[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is nothing wrong with isekai. It is a wonderful premise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Haters gonna hate.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Haters gonna hate.gif
2 MB, 500x281
There is nothing wrong with isekai.

It is a wonderful premise that lends itself to a variety of interesting stories.

Some of the best anime in recent memory have been isekai.

You know I'm right, /a/. Just try and prove me wrong.
>>
you are right. It's silly how mad anons get about it.
>>
>tries to justify isekai not being garbage
>posts konosuba related gif
nice meme friendo :^)
>>
>>143321555
>tumblr gif

Lurk for 2 years before posting.
>>
>>143321555
This can't be true as long as Death March continues to exist and remains popular.
>>
>>143321653
>/a/ hates Konosuba now
What happened?
>>
>>143322050
>What happened?

Pretty sure it was just shit to begin with.
>>
>>143321555
>It is a wonderful premise that lends itself to a variety of interesting stories
Of course, that's why they all end up being masturbatory power fantasies set in DQ knockoff worlds with a side of harem, amirite?
>>
>>143322050
>/a/ is one person

Most people on /a/ love the shit out of Konosuba.
>>
>>143321555
It's a /v/irgins anime genre.
>>
>>143322828
/a/ only loves their seasonal waifu Megumeme, not Konosuba as a whole.
>>
>>143322900
You're wrong though
>>
>>143321555
>Some of the best anime in recent memory have been isekai.
Some great older anime has been isekai too.

>Spirited Away
>Haibane Renmei

It's a great way to kick off a story.
>>
>>143323065
Haibane Renmei is shit, I'll never understand /a/'s fascination with it.
>>
>>143322900
>multiple threads at almost any given moment while it was airing, usually with a large amount of posts in each
>The OVA has already spawned multiple threads, which have been hitting the bump limit

Sure, there's plenty of Megumin posting, but the show itself has gotten plenty of love. I know it was my AOTS.
>>
I like how you retards think Konosuba is any better than the isekai trash like SAO you hate oh so much.
>>
>>143323284
Don't think you've actually watched both then anon.
>>
File: mushoku tensei 3.png (695 KB, 984x1400) Image search: [Google]
mushoku tensei 3.png
695 KB, 984x1400
Will there ever be a better isekai MC than Rudeus Greyrat?
>>
>>143323284
>SAO
>isekai
Spotted the retard.
>>
>>143323378
>muh retard misunderstanding to stop Eris from winning the harembowl too early
>muh afterthought third marriage with zero buildup to hastily add Eris to the harem
MT author a hack.
>>
>>143322900
Dubs doesn't speak the truth.
>>
>>143323140
>I'll never understand /a/'s fascination with Haibane Renmei.
Part of what made Haibane Renmei so fantastic was the way it took the development from its first SOL arc and used it to fuel drama in a way that came across as something incredibly natural and easy to relate to (dealing with the loss of a friend, on the one hand, and overcoming spirals of guilt, on the other). It's rare to see a series go through such a rapid tonal shift without breaking immersion at all, and the way it was paced meant that the drama came across as a breath of fresh air - it happened just as the series looked like it was going to start to get boring.
>>
>>143322050
People like Konosuba because it makes fun of isekai
>>
The thing that puts me off most Isekai is that the protagonist is almost always a "loser" otaku in their previous life and their RPG knowledge comes in handy somehow.
I would like it if they added more, like despite being in a different world they're still plagued by their social anxiety, bothered by memories in the world before, they want to go back for convenience, etc.
Or you know, make the protagonist a normal or even successful person instead of a "loser".
>>
>>143321555
You're right
>>
>>143323346
>People with different opinions on /a/? No way!
>>143323410
Neck yourself you fucking idiot. Then what is SAO then? A "MMO anime"? It's the same exact type of shit as isekai. It's about being transported into a different Universe typically in a fantasy like setting with swords and magic. IT'S THE SAME SHIT.
>>
>>143323486
>>143323486
>afterthought third marriage

You've become effeminate haven't you?
>>
The problem with Isekai are the writers

Give me Isekai about a guy pulled into the magical version of the hundreds year war

Give me Isekai about a classroom of kids being dragged into a fantasy world only to all grow horns plus cheat powers and declared to be the new Demon Lord (teacher) and it's generals and actually going through with it

Give me Isekai about a family of 4 getting pulled into a fantasy world and doing comfy merchant things

Give me Isekai about a fantasy obsessed nerd getting dragged into a fantasy world and be utterly incapable of magic so he revolutionizes warfare by inventing basic front loaded rifles and other renaissance era machinery off general historic knowledge and the assistance of various smith's and engineers as a middle finger to all the people who get to cost through life off natural born talent
>>
>>143323566
That doesn't make it good you know.
>>
>>143323642
>Give me Isekai about a family of 4 getting pulled into a fantasy world and doing comfy merchant things
Huh, that's actually one of the ideas I once wrote in a 'write an anime plot' thread. Good taste anon.
>>
The real problem with isekai is that you it's hard to find any fantasy anime/manga that doesn't involve some stupid bullshit about a teenage otaku being transported into a fantasy universe nowadays. It's disgusting how prevalent it is.
>>
>>143323642
>Give me Isekai about a fantasy obsessed nerd getting dragged into a fantasy world and be utterly incapable of magic so he revolutionizes warfare by inventing basic front loaded rifles and other renaissance era machinery off general historic knowledge and the assistance of various smith's and engineers
>average joe being able to recall gun mechanisms from memory or even recite the chemical formula for gunpowder and then create them from medieval metalworking tools
Love this meme.
>>
>>143323729
Straight fantasy anime are still very prevalent, they're just adapted from shit-tier mobage plots these days.

We get more regular fantasy anime each season than isekai anime, in fact. Get your numbers straight.
>>
>>143323730
>needing to recall the specifics for black powder and muskets

Yeah some random highschooler inventing assualt rifles after a week is stupid but as long as you've memorized the basic ingredients and how to get them making black powder is real easy after trial and error especially with the help of medieval chemists and smiths who can provide the proper tools for distilling piss soaked leaves and getting the good stuff from chicken shit.
>>
Sure there's nothing wrong with the premise itself but the nip writers throw all the potential down the drain every fucking time. They can't write for shit.
>>
>>143323730
serious why theres no anime about this?
>>
>>143323729
>>143323642
The problem with isekai is that
1. The most popular target audience are otaku, who want wish fulfillment story about a loser(real world) turned hero(isekai).
2. The writers are mostly the same as target audience, they do not have specialized knowledge about complicated things nor do they have enough life experience to make an interesting story, so they write what they know, otaku impresses harem with basic RPG knowledge.
>>
File: kumoko-chan.jpg (84 KB, 746x895) Image search: [Google]
kumoko-chan.jpg
84 KB, 746x895
>>143323608
Re:Monster MC was strong, successful, and popular in his previous life

Mushoku Tensei MC took five years to get over his anxiety, and he has such an inferiority complex that he mistakenly thought his girl dumped him when she went off to train, causing him to have ED for three years

Kumo-chan never gets over her social anxiety, and her life is a living hell for the first 200 chapters
>>
>>143323642
>Give me Isekai about a guy pulled into the magical version of the hundreds year war
Japan already shits out a ton of these for the Sengoku era, go ask Britain and France to write the equivalent.
>Give me Isekai about a classroom of kids being dragged into a fantasy world only to all grow horns plus cheat powers and declared to be the new Demon Lord (teacher) and it's generals and actually going through with it
All these disparate elements (class reincarnation, demon (lord) reincarnation) exist in vast quantities in shitty Narou fiction, pretty sure there exists a few that combine them all
>Give me Isekai about a family of 4 getting pulled into a fantasy world and doing comfy merchant things
SoL isekai is incredibly boring and trash.
>Give me Isekai about a fantasy obsessed nerd getting dragged into a fantasy world and be utterly incapable of magic so he revolutionizes warfare by inventing basic front loaded rifles and other renaissance era machinery off general historic knowledge and the assistance of various smith's and engineers as a middle finger to all the people who get to cost through life off natural born talent
This already happens way too often and it's less cool than you think.
>>
>>143323556
I can't agree with that at all. I've never understood people describing it as SOL, it's very dramatic from the get go and the early episodes are more of a matter of mystery than anything else, as the MC was learning about this new world and her circumstances in it. The shift in tone was a natural evolution, sure, but only insofar as it being a drama story reaching toward a dramatic conclusion, not some totally innocent SOL show becoming something more dark.
>>
>>143322900
bullshit
>>
>>143323821
Because most authors make the MC keep his shiny Sig Sauers and Desert Eagles after he constructs them (with magic, conveniently) to himself as his personal OP cheat skill rather than distribute them.
>>
>>143321555
>One of the best anime in recent memory was isekai.
Fixed
There has been one good isekai anime ever, and it was Show By Rock, and it aired last year which is recent memory.
>>
Why do isekai stories insist on the protagonist in keeping their memories from the previous world when the previous world is completely irrelevant?
>>
>>143324011
Because otherwise what's the point of it being isekai? It might as well just be an amnesiac protag.
>>
>>143323887
>implying there are a ton of stories about getting dropped into any kind of medieval fantasy pre-industrial war

>implying any of those put the MC in a legitimate subservient role or have multiple main characters

>implying mc making magic assault rifles and rail guns to shoot stuff with is the same as an entire series about some crazy guy on the edge of town pissing on hay trying to make explosions who's only friend is a a crazy old smith that believes in the explosions

opinions on SoL is subjective
>>
>>143323809
Yeah, because medieval chemists are just guaranteed to have saltpeter and sulfur lying around for some odd foreigner kid to play around with.
>>
>>143321555
I want to worship Aqua's armpits
>>
>>143323809
>but as long as you've memorized the basic ingredients and how to get them making black powder

Right, but most people, especially otaku, don't do this.

What I like about Isekai Tensei Soudouki is that one of the MC's personas was a studious guy who read wikipedia as a hobby
>>
File: 1465312241640.png (165 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1465312241640.png
165 KB, 303x311
9/10 times the isekai element is quickly dropped from relevance. What's the damn point of being from the present if you don't tell anyone about boiling their water?

Of course, the opposite also happens and it turns into lukewarm garbage like Gun Ota. A /k/ reconstructing a gun out of magic meme metal through memory? That's no better than SAO having millions of "pros" who have no idea how to play.

Literally the only point of "oh hey he's actually a loser just like (you)" is to cynically make readers identify with the blank slate main character.

If something's going to be fantasy, it should just be fantasy. Vanadis isn't an amazing story but at least the archer manlet isn't a roadkill NEET whose skills were gained from wii archery.
>>
>>143324067
>implying there are a ton of stories about getting dropped into any kind of medieval fantasy pre-industrial war
Are you daft? They exist by the truckload, especially ones set in the Three Kingdoms and Sengoku eras.
>>
>>143323613
>Neck yourself you fucking idiot. Then what is SAO then? A "MMO anime"? It's the same exact type of shit as isekai. It's about being transported into a different Universe typically in a fantasy like setting with swords and magic. IT'S THE SAME SHIT.

Guess that means all sports series are Isekai. After all you are transported into a giant stadium where despite hundreds of thousands of spectators none of them can interfere with your shitty handball or dive grass or apehoop. At best they boo you just like the fags that bitch on your stream, and throwing hotdogs and drinks when you're close to them isn't anywhere near as game breaking as some faggot DDOSing you.

What's next? Is Shokugeki no Soma an isekai now? Even Ramsay's TV shows didn't have such luxury settings.
>>
>>143324176
>9/10 times the isekai element is quickly dropped from relevance.

There must be a lot more than I thought, just off the top of my head popular ones like MT, Overlord, Shieldbro, and even more niche stuff like Youjo is all based on the MC using his previous life knowledge to get ahead.

I have no idea there were so many that cancelled the most important part of the genre.
>>
>>143321555
Isekai as a premise is fine. Problem is that in recent years, it has gotten too specific to become 'isekai featuring MC that is either otaku/NEET/hikki or some other implied loser type with tons of gaming references or mechanics throw in'.

It used to be that you have isekia featuring a quite a diverse type of characters so you actually do get a rather diverse range of stories. See: 12 Kingdoms, Escaflowne, Those Who Hunt Elves for example. Same basic premise but entirely different in mood and narrative style.
>>
>>143324067
If you went on Narou and looked for any of those I'm sure you would find thousands of results.

They're not exactly groundbreaking ideas.
>>
>>143324334
>entering a real life sports stadium is the same as being transferred into a virtual fantasy world
You cannot be THIS retarded holy fucking shit. I said "neck yourself" before as a casual kneejerk response, but this time I mean it.
>>
>>143324469
I remember reading an isekai story that sold its premise as a guy being reincarnated as a heroine in a dating sim.

Except it almost immediately completely dropped its premise and the setting became literally just Japan with zero quirks aside from an unusually high population of pretty people. Might as well just have been a straight reincarnation story without trying to claim the whole dating sim aspect.
>>
Dammit Japan where's my isekai MC becomes a turbo jew shopkeeper and jews the fuck of stupid adventurers.
>>
Even if you don't consider the first part of SAO to be isekai, Alicization is pretty much an isekai story down to a tee.

The MC dies.
Finds himself in an unfamiliar world of sword and sorcery with no idea how he got there.
Spends several years horsing around with his childhood friend trying to find another childhood friend and uncover the truth behind the world.
>>
>>143324776
>stuck in different world and is thus broke
>take Racettear plot and tweak it a little
voila!
>>
>>143324776
>Google isekai merchant
>get several hits
That wasn't hard was it?
>>
>>143322900
You are a bad lurker. Maybe actually read the threads?
>>
File: filename.gif (754 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
filename.gif
754 KB, 500x325
Posting in an Isekai thread.
>>
>>143324878
>>143324492
>>143324275

>be a know it all cunt
>still wrong about everything because reducing a subject to the most general terms possible while ignoring thematic and plot specific details will always artificially inflate results

Go shit on someone else's parade you might actually have some kind of point there
>>
It's better than the MMO shit, though it's very similar.
>>
>>143323642
>Give me Isekai about a classroom of kids being dragged into a fantasy world only to all grow horns plus cheat powers and declared to be the new Demon Lord (teacher) and it's generals and actually going through with it
Reincarnated as weakest skeleton

>Give me Isekai about a fantasy obsessed nerd getting dragged into a fantasy world and be utterly incapable of magic so he revolutionizes warfare by inventing basic front loaded rifles and other renaissance era machinery off general historic knowledge and the assistance of various smith's and engineers as a middle finger to all the people who get to cost through life off natural born talent
that reincarnated gun otaku novel.
>>
>>143325092
No shit you've never read a story with the "thematic and plot specific details" you've concocted in your mind, nothing's going to fit the fantasy you've created to the last detail.
>>
>>143324776
Isekai C-mart. Motherfucker buys a bag of salt and sells it 100000% of the original price. The translation is so fucking slow though.
>>
>>143321742
HOLY SHIT I FORGOT YOU GOT BANNED! AHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>143325112
MMO shit is a subgenre of isekai, numbnuts.

"virtual reality world" is also an "alternate world" (isekai)
>>
>>143325092
M8 I don't know what the fuck you're smoking but Oda Nobuna exists and that pretty much checks all the boxes aside from the specific Hundred Years War detail.
>>
>>143323642
I'll give you an isekai about getting NTR'd right in the second fucking chapter.
>>
File: 1345705855200.png (380 KB, 640x589) Image search: [Google]
1345705855200.png
380 KB, 640x589
Not even that long ago we had LNs like Kino no Tabi, Boogiepop, Slayers, Spice and Wolf, Full Metal Panic, The Twelve Kingdoms, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Zaregoto, Banner of the Stars and the cool one with the panther-head guy and the little twins, which in turn produced good manga/anime adaptions too.

Now it's all chuuni isekai narou crap.

Sword Art Online, Re: Zero, Mondaiji-tachi, Maou no Hajimekata, Konosuba, GATE, Himekishi no Classmate, Mushoku Tensei, Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu, Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou, No Game No Life, Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, Overlord, Kumo Desu ga Nani ka?, Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Log Horizon, World Customize Creator, Tsuyokute New Saga, The New Gate, Yuusha Party, Hero BBS, Spirit Migration, Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki, Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, Isekai Tensei Soudouki, Konjiki no Moji Tsukai, Shisen no Shoukanshi, Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki, Chihou Kishi Hans no Junan, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Kenja no Mago, Kuro no Iyashi, Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami, Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu, Gun-Ota, Sayounara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei, Re:Monster, Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi, even Maybe joined the isekai bandwagon with Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari.

Look at all this GARBAGE pile of series with identical premises and tropes. If anything, the standards are getting worse. The only really good ongoing isekai is Drifters.
>>
>>143325309
It's a fake world within our world that all the characters are aware is a fake.
>>
>>143325401
Irrelevant.

It's an isekai, and narou is full of those.
>>
File: 括弧笑.jpg (77 KB, 463x692) Image search: [Google]
括弧笑.jpg
77 KB, 463x692
>>143325382
>>
>>143325382
>Toaru Ossan no VRMMO KatsudoukI
I like how shamelessly this one ripped off Only Sense Online.
>>
>>143325427
Stupid tripfag.
>>
>>143325423
>Netoge is now isekai
Wew lad
>>
>>143322900
How new
>>
>>143325484
>implying Netoge is VR
>implying people can't logout in Netoge
>having the reading comprehension of an oyster
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>143325313
There is a massive difference between being placed in a fantasy world undergoing a massive international conflict and being placed in an actual historical era so the reader can wank over famous figures of history.

What do you not understand about that?
>>
>1. Mushoku Tensei - 355,766pt
fantasy isekai reincarnation with cheats and harem and slaves
>2. Kenkyo Kenjitsu - 249,964pt
otome game isekai reincarnation as a villain
>3. Hachinantte sorewa naideshou - 247,661pt
fantasy isekai reincarnation with harem
>4. Arifureta Shokugyou - 233,477pt
isekai transportation with cheats and harem and MC persecution
>5. Isekai Dungeon Slave Harem - 233,110pt
videogame fantasy isekai transportation with cheats and harem and slaves
>6. Tensei shitara Slime datta ken - 225,103pt
videogame fantasy isekai reincarnation with cheats as a monster
>7. Death march kara hajimaru - 216,710pt
videogame fantasy isekai transportation with cheats and harem and slaves
>8. Kumo desuga nani ka? - 195,516pt
videogame fantasy isekai reincarnation with cheats as a monster
>9. Shield Hero - 179,995
videogame fantasy isekai transportation with cheats and harem and MC persecution and slaves
>10. Isekai diner - 175,788pt
kek
>11. Re: Zero - 172,116pt
fantasy isekai transportation with harem and curses and suffering
>12. Fairy Tale Chronicle - 164,839pt
fantasy isekai transportation
>13. Konjiki no Wordmaster - 163,936pt
videogame fantasy isekai transportation with cheats and harem
>14. NEET dakedo Hellowork ni - 156,824pt
videogame fantasy isekai transportation with cheats and harem
>15. Log Horizon - 155,993pt
videogame fantasy isekai transportation with cheats and grinding and tax evasion
>>
>>143325401
And this makes it any less isekai how? They are being transferred into a virtual reality that is different from our own.
>>
The main problem with many isekai stories is the author's inability to create proper setting without dumping too much redundant information at once.

>Look at these awesome stats
>Wow so many skills, such pro
>>
>>143325557
Yes, and?
>>
>>143325600
And your mother is a whore and shat you in a dark alleyway years ago.
>>
>>143325632
Well I already knew that. Anything else new?
>>
>>143325543
"Oda Nobuna" is literally the fucking title, did you not even read the premise before shooting your mouth off like a retard?

If you want a story where the protagonist literally goes back in time to meet the actual Oda Nobunaga and not a cute girl version of him, then it's no longer even isekai, it's just straight up time travel. What is Nobunaga Concerto?
>>
File: 1453445403735.jpg (255 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453445403735.jpg
255 KB, 500x500
I never got why the alternate world in an isekai always has videogame rules.
Is it just so the otaku and gamers who watch this shit can relate to it?
>>
>>143325557
>tax evasion
picked up
>>
>>143325700
That, and it's an incredibly convenient setting that makes world building much simpler while also justifying a bunch of bullshit that would never fly in a "real" setting.
>>
>>143325700
It's a lazy setting that makes everything far easier to write and explain. Oh and I guess the vidya crowd can relate to it better as well.
>>
>>143325700
You're not very bright, are you?

Frustrated japanese, youth do nothing but study (or become a NEET) and play videogames, frustrated with family, school, life and the future. Cue constant, relentless escapism and unhappiness and high suicide rates and a horde of amateur writers writing about the only things they know/think about.
>>
File: SmugMegumin.png (203 KB, 329x315) Image search: [Google]
SmugMegumin.png
203 KB, 329x315
>>143322900
Checked
Also, no, /a/ is not one person. Just because I love Konosuba doesn't mean others anons on /a/ do.
>>
>>143325244
Elaborate, you fiend.
>>
>>143325753
>>143325747
>>143325700
It also translates the whole gamification process and all its perks into novel form.

Gone is the uncertainty of just how strong the MC is and how much more he needs to improve before he can fight that red dragon, you've got all the hard numbers right here. Oh, but of course, he's the MC, so he'll have a unique cheat skill that makes him far stronger than he should be.
>>
As much as I hate to admit it, isakeishit is my guilty pleasure.
>>
>>143323378
>liking literal 3DPD pedo
>>
>>143323875
>Mushoku Tensei MC took five years to get over his anxiety, and he has such an inferiority complex that he mistakenly thought his girl dumped him when she went off to train, causing him to have ED for three years

Fuck off he's always this annoying perverted character.
>>
So, /a/, which cliche is more tired at this point, reincarnating into a duke's daughter or reincarnating into a cheat adventurer?
>>
>>143323875
>Kumo-chan never gets over her social anxiety, and her life is a living hell for the first 200 chapters

It doesn't matter since she's a huge bitch.
>>
>>143325988
Reincarnating into a seemingly weak monster.
>>
>>143325672
>Its not historical fiction if all the famous characters are replaced with lolis.

You don't seem to understand how the genre works.
Game of thrones borrows heavily from the war of the roses but that doesn't make it historical fiction.
If i remember correctly in nobuna the MC makes decisions based on his knowledge of the textbook this history is most likely also something that the reader knows which means that it is historical fiction with fantasy elements.
Just because he got there from Muh timeleap or the characters differ a bit doesn't change the genre completely to fantasy.
also Isekai isn't a genre it is a plot device
>>
>>143323831
Yeah. That is why 12k is so good.
>>
>>143323730
>muh guns in fantasy

Fuck off /tg/
>>
>>143323763
>Straight fantasy anime are still very prevalent, they're just adapted from shit-tier mobage plots these days.

When will we get S2 of Erin?
>>
>>143323642

This is just the same wish-fulfillment shit.
>>
>>143324153
>What I like about Isekai Tensei Soudouki is that one of the MC's personas was a studious guy who read wikipedia as a hobby

That shit is just a recipe of cheat.
>>
File: 1466366017046.jpg (93 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1466366017046.jpg
93 KB, 800x900
>Have at least 15 novels on ReadingList tracker
>None of the translations have updated for weeks

But if I pick up new novels they too will also not update after I catch up. Unless I want to read the trashiest harem iskeaiks with constant translation.
>>
>>143325978
>nobody has made an anime/manga where the MC gets transported to another world as a succubus or vampire loli

There are a lot of it if you can read japanese, and your pic is one of them. It got old really quick for me though.
>>
>>143325672
Are you legitimately retarded or are you just incapable of reading the english language

Fantasy equivalent of a war does not mean I want to fuck avout with some highschooler in medieval europe touching myself to bishounen Edward III.

I'll make it super simple so it passes through your head and actually leaves a mark I being the reader have not at any point stated a desire for a fantasy Hundreds year war Light Novel and suggesting Oda Nobunage Light Novel #5000 is like suggesting someone eat an apple when they ask for a glass of orange juice.

What I described was a person being dropped into a clusterfuck of warring nations in a medieval setting as opposed to the usual cold war or background conflicts that get pushed out of the way for a more traditional hero's journey plot
>>
>>143323642

I can't really fault the writers that make isekai stories. A vast majority of Isekai are web novels, and the writers are literally just writing them for fun. The real problem is that only a select few write isekai as an actual job, and not as a hobby.
>>
>>143325978
I want a story where a feminine guy becomes a duke's daughter and proceeds to embrace his new life perfectly.
>>
>>143321555
There is everything wrong with being a virgin neet loser who is so terrified of reality that he'll gobble up even the lowest form of pandering.
>>
>try to write an adorable female MC
>people hate her instead

I didn't think writing a loli MC is this hard.
>>
I just want a good isekai about a guy actually fucking inventing shit and trying to improve the world's standard of living rather than just becoming the chosen one or the owner of a harem or whatever. I'm certain it's out there, it's a pretty obvious premise, but I have no idea how to find it. Hell, I'd even just take anything with a manipulative or intellectual protagonist rather than the same otaku shounen MC bullshit this genre seems to be fucking welded to. Bah, maybe I should just being reading western novels instead.
>>
>>143326211
>What I described was a person being dropped into a clusterfuck of warring nations in a medieval setting as opposed to the usual cold war or background conflicts that get pushed out of the way for a more traditional hero's journey plot
I'm not seeing how Oda Nobunaga clone #5000 doesn't satisfy this itch unless you absolutely insist on the European aesthetic.
>>
>>143326501
No Game No Life
>>
>>143326244
I want a story where a otome game addict gets reincarnated as the manservant of a duke's daughter... who is the reincarnation of her brother who has zero idea how the cliches of the premise work.
>>
>>143326211
There's a military tag on Novelupdates you know.
>>
File: 1305120965592.jpg (40 KB, 236x243) Image search: [Google]
1305120965592.jpg
40 KB, 236x243
>>143326501
Risou no Himo no Seikatsu

I didn't include it >>143325382 because it's more of a SoL, and the inventing bits are few and far between, but they're there.
>>
>>143325978
>that pic
i dropped that shit hard when they killed of the loli princess.
>>
>>143326548
>Historical fiction = fantasy
NO

Maybe less words will help you understand better.
Historical fiction and fantasy are different.
Nobushit #5K is historical fiction.
Fantasy is what was asked for.
>>
File: e374d4e24ffc4b1726fba1b9954c2c27.jpg (558 KB, 2888x2000) Image search: [Google]
e374d4e24ffc4b1726fba1b9954c2c27.jpg
558 KB, 2888x2000
How does a thread like this get this far without mentioning Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari?
>>
>>143326725
It's shit too, even if it doesn't belong to the modern fad.

Took a big dump on the Tenchiverse.
>>
>>143326725
I am not embarrassed by my continued enjoyment of this anime.

It is one of the few things that I can justify keeping on my hard-drive cause it makes me so happy.

also dat fanservice

>>143326785
Like it is any less great than OG tenchi.
>>
>>143326716
So you want a period fiction based on a specific era of history and level of military technology but without any historical figures from said period.

Why split hairs so finely?
>>
>>143326580
>No Game No Life
>Good
eh
>>
>>143326785
>Took a big dump on the Tenchiverse.
The first part is your own shit taste and you're entitled to it.
But how does it take a shit on the rest of the franchise?
>>
>>143326501
Log Horizon is like that if you like Economics.
>>
File: ImmortalRegis_v03_ch15_001-002.jpg (384 KB, 2027x1400) Image search: [Google]
ImmortalRegis_v03_ch15_001-002.jpg
384 KB, 2027x1400
i started reading this out of recommendation on a thread a few days ago but so far its pretty standard at the end of Vol2.
>>
>>143326900
Maoyuu even more so, albeit without the isekai.
>>
>>143326900
>>143326932
Both are boring as fuck though.
>>
>>143326955
You don't find Economics entertaining, I suppose.
>>
>>143326955
>tax evasion
>tsundere imouto
>boring
>>
>>143326845
Because then the author isn't constantly creaming over every reveal of famous retainer X or famous tactician Y or guy Z who everyone knows is backstabbed by X.
>>
>>143321555
Konosuba is probably the most engaging show of the last 5 years. Moeshit/SoLshit/schoolshit has been beaten to death over the last few years with nothing new or refreshing. I mean when KyoAni basically stops making SoL/moeshit in favor of something different you know that the genre is on the way out.

Comedy+isekai is definitely the best way to go with the genre. Keeps the plot light week to week and focuses more on the characters and their personalities.

You're completely right.
>>
>>143326997
Magi is an example on how to do economics interestingly.
>>
>>143327033
>focuses more on the characters and their personalities.
>one joke over and over again
>good
>>
>>143327019
Instead they're all just creaming themselves over the MC instead.
>>
File: 1454927380782.png (89 KB, 524x499) Image search: [Google]
1454927380782.png
89 KB, 524x499
>>143327077
>focuses on only one aspect of the anime
>ignores other aspects
>cherrypicking
>>
>>143326669
If you filter for non-historical fantasy novels with the military tag and a minimum of 10 chapters you get 16 results of those 16 you have

4 monster reincarnation
3 semi-modern military ones
2 stories about cannibals
A few that are just unrelated entirely (like zero no tsukaima because it has a million tags)
and one that looks worth reading but still isn't medieval fantasy
>>
Why aren't there any isekai about the protagonist being reincarnated into the slave girl of the OP adventurer instead of the other way around?
>>
>>143327033
This.
>>
>>143325309
I know and i don't give a shit, you understood what i meant.
>>
>>143321555
Konosuba is the only one that's been good recently. I'm trying to think of a different comedy series as fun.

isekai shows are otherwise typically garbage.
>>
>>143327276
That's because you're a braindead worthless moron. Your opinion being clearly irrelevant, SAO continues being an isekai story.
>>
>>143326580
I probably will watch this, though as I understand it it's more about death games than regular isekai stuff.

>>143326681
I'm not particularly interested in SoL

>>143326900
I already watched the anime and loved it. Is the novel translation any good?
>>
>>143327314
And you continue being a retarded smartass.

I obviously didn't feel the need to be overly specific that i was talking about "MMO-isekai" and "non-MMO-isekai" because it wouldn't make sense otherwise you retarded piece of shit.
>>
Write a plot for a Isekai novel.
>>
>>143327080
>Instead they're all just creaming themselves over the MC instead.

Ok sure why not just ignore my point entirely.

I would take a badly written fantasy over a badly written historical fanfic any day.

History is a crutch for a writer that doesn't have the inspiration to lay out his own plots and characters in a believable way.
All the author has to say is "hey remember all those surprising turning points in this history you know? Well that was all because of this character I wrote who is so amazing and is a fucking star child."

It also means that the MC automatically has many of the characteristics that push them toward being an empty (gary/mary) stu by first inserting into a history based fanfiction and then magically endearing himself to famous figures that shouldn't give two shits about him. Or having them fall in love with him, or having any impact on historical events whatsoever.

Any genre of novel can be good or bad but I prefer the ones that don't start on crutches.
>>
>>143327444

OK so there's this boy
>>
>>143326501
There was one I was reading earlier where the MC was an engineer, so he was doing something like inventing a blast furnace to make cheaper steel. And other companies would be trying to go after his secrets.

I forget the title, though.
>>
>>143327467
Don't you dare you sonofabitch.
>>
>>143327467
Is he in love?
>>
>>143327444
The OP protagonist previously summoned for average gary stu novel, summons a bunch of people from his world. However he is a huge dick to them and uses his power to abuse and control them, from the point of view of the weak summoned people they grow to despise and want to murder the gary stu protagonist, but become fugitives after doing so.
>>
>>143327467
>>143327519
Don't do this to me you bastards.
>>
Is there a show that uses actual JRPG mechanics?
>>
>>143327519
with a girl
>>
>>143327519
Maybe with a girl, even?
>>
>>143327590
>>143327584
Oh nice. What's he gonna do next?
>>
>>143327590
>>143327584
>>143327519
>>143327467
we were having such a mediocre thread
why ruin it?
>>
>>143327643
He's just in his room playing Ultimato Onurinu IV.
He has to go buy cup ramen.
>>
>>143325557
Points don't matter when many web novels over the years were forced to be taken down by the publisher or edited it to be just summary teasers and MT doesn't sell that well as a LN.
>>
>>143323730
Why do you think /k/ is the easiest board to shit on? Holy shit spend more than 5 minutes on 4chan before posting you dumb fuck
>>
>>143327751
>/k/
>populated by average joes and fantasy obsessed nerds
>>
>>143326681
Risou MC is shit.

Lazy piece of shit and the inventing is more like his wife ordering her workers to figure out how to make glass while MC isn't the one struggling finding the right composition of materials to make proper glass.
>>
>>143327484
Oh, and he was also helping to teach magic to the animal-people I think? If someone else has read this and could remember the title could you post it?
>>
>>143326501
>I just want a good isekai about a guy actually fucking inventing shit and trying to improve the world's standard of living

Parallel World Pharmacy
>>
>>143327444
A fat, unemployed, balding otaku in his late 20s suddenly wakes up in a fantasy world with vague JRPG similarities. He wanders around aimlessly, not used to being outside for such extended periods of time, until he grows faint from hunger and passes out in a ditch.

He wakes up in a dungeon of some kind, having been captured by slavers while unconscious. They feed him a diet of gruel and water, and once he's strong enough they haul him out for auctions, but nobody buys him, even for manual labor. He's not too upset though, he gets free food and a place to sleep, he even started losing weight.

Then one day it's really noisy outside and suddenly armed strangers burst into the dungeon. It's a party of adventurers come to put a stop to the evil slavers. They free the otaku and the rest of the slaves, who are all overjoyed, but the otaku was just getting used to being a slave and has nowhere else to go. For lack of any ideas he follows the adventurers, but they find him creepy and cut across country to ditch him. The otaku tries to follow but only gets himself lost.

By accident he stumbles into a camp of pig orcs who end up mistaking him for a runty member of their race. He fits in pretty easily with the pig orcs, and the raider lifestyle puts some muscle on his body, under the fat. Then those same adventurers turn up to put a stop to the evil big orcs, and the otaku, having seen them in action, knows their tactics and leads his pig orcs to victory.
>>
>>143323642
>Give me Isekai about a guy pulled into the magical version of the hundreds year war

Ochitekita Naga to Horobiyuku Majo no Kuni
>>
>>143327444
>A human coming from a Halloween party is transported into a deep dungeon filled with monsters.
>The monsters confuse the human in the costume for one of their own kind (As the portal the human went through was the thing in the dungeon that gives birth to monsters in the dungeon, and it leaves a strong scent only monsters can smell to identify each other) and welcome them to the dungeon
>The monsters have their own system of classification and the human in the costume is classified as a Humanoid-Monster with an Exoskeleton.
>The human in the costume has no powers and is given a shovel as they are Rank 1 Mook (Monsters have their own chain of command) fighting for the Lords of the Dungeon to keep out adventurers who want to raid the dungeon, steal shit, fuck up the monsters lively hood, and kill the monsters who did nothing wrong.
>SoL of things with eldritch monsters, and world building occurs afterwards.

Where is my money nips? Where's my anime?
>>
>>143327751
>Everyone has the chemsitry knowledge, capital, and prospecting skills to find and refine Saltpeter out of the ground in fantasy world.

It would be something you would have to specifically study to realistically accomplish if you don't want to take every white mineral and set it on fire for years.
>>
>>143327444
A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this world at all. She is the girl’s other world counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own otherworld self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>143327033

Konosuba should have had another male character in the main cast.
>>
>>143327444
A NEET dies and is reincarnated as the dark elf heroine of the game "Monster Sex Dungeon III: Let Us Fuck Together".
>>
>>143327929
>until he grows faint from hunger and passes out in a ditch.

I like it until this sentence, let's make a 13 ep anime up until here and scrap all that other crap.
>>
>>143328059
>Otaku tries to do random shit like cast magic but just shouts at nothing
>Doesn't know basic survival skills cant start a fire
>Runs out of breath every mile and breaks down crying

Would be 10/10 best comedy, he meets no one else and starves to death in 13 episodes.
>>
>>143328001
Isn't this already a game? Costume Quest or something?
>>
>>143321555
>Some of the best anime in recent memory have been isekai.

haha yeah I love SAO
>>
>>143327942
>ecchi, fantasy, harem tags

Great, the trifecta of shitty writing.

>>143328008
Sulfer = yellow and smells like rotten eggs shows up near volcanoes or hot-springs.
Charcoal = available in your local firepit
Potassium nitrate = have your entire town piss in some cow shit and leave it in a pile to stew for a few months turning it once in a while then boil and strain and boil again until you get potassium nitrate crystals.
>>
Isekai is fine when the world they get sucked into isn't a literal videogame.
>>
>>143328277
Re Zero is fine?
>>
>>143328268
Back to ANN, newfag.
>>
>>143328158
Never heard of it. Totally different from it.
>>
>>143328377
>I disagree with you, therefor you must be an outsider!
>>
>>143328456
You are an outsider.
>>
File: This isnt worth your time.png (49 KB, 663x493) Image search: [Google]
This isnt worth your time.png
49 KB, 663x493
>>143328456
Responding to morons encourages them.
>>143328499
Calm the fuck down outsiders don't exist and doing this makes you an idiot.
>>
>>143328001
Where the Wild Things Are.
>>
File: mkrrunegods.jpg (73 KB, 600x464) Image search: [Google]
mkrrunegods.jpg
73 KB, 600x464
So, what's a classic older anime that when you think about it, is also an isekai series?

Pic related.
>>
>>143322050
We had a thread about the OVA hit the reply bump limit a couple hours ago, a lot of people here like it. These people are just being fags to get a rise out of someone.
>>
Greatest isekai show ever made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I
>>
File: PM.png (303 KB, 477x304) Image search: [Google]
PM.png
303 KB, 477x304
MCs these days don't seem to give even the slightest thought to wanting to go home.
>>
File: 1323123516269.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1323123516269.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>>143328987
>>
>>143328987
classic Tomino
>>
>>143326501
Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki

Surprised nobody mentioned it yet.
>>
>>143329039
God, I fucking loved this game. I wish there had been more character development like A2 was focused on, especially between Marche and Ritz.
>>
File: Ha.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ha.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
>>143328846
MC is a young underappreciated work slave stuck in a poor cramped life who has memories of another world that isn't like the one he currently lives in.
One day a sudden earthquake makes a crack in the ground through which he travels to the new world that has a completely different sky and monsters and never before seen technology and magic.
Mc first meets and falls in love with a beautiful adventurer and joins her party to fight monsters but unfortunately she is in love with the ikemen swordsman that is the leader of the party.
They go through some trouble gradually fighting monsters and leveling up and making and loosing friends.
Eventually he meets a loli princess and they fall in love and fight her father who also happens to be the king of the monsters.
The MC defeats the demon king in a flashy fight at the kings castle in the middle of the monsters territory.

This story is called Gurren Lagann
>>
>>143325532
There is literally nothing isekai about Netoge. What the hell are you smoking?
>>
>>143321555
Why doesn't this dumb whore goddess wear pantsu?
>>
>>143322050
It's basically just isekai + Family Guy.
>>
>>143324112
They'll probably have sulfur lying around.
Saltpeter maybe not, but it's easy enough to get as a byproduct of composting.

You actually don't need sulfur to make black powder.
The magic is in the charcoal manufacturing process. Turns out different coals produce different burns.
>>
File: 1430663461034.jpg (722 KB, 2219x2153) Image search: [Google]
1430663461034.jpg
722 KB, 2219x2153
>>143329310
Only silly landwalkers need something as silly as pants.
>>
>>143328268
>Ochitekita Naga to Horobiyuku Majo no Kuni
>Great, the trifecta of shitty writing
Actually it's a very decent senki series. I feel the battle/strategy descriptions are more drawn out than they need to be, but thats the part of it I really like. The world building could use more work too but its fine.

Overall I still prefer Madan though.
>>
>>143329543
The part I find drawn out is the descriptions of girls one of which wears belts not as accessories or to fasten other clothes but just belts and nothing else.

Its a series designed around fanservice and titilation.

I agree that the action and strategy are pretty good but when everything is interrupted for a description panty shot or a stare down cleavage my patience runs thin.

Madan is also in a similar place with the same basic problems.
>>
>>143325244
i never got banned, i've just been lurking
>>
>>143329874
Continue doing so, newfuck.
>>
>>143328057
>Dark Elf runs a brothel full of all type of monster girls, elves, and other races.
Why the fuck hasn't this been made yet?
>>
>>143327444
A prudish, feminine guy gets reincarnated into a duke's daughter's body.

Cue him fitting perfectly as a lady while he tries hard not to do anything lewd with his now female body.
>>
>>143328846
12k obviously.

It was written because the author was told to mimic the popular Fushigi Yuugi series. Instead, she just went full on deconstruction instead.
>>
>>143329380
>mentioning an american show
You just have shit taste.
>>
>>143328057
>Sex Dungeon

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/welcome-to-the-man-eating-dungeon/

>>143330056
>brothel

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/manager-of-the-other-world-brothel/
>>
>>143328717
Back to ANN, samefag.
>>
>>143330130
There was something like that in a thread like this about a prudish, harem-hating man getting stuck in a princess' body. Said princess now has to keep rejecting the advances of the perverted harem MC, and she will try with all her might to deny the MC of his harem by trying to convince the girl that he isn't worth it. Of course, this only makes her be seen as the ultimate tsundere which makes the MC even more fond of her.

To complicate things, she has to fight her hormones, which will act up to both male and female sensation. When the MC grabs her breasts for example, she would be angry at him while being turned on in the inside, which horrifies her. She also tries to control her urges when the girls get into a bonding session with her.
>>
>>143329860
Yea I get where you're coming from, although I woudn't say this with Madan
>everything is interrupted for a description panty shot
Maybe it's been some time but I don't remember anything like that during the actual war/battles.
>>
>>143330229
Sometimes I think being a writer is easy. Just...Maybe I should write a WN and see what happens.
>>
>>143330506
You'll probably lose motivation very quickly.
>>
>>143327444
A young girl who loved singing dreamt of becoming an idol.

But after many years of working towards her dream, she doesn't have an ounce of success to show for it. Disillusioned and depressed, she falls into NEETdom and drowns herself in games and alcohol until one day, in the depths of her despair, she's killed in a traffic accident by a certain truck.

She awakes to find herself reincarnated in what she recognizes to be a game-like fantasy world of magic and adventure. But unlike the other children of the village, she had no grand ambitions of diving into dungeons, slaying dragons, or defeating the legendary demon king. No, she's had enough of chasing after stardom. In this second life, she resolves herself to the quiet life of a commoner instead.

But that all changes when her village is saved from destruction by a legendary band of adventurers. In the center of this group of saviors, one person dazzled her above all. This person was the legendary adventurer, a beautiful elven bard known across the land. The short but fateful meeting reignites the passion in the girl's heart, and she declares that she'll become the greatest bard (idol) this world has ever seen. Those other idiots say that swordsmen and magicians are so much dreamier? Just you wait, she'll show them just how amazing a bard (idol) can be!

It ends up becoming fantasy Macross.
>>
>>143330506
Enjoy having no one read your story.
>>
>>143327033
> A bunch of idiots fucking around.
> The only one who is not an idiot is actually a fucking retard because he died so pathetically.
> No sense of actual plot because of them fucking around even though they have a goal of defeating the Maou.
> Alot of it was subverting references but those are bad since there are people who do not play video games so they do not understand.
> The slice of life crap had no sense of a silver lining behind anything and neither was the humor.
> Konosuba
> Good
>>
File: Picture 12.png (91 KB, 686x156) Image search: [Google]
Picture 12.png
91 KB, 686x156
>>143327444
A young loser gets reincarnated as the urethra of a beautiful girl who is the queen of a powerful country. He soon learns that he can influence world events by choosing when she pees, and a madcap adventure ensues!
>>
>>143330596
He just has to pretend it's a translation and post it on Novelupdates until someone calls him out on his bullshit.
>>
>>143330695
It does not sound that impossible or outlandish. There's a short anime that will air in a week about a fart solving problems after all.
>>
>>143330712
And then get bombarded with negative comments?

>>143330730
What?
>>
>>143328987
tomino on antidepressants is weird as fuck
>>
>>143327444
It's set in the fertile crescent around like 2500 BC and the MC is a linguist. Cue an Indo-European dialect continuum and bronze age religious practices. So if you want to summon a hailstorm or curse your neighbor's bull to be infertile, instead of uttering an embarassingly chuuni incantation you just sacrifice a goat to your deity of choice and burn its entrails.
>>
>>143330730
It's really not so much different from My Balls, which is a low key classic of world literature.
>>
>>143330739
>>What?
>Onara Gorou follows the everyday life of Gorou, the "most admirable of farts," as he solves problems in ways that only a fart can.
>>
>>143330712
This

I see plenty of TLs that also write their own stuff but almost never read them because they were written in my native language and the barrier to popularity and subsequent translation is (in my head) sufficient enough to weed out terrible works.
>>
>>143330805
My Balls was really an awesome manga.
>>
>>143327444
A MAN TURNS INTO A MIMIC THAT TURNS INTO A RANDSEL SO AN ETERNAL LOLI CAN WEAR HIM FOREVER
>>
>>143330806
Sounds like The Miller's Tale
>>
>>143322050

It's one of the worst i watched so far.

No progression at all, reusing the same few jokes and outright requiring you to read the novel to get to know some characters.

The only joke I genuinely enjoyed was the whole Dullahan arc
>>
File: 1464813470688.png (415 KB, 842x709) Image search: [Google]
1464813470688.png
415 KB, 842x709
>>143327033
>Moeshit/SoLshit/schoolshit has been beaten to death over the last few years with nothing new or refreshing. I mean when KyoAni basically stops making SoL/moeshit in favor of something different you know that the genre is on the way out.
>>
>>143330695
An omorashi fan, eh?
>>
>>143328987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQI7W7lAoc
>>
>>143327444
> Being treated as a delinquent at school pisses me off.
> But being kidnapped along with the entire class to fight the Maou REALLY PISSES ME OFF.
> I don't give a crap, why should we do your dirty work? And why the hell is the the two school idols (male and a female) going along with it and the rest of the class?
> Aaannnddd, I have no cheats. But everyone else is a special snowflake (oh lucky them).
> Great, now I'm banished for talking back to those assholes.
> I have no powers, no money, not even proper gear to survive.
> I hate you all. Screw you all.
And this is the story of a student that takes everybody down to the depths of hell with him. Including the Maou (which is a woman).
>>
>>143331225
Sounds like Arifureta desu senpai
>>
>>143331225
10/10 That would be a good ride.
>>
>>143331334
Arifureta was a huge asspull with haremshit. This story would be like a guy trying to survive alone but manages to find himself stuck into a battlefield between the kingdom and demons and manages to screw both sides over. Eventually meeting the Maou and kidnapping her while she is weakened and dragging her like what Kazuma did with Aqua and not letting her go while the the kingdom and demons are on a manhunt.
>>
>tfw no isekai where the protagonist reincarnates as a succubus
>>
File: 1455937777994.jpg (466 KB, 2431x3508) Image search: [Google]
1455937777994.jpg
466 KB, 2431x3508
>>143329310
But she does.
>>
>>143330695
Holy shit, might be fun.
>>
>>143325557

You better not be dissin' Isekai Izakaya, nigga
>>
Einstein reborn in a merchant family with Hitler as his childhood friend (male)
>>
>>143327444
>Write a plot for a Isekai novel.
I was going to try and write one for fun, but all I have is the title so far:

"I got transported into the amateur other world webnovel I was writing and it sucks!"

Still mulling over things like whether I want the protagonist to be the main character of his own story or just a side character, how successfull I want him to be and if he has anything other than knowing the plot in advance going for him.
>>
>>143322050
Reddit left
>>
>>143328001
Slightly reminds me of Lazy Dungeon Master:
>lazy guy transported into other world
>summoned as a monster by a Dungeon Heart (who is also a little girl)
>he takes control of the Dungeon Instead
>Turns a one room Dungeon that can produce 5 Goblins into a 3 floor maze
>builds an inn at the entrance so he can sleep
>>
I'll take the most generic Isekai development and turn it over its head. Like this:

It's not an Isekai, and he's not the main protagonist.

He actually volunteered for an experiment involving cryogenics, shit hit the fan, and he was left behind for at least a thousand years.

The onboard AI was based on video game algorithms. Nanomachines implanted inside the poor dude give him aim-assists, levels, stats, and that little voice in the head.

Though he thinks he got transported in another world, which is actually future Earth, which regressed to the earliest forms of civilization.

Now how do you suppose he's gonna cast magic?
>>
>>143332644
Nanomachines who evolved to become supersapient little data gods who found out the secret how to manipulate the human mind so that psionic reality-alteration is possible.
>>
>>143332789
Onii-sama, pls go and stay go.
>>
>>143322050
I like it.

The fanbase can fuck off with its cancerous generals though.
>>
>>143332789
Kojima pls
>>
>>143332862
You know anon, considering you're literally the only person who refers to those threads as generals literally every fucking time the series is mentioned; it still makes it out to be that you're the only person who thinks that.

Not to mention you still haven't gotten the usage of the word "general" right. There is content for the series released every week, and an OVA came out with several threads dedicated to it. That is hardly considered a general, and either you're a newfag who is using terminology you don't understand (which would be understandable, pathetic, but understandable), or you're just a dense retard (the more likely of the two.

If you want to see what a real general is head over to /co/ or something.

>>143321555
>posts a thread trying to talk about how valuable isekai is
>uses a picture of KonoSuba, the only really decent one and that is a fucking parody of the genre

Not sure if that was the impression you were going for OP, but if so cheers to you.
>>
File: average isekai writer.gif (206 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
average isekai writer.gif
206 KB, 320x240
Isekai is better when it goes to lengths to create a "fish out of water" scenario for the MC learning to survive in his new situation and dealing with the differences from his old comfortable life. For example Final Fantasy X had Tidus stumble around the ruins lost for a while and would probably have died of hunger or exposure if the Al Bhed hadn't picked him up, then because he couldn't speak the language he was still lost and confused and everyone was a jerk to him, and only after being jerked around for a while did he manage to run into people who could make use of his services as a blitzball player, ending up with him joining others to survive instead of others joining him because they want his D.

THAT'S a good isekai setup.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.