[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Satoshi Kon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Satoshi_Kon_Movies.jpg (1 MB, 804x1200) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi_Kon_Movies.jpg
1 MB, 804x1200
We all know Paranoia Agent is his undisputed masterpiece, but which of his films is the best in his body of work? I personally loved Tokyo Godfather as it is so simple, yet magically heartwarming.
>>
Paranoia Agent is his worst work. He does well with a movie format. But give him 13 episodes and it turns to shit.
>>
>>143119221
Although I agree that Paranoia Agent is not as great as his films are it is far from being shit

And OP I think Millenium Actress portraits his ability as a director and storyteller better than any other of his works
>>
Perfect Blue is the best
>>
It depends on what you're looking for, really.

Perfect Blue is definitely his most raw piece, and it shows with the amount of layers of "is this a dream, or is this reality" that he puts in. I don't think the narrative is super great with the manager being insane, but other than that it's great.
Paprika is probably his most visually impressive film, just being able to play with the absurdity of the dreamworld and everything attached to it. It has an improved sound direction, and really takes advantage of the medium. Ending comes out of nowhere so I have to knock it for that.
Millennium Actress is I think his most complete film that is unmistakably Kon. His playing with time and jump cuts, while inserting the director and camera guy are just really clever and well done.
I think Tokyo Godfathers is my favorite of his films, but it doesn't quite have that thumbprint of his on it. I think it has the best story and narrative flow, but at the same time he definitely pulls back on the more artsy fartsy technical stuff that he's known for (which makes it more approachable on a general level), but it feels like so many other people could have made it.

And as always:
Every Frame a Painting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
>>
>>143118488
Millenium Actress> Paprika> Tokyo Godfathers> Perfect Blue> Paranoia Agent
But that's just like my opinion
>>
>>143119635
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
I pretty much watch this video every single time I see it get posted. I love this shit.
>>
>>143119635
Fuck, why did he had to die ;_;
>>
Dream Machine literally never.
>>
>>143118488
Tokyo Godfathers is my favorite Christmas movie ever!
>>
File: dream_machine.jpg (51 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
dream_machine.jpg
51 KB, 1280x688
>>143120215
Question:
If, by some alignment of the stars, it does get made, will /a/ cheer it on, or will we be total faggots saying, "It's not REALLY TRULY Satoshi Kon, it's just a cash-grab bastardization".
>>
>>143120652
Both
>>
>>143120698
And all of them will be right, It most likely would be a great film because Kon had already started it and had most of it planned out but it still wouldn't be a true Kon film because I don't think anyone on Madhouse/MAPPA would be able to fulfill his vision or mimic his style
>>
>>143118488

Which of his manga could work as feature films? I'd like to see Tropic of the Sea done by Ghibli.
>>
Millennium Actress my top choice.
>>
>>143120165
Millenium Actress match cut > Paprika OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHzlOrEYDHY
>>
>>143120235

Watching it once a year on Christmas eve has been aight two years in a row now.

I hope I don't get bored of it at this rate.
>>
>>143118488
Perfect Blue is his masterpiece, Paranoia Agent is his magnum opus
>>
>>143121200
What's the difference?
>>
>>143121111
I just don't know man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0v-NuudQw
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.