[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 33
File: x47Oc1ra081.gif (274 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
x47Oc1ra081.gif
274 KB, 500x341
What is your favorite anime finale? What had the most satisfying ending for you?
>>
End of evangelion
>>
>>143497761
Wolf's Rain. All those puppers asleep for good
>>
File: Kotoura (28).jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kotoura (28).jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
Kotoura-san. I was so relieved to know it was over and no more episodes existed.
>>
>>143497761
EoE is 11/10 for me.
>>
File: Welcome home.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Welcome home.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
A rollercoaster of emotions
>>
>>143497864
>>143497795
So is this just contrarian to the OP pic or does /a/ actually LIKE being told they're disgusting losers who send death threats and that all faith in them has been lost?
>>
>>143498060
I really need to rewatch Gunbuster, it didn't do it for me the first time around, too short to leave a big emotional impact. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

>>143498071
Did you even watch NGE+EoE?
>>
File: Kaiba.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kaiba.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>143497761
Kaiba
>>
File: texnolyze.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
texnolyze.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
It's satisfying now, years after watching and being depressed about it.
>>
>>143497761
Gintama
>>
True Tears

Such a good ending even though the show is only 7 episodes.
>>
File: 1334992335363.png (826 KB, 731x727) Image search: [Google]
1334992335363.png
826 KB, 731x727
>>143498135
>The TV show ending is happy, showing Shinji (the audience surrogate) take his first steps at improving as a person, despite even losing the one person who ever loved him shortly before.
>Cue movie
>Asuka gets her special character moment instead of Shinji
>the movie has Shinji (still the audience
surrogate) masturbates to Asuka's unconscious body, remarking on how fucked up he is
>Instead of the group therapy session, all the women in Shinji's life call him out being being a misogynist shithead
>the whole time Shinji (again the audience surrogate) is just looking at their tits and ass and eventually doesn't even see them as individuals
>there's literally no more plain way to show that he's objectifying and dehumanizing them
>"We are nice to you" literally the best, punchiest line in the entire fucking franchise. Holy shit!
>Shinji fucked the world
>Literally only brings shit back out of spite
>Shinji (STILL THE AUDIENCE SURROGATE) can't even murder Asuka because he's such a weak, pathetic sack of shit
>The film ends with Asuka calling Shinji (again still the audience surrogate) disgusting

The death threat letters are shown in the movie.
They happened.
It's easy to assume they had some effect on such a different ending.
That they lost faith in the viewers and changed their mind Shinji and us.
>>
OPERATION RESCUE YURIKO
>>
>>143498498
>7 episodes
>best girl loses
Pick one.
>>
>>143498071
>does /a/ actually LIKE being told they're disgusting losers who send death threats and that all faith in them has been lost?

yes
>>
>>143498410
came here to post this

also Penguindrum, I guess I'm a sucker for bittersweet endings.
>>
>>143498908
This.
Penguindrum was just so fucking good.
TTG was pretty good too
>>
>>143498571
You didn't understand it then.
EoE is an EXTENSION to the series, it doesn't replace EoTV, it extends it. They work together.
I like the movie because it gave conclusions to ALL major characters, not only Shinji. All of them had an extra special moment.
>The TV show ending is happy, showing Shinji (the audience surrogate) take his first steps at improving as a person, despite even losing the one person who ever loved him shortly before.
The movie is a happy ending as well.
>Asuka gets her special character moment instead of Shinji
Asuka, Rei, Misato, Ritsuko, Gendo and Yui all get an extra special moment to conclude their character IN ADDITION to Shinji.
>Instead of the group therapy session, all the women in Shinji's life call him out being being a misogynist shithead
they didn't
>there's literally no more plain way to show that he's objectifying and dehumanizing them
Shinji only objectifies Asuka
>Literally only brings shit back out of spite
He brings "shit back" because he is starting to accept himself. He also brings "shit back" only if "shit" does want to be brought back.
>The film ends with Asuka calling Shinji (again still the audience surrogate) disgusting
True (as in her referring to him masturbating to her) although this is still open to interpretation.
>>
File: x2+Rin+is+OK[1].jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
x2+Rin+is+OK[1].jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>143497761

Most endings leave me really unsatisfied. The worst are endings that show what the characters are like several years later. It makes you feel like you fell in a coma and all your friends left you behind.

I like endings the most which show that the characters who I've grown so attached to keep living their lives the way I want them to. That's why I like the ending of Usagi Drop NOT THE MANGA Both of them will keep living their lives together the way that was shown in the anime.

If you want to know which ending was the most emotional for me, then it had to be Wolf Children. That made me cry like a little bitch.
>>
>>143498987
I really liked the ending of Lucky Starbecause of that reason.
>>
File: Oreimo-2-14-38.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Oreimo-2-14-38.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
If Oreimo ended right here, it would've been the most satisfying ending in anime history.
>>
>>143497761
Bakemonogatari Episode 12. Still gives me shits and giggles.
>>
File: maxresdefault1[1].jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1[1].jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
I think this ending tied everything together and resolved the issues of the characters pretty well. It's the kind of ending that makes the second watching more enjoyable because it reconceptualizes a lot of things. I was expecting just some BS ghost story and I got so much more.
>>
The ending of Katanagatari was pretty fucking great, even if the last episode was a bit off kilter.
>>
>>143499226
Marnie is such an underappreciated Ghibli movie.
It ties together the MCs development and the story of Marnie very well.
>>
>>143498571 is actually supporting their interpretation with what happened in the actual movie, and a surrounding real life event actually shown in the movie.

>>143498981 Your argument is NO YOU"RE WRONG. THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! MY INTERPRETATION IS THE ONLY RIGHT ONE BECAUSE I SAID SO!
>>
>>143499406
Real life happenings having any important impact on the outcome of EoE is a bad argument.
The preview of episode 24 clearly shows scenes exclusively from the movie, even though the movie wasn't planned at this point. The movie is clearly what EoTV was meant to be but couldn't because of budget problems.

Point out the points where I did that and I will elaborate them further. I made it short and sloppy because I didn't want to bother after over 20 years when the other anon clearly made no effort to educate himself on EoE.
>>
File: SuperTengenToppaGurrenLagann.png (239 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
SuperTengenToppaGurrenLagann.png
239 KB, 720x406
Literally fuck all of you
>>
>>143499645
I stopped watching the movie at the point because the fight took way too fucking long and it was really boring desu
>>
>>143499645
I didn't like the ending very much, nor did I like the whole second half for that matter.
This fact hit me really hard when they killed off all the gurren members. They died and I was like "meh", because the anime never bothered to make me attached to them in any way.
The only very good episode in the entire second half is yokos teacher episode
>>
>>143497761
EoE obv
Texhnolyze saddest
Monster pretty good
>>
>>143498981
>>143499548

>EoE is an EXTENSION to the series, it doesn't replace EoTV, it extends it. They work together.
You provided nothing to support this claim.
>The movie is a happy ending as well.
>they didn't
>Shinji only objectifies Asuka
>He brings "shit back" because he is starting to accept himself. He also brings "shit back" only if "shit" does want to be brought back.
You provided nothing to support this claim
>True (as in her referring to him masturbating to her) although this is still open to interpretation.
You provided nothing to support this claim, and say it has to be in reference to something at the beginning of movie when she already addressed that with "I know all about your little jerk-off fantasies about me." in the call out scene.

All you actually said here other than "NO U" is "I like the movie because it gave conclusions to ALL major characters, not only Shinji. All of them had an extra special moment. " You personally liked the movie because it did a thing.
>>
File: 1435566173785.jpg (142 KB, 617x1100) Image search: [Google]
1435566173785.jpg
142 KB, 617x1100
>>143497761
Aria, Ping Pong, EoE, and Gunbuster all have GOAT endings.

>>143499645
I have problems with it but this was some high energy stuff. A lot of fun.
>>
>>143498981
>>143498981
>>143498981
>You didn't understand it then. EoE is an EXTENSION to the series, it doesn't replace EoTV, it extends it.
>>The preview of episode 24 clearly shows scenes exclusively from the movie, even though the movie wasn't planned at this point. The movie is clearly what EoTV was meant to be but couldn't because of budget problems.

Neither of these contradict the interpretation of EoE being 87 minutes of Anno screaming at otaku that they're terrible people. And you're also contradicting itself in saying one is the "true" version while also saying at the same time that they're both collectively the "true" version and that none are the "true version."

>Real life happenings having any important impact on the outcome of EoE is a bad argument.

The real life happenings are documented in the movie itself. The letters are a part of the movie. They impacted the movie so much they are part of the movie itself. How is part of the movie not relevant to the movie? They are only shown briefly but they are there.
>>
>>143499773
>EoE is an EXTENSION to the series, it doesn't replace EoTV, it extends it. They work together.
EoTV focuses nearly entirely on instrumentality, while EoE shows events before and after instrumentality.
EoE is also as I already mentioned the intended ending of the series, although both endings get the same message across.
>http://wiki.evageeks.org/End_of_Evangelion

>The movie is a happy ending as well.
All major character plot points are resolved. Shinji finally accepts himself so much that he even wishes to return and overcame his hedgehog dilemma. Asuka finally accepted that it is okay to be independent of her surroundings and overcame her version of hedgehog dilemma, as shown in both her awakening scene and the hells kitchen scene.
Rei made herself independent of Gendo, accepted herself and her other forms and finally decided what to do on her own.
Yui got her wish to create an eternal monument of human existence.
Gendo got concluded by getting killed off, Ritsu had her final conclusion with Gendo and Misato could return to her lover (although her character didn't really get resolved, she died by showing her entire character flaw one last time by "seducing" Shinji).

>they didn't
The people that call out Shinji in instrumentality are Shinjis version of those persons, not the persons themselves. Watch it again, they state that multiple times right during instrumentality.
If you didn't get that you should also look into the whole filter of reality motive that was used in the entire show.
>Shinji only objectifies Asuka
Shinji sees only Asuka as sexually desirable. We have multiple bust shots of her, Shinji looking at her in a sexual manner, and he does that with no other character. Claiming that Shinji is objectifying the female characters is to be proven, not the other way around.

cont
>>
The hippo song did it for me.
>>
>>143500234
>He brings "shit back" because he is starting to accept himself. He also brings "shit back" only if "shit" does want to be brought back.
This is ridiculous, this is very clearly shown at the end of EoE. If you didn't understand that you CLEARLY haven't even watched the movie at all.
Unless you're one of those retarded adam and eve people, if this is the case there is no help for you.

>True (as in her referring to him masturbating to her) although this is still open to interpretation.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Interview_with_Yuko_Miyamura_.28BS_AnimeYAWA.29

Now please, if you're the original anon, can you even back any of YOUR claims up? Because you can't.

>>143500100
True as in akin to the originally shown concept for 25 and 26. EoE is a twoparter called 25' and 26' for a reason and the preview in 24 exists as well.
If you would have paid attention, you would have noticed that Anno was yelling at otakus the entire time, not only during EoE.
That was the whole point behind the dream > reality and reality > dream instead of dream > dream motive he wanted to get across.
>>
File: cool.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
cool.gif
2 MB, 500x281
The final two episodes of miss trigger
>>
>>143497761
EoE as a GOAT ending.
Katanagatari was pretty dank as well.
Also Welcome to the NHK, Bebop and FLCL.
GotF had a pretty high impact ending as well
>>
>>143497761
EoE moved me the most, so I guess it qualifies as most satisfying ending to me.
>>
>>143497761
EoE/ tv ending
FLCL
Gunbuster
>>
File: Trigun-trigun-19479812-600-600.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Trigun-trigun-19479812-600-600.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
perfect ending 10/flawless
>>
File: smugai.jpg (12 KB, 378x403) Image search: [Google]
smugai.jpg
12 KB, 378x403
Planetes

You will never have a perfect space waifu wait for you

Why live, /a/?
>>
School Days
>>
File: latest.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
ORU HAIRU RURUSHU
>>
I think I love ending in all of Watanabe's shows (haven't watched Space Dandy). Even the KoTS ending, which I know Manga did better, I just can't help but love them playing moanin for one last time and running down the slope.
Also love EoE, Katanagatari and FMA: B
If one can consider seventh movie ending than Kara No Kyoukai as well.
>>
>>143498071
Heh. The great thing about EoE is that you can take away your own personal message without explicitly being told what was the point.
>>
File: 14426534563454.jpg (32 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
14426534563454.jpg
32 KB, 704x396
>>
File: Gundamu.png (878 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
Gundamu.png
878 KB, 960x738
>Universal Century 0080

It was so beautiful my dick cried.
>>
>>143498071
>EoE was just Anno saying fuck you to all of the filthy otaku NEETs who masturbate to anime girls

This is a stupid meme and you're a faggot for propagating it.

>>143498060
I was already kind of spoiled on Gunbuster because I had seen screencaps of "welcome home" on /a/, so I knew that it was coming. Even then it still got to me because I was finally aware of the context behind it.
>>
>>143497761
Michiko to Hatchin. That's an unpopular opinion, but whatever, I cried like a bitch for personal reasons.
>>
>>143498571
Improving?
Shinji became, through all his fights, a perfect human.
A completed one.
That's why it's based on the Sephirotic Tree of Life, Evngelion is aimed at creating a human stronger than Angels.

At the end of the original saga, Shinji became totally resistant to everything. His ego becomes the same as an angel, and I won't even be surprised that he would get an AT Field (Kaworu showed him that with his human body he can develop an AT field too).

Shinji becomes God, as the result of the completion plan (which worked well). But I still find it too familiar to clap their hands towards him to congratulate him. They should probably bow, but I guess that Shinji prefers to remain an anonymous God and not triggering heavy protocols/events.
>>
>>143510096
In other words, Evangelion is a plan to prove than every human (with right sufferings) holds seeds of divinity within it.
>>
Darker than Black season 2 was a total tearjerker
Ergo Proxy had a great finish. Just standing out there, with full potential over the ruins of everything, knowing shit's gonna get real.

But my favorite ending has to be Berserk :^)
>>
>>143499049
this
>>
>>143510178
I loved Berserk's ending desu. So completely on track with the events that unfolded. It was a "fuck you" to your favorite characters and a "fuck you" to the watcher. I dig it.
>>
>>143498060
To be honest, I didn't really feel the ending of Gunbuster that much, possibly because I'd been spoiled on it.

Then I got to the end of Diebuster and it was like a truck had just driven through the wall and slammed into me. Is that what Gunbuster was like for those of you going in unspoiled?!
>>
>>143512087

yes
>>
Probably Requiem for the Phantom. It just felt real. Like what would have actually happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>143512087
Honestly both have great endings. I think diebuster's ending only makes gunbuster's ending better
>>
>>143512087
I literally felt the same way as you.
I though the ending was meh to Gunbuster but when Diebuster connected it I was through the roof
>>
>>143512087
Yes

Honestly both have great endings. I think diebuster's ending only makes gunbuster's ending better
>>
File: 2345245.png (62 KB, 951x1400) Image search: [Google]
2345245.png
62 KB, 951x1400
NHK ends well because everyone just acts like nothing happens. Like senpai didn't cheat on her husband, Misaki didn't torture Satou for a week, Satou didn't try to kill himself multiple times in front of his friends and that Yamazaki become a manwhore who got his heart broken by a lesbian.

Everyone just goes back to being hopeless losers, destined to fail.
>>
>>143497761
Soul eater's anime ending was the best thing Ive ever seen, I loved seeing friendship win out over all
>>
>>143497761
TTGL ;_;
>>
>>143510152
Well that does seem to go along with traditional eastern philosophies of what GOD is. Something that is inside each living thing, as opposed to an imposing figure above us.

Actually it makes NERV's motto appropriate and ironic. GODS IN HIS HEAVEN, ALLS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.
>>
Bokura Wa Minna Ikite Iru
Ikite Iru Kara Kanashii n’da

Tenohira Wo Taiyou
Ni Sukashite Mireba
Makka Ni Nagareru Boku No Chishio

Mimizu Datte Okera Datte Amenbo Datte
Minna Minna Ikite Iru n’da
Tomodachi Nan Da

Ikite Iru Kara Warau n’da

Ikite Iru Kara Ureshii n’da

Tenohira Wo Taiyou
Ni Sukashite Mireba
Makka Ni Nagareru Boku No Chishio

Donbo Datte Kaeru Datte Mitsubachi Datte
Minna Minna Ikite Iru n’da
Tomodachi Nan Da
>>
>>143498060
These are literally the best ending of any anime, everything else is limp.
>>
>>143497761
Legend Of The Galactic Heroes had the perfect ending.

>>143498410
Man, I cried like a bitch during the final episode. Texhnolyze is truly one of the best anime ever made.
>>
The final episode of Ninja Slayer was amazing.
Also Gunbuster, Space Patrol Luluco and Sabagebu!
>>
>>143514070
saddest ending ever. something else than tearjerker maeda shits
>>
>>143514107
sabagebu season 2 WHEN
>>
>>143497905
Good choice.
>>
>>143507670
What if the only thing I got out of EoE is anger that guitar-man said a Glock had a safety.
>>
>>143509158
We reached the point a while ago where even Evafags don't remember anything but the memes. We went full circle and nobody knows what the fuck they watched again.
>>
>>143516438
They watched a decently smart guy throw shit at the wall to see what stuck, just to have the fans piece together some form of meaning where none existed.
>>
>>143516543
It's pretty dumb to claim no meaning was intended when the meaning is explicitly stated throughout the show.
It seems you've fallen for the memes too.
>>
Shinsekai Yori
>>
Berserk because it made me read the manga
>>
File: 5361b9a17d95c.jpg (73 KB, 1200x663) Image search: [Google]
5361b9a17d95c.jpg
73 KB, 1200x663
>>
>>143513428
It shouldn't have taken this long for this to be posted.
>>
>>143499049
I don't think I've ever been as angry for anything as I was for Oreimo's ending.
>>
File: YesThisIsTheEnd.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
YesThisIsTheEnd.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Pretty easy

The ending of Code Geass
>>
>>143497761
Strange as it may sound, both the TV ending and EoE were 11/10 endings for me
>>
File: the-end.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
the-end.png
1 MB, 1366x768
NHK probably, gotta be in really bad situation like the protagonist to fully appreciate it I think.

Also ep. 14 of SAO and ending of the 1st arc was also great in my opinion. The virtual world ending was beautiful and Kirito waking up in the hospital, limping to Asuna.
>>
The ending of Jojo Phantom Blood is my favourite
Yeah, i know, technicaly that's the middle of the first anime season, but part 2 a shit
>>
>>143520053
Agreed.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 1136x640
>>
>>143516768
Great taste anon. I can't believe it isn't talked about more here, and desu, I'm happy it is not.
>>
mind game, millennium actress, flcl
>>
The ending to the Harlock movie. Best music of any ending of anything.
>>
>>143514070
LOGH was the biggest catharsis I've ever gotten from a series. It took me some time to get over it.
>>
I like happy endings, where everything is right in the world.
>>
File: zDhbGmK.jpg (341 KB, 967x727) Image search: [Google]
zDhbGmK.jpg
341 KB, 967x727
>>143527702
me too.
>>
File: Rurouni Kenshin final chapter.jpg (132 KB, 736x1230) Image search: [Google]
Rurouni Kenshin final chapter.jpg
132 KB, 736x1230
>>
>>143520260

I'm so so glad that I got told to just drop it there and not start on the rest of it. I never have and never will.
>>
File: LolOops.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
LolOops.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>143528336
EVERYONE DIED YOU SHI-oh i see what your doing.
>>
File: welcome home.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
welcome home.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
>>143498060
Came here to post this
>>
File: 気持ち悪い….jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
気持ち悪い….jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>
Tatami Galaxy

The entire show was good to okay but the last episode neatly wrapped it up and turned it into a masterpiece.
>>
File: Bang...gif (618 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Bang...gif
618 KB, 320x240
>>
>>143497798
Wolf's Rain made me cry bitch tears. Fuck you for making me remember.
>>
>>143499086
This
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.