[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macross Delta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
"Once the Rune Pika Beamu is mass-produced..."
>>
>facebook filaneme
>>
So what happened?
>>
File: 1464986753534.jpg (211 KB, 806x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464986753534.jpg
211 KB, 806x1000
I think i may have taken a hit
>>
File: 1466683029969.jpg (107 KB, 1179x1081) Image search: [Google]
1466683029969.jpg
107 KB, 1179x1081
So anyway, that thing about Harmony Gold turned out to be a fake
>>
Did everybody die?
>>
And 6 hours after all Sheryl shitposting ended Mod decides to delete the thread. Yeah, just in time!

Back to NUNG vs Windermere. OK, even if Winderemer ewere somehow fucked up by NUN treaties, they are completely independent now. Can any snowfaggot answer me why do they "liberate" other planets even though no one asked them? If NUNG is evil, why cat and fish people are completely fine with them? Ragna and Voldor were happy to get all the technology and culture from NUNG. They live in peace and harmony. Yet windniggers bring terror and war to their homes. Even with mind controlling strategy civilian casualties are still not completely avoidable. Why windniggers just can't stay on their shitty planet?
>>
>>143214612
go to animesuki. they'd love you
>>
>>143214612
Because they're the antagonists.

You seem to be misinterpreting understanding with "agreeing with"
>>
>>143214762
Great answer to a simple question. I didn't expect anything else from faggoots like you.

Also vour deep knowledge about animesuki's discussions tells that you don't belong here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was you who was constantly reposting that one faggot from MW forums a month ago.
>>
>>143214612
>If NUNG is evil, why cat and fish people are completely fine with them?
I don't know, it's not like the planets were colonized by different fleets with different people in charge.
>>
File: 1466551426344.jpg (71 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1466551426344.jpg
71 KB, 500x465
>>
>>143215292
>Can any snowfaggot answer me why do they "liberate" other planets even though no one asked them?
>>
>>143214612
Most likely Windmere did have it comparatively bad under colonization. In the first episode we see that two different colonization fleets came to the Brisingr Globular Cluster. One landed at Ragna and was some sort of New Macross type fleet, the other ended up at Windmere and the central ship was a Megaroad.

We know that the culture of colonization fleets can vary quite drastically and this little background detail seems likely to have been included as a way to explain what made Windmere's experience so different.

It doesn't justify their expansionism from an outside perspective, but along with the fact that the dimensional disturbance on their planet will probably be revealed to be eating it or something it probably justifies it to them. Not to mention Roid's true protoculture heirs propaganda.

It's not really that either side is evil, and it generally never is in Macross.
>>
>>143215324
Because they want the NUNS out of their cluster.
>>
But is she going to shoot beams out her head?
>>
>>143215456
Thank you, captain obvious.
Do NUNS do anything bad to them? Winderemere is already independent.
>>
>>143215390
>It's not really that either side is evil, and it generally never is in Macross.

I don't really have a dog in the WIND vs NUNS banter, but mind control via vars is pretty straight up evil, just like any other mind control.

lacking the forces to properly fight their desired war of conquest doesn't make it any better, either.
>>
>>143215568
It's evil, but I don't know that it's any more evil that conducting the same war of conquest by just outright killing people until each planet submits.
>>
>>143215551
at this point im just expecting it to turn out that NUNS was the dimensional weapon all along.. our protagonists are with Chaos after all
>>
>>143215568
Yeah but is it really that much more evil than space vampires actually putting people in comas?
>>
>>143215551
Revenge, etc. If you have been paying any attention to the show it's clear they hate the NUNS guts with a passion. The question is why, exactly. They have only hinted at it but they have yet to explain what kind of city Carlisle was, what was there, what did Windermereans feel when it happened (did they feel the pain with their runes when all those millions of people died like Ranka felt the Vajra's pain via their fold network?), how bad the war in general was, etc. Which reminds me I hope they start focusing on Windermere soon.

And there's also the question if that bomb did damage the core of their planet in the case it destroyed protoculture ruins like some people speculate it might have done.
>>
>>143215787
>And there's also the question if that bomb did damage the core of their planet in the case it destroyed protoculture ruins like some people speculate it might have done.

Well they keep talking about being short on time, and part of me thinks they're talking about something other than their lives being short.
>>
NUNS a shit, I hope Winderme kills them all.
>>
>>143215632
arguably, it is more evil than killing.

Conquest by killing requires a variable % of enemy military forces destroyed, depending on how quickly you can break their will to fight, if their forces are fleet or ground-based, and their ability to retreat from a losing battle. VARs take-over seems to have an almost guaranteed 100% enemy military 'casualty' rate, as far as the target forces are concerned. (exception for the handful of target forces that really, really hate apples?)

Of course, there are possible civilian casualties and invading force casualties, but those could be highly variable depending upon similar factors to the % of target military casualties. Civilian casualties are likely to be minimal so long as you don't end up with an insurgency, though.

Now we get into the objective part. How evil is killing vs mind control?

Personally, I'd rate ending a sentient life far lower than removing free will from a sentient life. At least death is natural, even if the death itself is of unnatural causes.
>>
>>143216253
Not everyone agrees with you. On my part I'd consider mind controlling less evil than killing whole armies. From the POV of Windermere it's clearly 'better' than killing millions. Roid says they must be better than NUNS, Heinz wants to end the war as fast as possible so there can be less suffering for everyone, the Knights hate the NUNS and think they are lower than dirt but even Bogue is taken aback when Roid points out they are acting like the NUNS did.

This is why I want them to focus on Windermere more and show us more about how their planet was before humans came, how it was during occupation, what made them go to war, how bad it was, more about that MDE, etc. There's also the question of Epsilon and their goals.
>>
>>143216253
I think the killing vs mind control issue itself is debatable. One thing I think you're ignoring there is that var is reversible, whereas death is not. However once you start to consider issues like collateral damage I flat out can't call what they're doing worse than a traditional conquest. They're minimizing civilian casualties and infrastructure destruction.

I'm not saying I support what they're doing, it's still violent conquest which is still deplorable, but it's better than the devastation that comes from a traditional war.
>>
File: tumblr_mkv3aq7ReU1qlcmswo1_1280.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1858) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkv3aq7ReU1qlcmswo1_1280.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1858
>>143214612
It wasn't a Sheryl fan.

It was a Ranka shitter or Freyjafag revealing his autism by shitposting text walls for 6 hours straight, one person alone.

Laughable stuff.
>>
>>143215456
REMOVE WINDERMERE
>>
>>143217993
>or Freyjafag
Miragefag (and latent rankafag) detected.
Do you know what Freyja and Sheryl have in common? They are the best girls of their respective shows.
>>
>>143217382
>One thing I think you're ignoring there is that var is reversible, whereas death is not

Have we seen Windermere reverse or even hint at being able (or willing) to reverse var, though? I can't recall anything but Walkure songs removing var.

Beyond that, there is the issue of what happens if they un-var those military forces. Sure, they can take all the military equipment from them, but that is still likely to release a rather angry group of people into their newly conquered region of space. And if they burn out Heinz during the initial conquest, would they even have a theoretical method to un-var folks?

I have to wonder if their end game is to completely cut off the cluster from the wider universe, as I personally can't see any routes for Windermere to not militarily occupy and rule the worlds they've conquered otherwise. Populations tend to remember being conquered forcefully for generations.
>>
>>143217993
Oh please.
>>
>>143218844
>Have we seen Windermere reverse or even hint at being able (or willing) to reverse var, though? I can't recall anything but Walkure songs removing var.

We haven't seen them show any ability to do so, and I doubt they would even if they could. Except maybe long after the war. Probably over a generation by Windmerean standards. The thing is, in this case Windmere having the willingness or capability doesn't really factor into the equation for me, simply because there's no possibility at all with death. So it's more to do with the actual consequences of their actions than the intentions in this case.

Other issues could be brought up of course, how much do people remember of their time under full var influence? That will have a pretty big effect on just how much psychological trauma soldiers freed of the mind control go through.
>>
File: ma.jpg (346 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
ma.jpg
346 KB, 2000x2000
>>
File: am.jpg (520 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
am.jpg
520 KB, 1536x2048
>>
>>143220358
>yfw Messer x Arad was the actual pairing that never was
>>
File: 1421859178264.jpg (9 KB, 206x251) Image search: [Google]
1421859178264.jpg
9 KB, 206x251
>>143220358
>>
>>143220136
>Other issues could be brought up of course, how much do people remember of their time under full var influence?

That is certainly a fun, or terrifying, debate given the lack of information we have on that.

Something also consider are cases like those cat children we saw trying to get through to their father. While it was a single shown instance in the show, we should probably consider the impact that mind control has on the associated families, vs death.

death is final, but again is a natural process. As shown with Messer, there are beliefs and rituals that help the survivors say goodbye and process the grief.

How does someone process their family member, friend or lover being mind controlled? For a short period of time? For potentially a Windermerian generation? For potentially the rest of their life?

And assuming the var'ed folks are ever released, how do they then cope with suddenly having free will again? Is it better that they remember it all? Bits and pieces? Not even realize that x period of time has passed?

Is there a point where a death no longer outweighs the suffering that could come from that same life being var'ed?
>>
>>143213965
Cringe.
>>
>>143220358
DELETE THIS
>>
>>143221276
Var isn't curable, that person during very emotional scene in his life looses himself and kills his beloved ones. These people have a crappy future if you even can call it a future.
>>
>>143213965

What is the 'thing about Harmony Gold'?
>>
>>143214612
>fish people are fine with them
>implying

They sure looked angry and impotent to do shit last episode.
>>
>b-but nuns did nothing wrong

Central Government/Earthshits always fuck up in Macross when they appear. They were the reason why the Zents glassed Earth too, because they were fucking retarded. Bad guys in Zero. Incompetent idiots in 7 which led to the creation of NUN as we know it. In Frontier, the main NUN guy was still portrayed as the bad guy when you counter it with SMS. NUN special force of central government was the final villain in that vita game not so long ago.
>>
>>143215632
Var is biological/chemical (note that many Geneva banned methods are not lethal) warfare, going by modern moral standards its just as bad as conventional methods of war, if not worse.
>>
>>143221276
Cat guy is a bad example because he got a happy ending.
>>
>>143223197
NUNG cares about them and evacuates in case something goes wrong.
And it's Windermerians who are going to attack Ragna. If not for them fish people would live happily in their houses.
>>
>>143223437
>going by modern moral standards

That doesn't mean shit to an alien planet, anon kun. They regard it as better than death and bloodshed by their conversation in the show. Your standards shouldn't apply to them.
>>
>>143223517
>NUNG cares about them and evacuates in case something goes wrong.

That wasn't the NUG. It was Chaos. NUG didn't give two fucks about them, violated their autonomous government with arbitrary decisions and only informed them after the fact.
>>
>>143223481
wouldn't he have just been var'ed again when the song of the wind started hitting multiple planets?

var doesn't seem to be a once-and-immune thing.

He may have been the only given example in a 30 minute episode and gotten a happy ending, but they didn't exactly free anyone besides him.
>>
>let's blow up protoculture ruins even if we don't know the consequences!

How many sealed universal or galaxy level threats do these dumb fuckers have to release until they learn to not touch those ruins?
>>
>>143223775
>wouldn't he have just been var'ed again when the song of the wind started hitting multiple planets?
Yes, he would get Var'ed again. Var has no cure.
>>
>>143223481
>Cat guy is a bad example because he got a happy ending.
Are you sure about it? Heinz song or intense emotion and he would be in Var mode again. There is no cure for it.
>>
>>143223886
I'm sure about it. I bet ten bucks we'll have a cutscene with him and his kids happily ever after in the final credits.
>>
PREVIEW WHEN
>>
>>143223618
>That wasn't the NUG. It was Chaos.
There is no source for your claim. You just pulled it from your ass.

>NUG didn't give two fucks about them, violated their autonomous government with arbitrary decisions and only informed them after the fact.
There is no source for your claim. You just pulled it from your ass. They didn't ask Chaos and why should they?

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>143224025
>NUNfag cocksucker didn't watch the episode

I should have expected it.
>>
>>143224025
words.

Anyway, I wouldn't place such huge faith in them, given their track record.

Pilots are okay though. The worst they ever get is being displayed as incompetent, but they also fly outdated gear most in most shows
>>
>>143223812
>Let's spread Var even if we don't know how to cure it!
>Let's sing into this protoculture thing even though we don't know how it works
>Let's use this super badass protoculture battleship even though we know only 60% of its capabilities.
But of course, it's completely different, right?

And destroying ruins is a threat which is obvious only for viewers because it's a very popular movie/anime trope. Obviously something bad will happen, especially with that build up. Why can't NUNS officers see it? It's like they don't watch anime at all! You are probably very fun to watch horror movies with. "Why did she go there if that bad music suddenly started playing? She will be attacked! Yeah, I knew it!"
>>
>>143223420
>Bad guys in Zero
They weren't. It was pretty fucking obvious it the Anti-UN that were as they killed innocent civilians indiscriminantly in the Mayan Island. Not to mention Shin wouldn't have joined the UN Forces if they were the ones who killed his family. The UN command maybe dicks but they aren't mass murderers.
>>
>>143224140
Officer informed Chaos and said that he didn't need Chaos' permission. He didn't say anything about Ragna government, retard.
And just in case you're complete idiot. Chaos is not Ragna's government.
>>
>NUNS/NUGfag
Literally why. Why would anyone want to be a fag for them.
>>
>>143223775
>wouldn't he have just been var'ed again when the song of the wind started hitting multiple planets?
As soon as he got his conscious back he could escape Voldor. His VF was damaged, but he could use other means like plain civilian transport. He might be on Ranga (or Elysium) now with the rest of pilots.
>>
>>143224247
Var is already widespread before the windfags got to spread into military headquarters, so who cares.

It's not as bad as releasing Galaxy eating and time fucking Lovecraftian horrors that could be in the ruins because they keep fucking up with them.
>>
>>143224247
>Why can't NUNS officers see it? It's like they don't watch anime at all!

It would be a problem if Macross weren't actual popular fictionalization or what happened in their history. They should know that fucking with the ruins would lead to disaster unless they are the equivalent of the most ignorant americlap. They should also know by history that idols will save the day, so their actions are just absolutely retarded.
>>
>>143224285
They were both bad.
>>
>>143224635
I bet they are like Robotechdrones and only like SDF and Plus movies.
>>
>>143224697
Even in Plus, Myung's singing saved the day. I just don't fucking know why Kawamori made them not just obviously evil with its only introduced character as a huge douchebag without any positive traits, but also stupid as fuck.
>>
>>143224547
>Some people already got AIDS
>So let's infect everyone else with it because who cares
No, that's stupid logic.

>>143224635
>Military officer
>Watching some shitty historical melodrama about idols
He just has good tastes in movies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuECM8uugIM

Is this going to be for the series? I sure hope so.
>>
>>143223959
tomorrow
>>
File: m.jpg (60 KB, 580x447) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
60 KB, 580x447
>>
>>143226070
its from her audition. its from last year
>>
>>143224693
No. There's a difference being assholes and being outright bad. Not to say the UN are completely right but Anti-UN were clearly on the bad side as they don't fucking care about the lives of civilians.
>>
>>143226475
Damn. I want them to use it. Her rendition is quite good.
>>
>>143224247
You post this as if it's not an intentional thing that NUNS fucks up something or other at every given opportunity in every series
>>
>>143226070
People who sing this have a bad track record last I checked
>>
File: 51P3IgoY8JL.jpg (55 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
51P3IgoY8JL.jpg
55 KB, 500x428
What kind of legacy singer do you want senpai?
>>
>>143229791
At risk of setting off last thread's shitstorm again -- Sheryl.
>>
>>143229483
It really is the kiss of death in love triangles, but in Delta she's really the only one who can sing it if it happens.
>>
>>143222496
Harmony Gold owns the rights to the original Macross Series in the US. They repackage it under the Robotech branding.

They also use an immense amount of overreach to enforce their "copyright". To the point that they claim ownership over other Macross series they do NOT in fact have the rights to, and cockblock the importation of any and all Macross related merchandise to the US.
>>
>>143231109

I know what Harmony Gold is. I want to know what the fake news was.
>>
>>143231397
>>>/m/14389328
>>
>>143231473
I have to admit it was high quality trolling. Something I would never expect from autistic toxic shithole like /m/.
>>
>>143231109
>Harmony Gold owns the rights to the original Macross Series in the US
Harmony Gold doesn't have any rights and only have trademarks to the words "Macross" and UN Spacy" in NA and Europe. Big West already prohibited them from using the original character and mecha designs for any of their future projects. But I agree with you second statement and they overextend their trademark with their baseless claim of ownership of Macross and its distribution.
>>
>>143215390
Or they emulated Anti-UN ideologies. The Anti-UN casus belli were disputes in leadership, race and religion, and monoply of Overtechnology.

Imagine an absolute monarchy gets introduced to the concepts of democracy and human rights. This planet still runs on feudalism.
>>
>>143232331
>Big West already prohibited them from using the original character and mecha designs for any of their future projects.
Then why do they still advertise their shit using promo art with VFs and SDF characters? And how did they sue Hasbro just 3 years ago for Macross mecha designs?

They still completely own Macross SDF in US and it won't change until they get into a big and expensive trial. And I don't think Big West, Studio Nue, Satelight and Kawamori want to spend money on it.
>>
>>143232781

The thing is, if someone took their time and money and actually challenged Harmony Gold in court, they would win. It would cost a lot, but they would win.

No one has bit the bullet yet...
>>
>>143223420
>They were the reason why the Zents glassed Earth too

Um no you didn't watch SDF Macross or DYRL. Boddole Zer glassed Earth because crews under Vrlitwhai were defecting to the Miclones. Before it spreads he decides to wipe out the infection. In DYRL Zentradi destroyed Earth just because they had a former Meltrandi warship with them.
>>
>>143216253
The windies can't even claim the moral high ground on MCing to reduce casualties because they use everyone they MC as police forces, shock troops and human shields.
>>
>>143226070
Damn you Victor Entertainment
>>
>>143232781
Did you even read? I said on future projects that Harmony doesn't really have any. Why do you think all of the character designs of SDF characters are significantly different? They absolutely don't own Macross in the US and only control its distribution there through its flimsy trademarks.
>>
>>143233191
We haven't really seen them kill people though outside like episode 1
>>
Daily reminder that
UTA WA Var Syndrome
>>
>>143234788
UTA WA KAZE you pleb
>>
>>143234788
Heinz-sama a best.
>>
>>143217993
As expected of Freyjafags
>>
Will there be NTR?
>>
>>143217993
It was a Sherylfag and it proves why she is cancer
>>
>>143213449
>dies shortly after
>>
>>143213965
>they didn't laugh
Fake as fuck
>>
>>143235105
They were probably kicking themselves that they didn't design it first.
>>
>>143229791
Basara best girl
>>
File: Windermeme Spy.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Windermeme Spy.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>"Lieutenant Freyjer reporting, everything goes according to keikaku"
>>
>>143235539
>day 51 morale is at its lowest and the dancing fuckhead actually thinks he can replace the shinigami
>they still don't suspect a thing
>>
>>143235539
>Captain Hydra.jpg
>>
>>143235539
>Shinpi bitch still showing her autism
>She believed that I sing for everyone's sake and egao
>>
>>143235038
She's not, but I feel like people are really trying to get me to hate her lately
>>
Unless they have a better opening song, I'd rather they didn't replace the current one. I love hearing it with every episode. They really did well with the music in this one.
>>
>>143237905
KYUN KYUN KYUNNN
>>
Freyja > MIrage
>>
File: 1332970054466.jpg (1003 KB, 1000x1478) Image search: [Google]
1332970054466.jpg
1003 KB, 1000x1478
>>143235038
freyjashitter detected.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
Nothing really significant as expected.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3024x3024
>>
>>143238536
Why? What does it say?
>>
>>143238678
About Mirage and Hayatate and love triangle
>>
>>143238590
JUNNA!

What does it say about her then?
>>
>>143238863
what's her real name?
>>
>>143238887
I'm pretty sure they haven't given it. She's only 14/15 or so, so they're just use JUNNA for her. I think that's her stage name, not that she's done much at this stage.
>>
File: 1378700521169.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1378700521169.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>>143238951
>>
>>143233514
>Why do you think all of the character designs of SDF characters are significantly different?
Exactly the same in their very few SDF related comics. You have no idea what you are talking about. Next time do at least a minimum research instead of pulling some bullshit out of you own ass.
Idiots and newfags, I swear.
>>
>>143238863
Isn't that Asami Seto, Mirage's VA?

>>143238739
Not quite. This is what says about the triangle is is mostly bringing up Freyja's lifespan >>143238590
Drama incoming. Sheryl mk 2.
>>
>>143241001
No, that's JUNA picture, but the article is about Freyja's and Mirage's love triangle part.
>>
>>143241001
What does it say?
>>
>>143241001
But i'm pretty sure Macross Delta won't have something like 15 years time skip, so light drama at most.

Btw next episode preview
http://macross.jp/delta/story/?id=14
Wait damn official site, make up your mind, what's the actual title?
>>
It seems to me that the Windermerians are probably just Zentraedi 2.0.

Let's list:
>biologically enhanced to be super soldiers
>lacks fun pop-culture that now dominates the galaxy.
>has a wailing war song that has no lyrics.
>war-like mentality they find hard to repress.

So, prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1466739722108.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
1466739722108.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
>>143241050
What are you talking about, that's Asami Seto's picture, even the picture says so.
>>
>>143240717
Oh but that's where you're so wrong, faggot. You obviously haven't done any research at all and just getting info from buzzword and unreliable sources. Hate to break it to you but you're the idiot newfag here.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=36541
>>
File: 1466739831968.jpg (3 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
1466739831968.jpg
3 MB, 3024x3024
>>143241153
Save you guys neck.
>>
>>143241097
What a great preview.
Ragnar confirmed destroyed next episode.
>>
>>143241103
That's wrong:
Super singers too, because they bftfo everyone in singing besides the shinpi protoculture

>lacks fun pop-culture that now dominates the galaxy.
They have their own culture and civilization which isn't even war based. The majority of them are comfy apple farmers.

It does have lyrics. It's an Opera song.

>war-like mentality they find hard to repress.
They don't really have a war like mentality. Most of them aren't even fighters. They are just easily excited and get high when they are happy/invested on something due to muh runes. Like Freyja with music.
>>
>>143241067
Basically recap of first 12 episode or tell people please keep looking to future episodes., it's not like they're allow to spoiler anyway.
>>
>>143241097
Maybe it's will be a drama about singing risk Freyja's life.
>>
>>143241251
>Super singers
You mean the little shota?

He probably is pretty talented, the wind singer like they say. But it's undoubtedly the ruins he's using to cheat with that gives him the extraordinary power.

But he's getting sadder and sadder, and it's affecting his performance. So he's not that professional, is he?

Anyway, we'll see that it'll be the girls that overpower his efforts by the end. That's macross for you.

>implying he's not going to change sides by the end...
>>
>>143241190
>On October 1st, 1982, Tatsunoko Productions asked for and received the worldwide (excluding Japan) film distribution and merchandising rights from Big West as compensation for their animation assistance with SDF Macross. [...] They cannot create any new animation or movies using the SDF Macross characters and mecha because they do not have the intellectual property rights (copyrights). Comic books and videogames are excluded as these fall under the category of merchandising rights.
Why do you post a link that proves you fucking wrong?
Where exactly "all of the character designs of SDF characters are significantly different" if even according to your link they can use it in merchandise and comics (the only thing they do nowadays anyway) as much as they want?
>>
>>143241634
That's boring, let Freyja win by love(if they want her win) without external reason involve it.
>>
>>143241097
PASSIONATE DIVING

Bye Ragna!
>>
>>143242019
Chuck might loose his siblings.
>>
>>143241775
Winner need proper reason to win so if they want Freyja to win, they would pull some drama out. Mirage too, she need a proper reason and great drama story to won the bowl.
>>
>>143242019
Mikumo passionately dives naked into Ragna's sea to defuse the nuclear bomb and to save her former home (protoculture ruins).

>>143242059
>Winner need proper reason to win
What about "Freyja loves Hayate" and Hayate loves Freyja"? Seems a good enough reason for me.
>>
>>143242137
>Hayate loves Freyja
As a little sister
>>
>>143242019
That's the problem.
>純情
>激情

Which one? way different means.
>>
>>143241684
>However a recent Japanese ruling states that Tatsunoko, the Japanese company that originally sold the Macross license to Harmony Gold, did not own the Macross license in the first place and was never in any position to sell that license to Harmony Gold. According to the ruling Big West, the original creators of Macross, own the international rights. Based on this ruling Big West has obtained an injuction barring Harmony Gold from selling or licensing further Macross merchandise.
It doesn't prove me wrong, asshat. In fact it enforces it. If you bothered to check Shadow Chronicles, Rick Hunter doesn't look anything close to how was in Macross. None of mecha used were even there and they're all Legios fighters from Mosepeada. Heck that can't even mention the word 'Zentradi' and just use the word 'alien' instead.

Also Tatsunoko lost all claims to the Macross IP to Big West in Japan's court making Harmony Gold's distribution rights to Macross completely void. All they have are their fucking trademarks.
>>
>>143242168
>純情
title
>激情
description

I would say we are getting both versions.
>>
>>143242281
Nah both are title, i assume the official site admin fucked up again, it's not like that's first time.
>>
>>143242155
Oh comeon, he already wink at her.
>>
>>143242331
Whatever is the right title, it implies something really emotional like innocent people getting destroyed.
>>
>>143242397
>It's mercat-sensei
>>
>>143242448
And his girlfriend too?
>>
>>143242370
Alto winked at Ranka
>>
>>143242510
Anyone but mercat please. I already suffering enough from best boi dying. ;_;
>>
>>143242448
NO
>>
>>143241103
Biologically enhanced but their society isn't militant, it's shown to be mostly agricultural. Probably feudal too.

>lacks fun pop-culture that now dominates the galaxy
Different culture than the rest of the galaxy, but they obviously have their own shit like Wind Singers.

Not confirmed to be Windermerean war song. Freyja also didn't recognize the tune, so it's not in their popular culture.

>war-like mentality they find hard to repress
They don't have it, like I said before they're mostly farmers. Their runes show emotion in general and are used for communication.
>>
It's clear that someone is dying this episode.
>>
>>143242625
>its a Delta Platoon getting destroyed episode again
>its a Windermere kept absurdly strong episode again
>>
>>143242625
Well, with Hayate hesitating to kill Bogue when he had the chance, something needs to kick his ass into action.

Joking. I don't think Hayate will kill anyone else in this macross. He'll always just shoot wings and shit. Like a dipshit.
>>
>>143242556
キラッ?
>>
>>143242704
Mienai Sorani Tsubasa Chigireruuuuu
>>
>>143241103
They are the opposite of war like. Something made they really pissed off to wage war.
>>
>>143242155
He doesn't treat her like a sister. He treats Mirage more like a little brother, though.
>>
>>143242448
>>143242510
Just kill off the Delta Squadron and Chuck's siblings, but don't touch the mercats.
>>
>>143242851
I think Arad might not survive this episode. Makina's special pack for suicidal attacks.
>>
>>143242914
I think its a bit too early for another pilot from Delta platoon to die.
>>
>>143242851
It will destroy Mirage's mind if more any Delta squad KIA again since this is her first mission as vice leader, unless she's the one going MIA in episode 13(pretty sure this won't happen though).
>>
>>143242801
The other parts of the interview from Kawamori talked about this a bit. I'll scan them later.
>>
>>143242184
>Shadow Chronicles
Maybe because it's a fucking direct continuation of Mosepeada? It's hard to use SDF characters there. And Rick Hunter is old as fuck there of course he looks not as young Hikaru. What about other character designS because you clearly used plural in original post: >>143233514. Oh wait, HG still uses SDF characters in their comic books till this fucking day and sells SDF mechas as toys. Just google it.

>Also Tatsunoko lost all claims to the Macross IP to Big West in Japan's court making Harmony Gold's distribution rights to Macross completely void. All they have are their fucking trademarks.
Japanese court ruling doesn't make them void automatically, you still need to revoke them in US court. That's why HG still can send C&D for Macross mecha designs to Hasbro and Battletech 5 years after Big West - Tatsunoko court settlement.
>>
>>143243010
It's a Hayate/Mirage beach episode
>>
>>143243010
Arda already gave Delta Platoon to her.
>>
>>143243124
Swimsuits? What about Freyja? What about Mikumo?
>>
>>143242704
>I don't think Hayate will kill anyone else in this macross
Because there is no one else left to kill. You can't kill Knights because of merchandise and stuff. The rest of his enemies are mind controlled NUNS pilots and they are good guys. The only hope is that there will be more Bellri-like windermerians for Hayate to kill.
>>
>>143243124
>It's a Hayate/Mirage beach episode
Could be. They can't instantly fold back to Ranga so they decide to spend the rest of the day on Al-Shahal beaches waiting for fold drives to charge. In the end the name of episode is "passionate diving".
>>
>>143243208
>The rest of his enemies are mind controlled NUNS pilots

NUNS didn't send reinforcements just a pretentious asshole and his nukes. They are CHAOS pilots.
>>
>>143243124
>It's a Keith/Mirage beach episode

Only way the Windies don't assraped Delta.
>>
>>143243124
>>143243010
Passionate diving may indicate they are trying to dive underwater to avoid the bombs being set off. That's all.
>>
>>143243305
>Keith/Mirage

Found the Freyjafag
>>
>>143243280
What is NUNS good for
>ordered a zentradi to nuke stupid sexy chlore and her stupid sexy zentradi self
>made the incredibly jobby JAMMINGU BIRDO
>Come to nuke the Vajra Queen AFTER Alto comes to UNDERSTANDING
>send a team to nuke a spot on the planet

I half want windermere to finish the brsingr cluster so they can go fuck the NUNS with sinister hijab man
>>
>>143243480
If I ship Bogue/Freyja will I become Miragefag?
>>
>>143243605
only if it means you're shipping them so mirage can win something, like an out-of-nowhere promotion
>>
>>143243582
My problem with Windies is that they aren't folding to Earth and glassing those assholes instead of fucking around with the neighboring planets.
>>
>>143243480
Not at all. Keith's the only hope for Mirage to actually develop.
>>
>>143243700
that'd end poorly for them
>>
>>143243700
well it's somewhat clear that windermere is looking to build up its forces like the protodeviln needed some puppets to run around sucking up spiritia
>>
>>143243753
They don't really give a fuck about the galaxy at large, they just want their sandbox to be left alone.
>>
>>143243582
>Come to nuke the Vajra Queen AFTER Alto comes to UNDERSTANDING
This is why I hate them. They are the reason for the unnecessary drama at the end of Frontier movies.
>>
>>143243827
movie was already filled with unneccessary drama to brim, so it certainly didn't need more of it
>>
>>143243886
It was just over the top bullshit to end it like that after Alto got the Vajra Queen on his side. It shows NUNS have their heads up their ass too. It's not like they did important shit. Brera took down Galaxy himself, Alto and the girls got the Vajra into understanding.
>>
>>143243791
>they just want their sandbox to be left alone.
>their
Nazi much? Why the fuck is it THEIR? They should just fuck off to their planet and never touch anyone else.
And if they hate earthlings so much they should also stop using all the wonderful technologies humans provided and get back to medieval times.

>>143243827
Also came to UNDERSTANDING just few minutes before NUNS attack. How the fuck should have NUNS known that?
>>
>>143243940
This. They showed up to drop big guns and fuck with the happy ending.

If hadn't been for the Vajra Queen. Alto would have died.
>>
>>143243951
>And if they hate earthlings so much they should also stop using all the wonderful technologies humans provided and get back to medieval times.

They aren't using NUN technology. It's anti NUN provided technology according to Newtype. That's why the model is different.
>>
>>143243951
>How the fuck should have NUNS known that

It pretty much shows they were unnecessary fodder. Alto, Brera, Shery, Ai-kunl and Ranka were the real heroes with all SMS.
>>
>>143243940
>>143243962
Have you watched the movie? NUNS folded in, saw a huge alien attacking imigration fleet with sevreal million people on board. What were they supposed to do? AntiNUNfags are desperate.

>>143243987
Drakens? OK, they can leave it. What about electricity, computes, spaceships and even fucking toilet paper because I'm sure windniggers were not wiping their asses before they met immigration fleet.
>>
>>143244015
Brera is absolute shit.

In the original series, he openly attacked Alto when he was unknown to them.

Then he magically gets a pass because he turns out to be a major of the Galaxy fleet. Well big deal. He should've been locked away for his shit.

I don't recognise him as a hero at all. He's just an asshat.
>>
anyone have a link to that page that was talking about delta 1-12 being broadcast on youtube?
>>
>>143244149
http://macross.jp/delta/movie062426/

Also http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=24+june+21:00+tokyo+time+to+my+local+time
>>
>>143244137
Are you talking about the movies? Because we're talking about them. NUNS didn't dramatically interfered in Frontier show.

Movie Brera soloed Macross Galaxy after he broke mind control: he blew himself up and a Macross. NUNS did absolute shit except trying to kill Alto and the Vajra Queen, causing Sheryl to faint and fall into a coma by the shock.
>>
>>143244172
sankyuu~
>>
>>143244091
>What about electricity, computes, spaceships and even fucking toilet paper because I'm sure windniggers were not wiping their asses before they met immigration fleet.

They have original protoculture ship right now. They have all of that.
>>
>>143244091
You're still grasping NUNfag. NUN is responsible for doing absolutely shit except causing trouble in Frontier. They nearly kill the MC, cause the main heroine to fall into a coma, and ruin everyone's hard earned happy ending.
>>
>>143244211
Huh. Yeah, I haven't watched the movies yet. Maybe I should watch them and then comment. But Brera from the TV show is an ass. Sounds like they changed him a bit in the the movie edition.
>>
>>143244137
Brera seemed to have become Alto's friend in the movies until Galaxy put a virus in him and brainwashed him under his control (Macross FF tie in manga that happens between the movies has how they become rivals but also best friends). Alto never gave up on Brera and asked him to fight the control during their last battle. He breaks free and blew himself up with Galaxy, freeing the Vajra Queen so Sheryl, Ranka and Alto could reach her.

Looks like Alto's best friend is death flagged. Michel in the show, Brera in the movie. He's alive in Macross shoujo manga continuity and dating Ranka.
>>
>>143244246
>They have all of that.
But, they're only making progress in understanding protoculture tech because they've outsourced it to someone else. Meaning, they're actually pretty dumb in terms of technology.

But what really surprises me is how they're fucking able to pay for all they seemly have. Apple farmers. OK. But how the fuck are they able to build an arm of top-spec fighting mechs then?

There's a lot that doesn't make sense in this series. Or, there's a lot that you're asked to just overlook. I'm pretty sure they should have been the underdogs in this. But it's the opposite.
>>
>>143244246
>They have original protoculture ship right now. They have all of that.
It's not clear whether they found it before or after human contact and if they would be able to find it without human technologies. Also they would definitely would not be able to use any of protoculture ship's technologies without all human scientific knowledge.
>>
>>143244246
So why were they still middle age peasants before the emigration fleet came?
>>
>>143244401
>But what really surprises me is how they're fucking able to pay for all they seemly have. Apple farmers. OK. But how the fuck are they able to build an arm of top-spec fighting mechs then?
When immigration fleet landed on planet they obviously got all technology and infrastructure for free because windniggers could not offer anything except for land and pussies of their women. Humans probably built all the mines, factories and research centers using resources of immigration fleet.
Then windniggers took that all and told humans to fuck off by nuking themselves. Now they should have everything to make drakens on their own using all those factories.
>>
File: do you remember love.jpg (142 KB, 707x1078) Image search: [Google]
do you remember love.jpg
142 KB, 707x1078
>>143244316
Brera becomes an antagonist in the second movie because Galaxy takes over him. But he and Alto fight together side by side in the end of the movie and they have a friendly rivalry (he's introduced as Sheryl's bodyguard). They seemed in a good relationship in the second movie before he gets hijacked by Galaxy (they don't have many scenes together unfortunately before he's brainwashed). Grace is also on Sheryl's side, because unlike tv Grace, she doesn't reset her system and purges herself of her memories of Sheryl (Grace loved Sheryl, but she had to delete those memories to get with the program). Macross Fortissimo covers the months between the movies and Brera becomes Alto's best friend (Michel is a minor character here, he survives in the movies).

In the third continuity, Sheryl Kiss in the Galaxy which is a shoujo manga sponsored by Kawamori, Brera is also introduced as a brainwashed enemy first before he breaks free. Alto and he are pretty close and fight side by side many times. It's less of a triangle and more of a OT4 with two couples (Brera and Ranka are implied as nonblood siblings and seemly dating: this was actually Kawamori's plan since the beginning but never came around to not make Brera her real brother in other continuities). Sheryl's shoujo manga is meant to be a third canon which gives fans all they want. Klan and Michel also live. Pic related.
>>
>>143244448
>>143244409
>>143244401

Roid dig it out. Roid wasn't even born when the Megaroad appeared.
>>
>>143244574
I'm sure Roid dug it out with a shovel like a true windermerian and not using filthy automatic machines of earthlings.
>>
>>143244551
Neat. I'll probably look at these things when I have a bit more time.
>>
File: 18693256.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
18693256.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1800
>>143244316
>hasn't watched the frontier movies

Please watch them. They are amazing. Alto, Ranka and Brera are more likable. Sheryl's great as usual. Grace ends up betraying Galaxy for Sheryl. It's really good when one realizes Grace loved Sheryl as her daughter but she had her feelings deleted.
>>
File: what could have been.jpg (150 KB, 703x1024) Image search: [Google]
what could have been.jpg
150 KB, 703x1024
>>143244975
Sheryl manga is silly but it's really good after the melodramatic movies that have an ambiguous ending. We needed it. Kawamori gave it to us. Brera is a pretty cool character, but he was out of focus because Kawamori feared it'll just mess with the focus of the triangle. Because he always wanted him to end up with Ranka, but ended up changing him from childhood friend to brother to not upset the otaku. But in Japan, Ranka/Brera was such a popular pairing (most popular after Alto/Sheryl - Ranka/Alto was never as popular, Ranka fanbase wanted her with Brera), he made it sure would happen at least in one continuity.
>>
>>143244992
i thought they were awful. well the first one was ok, the second was awful. You seem to just like it because its a huge sheryl wank
>>
Can anyone translate the PV summary? It's already out on the official site but still no images yet.
>>
>>143245081
I liked Sheryl more in the show. I loved them because it was a visual eye candy.
>>
>>143245096
>Flagship Shiguru = Valence of Windermere, led by Guramia King himself, approaching the planet Laguna. Freya, which has jumped out to the countryside chasing a dream, Mirage was to be entrusted with the aide-de-camp of Δ platoon and it is beginning to feel a purpose in life to fly Hayate,. And what they Nikki grasp Some of the fight to protect the second home Laguna -
You can figure it out from google translate.
>>
>>143245147
Protect Ragna and mercats.
>>
>>143245147
>Some of the fight to protect the second home Laguna -

RIP RAGNA.

(Laguna is probably the right translation: it's lake in spanish and all the fishes are brown).
>>
>>143245209
>Laguna is probably the right translation
nah, it's ragna, it was blatantly shown in that 3D galaxy map thingy
>>
>>143245096
>>143245147
yeah, that's pretty much what it says... very little in other words.
>>
>>143245248
deathflag for King Gramia
>>
>>143245265
KIIIIIING
KIIIIIING
KINGU GRAMIA
>>
Delta is using norse mythology naming convention. And Ragna makes me think of Ragnarök, which doesn't bode well for it. Also remember, this is a show for japanese people by japanese people, so the name ラグナ have an additional hidden meaning of laguna, is just a bonus to them
>>
>>143244316
Movies are by Kawamori himself. Tv show was Yoshino's script.

A lot of Freyja and Hayate relationship seem to be a lighter and younger Alto and Sheryl: they gave each other dreams and inspiration to be a singer/pilot (as children), they have a special fold connection which buffs Alto sometimes, Sheryl knows she's dying/is suspected to be a spy of Galaxy drama, etc.
>>
RIP RAGNA.

I hope Mercat sensei made it to that shelter and they left Shitrule behind.
>>
>>143245239
Japanese don't always get the right romanization for terms. Also, l and r sound the same to them. Officially it's probably Ragna. But it doesn't mean it's right.
>>
>>143245096
Title starts with 純情

グラミア王みずから率いるウィンダミアの旗艦シグル=バレンスが、惑星ラグナに迫る。夢を追いかけ田舎を飛び出してきたフレイア、Δ小隊の副官を任されることになったミラージュ、そして飛ぶことに生きがいを感じ始めているハヤテ。第二の故郷ラグナを守る戦いのなかに彼らが掴みとるものとは――<br />
>>
>>143245296
>Delta is using norse mythology naming convention. And Ragna makes me think of Ragnarök, which doesn't bode well for it.

You're right. It's fucked.
>>
>>143245147
>And what they Nikki grasp Some of the fight to protect the second home Laguna -

this one is the only one google can't really grasp

>The thing, that they grasp in the middle of the battle to protect their second home Ragna, is

and then it cuts off
>>
I've told you that Ragna is fucked.
>>
>>143245361
RIP
I
P

Middle cour already. They'll got to suffer a even more tragic loss.
>>
>>143245349
shit, if ragna really explode is this gonna be the darkest macross yet?
>>
What if Ragna is healed by the end even if its bombed or lost? ;_; It was one of my favorite places. FUCK Kawamori.
>>
>>143245401
Ragna won't explode, at most it'll have the same cool looking asshole as Windermere is for the shocking "twist" that someone nuked the Windies' ruins.
>>
>>143245338
>純情
its 激情 . the former means pure heart, or self sacrificing devotion. The latter is violent emotion, passion, fury. Strong emotion with negative connotation. The second word is Diving in katakana

>Windermere's flagship Sigur Valens lead by King Gramia himself is approaching planet Ragna. Freyja who escaped from a rural area to chase her dreams, Mirage who was entrusted as adjutant for Delta squad, and Hayate who has started to feel like has something to live for in flying. The thing, that they grasp in the middle of the battle to protect their second home Ragna, is
>>
>>143245519
>pure heart, or self sacrificing devotion
Freyja?
>>
>>143245543
Freyja's pure heart girl but it's not her in my opinion.
>>
>>143245338

Led by King Gramia, the Windermere flagship Sigur Valens approaches Ragna. Freyja, who fled the countryside to pursue her dreams; Mirage, who has been entrusted with leading the Delta squad; and Hayate, who for the first time feels flying is his true calling. While fighting to protect their adopted home planet Ragna, they manage to obtain something.
>>
>>143245543
純情 was what that person mistakenly had said was in the title. The correct word is 激情, which is the violent emotion word
>>
>>143245519
>激情
Yes, you right. I copied the wrong word.
The emotion is anger.
>>
So is Walkure the only tactical idol group on this damn system or what?
>>
>>143245702
Yes? Fold receptor people aren't growing on trees exactly
>>
Let me guess, the 1st home is Alfheim.
>>
>>143245702

You'd think someone with a little money would start a business pimping out idol bodyguards for rich people scared of Var, but I assume Walkure was enough up until the start of the series.
>>
>>143245867
the fold receptors stuff was kept as some sort of trade secret.
I mean, we even got kids thinking that the "magic" come from the song itself.
and the people who auditioned was kept in the dark too, they never knew that walkure was searching for people with fold receptors.
>>
>>143245866
The first home is where they were originally from. Neither Freyja, Mirage or Hayate are Ragnan natives. Thus its their second home.
>>
Chaos must be making a mint in their protection racket. If they're OK with losing fighter after fighter, and still have money with getting replacements for them, that must be how it is. Pretty sweet when you think about it.
>>
>>143245866
Only Messer is known to be from that planet.
>>
>>143245998
it's just Lady M making good use of that money from selling walkure's single
>>
>>143245519
>>143245338
Feels like just a summary of first 12 episode and what will they face in upcoming episode.
>>
>>143246133
It's gonna be a battle heavy episode, and its pretty much given something big is gonna happen, but they can't exactly reveal that. Its like they couldn't reveal anything about Messer in episode 10's preview
>>
File: old-and-busted.jpg (374 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
old-and-busted.jpg
374 KB, 1400x1000
KANAME IS MINE! MINEEE!
>>
>>143246313
t. Jellyfish Messer
>>
>>143246313
Messer, calm down!
>>
>>143246068
I wonder if Lady M lives on the macross, or somewhere else? Probably she's on the macross and we'll get to see her at some point.
>>
File: 3KZJq3G.jpg (535 KB, 2340x1654) Image search: [Google]
3KZJq3G.jpg
535 KB, 2340x1654
>>
File: fn29K1g.jpg (661 KB, 2340x1654) Image search: [Google]
fn29K1g.jpg
661 KB, 2340x1654
>>143246522
>>
>>143246522
>>143246553
What magazine is this from?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.