[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: utena.jpg (2 MB, 1574x2330) Image search: [Google]
utena.jpg
2 MB, 1574x2330
I'm halfway through. I like it so far. Just as good as Evangelion.
>>
>>143249509
You'll think it's better by the end.
>>
I just realized how much the villain from Kabaneri looks like a genderswapped Utena
>>
>just as good as evangelion
So,is it a fucking shit?
>>
>>143249553
From the intro I thought Utena and Anthy will be lovers.
As far as I see their realitionship consists of Utena not wanting Anthy to be bullied. Liking all the chaacters though
>>
>>143249768
You'll see.
>>
>>143249509
>Just as good as Evangelion.
The characters in utena are much more shallow. Utena lacks meaning, subtlety and is basically a overly artsy highschool drama.
>>
>>143249768
after you finish the series i suggest watching the movie.
>>
>>143249509
Utena was great until the lesbians got dicked.

Then it was a disaster.
>>
>>143251444
>>143251537
Nope.
>>
>>143251444
It certainly lacks subtlety but what the fuck, how could you think it lacks meaning?
>>
>>143251635
prove it.
>>
File: Utena WIWEG.jpg (337 KB, 1924x712) Image search: [Google]
Utena WIWEG.jpg
337 KB, 1924x712
>>143249509
Utena in a nutshell.
>>
Having finished the TV series, I have these to ask:

1. Where was it shown that Kanae Ohtori was having problems with her mother?

2. Character Development: While the Kiryuu siblings and Saionji's were explicitly shown, what about Miki and Juri's? In the former's case, how is Kozue calling him a coward at the end of Episode 26 supposed to indicate the twins are trying to fix their relationship, given that the final episode has Miki helping Kozue with the piano. Likewise with the latter's relationship with Shiori. I mean, episode 29 has the Shadow Play Girls elaborating what happened to Ruka after Juri lost to Utena, then Shiori catches up to Juri and the two walk together. Also, any reason why Mitsuru is with the Miki siblings instead of Nanami? Or was it due to the show's low budget now allowing a few more episodes to explain things?
>>
>>143254872
Well the show isnt that well known and the staggering amount of stock footage would indicate a low budget
>>
>>143258834
What could you possibly be talking about?
>>
>>143259175
Arc 1.
Almost every episode had the Utena sotry intro. Then the same footage and song before every duel. And many other times.
>>
>>143259280
I don't like saying this, but that was sort of the point.

The show is also very well known.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.