[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I recently got back from Tokyo where I bought a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Gundam.jpg (77 KB, 736x960) Image search: [Google]
Gundam.jpg
77 KB, 736x960
Hey guys

I recently got back from Tokyo where I bought a couple of Gundam figures and saw the big statue.

I want to watch some of the show too but have no idea where to start.

What would you recommend I should watch if I've never seen any Gundam before but love the design of the mechs?

I like the more simple designed mechs so maybe I should watch some of the earlier stuff?
>>
>>143253227
Google it you dumb fucker
>>
Maybe start at the beginning?
>>
>>143253284
Thanks butt wipe

>>143253295
I was thinking about starting at the beginning but thought I'd ask you or /m/ if you had some recommendations.
>>
>>143253227
Start from the beginning and watch every series with master race Jegans in it. Byarlant and Jesta's are good too
>>
>>143253227
You could definitely start in production order, but the age of the original gundam series might be offputting to you.

One thing to understand is that gundam shows are generally sorted into 2 categories: UC (Universal Century) that are set in the universe of the original gundam and its followup works, and the myriad alternate universe works that are generally self-contained.

For older works, I recommend War in the Pocket, 8th MS team, and Stardust Memory. All set in UC(but do not require huge background knowledge of the setting to be enjoyed.

00 and Unicorn are more modern entry points. 00 is 2 seasons (the first being much stronger than the second) and Unicorn is a 7 episode OVA with high production values and a lot of popularity.

Of course you could just go right to the original, and then zeta, and then CCA (skip ZZ).

Do not watch Seed or AGE.
>>
>>143253227
>never watched gundam series
>bought a couple of Gundam figures
Seems legit

Anyway, i usually recommend new fags to watch the recent series, e.g. gundam 00, since the UC timelines is such a long mess for newcomers, while the recent series generally has better drawing & more modern mecha design.

But if you insist to begin with the earlier stuff, just start watching the UC series by chronological order starting from 0079.
>>
File: IMG_2108.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2108.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>143253599
Thanks!
Are Jegan, Byarlant and Jesta part of the UC?

>>143253606
Thanks for mentioning the UC and alternate universe things. It's kinda crazy picking something to watch when there's so much stuff. I'll definitely start out with following the UC stuff.

I don't like the over designed modern stuff. I saw some of the Unicorn figures and they just looked like... too much you know?
I'll start out with some of the old stuff and pick up 00 too.

>>143253652
I've always liked the design of the old mechs and the figures were fun to build. Like a combination of Warhammer and Lego.
I got a 1/48 version of RX-78 and a smaller version that was way more detailed and took a long time to build. I also got Bearguy because he looked stupid.
I feel like I've become addicted to building them. I'll get a lot more next time I go to Tokyo.
Thanks for the recommendations by the way
>>
By the way... Gunpla figures are fucking expensive here in Europe... they were so cheap in Tokyo... even at the Gundam Front store in Odaiba.
I'm ringing a spare suitcase just for Gundam figures next time.
>>
>>143253227
Why is the RX-78-2 so damn awesome?
>>
>>143254034
>Are Jegan, Byarlant and Jesta part of the UC?
Yes. They are from F91, Zeta and Unicorn.
>>
>>143254034
Jegan is one of the early UC mass produced mobile suits that serves as a progenitor to almost every other grunt unit in the EFSF. You'll see jegan related mechs in anything after Zeta gundam.

Byarlant is just a sexy TITANS custom mech.
>>
>>143254179
Dude, the statue was fucking massive in real life. It looked awesome
>>
I'm watching the first episode of the original series.
I'm digging the sound effects and art direction. It reminds me of watching Transformers and Action Force as a kid.

Thanks for the recommendations, I appreciate it.
>>
Zeta
CCA
Unicorn
08 ms team
war in a pocket
Unicorn
>>
Just watch the original series. Or better yet, read the manga (Gundam The Origin) since it has way better artwork and storypacing, with none of the anime's QUALITY.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2724
>>
Watch thunderbolt as well OP
>>
know the second an alien sets foot on earth,that fucking robot will start moving while blasting the OP
>>
Lurk the fuck more, newfag.
>>
>>143255812
On it!

>>143255845
Will do

>>143256049
I'll jump inside and control it

>>143256186
Eat a dick you dill hole
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.