[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Texhnolyze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
After everything that happened, how can he still smile when he's dying?
>>
>>143513148
But he wasn't dying, or was he? I don't remember him having any fatal wounds or anything of the sort at the very end.
>>
>>143513468
He was bleeding from a gunshot in the final episode. It's quite possible he bled to death.
>>
He was dying for 22 episodes, or rather, he was never alive.
I would probably be happy too.
>>
>>143513677
>bait
He was alive. He was just struggling hard to live even when things were looking bleak.
>>
>>143513468
He died, as did the the whole city.
>>
He's smiling because his suffering is finally over.
>>
>>143513148
What killed me the most during the ending is that Ichise finally started to have some hope in his live, he was becoming a person in the second half while living through all that hell. I felt so sorry for him, and I also cried like hell during the ending. It seriously fucked me up.
>>
File: 1438622634234.png (101 KB, 298x295) Image search: [Google]
1438622634234.png
101 KB, 298x295
He just wanted to live his life to the fullest.
>>
>>143514523
did you even watch, the technolyzation kept those people alive, probably forever. Not to mention the raving dudes that never got techno'd. We never actually see any of the described 'women and children' die either.
>>
He found redemption in a single flash of beauty (the flower/Ran).
>>
File: comparison.jpg (187 KB, 1556x959) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
187 KB, 1556x959
Because he dies knowing that he fought to the very end until there was nothing left to fight for and because of the image of Ran's flower. You can look at it either two ways: either he's projecting it himself because it/Ran was there to comfort him throughout the series or it was Ran somehow doing it as a last act of kindness. More than likely the first one, but considering we see her become Raffia after he buries her, it could still be a possibility and it's a lot nicer to think of it that way.
>>
>>143514833
No, I'm afraid I haven't. When the lights turned off the people of the city started going mad, and started killing each other.

>>143514753
He was the true hero, and was right all along. Also, he's the best villain.
>>
>>143514753
>It's the "I'm bored, so I'm going to start a gang war" episode.
>>
>>143514919
I like this interpretation. Ran really wanted the best for him. I did like pic related where she's keeping him company as he's going to face Kano. She's probably not alive at that point and seeing her there in spirit made me smile a little.
>>
>>143513148
After his parents died when he was only a kid and up until where the series started off, life must have been very hard for him. Mostly because I believe there was no person around him during that time who actually cared for him. He seemed to only live for the enjoyment he got out of fighting and not much more. After the start of the series he got to meet new people who came to care for him, Ran, Doc and Onishi being the most important. As a proof that Ichise himself cared for these, he fought back against those who proved to be threats to them (one good example I believe was him making Yoshii his enemy the first time they met and later protecting Onishi by killing Yoshii). Ichise also got to learn that his father wasn't to blame for what had happened in the past. So him smiling at the end of the series I believe was because he was happy that he got to know the people who cared for him and giving him reason to live.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.