[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aku no Hana I know i'm late to the party but i couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: The Flowers of Evil v01 - p001.jpg (498 KB, 2933x1906) Image search: [Google]
The Flowers of Evil v01 - p001.jpg
498 KB, 2933x1906
Aku no Hana

I know i'm late to the party but i couldn't sleep so i read this. I was just wondering, was it ever confirmed that the female main character Nakamura was suffering from some sort of mental illness like schizophrenia? It seemed to be more than just plain teen angst.
>>
Didnt the in the final chapters she mention about taking medication? Then you got your answer.
>>
>>143446562
She did look heavily medicated but i the scans i read didn't mention medication directly
>>
I don't remember but wasn't there a final chapter that showed that she really was seeing shit?
>>
>>143446470
In the final chapter we get her perspective or the world and the whole catalyst of the series moment with MC stealing the gym clothes.
Everything looks fucking terrifying except MC so I guess we learn that he was the only thing she saw as good.
As for mental illness I don't know if it was ever flat out stated. But she clearly didn't have a stable understanding. And I feel the story was that people like her bring others down to her level
>>
>>143446782
>>143446880
Yes i read the final chapter as well but i'm not sure how metaphorical it was. I was just wondering if the author ever talked about this outside the actual manga, schizophrenia seems to fit her condition pretty well.
>>
>>143446674
My bad, I checked the last 5-6 chapters or so, no mention of medicine or anything at all. I guess one need to understand baudelaire and calling out shiteaters many times daily.

She wants kasuga's dick but her edginess wont let her do it since its a shiteater's nature to do just that (love and shit). and she despise shiteaters the most, probably and brain problems.
>>
>>143447113
That's harsh, like i said it did contain copious fucking amounts of teen angst but i always appreciate when a manga tries to portray something new or in its own way.

Not that new is always better mind you, i don't know what the fuck they were thinking with the anime.
>>
>>143447113
What did they change shiteaters to in the official translation? I bought them, but never actually read past Volume 1 of it. I just remember they changed it to something stupid like dung bugs or shit bugs.

And is anyone else reading Inside Mari or Happiness? Happiness has some really nice art going for it.
>>
>>143447470
They changed it to shitbugs, pretty dumb but it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>143447386
I like the anime, dope sound design, class vandalism scene was top tier, great voice acting and that fucking montage at the ending. Hell, I gonna say I enjoyed the rotoscope and the real faces.

>>143447470
I think the japanese word was kuso mushi, so shit bug/dung bug works too probably. A tame translation seeing it was her anthem of sort. Yeah, those 2 are going well for me so far. Mari seems a lot more crazier than this one in terms of brain problems and happiness action parts while not flashy, it kinda works.
>>
>>143447574
>kusomushi
You want literal translations, you get literal translations
>>
>>143447706
Its because kusomushi was an important word for Oshimi because the irl Nakamura he meet call him like that.
>>
>>143447470
That last Mari chapter was slower than usual, maybe a forced try for entend the series. And Happiness usually delivers, not as slow as AnH or Mari.
Honestly I swallow anything Oshimi dumps.

>>143447650
>class vandalism scene was top tier
that was my favorite chapter from that year.
>>
>>143448360
Mari is so hard to follow though
>>
The ending reminded me of Saya no Uta.
>>
>>143446470
i would have enjoyed the ending where they both killed themselves sucessfully
>>
>>
>>143446562
>>143446674
Taking meds != being mentally ill though, just misunderstood
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.