[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is wrong with me? I try my best to get into any anime series,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What is wrong with me? I try my best to get into any anime series, but I always quit in the middle of it because I get bored, especially those of the fantasy genre. I'm trying really hard to break into this genre of entertainment but I feel like I don't have that big of an imagination. I don't end up caring about the characters or the journeys/goals they've aimed for themselves, or feel immersed in whatever crazy imaginative world the creators come up with. And there's just something about the way a "standard" anime normally looks when animated. Like I just can't get into a story if the majority of the animation is just stiff characters that have little red circles for mouths choppily opening and closing. Unless the dialogue was actually engaging, which for the most time isn't. I'm just frustrated for not "getting" it.
>>
Watch better, shorter shows.
>>
>>143466349
Nothing is wrong with you. Not liking anime isn't a crime or anything.

That said if the animation is a big issue for you perhaps you should try manga or stick to anime movies and OVAs that have better animation.
>>
>>143466517
Suggestions?
>>
>>143466596
I guess that's the thing, because I get completely engrossed with Ghibli films and the likes, but when it's your 12/24+ episode series, I check out halfway.
>>
What's the point of trying so hard to get into something that you clearly don't enjoy? Stick to live-action stuff and stop posting here
>>
>>143466683
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>143466683
Start with famous stuff, then look at the directors from there.
>>
>>143466786
A lot of my friends are into it and I want to be more involved in their discussions. Not trying to bash the community, this is more of a vent.
>>
>>143466836
Do you have the same problem with live-action TV series? It could just be an attention span issue
>>
take something like adderall and try again
>>
>>143466710
>>143466836
I like 12-26 episode series but anything longer than that is hard for me to get into to which is the majority of Western TV shows are much longer and usually at least 40 minutes per episode so its hard for me to get into shows like Game of Thrones which is all the rage nowadays.

You might not enjoy being a part of those conversations as much as you think. I have some friends whose power level is way higher than mine. They watch all the various shows that come out each season, especially the moe shit, while I tend to wait for the seasons to finish and maybe watch a few anime a year while following a few manga. But every once in a while our tastes and attention align and we watch the same series and I find the conversations less stimulating than I would imagine.

So I get where you're coming from but don't waste your time forcing yourself to watch shit you don't enjoy. Like I said stick to movies and OVA which tend to have better animation and give manga a shot.
>>
>>143466922
Not as much, which is why came here. But who knows, that could also be an issue.
>>
>>143466349
Find another hobby
>>
Sounds like you haven't checked out Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Come back when you have.
/thread
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.