[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NGE Episode 9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (78 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
78 KB, 500x279
How do you think the events in episode 09 of Evangelion affected Shinji and Asuka's relationship? In particular, do you see any development between them after this episode that wasn't present beforehand? Explain your interpretations and observations.
>>
It establishes their whole dynamic before everything starts tumbling down. It is also the comfiest Asuka has been domestically since she was 3 and that is sad as hell.
>>
>>142998452
Dunno, I have never watched Evangelion
>>
File: 09064.jpg (131 KB, 816x900) Image search: [Google]
09064.jpg
131 KB, 816x900
>>142998452
Shinji and Asuka had the most boring dynamic in the entire show.
Every episode focusing on them was uninteresting filler, fortunately there weren't too many as Asuka was relegated to a background prop like 5 episodes after her introduction. She really dragged the show down.
>>
>>143001871

I think that's intentional. For dysfunctional people like them, a rom-com relationship is the closest they can come to being normal teenagers.
>>
>>143001871
It is approximately as cute, most of the difference is Rei not knowing what to do where Asuka does it wrong.
>>
>>143002242
It was boring and generic.
Evangelion is great, but it would have been even better if Asuka never existed. She brought nothing new to the table that couldn't have been accomplished by other characters.
>>
>>143002363
>nothing new to the table that couldn't have been accomplished by other characters
This could be said for every character ever. As that is the nature of fiction. In practice any character could hypothetically accomplish any task in the story.

That said, Asuka's role in the story was to challenge Shinji to grow as a character. As she was constantly trying to force him out of comfort zone and get better.
>>
>>143002503
>As she was constantly trying to force him out of comfort zone and get better.
No she wasn't you fanwanking retard. She made him feel worse and more insecure about himself, making him regress from his progress hanging out with actual positive people like Misato, Rei, Toji, and Kensuke.
She is a fucking cancer on his character growth.

Her episodes are objectively the worst and most boring part of the serious, and that should tell you something.
>>
>>143002562
You're clearly not a sane or rational person, so this will be my last reply to you.

Character development is not "hugs and kisses, u did so good, here's a cookie". Character development comes from trails and obstacles that force you to grow. It's the competition.

>part of the serious
The irony is that you you just called me retarded. Work on your spelling.

>that should tell you something
That you're arbitrarily giving labels to things without explaining them.
>>
>>143002708
>beating Shinji up like a landwhale trailer trash pig is supposed to make him grow
Fucking Asukafags. Kill yourselves like your transvestite waifu.
>>
>>143002503
And it's done first and best in episode 9 with the Wall of Jericho.
>>
File: gross.png (229 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
229 KB, 500x375
>>143002779
Asuka is about as entertaining as a wall, so yeah.
>>
>>142998452
Probably the biggest hint that no durable relation can happen between them.
>>
>>143003577
Just like every Asukafag's parents
>>
>>143001871
>Shinji and Asuka had the most boring dynamic in the entire show
>two people who want to kill each other yet don't actively try to do it
How disappointing.
>Every episode focusing on them was uninteresting filler
The first one was fun filler. The rest was just retarded.

The good thing about Rei is that since Anno didn't give a shit about her, he didn't drag her through a loop of filler crap. The quality of the show literally skyrockets when the Asuka filler arc ends.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.