[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BOKU NO HERO X ONE PUNCH MAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20
so whats the better manga?
both have similar themes but they're executed on two completely different ways
tell me your opinion, /a/
>>
File: dawn_by_side34-d8usj3w.png (1 MB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
dawn_by_side34-d8usj3w.png
1 MB, 1200x849
one thing's for sure, boku no hero has the better girls
>>
shitty shit shit shitty garbage both
>>
>>143390639
care to elaborate?
>>
File: Tsuyu_Asui_Cuerpo_Anime.png (74 KB, 178x428) Image search: [Google]
Tsuyu_Asui_Cuerpo_Anime.png
74 KB, 178x428
>>
>>143390604
I only watched BNH because of All Might, the MC is so fuckin whiny (even in your pic he looks like hes about to start crying) and the side characters are really forgettable.
>>
>>143390917
and what about opm?
>>
File: fubuki vol 9.png (2 MB, 1360x2140) Image search: [Google]
fubuki vol 9.png
2 MB, 1360x2140
>>143390624
>>143390800
yet none of em can compete with fubuki alone
>>
>>143390604
academia is shit
the kind of shit that has nothing of value to remember
while on the other hand WB and Fox are fighting for the opm live action rights like it could compete with the marvel cinematic universe
>>
Tecnically, Boku no Hero Academia because One Punch Man moves at a snail pace.
>>
>>143391330
>fubuki
>not tatsumaki
i'm disappointed, famalam.
>>
>>143390604
also,i really don't know why they bothered to make a second season
anyone with common sense would know that making a second season for a show that flopped as bad as academia should not be renewed
>>
>>143391622
oh?
is that so?
then tell me,what exactly was the first season of academia?
>>
File: config19-4.jpg (20 KB, 700x494) Image search: [Google]
config19-4.jpg
20 KB, 700x494
>>143391330
>implying fubuki can compete with this
>>
>>143391833
Four hands?!
>>
>>143391730
He talks about the manga, retard. Murata is slow as fuck and has been especially slow after the anime finished.
>>
>>143391688
>>143391730
>giving a shit about the anime
kys
>>
>>143391884
quality over quanity

>>143391927
i said anime because the thing its adapting is shitty and everyone knows it
why do you think only people who force themselves to like it ever praise it?
>>
>>143391867
for four times the enjoyment!
>>
>>143390604
One is a satire manga
One is a battle manga

How can you compare this?
>>
>>143392195
one is good the other is shit(the shit one is academia)
>>
>>143391688
>>143391981
Stop typing like a retard.
>>
>>143390604
As an anime only fag I have to say its OPM by a good margin. I like BnHA but its nothing new in a lot of ways. OPM did have a lot of tropes but it managed them in a much more original manner and I find Saitama a much more pleasant MC than Midoriya the mega cry baby beta self insert. I honestly figured the one punch gimmick would get old quick but I was surprised to see how fun it was throughout the first season. I couldn't wait for him to smash the Deep Sea King, probably the most satisfying one after that villain crushed so many other heroes.

Even if you like Midoriya's character you basically have a better, less crybaby and ass pull version in OPM with Mumen Rider.
>>
>>143391688
>also,i really don't know why they bothered to make a second season

It's not a second season, it's split-cour in combination with Bones being retards who like to call their pre-planned 2nd cour a 2nd season. Which should not be allowed!

Do you know that you have to be 18 or older in order to post here?
>>
>>143392343
That's a good point. I've had a lot of fun reading BNH but it's just the same story we all have seen already.
thanks for sharing your opinion
>>
>>143392252
oh forgot another thing
academia fags never have a counter argument
they always insult you instead or atleast try to.
meaning they also know that the manga is shit but they read it anyway

>>143392624
boy,you academia fags sure don't got any arguments
>>
>>143390604
Themes are not topics
>>
>>143392742
>it's just the same story we all have seen already
Novelty isn't the only way to measure quality. I've seen way more innovative works that were pure crap.
>>
Anyone else lost interested in Hero Academia because they introduced so many heroes and expected us to sympathize with all of them?
One of the reason I like OPM so much is that the joke being all the countless hero are just weak jobbers when compared to Saitama.
>>
File: ochako.png (42 KB, 300x540) Image search: [Google]
ochako.png
42 KB, 300x540
>>143391330
can, have, has.
>>
>>143393096
Only the S class matters at all and even then some of them are still jobbers.
>>
>read BHA
>obligatory training arc, tournament arc
>all those irrelevant side characters that the author forces us to care by adding flashback backstory mid fight
dropped this piece of shit harder than AssClass
>>
>>143393176
>academy setting
>training arc
Holy fucking SHIT how did we ever see it coming?
>>
File: inoue-orihime.png (552 KB, 670x1655) Image search: [Google]
inoue-orihime.png
552 KB, 670x1655
>>143393135
For some reason she reminds me of Orihime.
>>
>>143393043
That's true. But don't forget i'm comparing it to OPM, which has just enough original content to not be previsible (unlike BNH) and it's a great manga overall
>>
>>143390604
fuck you I like both.
>>
>>143393176
>training arc
>in a school
>is obviously shafted for the sake of plot
>meanwhile Deku's actual training arcs happened in one chapter each
Also, you're not forced to care about people. The flashbacks are there to keep the themes moving; fake heroes, real heroes, defeat, victory, etc.
>>143393273
And comparing it by novelty is bad. Kids don't care about that, they care about how fun it is. If the scenes are hyped, if the plot is coherent, if it looks cool...
Fanart of Superman doesn't live on purely by virtue of nostalgia, for instance.
>>
>>143393273
previsive*
please don't deport me
>>
>>143390604
So the 2 worst fanbases on /a/ have finally found together.
Thanks, reddit.
>>
>>143393135
hm,you need to get your head checked with a doctor cause that is ugly compared to fubuki
>>
>>143393343
>And comparing it by novelty is bad. Kids don't care about that
Well I'm not a kid, so I do care about novelty
>>
>>143393343
>And comparing it by novelty is bad.
Why? Novelty is one aspect of a series. Its not the end all be all of course but a novel series that's also executed well is quite refreshing to watch or read. OPm has that novelty factor while also being well executed whereas BnHA is more predictable.
>>
>>143390604
>similar themes
>implying
>>
>>143393567
How is a strong guy who saves the day something novel? That's the story of every superhero story and of one of the oldest ones, Superman.
>>
>>143393511
And you're not the target demographic either.
Values like accuracy are of little importance in Shounen Jump, while they're appreciated in Black Lagoon or Golgo 13.
Furthermore, they're not even that important compared to pacing and story-telling, which takes me to another point:
BnHA is very damn novel if you care to look past the Wikipedia description. The villain is stupid and childish, one sub-villain was in fact completely relatable, the big bad was defeated already yet the catastrophe has yet to begin, the main hero is THE CHOSEN ONE but his superpower isn't some hax bullshit like icyhot and most of the time he's gotten shit done it's required thorough planning.
The MC is a crybaby (a common trope now) but he works hard and doesn't get stuck in the CRAWLING. The rival is depicted as unstable, but not evil, and . I'm sure you can come up with more if you care to try.
>>
>>143393759
The way it executed is novel. OPM took the most predictable aspect of an action shounen, MC-kun defeats the bad guy, and just shaved all the fat out of it by making him win with one punch which completely changes the type of hero he is. What is a deep struggle to other MC is just a mundane outing for him allowing for a completely different character to center the story around.

>>143393850
Its not that BnHA is completely unoriginal but you have to admit Midoriya is much closer to the standard archetype than Saitama.
>>
File: 1466267201599.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1466267201599.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>Season 2
>Deku explosion Surfing
>Baku going Insane during cavalry
>Mindfuck
>Deku vs Todo
>Iida going Nuclear
>Cowabunga
>Gran Torino
>Endeavor
>>
>>143393928
Oh absolutely. The Academia game is to play the premise and the tropes straight and then force it into a more realistic development.
>>
>>143393135
spoiler that shit nigga
>>
>>143394220
nothing special compared to whats to come in season 2 of opm
>>
>>143394244
Which isn't exactly original either.

But it doesn't matter. BnH has got nice character, good action and a well developed story, it's solid and entertaining for sure, which is what is the most important.

Though when it comes to realism, I gotta give him one more point for making Deku's mom so perfect, this kind of stuffs pretty much never happens for that genre.
>>
File: 1454711793230.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454711793230.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>143390604
I'm laughing at "similar themes", anon.

Please, tell me, what's similar between the two, besides "both are superhero mangas"?

OPM is vastly different than MHA - they tackle different issues. MHA is just another shonen with us following the kid when he slowly tries to fill the shoes he's given. OPM is about a burned out god who's looking for a challenge and is quite boring and normal in a very weird world, where a lot of characters overpower him in terms of coolness or even time we spent with them in the manga. It almost always seems like everyone has a much cooler life than Saitama, just because they're not undefeated gods.

So please, elaborate what's similar between the two.
>>
OPM by mile.

BnHA was fresh in its beginning but it lost steam and the fanbase is absolute cancer.
>>
>>143394220
I'm really looking forward to ochako vs bakugou as well
>>
>>143394405
Season 2 won' be that good though, most of it will be the new content besides King's, Fubuki's and Garou's appearances.
>>
>>143394462
> lost steam

How the hell can you say that when the fight against All for One was one if not the best part of the series.
>>
>>143394416
>BnH has got nice character
Who? Deku? Deku's a little shit, and all of the others characters combined don't get half his screentime, so they don't matter.

>good action
Literally just "Punch harder boy" "Holy shit he actually did it, he punched harder". Can't have nice action when the guy doing 80% of the fight has boring as fuck powers.

>and a well developed story
That's actually a lie, since the story pretty always boils down to "the villains catches up to the heroes and then Deku get his arm broke". And since the cast is underdeveloped and the villains mostly act like various versions of the Joker it's a lie to call it "developped".
>>
>>143394486
dude even that is more entertaining than the entirety of whats to come in season 2 of academia

besides,they probably will do season 2 once the garou arc finishes
>>
>>143394532
Immediatly ruined by All Might surviving, killing any tension you could feel for any other character in the rest of the manga.

That fight was hype as hell yeah, but the arc leading to it and the arc before that were just shit.
>>
>>143394581
Is this BnH's "OPM is just about one joke" bait equivalent?
>>
>>143394635
>Season 2
>Garo arc finished

In what world do you live? In my world Murata just started a new manga about cooking shit and won't finish Garou in the next 5 years.
>>
>>143394677
murata only gonna do covers for that manga
some anon translated the text on the manga page confirming it
>>
>>143394644
> It's a "BnHA calls any post they don't like bait and report it" thread
>>
>>143390604
They aren't really that similar. One is a parody of superheroes and the shounen genre, and the other is a typical battle shounen.
>>
>>143394641
>Immediatly ruined by All Might surviving

That was exactly the point though. All might ruined himself a glorious death by surviving, Sensei himself pointed that.
>>
>>143394644
no,for opm it was bait but for academia its the truth
>>
>>143394793
So? Going full meta and aknowledging through AfO that All Might missed his time to die doesn't magically remove the fact that the ending of the fight sucked in comparison of aAll Might dying.

It's just the author/the editor caving in and keeping him alive due to popularity, and I think that's sad.
>>
>>143394735
That's still too much. He also "only" did covers and illustrations for a Street Fighter LN, the result was he released 4 chapters of OPM with 10 pages each, in 4 months.
They should just do ONE's version for a second season, because Murata will never be finished with it and the filler tournament shit can go into the garbage.
>>
>>143394902
His buff form is dead, that's most of his character going away here.
>>
Comparing it to the webcomic is night and day

If you think ONE's writing isn't far better then you're likely a clueless kid who hasn't read much. Despite having little drawing ability his paneling is fantastic and it really shines later on.

Murata's manga is a good adaption as well though it's been going off the rails lately.
>>
File: Orihime.jpg (566 KB, 1306x2031) Image search: [Google]
Orihime.jpg
566 KB, 1306x2031
>>143393236
I'm going to marry Orihime!
>>
>>143394949
Yeah, and he's probably going to have a supportive role in the story from now on, but I still think it would've been a better end for his character against AfO.

But the moment the chapter dropped BnHAfags compeltely bend over and started praising that shit because All Might dying would've been too "cliché", and therefore bad.
>>
>>143394919
oh sorry forgot to mention
i meant only chapter covers or titles in the start of the chapter
not like street fighter with many illustrations
>>
File: Emi smokin the ganja.jpg (157 KB, 703x600) Image search: [Google]
Emi smokin the ganja.jpg
157 KB, 703x600
>>143394220
>Animeonly fags stop bitching about Deku not being able to control his power.
>All dose mini arcs.
>Maybe some cute SoL filler of classroom antics?
>>
>>143394641
>All Might surviving
He died though. Toshinori survived but All Might is dead.
>>
>>143394581
>little shit
he's gotten ballsier by the chapter and it's still going
>punch harder
He fought with Bakugou without using the power, threw a ball with a finger in order not to fuck himself up, used maneuvers to avoid and feint against Stain, and in the last two arcs he also strategized and played messenger (along with the usual punch harder stuff)
>story
Most stories can be boiled down to stupid crap. Hercules is the dude who was really strong and had to do some chores, then died. Ulyses is a dude who made a wooden horse to get in a city and kill people. So far we've seen a society that is changing because the scales of evil and good are being toppled by various incidents, we've seen how they tie to the main story, their consequences, and how the main characters react to those. Way more developed than the first 100 chapters of One Piece.
>>
>>143394919
The tournament isn't really long for now (and will clearly be stopped very soon, Saitama one shotting the second main martial artist is too much) it feels more like filler (while the MA attacking everything is the main story) to get Saitama out of the action. in Anime it won't last much longer than one episode. Problem is Murata slowing down so much exactly at this moment.

That tournament and whole new content added would have been fine as weekly, but holy shit it just becomes frustrating at Murata's pace.
I can think of other series like Prison School that are expanding a fuck ton the story, but it still works for me because it's weekly, and because I don't know what will happen next. Meanwhile OPM have the godly MA arc that we were supposed to get one year ago.
>>
>>143395135
Toshinori is All Might anon, I'm not sure how you could have missed that, he doesn't particulary make effort to hide his secret identity to the reader. Are you okay?
>>
>>143395190
>what is a metaphore
>lmao symbol of pieces
>>
>>143395190
He's basically comparing it to The Dark Knight Rises ending where Batman "dies" but Bruce Wayne lives on. Which is a fair comparison imo.
>>
They're both good in their own realms.
>>
>>143394458
Not OP, but I felt like the similar theme was, "What does it mean to be a hero?"

Stain and Garou are similar in the sense that they find the current hero society to be flawed and want to correct it.
>>
>>143395190
>not understanding metaphors
Are you the one that is okay? The symbol that is All Might is dead.
>>
My Hero Academia is a very generic battle-shonen, but it is done better than most other big ones. That's the general conscience. OPM does something more unique, in a somewhat comparable world.
>>
>>143395148
>he's gotten ballsier by the chapter and it's still going
Really? Chapter 1:
>Rush to fight a villain he has no chance of defeating to save a friend
Chapter Idunno :
>Rush to fight a villain he has no chance of defeating to save a friend
What's the evolution?

>He fought with Bakugou without using the power, threw a ball with a finger in order not to fuck himself up, used maneuvers to avoid and feint against Stain, and in the last two arcs he also strategized and played messenger (along with the usual punch harder stuff)
Yawn.

>Most stories can be boiled down to stupid crap
You have to work more or less hard to do that. And you don't have to dig far for BnHA. Why the fuck are you citing greek mythology for? How seriously do you take yourself?

> So far we've seen a society that is changing because the scales of evil and good are being toppled by various incidents
Oh, really? Care to show me the chapter detailing the change of societies? Or do you consider "three lines of texts over a drawing of a building" to be the way the author convey deep societal changes?

>we've seen how they tie to the main story, their consequences, and how the main characters react to those
Blah blah blah. You're talking like it's something praiseworthy. But it can be summarised as
>Stuff happens
>We see how the characters react to it! WOW! So good!
I'm going to bet most stories featuring a character also do that. I'm not sure why you bring that up.

It seem your entire argument revolve about sounding pretentious and explaining extremely simple things as if they're notable qualities.
>>
File: MAGA Hanako.png (484 KB, 601x1000) Image search: [Google]
MAGA Hanako.png
484 KB, 601x1000
>>143395407
But he beat the fuck out of Stain.
And he beat the fuck out of musclefag.
And he beat sense into Todoroko
And you're just a baiting shitposter.
>>
>>143395407
Ok bub
>>
>>143390604
>both have similar themes
You are confusing themes and setting.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>143395452
>>143395467
>Doesn't actually answer my point
>Passive-aggressively quote my post like it's Reddit and they want to gain karma

Oh yeah, I'm the shitposter for taking the time to quote the post the guy wrote to answer me, because fuck having a discussion with people who you don't agree with.
>>
File: 1450201119167.png (48 KB, 166x238) Image search: [Google]
1450201119167.png
48 KB, 166x238
OPM obviously.

>>143395293
>Stain and Garou are similar
They aren't at all. Garou literally treated heros like training dummies on his way to world domination. He didn't give a shit about "correcting" them, he wanted to scare them all off and nearly succeeded.
>>
>>143393176
Fag
>>
>>143395618
Not this guy but similar doesn't means the same. It's in the ideology of wanting to change a hero society (while doing it wrong), and also being a rogue as in still seeing villains/monsters as your enemies.
>>
I like both of them a ton but i'm going to have to go with My Hero Academia

in OPM everyone's a huge dick to everyone else
or it's just a reaction shot to our caped baldy kicking something's ass in.....a small quantity of hits although the same could be said about All Might but he changes over the course of the series

I find there is very little character change in OPM, not none but very little
>>
File: Headbanging Izuku.gif (295 KB, 428x418) Image search: [Google]
Headbanging Izuku.gif
295 KB, 428x418
>>143395618
When the fuck did Garou ever talk about conquering the world? He literally became a villain because he was bullied as a kid like Deku and was always forced to be the monster while the cool kid got to be the hero and beat him up. Fuck Shigaraki and Garou both raise the same point of 'violence ok when it's done by heroes'. And both BnHA and OPM take hero-ing and 'justice' to an entertainment level with tv-shows, cameos, interviews, etc.

OPM and BnHA are different sides of the same coin. Though OPM also has the added quirk of having an near-omnipotent being in Saitama.
>>
>>143393176
>training
well some characters can't just start off badass
>irrelevant side characters
at least we get to know them
*cough* tank tops *cough*
>>
>>143395619
test
>>
>>143395293
OP here. You nailed it, anon.
Thanks for not being retarded
>>
File: bnha-final-fight.jpg (713 KB, 600x3392) Image search: [Google]
bnha-final-fight.jpg
713 KB, 600x3392
>>143390604
OPM actually has deep themes, unlike bnha that it's only "Muh heroes are cool" and just steal ideas from other manga.
>>
>>143391688

>for a show that flopped as bad as academia

Nice meme.
>>
>>143391927
>kys
Fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1451603934986.jpg (61 KB, 614x718) Image search: [Google]
1451603934986.jpg
61 KB, 614x718
>>143395707
>Not this guy but similar doesn't means the same.
They're completely fucking different, Jesus Christ. One kills, the other refuses. One is nuts about muh hero ideals, the other just steps over heroes to grind exp and achieve his own goal. One has a following, the other is an outcast in all departments, etc, etc, etc.

The only similarity is their nicknames.

>>143395791
>When the fuck did Garou ever talk about conquering the world?
Are you retarded? "I will plunge the world into terror. New order, peace blah blah blah.", faggot. Fucking bnhafags. Learn to read.
>>
>>143395407
>What's the evolution?
Chapter 1 he was crying and about to fucking faint.
Last arc, he calmly formulated a plan that would minimize risks in order to infiltrate a warzone and save a friend mid-combat, and managed to direct a group.
Sure as fuck, he was scared. But so were all of them, and he still performed better than anyone in there.

>yawn
Not my fault you don't like it.

I'm citing greek mythology to prove that the greatest things can be boiled down to stupid premises, and this is not a work of art, so of course it will be obvious.

I bring up the "stuff happens" because many manga still manage not to do it. That's why plotholes exist. For instance, Gantz introduced vampires and then forgot they existed. "stuff happens" seems to be easy to you because you haven't actually read bad manga.
>>
>>143396167

>One is nuts about muh hero ideals, the other just steps over heroes to grind exp and achieve his own goal

Did you miss the end of the Garou fight where he shows that he was the most ideallistic about heroes?

In the end both are doing roughly the same thing: improve society by scaring off the current hero institution, one by murder so only the true heroes remain, the other through beatdowns so everyone unites against him.
>>
Despite OPM being a parody series, I feel it's more original than MHA.
>>
>>143396218
>Last arc, he calmly formulated a plan that would minimize risks in order to infiltrate a warzone and save a friend mid-combat
Oh yeah, I recall the last arc, this is the one where he was too egostical to let the pros do their jobs, right? This is also the one where he tried to sacrifice all his friends and kill himself by jumping in front of AfO for no reason too, right? I admit, that's some evolution.

>Gantz introduced vampires and then forgot they existed
And BnHA introduced Deku's hand then arm being fucked up and then forgot it existed too, so you're trying to tell me BnHA is a bad manga?
>>
One Punch Man. Boku no Hero is generic terrible garbage. The first two episodes were good though.
>>
File: T8N9HVQ.jpg (197 KB, 1024x718) Image search: [Google]
T8N9HVQ.jpg
197 KB, 1024x718
>>143393135
>>
This is definitely a bait thread since your asking to qyantify something that is entirely subjective by asking which series is better. Regardless of this thread havinh a shit OP, It's difficult to compare them because they're both cool to hate on due to being popular. You probably won't get a lot of cohesive arguments due to one being shounen and the other being a parody of the superhero genre. That being said, I prefer BnHA due to its regular release schedule and because it takes itself much more seriously that OPM. OPM definitely nails it's art and comedy, which it should as an action comedy, but I don't really take any of the plot too seriously because it all boils down to Saitama showing up to perform his eponymous action. Bnha does a better job at telling a story; even if it's filled with common shounen tropes it holds my attention and keeps me excited for the next chapter better than OPM.
>>
>>143396333
>this is the one where he was too egostical to let the pros do their jobs, right?
You mean a university student stepping up to do what everyone else is too busy to do? Every hero was shown doing something else. Giant girl was wasted already, the cat dude was rescuing civilians because he couldn't go into the fight and rescue a prime target who was under heavy fire, and the rest were useless.

>This is also the one where he tried to sacrifice all his friends and kill himself by jumping in front of AfO for no reason too, right?
Where the fuck does that happen? He specifically made use of Allmight fighting AfO. Had they not been fighting, the plan would be impossible and he'd have retreated.
Way better than jumping on his own and getting fucking smashed because his arms are fucked. His decision might seem dumb to you because you're not a hero, but you have to admit it was the absolute best course of action; he took the powerhouses that had the best chance of survival and made a flashy entrance that let the other two escape sneakily.

As for Deku's arms, they've been getting worse; just because they're still mobile doesn't mean they're well. Recovery Girl is the only reason he still has arms and the manga has been very specific with this.
>>
>>143390604
Who cares? They're both shounen shit that don't need too much of analyzing which one's the best
>>
>>143396566
I have no idea of who you're referring to as "the cat dude", sorry, we're both talking about the Kacchan rescue arc, right? How were all the other heroes busies?

>Where the fuck does that happen?
Selective memory, I see.

>As for Deku's arms, they've been getting worse; just because they're still mobile doesn't mean they're well. Recovery Girl is the only reason he still has arms and the manga has been very specific with this.
Doesn't really matter if there's no consequences for it in the story now, does it? As long as Deku acts exactly the same as he would act if his arms were perfectly healed everytime, then the whole plot point is just filler shit.
>>
>>143393135
Maybe in 20 years she'll be a decent milf but right now she is just thicker version of may from pokemon
>>
>>143393135
>art makes her look like a cute blonde
>is canonically a brunette
Why?
>>
>>143396273
Did you skip over the whole arc, faggot? Garou only wanted to prove that heroes are useless pieces of shit and don't always win, that he, as a monster, can do better. His way of "improving society" via spooky-boogying it is NOTHING like Stain's way of selective purging, lecturing and searching for some ideal hero that doesn't fucking exist.

For the last time, they're completely different.
>>
>>143396670
>Selective memory
I just explained why you're misinterpreting the action. He absolutely did not "sacrifice his friends", it was the exact opposite.

http://bato.to/reader#5814e102f277f5e1_10
Woods saving wasted heroes, Cat dude saving civilians. This is all happening after Deku's plan because Woods, Endeavor and the other heroes were busy dealing with the Noumus and then ran to OfA, a few kilometers away.

And he's not acting exactly the same, that's the point of the strategy: of course he's always going to try and save people, except this time he didn't berserk his way through and trusted his friends. All he did was hold Kirishima and run.
>>
>>143390734
Of course he doesn't
>>
>>143390917
>MC is so fuckin whiny
Does this get better? I assume him slowly becoming less of a crybaby is part of his development. I just would prefer it didn't take forever to happen. Because at the moment he has tears in his eyes 90% of the time he is on screen.
>>
>>143397110
It does get better. Anyone who says otherwise is a secondary or a shitposter.
>>
>>143397110
He goes from Shinji with super powers to the absolute madman.
>>
>>143397165
>>143397264
Thats good to hear. I enjoyed the anime, but Deku constantly crying about everything got old real quick.
>>
>>143394220
>Deku explosion surfing
Meh
>Baku going insane during cavalry
fine, Baku vs Ochako or Todoroki is better though.
>Mindfuck
I just couldn't care about him, his fight was so cliche and everything he did/said was so cliche.
Also the way Deku won was a huge asspull.
>Deku vs Todo
Literally Deku talking no jutsu Todoroki, so fucking shit.
>Iida going nuclear
for 2 chapters and he gets his ass kicked.
>Cowabunga
Retarded villain that tries to justify being retarded. Deku asspulls again.
>Gran Torino
Irrelevant really
>Endeavor
He's just there to give Zuko a dark past.
>>
>>143397289
Breaking your bones hurts a lot, when I was a kid I broke my knee in three parts and still hurt when it's too cold.
>>
>>143397289
Anon, he's still traumatized from basically being a cripple all his life. No one gets over it that quickly.
>>
>>143396980
>He absolutely did not "sacrifice his friends", it was the exact opposite.
Riiiiiight
>AfO destroyed a city block in one hit
>All of the students are hiding a few feet from him
>Deku wanted to jump out to reach Kacchan, revealing himself and his friends hiding spot to the most powerful villain in the world

Since I noticed fanboys gravitate toward the same excuses to justify anything retarded that Deku do, I'll go ahead and write them, just post the corresponding number

>1: It was the right thing to do
>2: He's a kid so he makes mistakes
>3: He's a hero so he has to try to save people
>4: He's not a hero yet so it's okay
>>
>>143396218
>Chapter 1 he was crying and about to fucking faint.
Yes
>Last arc, he calmly formulated a plan that would minimize risks in order to infiltrate a warzone and save a friend mid-combat, and managed to direct a group.

While about to faint, like in chapter 1.

>Sure as fuck, he was scared. But so were all of them, and he still performed better than anyone in there.
Bakugo was fighting 4(or was it 5?) villains at the same time right next to All Might and All for One, all while worried that he was holding All Might back and thinking of a plan to get out of there, noticing that he had little chances and other examinations.

If you think Deku performed better than everyone then you're retarded and delusional.
>>
>>143397338
>Breaking your bones hurts a lot, when I was a kid I broke my knee in three parts and still hurt when it's too cold.

He doesn't cry because of his bones, why do you keep posting this shit every thread? It won't make it true just because you post it over and over.

Deku cries because he's a crybaby, he cries when All Might is fine, he cries when he's saving someone, he cries when he hurts himself, he cries when he remembers the past, he cries he cires he cries.
>>
>>143397382
AfO was busy trying not to die to an ultra-fast, ultra-strong man. He was very dangerous but wasn't targetting them.
>post the corresponding number
>implying any of those is wrong
>>143397436
The first time he was up against a shitter, the second time he was up against the strongest villain in Japan and still did more. Sure, he's not saving hundreds, but that's a lot of improvement.
And I was saying he performed better than any of the others in his group, sorry I wasn't clear on that. Bakugou is definitely a beast.
>>
>>143397506
You cry more than Deku, grow some balls.
>>
>>143397553
>AfO was busy trying not to die to an ultra-fast, ultra-strong man. He was very dangerous but wasn't targetting them.
Oh wow, you're way off, I'm talking of the chapter before All Might caught up but after Kacchan was teleported.
>>
>>143397506
Why do people get so upset about characters crying? Even if he does cry for stuff other than broken bones, so what? He's a teenager that is repeatedly put in high stress situations where his own life and the lives of his friends are put in danger, he has a right to cry from time to time. It's not like he does it every chapter.

>inb4 hurt durr I wouldn't cry
I bet you're one of those fags who doesn't get why Shinji is reluctant to pilot Unit 01
>>
>>143390604
One Punch Man is intended to be a gag comedy. The other is supposed to be a more serious superhero series.

It would be like trying to decide which is better - Slayers or Record of the Lodoss War.
>>
Media 1: Shounen School Battle Manga where MC gets super absurd power and has to learn to control it

Media 2: Seinen Gag Battle Manga where MC is stupidly OP and the story is more about the world around him.
>>
>>143396425
>>143393135
Does Deku fuck her or what?
>>
>>143398167
>shounen protagonist
>fucking anyone
ha, good one.
>>
>>143398262
You don't know what shonen means.
>>
>>143398262
Goku fucked ChiChi twice, Jonathan fucked Erina, Jotaro fucked Jolyne's mom.
>>
>>143398362
Ok i guess it does happen in shounen with a long passage of time.
>>
>>143392195
>One is a satire manga
An affectionate parody. Satire implies mean spirited humor. And it does have actual world building, plot threads, character arcs, and several dramatic scenes throughout the series. I don't know why some say the series as a whole is parodical when there can long periods the story without a gag.
>>
File: Image_101.png (497 KB, 675x1034) Image search: [Google]
Image_101.png
497 KB, 675x1034
>>143397855
>gag comedy. The other is supposed to be a more serious superhero series
OPM is also serious about the world Saitama exists in.
>>
File: 1458440701671.png (240 KB, 935x720) Image search: [Google]
1458440701671.png
240 KB, 935x720
>Over 100+ replies for a bait thread
You guys...
>>
File: 56774585_p1_master1200.jpg (509 KB, 858x1200) Image search: [Google]
56774585_p1_master1200.jpg
509 KB, 858x1200
>>143390604
Two words: There's bestest
Not the usual guy and I can't find the image for my life right now.
>>
Enjoy OPM more in both manga and anime.

However, BNH manga is great. Anime didn't impress me that much but I'll look forward to S2.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.