[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who would win? both are at their top form, no asspulls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: hobos.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hobos.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
who would win? both are at their top form, no asspulls
>>
Isn't Mugen's character all about asspulls though? He's too unpredictable.
Probably Jin though.
>>
Point of the series is that they're basically the same guy but from different styles and eras.

So they'll draw every time

better question would be who would win in a fight between Spike and Mugen.
>>
>>143499033
>from different eras
There's time travel?
>>
>>143499920
There's also a phone
>>
>>143499033
mugen of course, he's basically superhuman
>>
File: keanu.jpg (16 KB, 462x462) Image search: [Google]
keanu.jpg
16 KB, 462x462
>>143499033
Mugen is spike's great x500 grand father
>>
>>143500017
yeah but the martial arts Spike uses were pretty much made for people like Mugen

also the technology thing (which isn't really significant but throwing it out there)
>>
>>143498811
I would.
>>
They're too well matched. Mutual kill
>>
File: Fuu.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fuu.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
>>143498811
>>
>>143498811
Mugen
>>
>>143500480
If Spike consistently fought like an actual gangster instead of doing the weird martial arts things he favored, he would've defeated way more people way more easily. But I guess he'd have fortified a lot of bounties and spent even more on repairs that way. Mugen doesn't stand a chance against a Spike who's using modern weapons and not trying to take him alive though.
>>
>>143498811

An important theme of the show is that these sorts of "WHO IS STRONGER???" challenges are pointless. "Top form" is ephemeral and ill-defined, you're never going to have a situation that doesn't benefit or impede one or the other, someone will always be distracted by something. The question is inherently meaningless; what matters is the story and situation.

I mean, on the most basic level, where would they fight? A perfectly empty room? That unfairly benefits Jin, because it's the kind of environment he trained in. A natural setting, like a teahouse or forest? That unfairly benefits Mugen. There are no fair fights, and although "who is stronger" is a question that matters enormously to some characters, it's an empty question.
>>
>>143500961
>where would they fight?
Final destination of course.
>>
>>143500874
>Spike fights a sword with a gun
>dies

>Mugen brings a sword to a gun fight
>wins

Gunfag status: BTFO
>>
>>143501330
I look at Cowboy Bebop as a story of Spike being stupid until it kills him. Mugen on he other hand is a hardcore survivor. There's no way for them to meet up in a canon environment really though so I'm just judging by their unlimited potentials. Spike's got a spaceship with a giant laserbeam on it.
>>
>>143501412
>I look at Cowboy Bebop as a story of Spike being stupid until it kills him.

pretty much
which is probably why I'm going to put my bets on Mugen since even if Spike defeats him Mugen is probably going to rise up, go through a training arc, then defeat Spike anyway.
>>
>>143498811
Jin would eventually win.
>>
File: B0IEfqqCAAAxDES.jpg (78 KB, 599x848) Image search: [Google]
B0IEfqqCAAAxDES.jpg
78 KB, 599x848
>>143498811
I don't remember that much, but Jin can probably beat or at least force a draw against any sword user with the technique he used at the end.
If it was fight to the death he'd probably beat Mugen since he's more skillfull.
>>
>>143500874
I think its because of his hands approach that Spike is feared and respected. Same for Vicious, anyone can pull a triggered or push a button but a guy who can kick multiple asses with skill alone is always a sight to behold. Even if there's more efficient ways to do it. That lingering feelings that without the modern weapons and technology you carry around you're a smallfry compared to that weird-hairdo karate dude.
>>
>>143499968
oh fug
>>
>>143501133
with or without items?
>>
>>143499033
I don't get it. Why are people discussing Mugen vs Spike, when OP just posted a picture of Mugen and Jin and didn't mention Spike anywhere?
>>
Mugen got absolutely blown out by the Sunflower guy. Jin was close in skill to and only managed to beat him thanks to that suicidal technique.

Jin > Mugen.
>>
>>143503207
Is that even a fucking question?
>>
File: tumblr_mw6cooYmGo1s65j7wo1_500.gif (999 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw6cooYmGo1s65j7wo1_500.gif
999 KB, 500x720
Please excuse me, but can anyone even go so far as to even want to even Spike, but not just Spike with martial arts, not even just Spike with guns and grenades, no I mean Spike Spiegel equipped with the Swordfish II completely repaired and fully fueled which has a giant laserbeam on it, piloted by a Bruce Lee-esque martial arts master (look at him cleaning that fucking thing like a pro) who was also trained as a gangster in the use of explosives and projectiles, Spike Spiegel the most feared bounty hunter in the star system with over 9.000 confirmed credits in his bank account and access to Jet and Faye who are both very hairy and very sexy respectively?
>>
>>143504506
what meme is this
>>
>>143505501
I sort of blended the Madara Uchiha pasta with some other things that I guess I'm partially (mis-)remembering because I'm not even sure myself. Chewed up some memes and shat that out basically.
>>
>>143498811
Gin took a sword to the chest intentionally in order to kill his opponent. No doubt he could have done the same to Mugen. So at a minimum there is that outcome.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.