[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KLK > TTGL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1435694576440.jpg (436 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1435694576440.jpg
436 KB, 1000x666
KLK > TTGL

Watched the both of them recently, and while both went to shit after the first half, TTGL went even more to shit. Way too many Deus ex machinas, Spiral shouldn't have been able to have defeated the anti-Spirals , and for some reason all the character deaths were all condensed into one episode. TTGL got too over the top and nonsensical in the end. KLK suffers from the same problems as TTGL, but not as intensely.
>>
Both of them are just kinda average.

Look great, sound great, lot of action, some great characters, but they both manage to completely waste all of that by not living up to their initial potential.
>>
File: 1460840236198.jpg (30 KB, 374x350) Image search: [Google]
1460840236198.jpg
30 KB, 374x350
Both of them pale in comparison to Imaishi's true masterpiece, Space Patrol Luluco.
>>
Regarding characters and colors it's clearly KlK > TTGL for me but the rest is TTGL > KlK.
>>
>>143008124
KLK was inconsistent trash
Any other gainax anime>TTLG>>>>>>KLK
>>
I kinda enjoyed KlK but it was a permanent wait for the hype TTGL caused for me but the hype I was waiting for never happened. The fights and animation were lame too.
>>
>Way too many Deus ex machinas
>too over the top and nonsensical

To be fair, this is literally what you signed up for.
>>
>>143008124
Yeah I sure loved the episode they meet Kittan, or the one where they went into a bath house.
The 4 generals were so great and interesting.
The first half of TTGL was so much better that the second where they actually follow a structured plot and conflicts don't resolve after 2 episodes.

>>143008252
>Look great, sound great, lot of action, some great characters
>just kinda average
>>
>>143009770
In my opinion, TTGL went too. Stupid is fun and cool when it's grounded in reality, but teleporting, self repairing, self moving giant robots crosses the line into full blown stupid.
That's why I loved Ryuuko vs Satsuki. It was a match of pure strength and Ryuuko rightfully lost.
>>
>>143009966
>too
too far*
>>
>>143009966
you never watch a super robo anime before?
>>
>>143009966
But it's grounded in reality, the reality of TTGLs world.
It's fiction anon, being "unrealistic" doesn't make it bad and if you don't like it for that, it's not an issue with the show.
>>
>>143010042
Tons of it. From Combattler V, Voltes V, the Getter Robo manga, to Mazinger Shougeki Z hen.

>>143010130
I specifically meant our reality. That's the problem I had with it. Having these completely broken abilities kind of ruins the allure of being stupid and reckless.
>>
File: lagann_mecha.jpg (35 KB, 302x257) Image search: [Google]
lagann_mecha.jpg
35 KB, 302x257
>>143010257
he only did teleporting and self repairing thing once or twice and also the self repairing was temporally after the fight was over it went back to being damaged. plus KLK had some overpowered shit ryuko has healing power like wolverine's healing factor which is more overpowered than temporally repairing yourself.

by the way KLK is shit
>>
>there are faggots out there who think klk>ttgl
>>
KLK's second half > TTGL's first half > TTGL's second half > KLK's first half
>>
>female TTGL is better than male TTGL because anime girls
Wow surprising. Only unironic faggots or fujoshits enjoy the homolust bait that was TTGL.
>>
>>143010890
Not that KLK didn't go retarded as well in the later half (Ryuuko was practically invincible be the end of the series) but those moments I mentioned were mostly part of key moments in TTGL. Episode 11 in particular, Lagann moved on its own when Simon was stuck underground. I didn't feel like Simon overcame some huge hurdle, in fact I felt like the general got cheated.
>>
TTGL is mediocre especially when better over the top robos exist like Diebuster but not for the reasons you speak of.
If TTGL wasn't over the top and only half assed it all the asspulls would've bothered me more.

The fact that I expected asspulls actually made me more excited to see what shit would happen next.
If it was more grounded the sudden shit would've pissed me off more because I wouldn't be anticipating it.
>>
>>143009412
The fuck, TTGL is one of the most inconsistent anime I've seen, a mix of great arcs with others that were pure trash.
>>
>>143008124
KLK is only better because Satsuki was hot as fuck and Nonon was a miracle
>>
File: reality_in_fiction.jpg (226 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reality_in_fiction.jpg
226 KB, 1280x720
>>143009966
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.