[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this series only popular in japan? There are plenty of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Why is this series only popular in japan? There are plenty of good reasons for something to be unappealing outside of their own culture, but this has none of those reasons.
>>
Fujoshits
>>
>>143185816
I was told not to watch this by a friend. I liked it, it was rushed but it was good.
>>
>>143185901
How could you consider something with that non-ending good? What was even good about it?
>>
>>143186138
F-fuck you, I liked it?
>>
>>143186138
If I had to judge a series entirely on the ending, I'd be unable to enjoy anything Gainax or Bones.
>>
>>143185816
It's shit.
>>
It's common knowledge that Japan has shit taste
>>
>>143185816
The anime isn't popular anywhere. The songs are only popular in Japan because no one gives a shit about vocaloid series outside of Japan.
>>
>>143185816
Because the only semi-decent thing about it was a song that came out years before the anime.
>>
>>143185816
The series is not popular in Japan either, just the franchise (cards, songs, merchandise), but not the series
>>
>>143185816
it's absolute dogshit fucking garbage where nothing makes sense and absolutely nothing happens
>>
>>143186932
>being unable to understand a story this simple
Someone here might have cognitive issues.
>>
>>143185867
There's nothing fujoshit about this series.
>>
>>143187005
But girls like it. Yuck.
>>
>>143186932
We're talking about Mekakucity, not Kiznaiver
>>
>>143186995
I didn't say I didn't understand it, dumbass.
>>
I didn't watch it but from sales threads at the time a lot of people were saying this should have been a big seller.

Did Shaft drop the ball with this or did they not have much to work with?
>>
>>143187629
It was Aniplex's fuckup. The light novels are very popular(2nd highest sales by volume for three years), but the material available at the time wasn't enough to make an anime unless it was done in a very specific way. They DIDN'T do it that way because somebody, probably a clueless businessman somewhere, wanted it to more effectively advertise the other material of the name.

If this anime was done right, nobody who didn't look up the info beforehand would have known it had anything to do with music. The story is in such a way that you could potentially fit it to any amount of time, but doing so REQUIRES compromise in terms of what big large swaths of plot you leave out. Every little arch is its own island that can potentially be expanded massively, but trying to get every little island just makes a mess.

The ending in particular was fucked horribly because the writer needed to give us a "true" ending that wasn't really the true ending. Stating how it ends without completing it.
>>
>>143185816
>tfw kagerou project fandom is dead
>anime was 2 years early as I can see it go well with undertale because they share similarities
>>
>>143190063
u wot m8
>>
>>143190063
They have literally nothing in common, except maybe that they both have a huge Tumblr following. This is coming from someone who has watched and played both of them.
>>
File: NIRVANA.jpg (273 KB, 1400x600) Image search: [Google]
NIRVANA.jpg
273 KB, 1400x600
It's not like Jin isn't doing anything anymore. He's working on a new manga that released its first chapter last week, and the next kagerou daze LN comes out on August 29th. Which will introduce "a new character who may not be right to call a new character".
>>
>>143185816
Because its the ultimate example of style over substance, also songs that tell stories arent as popular if they need subtitles. Looses some of the impact.
>>
>>143191636
>Because its the ultimate example of style over substance
But it's literally the opposite.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.