It was literally a miracle that Marvel somehow managed to get Spider Man back from them.

Honestly Aniplex strongest insight is in their marketing. Nobody markets like they do but any time they meddle in actual show making decisions which is virtually all the time the results can clearly be seen in the pissed off fans left in their wake yet the studio or staff always somehow ends up with the blame even though with even a casual observers eye it'd practically pathological bad decision making of this producer that is ruining so many shows and people in the industries potential. The one good thing that may come out of them now is they could conceivably finish off Mari Okada once and for all
>>
>>143518770
Aniplex is Sony.
>>
>>143519008
>as badly as Sony Pictures have things like Spiderman lately
Psst... ___________________Ghostbuster.
>>
File: 1463868428676.jpg (205 KB, 1394x1442) Image search: [Google]
1463868428676.jpg
205 KB, 1394x1442
>>143519035
I'm talking about the American side of Sony, the one whose emails got leaked and revealed that they were planning Spider-man vs The Amazing Spider-man.
>>
>>143519078
Is there any fuckup in anime that can rival that?
>>
>>143517203
>They just make Gundamshit and idolshit,
I think you need to look up all the shit they do, namely with Toei
>>
>>143518610
>This, meanwhile, was actually pretty memorable.
>Haifuri
>Memorable
Oh fucking please. Nobody's going to care about that shit in half a year. GuP is currently dominating the sales charts, not just the movie but the original fucking releases of the series are topping everything from this season alone. And I didn't even watch GuP
>>
File: GettyImages-520807772.0.jpg (84 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-520807772.0.jpg
84 KB, 1280x854
>>143519008
>>143519078
It gets worse
>>
>>143519035
>Aniplex is Sony

Funny you mention that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyk_l7sK400

Kind of anime related.
>>
>>143519365
Oh yeah, just because something tops the sales charts it's memorable.
>>
>>143519474
In animes case, that's actually true
>>
>>143519561
Kabaneri sure was more memorable than Anne Happy.
>>
>>143519616
I don't like Kabaneri but it probably is going to be. If only because it was such a ripoff. Kabaneri is flavor of the season but Anne Happy is something even below that if it's possible
>>
>>143519711
And here's where I know to disregard your opinion.
>>
>>143519616
>>143519762
Sansha Sanyou is better and more memorable than Anne Happy..
>>
>>143519078

That's Sony too? Jesus the insanely bad PR thing really knows no bounds with them lately. Outside of their game division they destroy anything they destroy any possible good will they come in contact with. Now I'm a little worried about Kingsglaive

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-how-sony-plans-slime-897104

This newly learned info led me to this. I love how they're response is just to get pissy about it. So typically Sony
>>
>>143519873
Sansha Sanyou is only notable for its animation.
>>
>>143519127

>Emma Stone as Carnage,

Wait wut? What about Cletus Kassidy?
>>
>>143519365

Gup BDs are already back go ranking above Haifuri discs one week after its release. Its like Japan was like"Oh cool same staff that's nice...oh back to business"

My fear is Aniplex pulling a typical Sony and somehow tying up the staff on bullshit projects so that Bandai Visual can never get a proper GuP second season out. Imagine how hated Aniplex would become over night in Japan if it was ever found out that they did this and how little they'd care since no amount of bad PR seems to bother them. They didn't even give a shit when one of A-1s key animators died due to stress related suicide
>>
>>143519616
Kabaneri isn't really dominating anything right now though. It's doing well, but it didn't even break 10k sales.
>>
>>143520175
>Its like Japan was like"Oh cool same staff that's nice...oh back to business"
Well also Haifuri was kind of garbage
>>
>>143519944
I wonder what makes Sony arrogant as fuck. I mean most companies back off or don't have balls to do some stuff, but sony act like they own everything.

I'm still waiting for them get shot in the foot on game division too. This going need a big ass fuckup because publishers are sheeps and love the money that sony throws at them.
>>
>>143520530

That's how it is with all their divisions. Of all the Big 7 media corporations they're by far the most needlessly dickish one and prone to bad PR and just crazy delusions of self-grandeur to the point where I wonder how people can still give them money or invest in them. I'm just not seeing 3hat they're bringing to the picture besides market volatility and a fuck you business culture
>>
>>143521691
I liked the Angry Birds movie.
>>
>>143518610
I'll take popcorn flick over any boring shit please.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.