[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you read YKK? Did you enjoy it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Have you read YKK?
Did you enjoy it?
>>
Yes and very yes
>>
Yes and very yes.
>>
The last volume filled me with existential dread. It was like that feeling you get from finishing any series except amplified.
>>
>>143450343
I agree, all of those goddamn timeskips made me feel so uneasy, and sad.
>>
>>143450369

Melancholy for sure.
>>
>>143450182

Should I live long enough to live out my twilight years visiting Alpha's cafe...
>>
>>143450182
But who was her master in the end though?
>>
>>143450182
I will someday.
I will someday.
>>
>>143451172
you
>>
>sells drugs for a living
>plays guitar
>has a pistol, shoots it sometimes just because
>is immortal
>has immortal girlfriend
>still helps kids grow up
>Alpha as fuck
Yes, I enjoyed YKK.
>>
>>143450182
I personally found it to be one of the most depressing things ever. I think this must be what's it like to be on your deathbed and just wait for death to come agonizingly slow.
>>
>>143450343
>>143450369
>>143452534
>I think this must be what's it like to be on your deathbed and just wait for death to come agonizingly slow.
The manga made a point of stressing that death doesn't have to be awful. A lot of it was really depressing, but I think that's a necessary conflict for a story like YKK. Alpha's constant solitude and isolation make an amazing contrast for when she's having fun just being around people. YKK is filled with vague melancholy that makes subtle points that you'd normally overlook stand out. It has a lot of uplifting themes it presents in a very slow and often indirect way, but they are there. It's just easier to pick up on the depressing stuff.
>>
>>143450182
Yes and yes

It's S rank
>>
>>143450182
Yes, and yes very much so
>>
>>143450182
I plan to but it sounds extremely depressing.
>>
I did, and I didn't like it. A lot of wasted potential with the background plot happening.
>>
>>143450182
Yes
of course
>>
I legit think it's one of the best manga ever made. It's both melancholy and uplifting, in a way I've rarely experienced before. Also looks great too.
>>
This thread made me to start read it again, I tried once but got distracted. I don't have this much of experience with manga, but so far it's very good.
>>
Yes, and absolutely.
>>
>>143450182
Yes.
You kidding? This is the best Japan ever produced.
>>
It sort of made me feel like shit the first time I finished it but I keep coming back to it like a battered housewife.
>>
>>143451172
Hatsuseno-sensei ("Master") is implied to be a respected researcher investigating the strange growing organisms like the "water gods" and was, presumably, involved in the creation of robots along with Sensei.

Alpha and Director Alpha are both prototypes and the possession/children of Master and Sensei, respectively, leading one to assume they were produced at a similar time during the research and development of robots. Sensei's house/lab being located close to Cafe Alpha is less a coincidence in this scenario if we believe the two worked together.

Director Alpha's mission aboard the Taapon appears to be observation and recording the changes to the planet on a macro scale while Master is traveling to examine individual oddities. He's so well-known that nearly his name alone grants Ayase entry when we're introduced to the first water god.

The question I've always felt lingering, more than anything, was when did he activate Alpha? Based on Sensei's age at the start of the story and her age during the flashbacks to the research team, compared to how people are mostly not surprised by robots, it seems like there's a gap between the production of robots, launch of Taapon and the start of Alpha's "life". If there's a gap, why?

It's not something I can probably explain, but the feeling I get is that Master gives Alpha away to the world because he's realized that there's no turning things around anymore. He's a mysterious guy, though, so who knows?
>>
>>143458828
Whoa
>>
>>143450182
Yes and YES.
I dunno about you guys but this scene made me literally cry.
>>
>>143460696
And this one too. ;_;
>>
>>143450182
Honestly I tried reading his other works, and I just can't get into them like YKK
>>
YKK is pretty much perfect
>>
>>143450182
Yes.
Yes.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.