[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree he's the worst MC, right? >Wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: deku.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
deku.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
So we can all agree he's the worst MC, right?

>Wanted to be a hero, yet never trained or put any effort into his body before All Might promised him his OP quirk in return
>Even though he now have one of the strongest quirks around, he never trains with it or is shown practicing if a teacher doesn't ask him to, lazy piece of shit
>Has barely made any progress with OfA since Full Cowl
>Keep hurting himself like an emo 14 year old instead of training and working so it doesn't happen anymore
>Despite being shit tiers at using his own quirk, he tells people how to use their own
>Supposedly very smart for combining different quirks, yet in the majority (if not all) of the times it happened, it was used to make an human sled, boring
>Shit-tiers costume. The rabbit ears are retarded. The costume full of pouches (for what? What does he actually need so many pouches for) is in a disgusting color. Only salvageable part is the bottom part of the helmet
>More spaghetti toward girls than a pasta chief
>Actually considered revealing his friend's position to AfO when he first appeared, probably dooming all of them to death had Iida not stopped him
>Thought he knew better than the heroes and went to rescue Kacchan, only survived because of typical bullshit plot armor.

The manga is 6/10 but Deku really bring the whole thing down. I know Dekufags have a tendency to get defensive and shitpost thread they don't like to death, so save yourself some time and either don't respond or argument your point of view.
>>
He still keeps up his training routine, he has to contain it eventually.
How will he train his quirk then, tell us.
>>
If anything, Full Cowl is too much of a power-up already

I'd rather watch Touma or Hei putting powered faggots in their place
>>
File: 1462252868346.jpg (75 KB, 643x820) Image search: [Google]
1462252868346.jpg
75 KB, 643x820
>>142972792
Make it shorter or fuck off.
>>
Anon. He's supposed to be a Simon-type character. With All Might dead, this is where he'll truly shine like how Simon was fully fleshed out when Kamina died.
>>
>>142972792
Wait, it never gets better in the manga? So there's no point in even bothering with the anime?
>>
>>142972792
>Thought he knew better than the heroes and went to rescue Kacchan, only survived because of typical bullshit plot armor.

>he followed the rules and stayed out of the fight
>successfully got kacchan away from the enemy with master plan
>didn't even destroy his body
>>
File: results of my solo training.jpg (46 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
results of my solo training.jpg
46 KB, 625x351
>>
>>142973025
No, it does, he actually starts to control it and does do some routine between school activities.
OPs just being a delusional, chapter skimming, cock gurgling, attention whore.
>>
Shitpost/10
>>
File: img000021.png (191 KB, 847x1250) Image search: [Google]
img000021.png
191 KB, 847x1250
Post best girl.
>>
>>142973025
In the manga he is just starting too control it, but like the last/current ichigo/bleach arc, he rarely fights or uses it because the spotlight isn't on him for a long time
>>
>>142973025
It gets better OP is on drugs.
>>
>>142972792
Pouches are an ancient superhero tradition.
>>
>Wanted to be a hero, yet never trained or put any effort into his body before All Might promised him his OP quirk in return
Nice bait next time make it more convincing.
>>
>>142973633
Go ahead then, tell me how I'm wrong. I see there's a few autists already circlejerking without backing up their claims.
>>
>>142973712
>>142973968
>>
>>142972792
What is his motivation to become an hero?
He never speak about justice or equality, the only thing he talks about is how cool All Might is.
Is he an attention whore?
He want to be the best hero in the world so everyone can look at him?
The main character is actually pretty badly written.
>>
>>142974045
Then I forgot the part of the manga before All Might told him about One for All where we saw him training. Care to post it to refresh my memory?
>>
File: 1454738732019.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1454738732019.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>MFW villains seem like good guys to me now
They have even more interesting characters with more development. Especially the hand guy (forgot his name). I´m gonna be really disapointed if they completely lost (which will happen). It just wouldn´t feel right. For the first time I found antagonist that has actually cool ideology and isn´t just hurrrrr I´m evil villain for no reason
>>
He probably is, he's fucking useless and an idiot.

>>142973025
Nope, he's just now starting to kinda control it but is the same usual faggot anyway.

>>142973712
He ran around creeping on heroes and taking notes, that's all. He didn't train for shit before All Might told him to.
>>
>>142974231
aporia had a pretty good reason, synchros destroyed the world.
>>
File: captcha.png (335 KB, 402x603) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
335 KB, 402x603
>>142973480
which one?
>>
>>142974330
what? I don´t remember these two names. Who the fuck are they
>>
>>142974350
Everyone
>>
>>142974373
yugioh
>>
> He is the top in majority of the yaoi doujins only > bc he is the main character and its makes no >sense since he is an ultimate beta
Why?
>>
>>142972792
Chapter 2.

>Even though he now have one of the strongest quirks around, he never trains with it or is shown practicing if a teacher doesn't ask him to, lazy piece of shit
So you want more training arcs and a sudden shonen powerup

>Keep hurting himself like an emo 14 year old instead of training and working so it doesn't happen anymore
>Despite being shit tiers at using his own quirk, he tells people how to use their own
Its not his quirk, I know you are a speedreader, but quirks are natural things only to someone who borns with them.

>Shit-tiers costume. The rabbit ears are retarded. The costume full of pouches (for what? What does he actually need so many pouches for) is in a disgusting color. Only salvageable part is the bottom part of the helmet
It is his mother's feelings in the costume, if your mother doesnt care about you is not our problem.
>>
>>142972792
Fuck off Kacchan
>>
>>142972792
Izuku character isn't all about that cliche hard work and determination if you want that shit go read Naruto or Trash Clover

Deku is different from your typical shonen main characters he might not have the most charismatic personality but Deku is unique in his own way. First of all he uses his brain unlike your generic autistic shonen protagonist. Deku has one of the best character developments in all of shonen and he'll keep on growing and maturing from a weak wimpy kid to a manly badass. Like him or not Deku is one of the best main protagonists you could wish for.
>>
>>142973480
Engie girl best girl
>>
>>142974924
>First of all he uses his brain
>there are people on /a/ that really believe this

You might be really really stupid anon, but Deku hasn't shown anything past what any average human being would be able to do when it comes to thinking.

>Like him or not Deku is one of the best main protagonists you could wish for.

Seems you're in the vast minority thinking this, ratings speak for themselves.
>>
>>142972792
In general, I'm tired of crybaby, underdog protagonist.
It's the same formula every time. He will get underestimated all the time (despite having great feats) and it will cost the villains to lose constantly. He will also somehow surpass everyone older and more experienced than him. Every underdog story ever. It's a simple, generic story to write.

Characters like Gintoki and Kenshin Himura are much harder to write and extremely more entertaining to watch. They're chill, experienced and strong. And when they beat other characters, it doesn't seem to be "because he's the MC". They're just simply powerful.
Hell, even Nanatsu no Taizai (which is objectively a pretty generic shonen like MHA) has this type of MC.
>>
>>142974045
Yeah I'm going to assume you were talking bullshit considering your lack of sources
>>
>>142975003
>thinking the mc has anything to do with the ratings
Kek
>>
>>142975178
But NNT now has the problem that everyone except Mel and Escanor is useless and Mel fucking died 2 chapters ago. He will get revived, but now the defeat of the remaining commandments will be a giant asspull no matter what you do.
>>
File: 1441736661571.png (431 KB, 623x625) Image search: [Google]
1441736661571.png
431 KB, 623x625
>>142975178
>Characters like Gintoki and Kenshin Himura are much harder to write and extremely more entertaining to watch.
>>
>>142975178
Mel is about the least interesting character in NnT and his relationship with Elizabeth is shit.
>>
File: Popularity_Poll_1.png (892 KB, 640x463) Image search: [Google]
Popularity_Poll_1.png
892 KB, 640x463
>>142975003
>TV ratings having shit to do with popularity
Kek
>>
>>142974924
Are you seriously? Deku hasn't shown any outstanding intelligence. The mangaka tries to make him seem smart by having take notes and mutter to himself, but he hasn't thought of anything awe worthy.

You're really overestimating him and this manga.
>>
>>142975432
>Sasuke #2

Sasuga Nip shit taste
>>
File: 1464857509146.png (125 KB, 502x502) Image search: [Google]
1464857509146.png
125 KB, 502x502
>>142975178
>And when they beat other characters, it doesn't seem to be "because he's the MC". They're just simply powerful.
Go be stupid somewhere else
>>
>>142975455
Yeah, he's a quick thinker but not a genius people make him out to be but atleast he isn't brain dead like most shonen protagonists
>>
>>142975455
>>142975003
The autist is back.
>>
File: img000013.png (259 KB, 857x1250) Image search: [Google]
img000013.png
259 KB, 857x1250
>>142975467
>Comparing the healed man Todoroki to Sasugay

Sasuga retard.
>>
>>142974067
>What is his motivation to become an hero?
Literally in the first fucking chapter he says he wants to be able to save people like All Might does.
>>
>>142975178
>Characters like Gintoki and Kenshin Himura are much harder to write and extremely more entertaining to watch.
Gintoki is literally the loser protagonist and Kenshin is boring as shit
>>
>>142972792
Overall he's a fine protagonist but if I compare him to the usual shonen protagonist I think he's better and I have no idea why people want Deku to control his power so early on.
>>
>>142972792
You have incredibly poor reading comprehension and an utter lack of perception

kill yourself, my man
>>
Uchako and Katsuki NTRing deku doujinshis when
>>
>>142975339
There's no argument to back up your claims. Meliodas has never used an asspull to win a fight and it's been almost 200 chapters. It's always been a case of him simply being stronger than his opponent or him coming up with a strategy (like him separating the Ten Commandments to 1 v 2 them. Which eventually failed hard, but it took out 2 of them for good).
The other Sins will have their time. The reason the mangaka "offed" Meliodas was to focus on other characters and their development.

>>142975401
How exactly? He has a pretty intriguing backstory and his relationship with Elizabeth is quite a complicated/mysterious one due to her reincarnating multiple times.

I'm not saying Meliodas is a God-tier protagonist. But he's much better than these whiny underdogs.
>>
>>142975612
calling kenshin boring because he isn't being a loud idiot every panel.
>>
>>142975357
Unintelligent picture poster.

>>142975493
Another picture poster who doesn't actually argue or try to refute.

>>142975612
HAHAHA/ Give me reasons as to why you think Gintoki is a "loser" and Kenshin is boring. Do you actually think Deku is more entertaining than either of them?
They both objectively shit on Deku.
>>
Deku's the least interesting character. His hero motivation was nothing more than celebrity worship and a complete disregard of reality. Then he wins a lottery he didn't know existed and gets the most OP ability ever. Yay?

>>142973480

Plus, he's constantly surrounded by more interesting characters, most of whom never get any actual development.
>>
>>142975778
I didn't say Mel was creating the asspull to defeat the commandments, i said the other sins were creating them.
Like Ban 3 chapters ago. He used a technique which was never shown before or even hinted to exist. He stopped time or something like that and killed Merascylla. That is a giant asspull.
>>
>>142975818
Exactly. Guess MHAkids can't handle a mature character and an ACTUAL intelligent character.
>>
>>142975873
>>142975948
Nice generalization, shitstain. I can enjoy all three characters and their manga.
>>
>>142975946
Ban and the others Sins, though not to Meliodas's extent, are also pretty experienced and powerful.
The Ten Commandments just happen to out-do them when it comes to experience and battle. Think about it, they were raised in a time of war and chaos, just like Meliodas. Britannia today is a lot more peaceful compared to back then.

Ban is still in his 40s at the end of the day. You should expect him to know a few tricks. Especially a technique that allows him to cloak himself, I mean, he is a thief. A tech like that isn't exactly unbelievable and there was never a time where he actually needed it.
>>
>>142974350
Bottom left
>>
>>142974924
Name three shounen main characters who don't use their brain.
>>
>>142972792
He had more notes on heroes and villains and their quirks and how to act around them than any other student in a class of prodigious students before joining them. Obviously he didn't train his body much, he was more of a thinker.
The few times he's shown in his home during his free time he's often shown with weights lying around or with a dumbbell on his hand.
Full Cowl was already the last step he needed to "master" OfA, the rest is just practicing until he can get his 100% all the time.
If he didn't hurt himself he would have lost pretty much every fight. Resulting in him and other people dying.
If it works, why change it? It's an effective tactic.
His costume is supposed to be shitty.
So?
He got stressed at a moment when everyone else was frozen in fear and almost commited a mistake. Then proceeded to make a new plan that worked.
That manga's theme the entire time has been "do what's right even if it seems stupid". He did it the first chapter, he did it constantly throughout the story and he did it at the end. And every single time it worked out well, because every single time, even if he puy himself in harm's way, it was always with a plan. If at this point you still find it wierd that he would risk his life to save his friend even though it sounded like a bad idea, specially when this time it wasn't even his idea, you're just dense.

Seriously, I don't get this visceral hate some people seem to have for Deku. He's done nothing to merit that much hate, people just seem to nitpick anything that could be perceived as a flaw to justify their irrational hate.
>>
File: 1459458241320.jpg (31 KB, 724x717) Image search: [Google]
1459458241320.jpg
31 KB, 724x717
>>142975778
>He has a pretty intriguing backstory and his relationship with Elizabeth is quite a complicated/mysterious one due to her reincarnating multiple times.

Never take NnTfags seriously
>>
>>142975778
>He has a pretty intriguing backstory
He doesn't. He's a demon who betrayed his own kind for pussy. That's amount the least intriguing backstory you can give an MC.

>and his relationship with Elizabeth is quite a complicated/mysterious one due to her reincarnating multiple times.
Thanks for the laugh.

>But he's much better than these whiny underdogs
He's not. You retards need to understand what makes a compelling character first beyond him being a strong everyman because that's the sort of shit we get in LNs and we all know how great the characterization in those are.
>>
>>142976336
Luffy, Natsu, Goku, Toriko, Oga and Raku are the ones i can remember right now.
>>
>>142975778
Melodias is a filthy, boring manlet.

That said, Deku is pretty shit too.
>>
File: 1402477559334.png (309 KB, 801x997) Image search: [Google]
1402477559334.png
309 KB, 801x997
What did you expect from shounengarbage?

>mfw people actually watch/read this horse shit
>>
>>142976574
Here's your (you)
>>
File: worst.png (475 KB, 808x1080) Image search: [Google]
worst.png
475 KB, 808x1080
>>142972792
not even fucking close
>>
>>142976421
If that's what you consider me. Go ahead then. I would appreciate arguments and not just stupid one-liners with pictures, though.
>>
>>142975571
But he has no quirk so he can't be a hero, why doesn't he join the police?
Why should it matter if he become an hero or a police officer, isn't his dream just to help other people?
The truth is that Deku is an exhibitionist and the only thing he cares about is to be popular as a hero.
>>
>>142976516
>He doesn't. He's a demon who betrayed his own kind for pussy. That's amount the least intriguing backstory you can give an MC.
Where has that been stated? We literally have no idea why he betrayed the Clan. So where do you get this "he did it for pussy" claim from?

>Thanks for the laugh.
Thanks for the argument.

>He's not. You retards need to understand what makes a compelling character first beyond him being a strong everyman because that's the sort of shit we get in LNs and we all know how great the characterization in those are.
I already listed experienced/powerful heroes which shit on Deku. You complaining about OP LN characters (who are usually teenagers like Deku) doesn't help your argument.
>>
>>142976721
The police are like trash collectors. Once the heroes are done with capturing villains and saving people the police can take over and bring the villains into prison. No one calls the police in an emergency to get some police men, they call them to inform them about a problem and let them send some nearby heroes.
Deku as a police man would end up with him sitting in his office, waiting for a call to collect a villain, bring him into prison and go back into his office for the next call.
>>
>>142976377
>He had more notes on heroes and villains and their quirks and how to act around them than any other student in a class of prodigious students before joining them. Obviously he didn't train his body much, he was more of a thinker.
That's like wanting to be a mathematician and studying famous mathematicians' lives instead of studying, you know, maths.

>The few times he's shown in his home during his free time he's often shown with weights lying around or with a dumbbell on his hand.
Except I was talking about before he met All Might, don't think he was training back then

>the rest is just practicing until he can get his 100% all the time.
Which he doesn't. We never saw him practicing unless someone like Gran Torino or Tiger asks him to.

>If he didn't hurt himself he would have lost pretty much every fight. Resulting in him and other people dying.
If he trained more he could've won thoses fight without hurting himself

>His costume is supposed to be shitty.
So?

>He got stressed at a moment when everyone else was frozen in fear and almost commited a mistake.
*Yeah, he's a goddamn psycho that would've indirectely killed four kids if Iida didn't already know how much of a lunatic he is.

>"do what's right even if it seems stupid"
And yet right after you say that you say that he always have a plan (which is false btw, unless you count "I have to not die and save everyone" a plan)

I think you're deluding yourself and you haven't actually answered any of my point, but at elast you tried. If you like Deku you pretty much have bottom of the barrel tastes, and instead of acquiring better one you cry about your shit character being victimised on a mexican ballet peeping board.
>>
>>142976895
That's not true, in the manga they showed that the heroes rely a lot on the police work to gather information and to arrest the criminals.
So again, why is Deku obsessed with becoming an hero instead of a cop?
The only obvious answer is that he wants to be popular, and that's it.
>>
>>142976666

Those quads. But yeah Takumi was pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>142976883
>Where has that been stated?
Its pretty much heavily implied throughout the story that was the reason, I'll be legitimately surprised if the demons are justified in their anger but given how Elizabeth is also effected by this reincarnation cycle its obvious that something lead him to sympathize with humans because of Liz.

>Thanks for the argument.
Can't make an argument when you give no rebuttal but anyone who defends their relationship shouldn't be taken seriously or any relationship in the manga.

>I already listed experienced/powerful heroes which shit on Deku
You list two both of which goot shot down quickly by another anon and you didn't even explain why they were better just that they weren't underdogs.

>They're teenagers so they're the same

This is how retarded you sound.
>>
File: img000013 (1).png (205 KB, 862x1250) Image search: [Google]
img000013 (1).png
205 KB, 862x1250
>>142976974
The only times heroes counted on the police was when they tried to get Bakugou back. Endeavor is like a detective himself, finding out the pattern of Stain and going after him without the need of the police.
If Deku would have become a police man he would have become one of the faceless nobodies in the last panel. And who the fuck wants to read something like this?
>In a world full of superheroes i, the MC, will become a police officer because why the fuck not
>>
>>142976720
Nah, your delusions fill me up more. >>142976974
>in the manga they showed that the heroes rely a lot on the police work to gather information and to arrest the criminals.
Nope, the only police officer who does this is All Might's friend and that's mainly because he knows him personally. The police don't get any respect and are just trash pick up for the heroes something that got brought up even recently in the manga how in effective they were during the Shigaraki case
>>
>>142977144
I would read the adventure of random police officer #2156 in a world full of heroes as his diligent work ends up with more result than the heroes.

With qt police officers and villains in handcuffs.
>>
>>142976666
Quads speaking the truth
>>
>>142977144
So you are agreeing that Deku is just an attention whore?
>>
>>142973023
All Might is pretty cool and all but he isn't nearly charismatic as Kamina though.
>>
>>142977248
I think there was such a manga already. Some weak normal police officer got a new partner who was like a super special killer weapon and got super human skills. If i recall it got cancelled with less than 30 chapters and was published 3-5 years ago in WSJ.

>>142977300
No, i say that Deku as a police officer can't help anyone because he would be a trash collector who gets called after everything is already done.
>>
>>142972792
Nigger what? He has only shown to be Spaghetti around Ochako and doesn't even does it anymore, the one that gets all akward is Ochako instead now
>>
>>142976910
>That's like wanting to be a mathematician and studying famous mathematicians' lives instead of studying, you know, maths.
Except, you know, it's heroing, not mathematics. That analogy sucks, we're not talking about making operations, we're talking about fighting. Knowing who else is in the business IS a necessity.
>Except I was talking about before he met All Might, don't think he was training back then
He was a high school student, no one but the most elite of the elite or those that already had heroes in their family were training.
>Which he doesn't. We never saw him practicing unless someone like Gran Torino or Tiger asks him to.
Again, we see he trains all the time offscreen. How do you know for sure he isn't practicing? In fact, the only arc between villain fights after he got Full Cowl was the onsen arc, which WAS precisely about him practicing together with everyone else.
>If he trained more he could've won thoses fight without hurting himself
Seriously, at this point your only argument is "he never trains" even though we have more than enough evidence to think he does.
>So?
So what? It's literally a tracksuit his mother tried to make look like a superhero costume based on a scribble he made on a notebook. Of course it's gonna look shitty.
>*Yeah, he's a goddamn psycho that would've indirectely killed four kids if Iida didn't already know how much of a lunatic he is.
You have a curious definition of psycho if trying to save someone's life is what constitutes a psycho to you. He wasn't careless, he was reckless because he couldn't think clearly.
>And yet right after you say that you say that he always have a plan (which is false btw, unless you count "I have to not die and save everyone" a plan)
Go ahead and point out when has he jumped into danger without at least having a plan on how to act. There was the very first time against the slime monster which was to establish character and the very first time he got put under pressure and that's it.
>>
>>142976974
>>142977165
>literally a batman v superman debate
>>
>>142977432
Batman is a fucking billionaire
>>
>>142977248
>>142977359
Found it. It's "Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san".
Not really a police officer in a world of super heroes, but his partner is like one. Finished with 24 chapters and published from 2012-2013 in WSJ.
>>
>>142977468
>implying a billion dollars is much now a days
>>
>>142977077
>Its pretty much heavily implied throughout the story that was the reason, I'll be legitimately surprised if the demons are justified in their anger but given how Elizabeth is also effected by this reincarnation cycle its obvious that something lead him to sympathize with humans because of Liz.
We can theory craft all you want, but we still don't the story. So you flat-out claiming that he did it all for pussy is premature.

>Can't make an argument when you give no rebuttal but anyone who defends their relationship shouldn't be taken seriously or any relationship in the manga.
I wasn't necessarily defending their relationship. I just said that it fairly intriguing since it apparently has so much history and lore behind it.

>You list two both of which goot shot down quickly by another anon and you didn't even explain why they were better just that they weren't underdogs.
Are you retarded? No one shot down my argument and I briefly explained why Gintoki and Kenshin are superior. I mean, it's so obvious, do I really need to spell it out for you?
They're simply better written and entertaining due to them not having us (the audience) know exactly how everything's gonna go down. They have actual depth and development, and actual interesting backstories.
Deku is simply just another crybaby, underestimated kid who beats the shit out of adults/experienced villains with his recently obtained power. He's not even that smart either.

And I wasn't saying that Deku was the same because they're teenagers. I was saying that they share more similarities to a protag like Deku, then they do to Gin and Kenshin.
>>
>>142977359
>No, i say that Deku as a police officer can't help anyone because he would be a trash collector who gets called after everything is already done.

When did Deku said this?
I mean that the police is trash and that they are useless.
>>
File: puppy_eyes_best_waifu.jpg (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
puppy_eyes_best_waifu.jpg
26 KB, 400x300
This man proved you don't need super powers to fulfill your dreams, why couldn't Deku do it?
>>
>>142977737
All Might stole that opportunity from him.
>>
File: 041.png (161 KB, 881x1300) Image search: [Google]
041.png
161 KB, 881x1300
>>142977655
Deku didn't, everyone else did.
>>
>>142977407
>Knowing who else is in the business IS a necessity.
Knowing how to fight is THE necessity.

>no one but the most elite of the elite or those that already had heroes in their family were training.
Source on that? Some of the class A characters are pretty fucking ripped (like Tails, the hardening dude or Pikachu) and I don't recall them having a hero in their family. Plus, if Deku had no quirk and still wanted to be a hero, the logical thing would've been to train.

>we see he trains all the time offscreen.
I want you to take a look at this sentence and realize how ridiculous you're getting.

>How do you know for sure he isn't practicing?
Because there's no evolution, there is nothing suggesting that he got better at using Full Cowl. You're also forgetting the exam arc, after Stain but before the Onsen, or am I messing up the order?

>Of course it's gonna look shitty.
Yeah, no, considering there's no particularly negative reaction to it in the manga and how much it's shown in promotional materials, it's not meant to be shitty, this is just your headcanon. Even if, for the sake of this argument, we assumed that the author purposely makes it look ugly, how was this a good idea? In OPM the shitty costume provide a layer of humor in contrast to the more serious monsters, what does that brings in BnHA?

>He wasn't careless, he was reckless because he couldn't think clearly.
I fail to see the difference. he didn't care that four guys had to die to save Kacchan
>B-but circumstances
Yeah, it's almost like you judge a hero by how he acts in tense situations (this is usually the part where you're going to pull the "They're heroes-in-training" card)

>when has he jumped into danger without at least having a plan on how to act
He had no plan when he left the hospital to rescue Kacchan
He had no plan when he rescued Kouta from Fiberman.
He had no plan when he jumped to save All Might in the first villain attack.
>>
>>142977737
Because Deku belongs to generic battle shonen and not a physiological masterpiece.
>>
>>142974094
Nah, read it, it's in the first chapters.
>>
>>142976549
The first three used their brains in several fights, and I honestly don't remember the rest. I mean, come on. Luffy has several techniques he had to make up, and in several fights tried to use direct counters. Natsuu has outthought his opponents, In the most recent serious fight Goku had, he coutnered someone with time stopping abilities by leaving himself open, come on man....
>>
>>142977652
>So you flat-out claiming that he did it all for pussy is premature.
The manga has been pretty straight forward up to this point so I fail to see why that's not the case given how heavy handed its been stated thaat Liz was the reason for Mel's current outlook.
>I just said that it fairly intriguing since it apparently has so much history and lore behind it.
And I was laughing at your dumbass for believing in it.
>No one shot down my argument
>>142975612
>>142975357
>>142975401
>>142975493

>and I briefly explained why Gintoki and Kenshin are superior
You literally stated they're superior because they're entertaining which is subjective as fuck. People find Deku entertaining and people find Kenshin boring as shit so I guess there goes your dumbass argument>>142977652
>They're simply better written and entertaining due to them not having us (the audience) know exactly how everything's gonna go down.
What? Gintoki's story is laid straight out along with Kenshin fairly early on.
>. They have actual depth and development, and actual interesting backstories.
Again thanks for the laugh.
>Deku is simply just another crybaby, underestimated kid who beats the shit out of adults/experienced villains with his recently obtained power. He's not even that smart either.
Wrong on all accounts. You can at least read the manga before you spout shit

> I was saying that they share more similarities to a protag like Deku, then they do to Gin and Kenshin.
Wrong again, most LN leads are hyper competent stroing males much like Gintoki and Kenshin.
>>
>>142977876
Wrong on all accounts. Especially Natsu.
>>
>>142977792
So Deku wants to be an hero because he wants to be at the center of the action and likes the idea of inflict physical damage to the villains instead of reforming them?
>>
>>142977931
Are you pretending to be retarded or are you really brain dead?
No, Deku wants to help people and as a police officer he can't do that, because the police only gets called after everything is over and to collect the captured villains. He can't help anyone by sitting in his office and waiting for a call from a hero who has a captured villain.
>>
>>142977652
>They're simply better written and entertaining due to them not having us (the audience) know exactly how everything's gonna go down.
Gintoki and Kenshin are warn-out vagabond trying to make life anew but his past keeps cataching up to him. That is a very old and worn out story.

>Deku is simply just another crybaby, underestimated kid who beats the shit out of adults/experienced villains with his recently obtained power. He's not even that smart either.
So you're proven you've not only haven't read the manga but you're also just shitposting at this point.
>>
>>142977927
Come on, Deku isn't the first protagonist to use his brains in a fight. There's been a dozen "Genius in fighting, but dumb everywhere else" fighters since shounen manga was a thing.

Also, nice rebuttal.
>>
File: captain america police chief.jpg (106 KB, 634x439) Image search: [Google]
captain america police chief.jpg
106 KB, 634x439
>>142972792
If Midoriya never existed, who'd be the best person for All Might to give his quirk to from the UA students?
>>
>>142978060
>Deku isn't the first protagonist to use his brains in a fight
I never said that dumbass. Just pointing out that Natsu rarely if not ever uses his brain in a fight since all his fights amounts to Nakama powerups and MORE FIRE.
>>
I love how mangafags hyped BNHA as the second coming of jesus but it turned out to be worse than Naruto.
>>
>>142978093
Ojiro. Imagine him doing a 100% Smash attack by swinging his tail.
>>
>>142978093
Eijirou Kirishima
>the first one who wants to rush in to save Kacchan like Midoriya
>can make friends with Kacchan, showing he can reach out to anyone
>also looks up to another hero and models after them
>his hardening quirk would make him able to take more of All for One's power
>everytime he destroys his body with AfO his hardening quirk would get stronger, and he'd be able to use AfO more too
>would be basically invincible
>is a much more likeable main character
>>
>>142978151
I love how the trolls for this series get worse every day
>>
>>142977797
>Knowing how to fight is THE necessity.
But who's gonna teach him? The high school teacher? The friend that prefered to burn his notes and make fun of him?
>Source on that? Some of the class A characters are pretty fucking ripped (like Tails, the hardening dude or Pikachu) and I don't recall them having a hero in their family. Plus, if Deku had no quirk and still wanted to be a hero, the logical thing would've been to train.
Tails' family has a dojo, Kaminari has a quirk that's going to make him ripped whether he even wanted it or not, Pikachu isn't ripped, he's just thin.
>I want you to take a look at this sentence and realize how ridiculous you're getting.
And I want you to look at the manga but apparently that's too much to ask.
>Because there's no evolution, there is nothing suggesting that he got better at using Full Cowl. You're also forgetting the exam arc, after Stain but before the Onsen, or am I messing up the order?
Don't you remember how during the Onsen arc he could constantly use Full Cowl unless he really needed to use his 100%? And besides, I just said what he need after that is constant practice. It's not something that suddenly gets mastered, and there's no hyperbolic time chamber for him to get an edge on everyone else.
>I fail to see the difference. he didn't care that four guys had to die to save Kacchan
He didn't think of that, I literally just said they were all scared shitless and frozen in place, what makes you think his exact thought was "You know what, let's get everyone killed just because". Seriously, that you even think he just considered letting everyone die shows that you aren't even paying attention.
>He had no plan when ...
Yes they did. They were going to sneak around, see if they could get an opportunity, and have Iida and Momo pull them out if they got caught.
So what? He should just have left Kouta die?
From his perspective, it was either jump in to save him, or watch him die and then consequently everyone else die.
>>
>>142978027
You are trying to defend the character by saying that he thinks that the police are bunch of retarded.
You don't seem to have a clear idea of what you are talking about.
>>
>>142978093
Hagakure

>Invisible OFA user
>Superior physical stats confirmed so she would be able to handle the power
>Nobody could see her, only the results of her work, so she'd literally be a Symbol of Peace
>>
>>142974350
hinata
>>
>>142972792
>who is Takumi, that edgelord from tokyo ghoul, that guy from not jojo i mean diesel i mean big order or like 20k other examples
>>
>>142978110
The problem is, you made a claim, that generic autistic shonen protaganists don't use their brain. Which is...wrong, and you went from that they don't use their brain, to the ones I named don't use their brain, to Natsu rarely uses his brain. It isn't as unique as you're trying to make it...
>>
>>142978251
Brain dead it is.
>>
>>142978272
>that generic autistic shonen protaganists don't use their brain.
>Which is...wrong,
Its not, the examples you used is just proof of that. Fucking Natsu? Really? You could have used fucking Gon and maybe people would have taken you seriously.
>>
>>142978253
>invisible girl

wew lad. I don't think that'd make for a very good storyline when we can't see the MC facial expressions.
>>
>>142978303
You haven't explained me why it's OK for the main character to have such a detrimental opinion of people who are doing their best to help everyone.
>>
>>142978341
I said to name three, you named one, and even that example occasionally used brains in battle. Also, you brought up Natsu....
>>
>>142978378
Really, brain dead.
I never said that Deku thinks this way of the police, because he doesn't, but everyone fucking else does. Even the police thinks they are the joke of the hero society, which you could see in the picture i posted here >>142977792 if you could read.
>>
>>142978250
>But who's gonna teach him?
... A teacher? How do you hink people learn to fight?

>Tails' family has a dojo, Kaminari has a quirk that's going to make him ripped whether he even wanted it or not
A dojo isn't a hero thing and source on Kaminari's quirk making him ripped. His quirk's visual effect is clearly different.

>And I want you to look at the manga but apparently that's too much to ask.
Nice deflection.

>Don't you remember how during the Onsen arc he could constantly use Full Cowl unless he really needed to use his 100%
Yeah, how was this different than when he was fighting Stain?

>Seriously, that you even think he just considered letting everyone die shows that you aren't even paying attention.
Doesn't matter what he thought (or didn't), bottom-line is, he was about to get four kids (plus him) killed. Real hero material.

>Yes they did. They were going to sneak around, see if they could get an opportunity, and have Iida and Momo pull them out if they got caught.
Oh yeah, this is a REAL plan.
>So what? He should just have left Kouta die?
>From his perspective, it was either jump in to save him, or watch him die and then consequently everyone else die.
And? You asked me when he jumped without a plan, I gave you an answer, you're going to change the goalpost now?

I apologize for the relative short length of my post, but since you ignored half my points I figure I'd stop trying to respond to all of yours.
>>
>>142977895
>The manga has been pretty straight forward up to this point so I fail to see why that's not the case given how heavy handed its been stated thaat Liz was the reason for Mel's current outlook.
It really hasn't. By your logic, we could've just assumed that Gowther was a simple doll and not once part of the Ten Commandments, who knew Meliodas 3000 years ago. We can also assume that the demons are 100% bad and the Goddess are in no shape in form shady (even though the horn gave Ban such a grim request).

>And I was laughing at your dumbass for believing in it.
Yet you didn't gave me a reason why their relationship is "bad". You just said that it was.
And those 4 idiots didn't even give me an argument, so why are you acting like they said something meaningful? 2 of them literally posted pictures with edgy one-liners. Yeah, they owned me right? Grow up. MHAkids are so cancerous.

>You literally stated they're superior because they're entertaining which is subjective as fuck. People find Deku entertaining and people find Kenshin boring as shit
This isn't objective. Kenshin shits on Deku and that's a fact. He's may be boring to MHAkids because he's not constantly yelling about nakama, crying and try to be smart.
He's an objectively well written characters with tons of development and depth. Deku is your typical shonen protagonist.

>What? Gintoki's story is laid straight out along with Kenshin fairly early on
Fucking illiterate. Gin's backstory has been a mystery through-out most of the manga.
How exactly was it laid out for us? And you ignored my general argument too. I was saying that they weren't predictable like Deku.

>Again thanks for the laugh
Not an argument, buddy. Is this what MHAkids really do? Comical.

>Wrong on all accounts. You can at least read the manga before you spout shit
Deku is a crybaby, fact. Deku recently obtained his qurik and defeats experienced villains (like the muscle guy), fact. Where am I wrong?
>>
>>142977895
>Wrong again, most LN leads are hyper competent stroing males much like Gintoki and Kenshin
No, they're OP teenagers with plot armor, no depth and are boring. Much like Deku.
>>
>>142978435
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>142978058
Both Kenshin's and Gin's stories are different. Besides, unlike underdog stories, that type of story doesn't make it to where we know what's gonna happen.

Deku is a kid who beats villains with his recently obtained power, is he not? And tat's not necessarily "bad", but it is cheesy and lame.
Maybe I'm the only one ever who enjoys seeing an experienced protag fighting other experienced villains.
>>
>>142978461
You are talking as if Deku is the only one in the world without quirk, but he's not, there are in fact millions of people in the world like him.
The police should be what everyone without a quirk should do. But not Deku, and the reason is that he really wants to die figthing and beating the shit out of villains, because his self esteem is so big that he can't let anyone else in the world help people. He wants to be the one they congratulate once they are saved and he wants to be at the center of attention like All Might.
He could be a doctor or a cop, but instead his dream is to be in front of the cameras and smiles, because for him this is the only way to be someone important.
>>
File: 20160604190401.png (162 KB, 442x416) Image search: [Google]
20160604190401.png
162 KB, 442x416
>>142972792
Oh, a "Shit, No Hero..." thread again.
>>
>>142978527
>It really hasn't.
It really has. And all you're doing is writing fanfiction with no basis then proving a point.
>Yet you didn't gave me a reason why their relationship is "bad
Just how you said its good just because
>And those 4 idiots didn't even give me an argument
No they just said you're full of shit so obvious people don't think Gintoki and Kenshin are more enetertaining or well written like you're implying

> Kenshin shits on Deku and that's a fact
>objectively
Don't even have to read the rest of your post to know not to take you seriously.

>Gin's backstory has been a mystery through-out most of the manga.
No it hasn't. It's pretty much been detailed tp who he was but what hasn't been shown is the compounds of the Jou War whioch was recently shown. We know all there is about Gin in the beginning. Did you even read the manga?

>Not an argument
Don't care. Its just your baseless opinion anyways not objective fact.
>Deku is a crybaby, fact
Nope
>Deku recently obtained his qurik and defeats experienced villains (like the muscle guy), fact.
Yep like Shigaraki and Stain right?
>>142978566
>OP teenagers with plot armor, no depth and are boring.
Change teenagers to adults and you got Kenshin and Gin
>>
File: bnha-final-chaper-1.jpg (385 KB, 600x1696) Image search: [Google]
bnha-final-chaper-1.jpg
385 KB, 600x1696
OMG, I don't know how it happened but someone leaked some sketches with the FINAL chapters of BNHA,
part 1
>>
File: bnha-final-chaper-2.jpg (713 KB, 600x3392) Image search: [Google]
bnha-final-chaper-2.jpg
713 KB, 600x3392
>>142978853
part 2
>>
>>142978746
>Both Kenshin's and Gin's stories are different.
Nope the basis of both is based on classic vagabound stories the only difference is that Kenshin was married at one point in his life.

> unlike underdog stories, that type of story doesn't make it to where we know what's gonna happen.
No actually it does because I just explained it.
>Maybe I'm the only one ever who enjoys seeing an experienced protag fighting other experienced villains.
That's just as chessy and lame and yes given how popular underdog stories are and how they make up the basis of most shounen you are.
>>
>>142972792
Kill yourself
>>
>>142978757
I don't understand why you bother to write all this fucking trash. He saw a video clip of All Might bringing hope and saving people. He wants to be exactly like that. That's it, there's no other implication to it.
>>
>>142978808
>It really has. And all you're doing is writing fanfiction with no basis then proving a point
What I said was factual. Are you literally retarded? So Gowther wasn't part of the Ten Commadnments then? The mangaka is lying and his manga is a fan fiction I guess.

>Just how you said its good just because
I said it fairly intriguing due to the possible history and lore behind it. But apparently you can't read.

>No they just said you're full of shit so obvious people don't think Gintoki and Kenshin are more enetertaining or well written like you're implying
>This kid actually thinks Kenshin and Gintoki aren't well written
The only reason people aren't embarrassing you right now for typing something so laughably stupid, is because this is a MHA thread and people with good taste probably hid the thread.

>Don't even have to read the rest of your post to know not to take you seriously
If you refuse to read the opposing argument, then you basically automatically lose. And yes, it objective that Kenshin is a better character and it always will be.

>We know all there is about Gin in the beginning
We didn't know about Jou War though, which Gin's past basically revolves around.

>Nope
So Deku isn't a crybaby? Okay.

>Yep like Shigaraki and Stain right?
Stain was the only good "villain" so far and Shiggy is the main villain . The rest are sad and pathetic.

>Change teenagers to adults and you got Kenshin and Gin
If you want to ignore the fact that they have development and actual character, then yeah.

Since you keep denying facts and refuse to give me any arguments, I'll just end it here.
>>
>>142978974
His obsession with All Might is legit, but it's not pure.
Deku is someone who has been brainwashed by media in believing that what he's seeing on the screen is the best way of doing things.
Despite society is giving him other options, he's forced by the subliminal messages to worship heroes.
This pushes him to do suicidal actions in order to accomplish what he has been order by the media to do.
All Might giving him powers is the final nail in the coffin on his complete merge with the heroes hivemind.
>>
File: 1465995993612.jpg (39 KB, 416x554) Image search: [Google]
1465995993612.jpg
39 KB, 416x554
>>
>>142979471
>What I said was factual.
No its not. All you're doing is putting words in people's mouths with bullshit because you have no argument.
>I said it fairly intriguing due to the possible history and lore behind it
And I called you a dumbass for believing that and you still having even explained why that's the case other than because

>The only reason people aren't embarrassing you right now for typing something so laughably stupid...

When you can't prove a point insult his typing.

>If you refuse to read the opposing argument, then you basically automatically lose
Nah, this aint a competition because nothing you say is true and there's nothing to gain by not taking you seriously.

>it objective
There's that word again

>We didn't know about Jou War though
We actually do. The compounds of the war isn't important its how it changed Gintoki's character forever.
> which Gin's past basically revolves around.
Nope his past revolves around his sensei the war itself isn't important its what came about Sensei's involvement in the war and how its come back in the present that shook him.

>If you want to ignore the fact that they have development and actual character, then yeah.

Because you say so? Okay

>facts
There's that word again
>>
OCHAKO MAKES CAM VIDEOS FOR MONEY
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1023x1460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1023x1460
>>142973480
>>
>>142974350
Bottom left
>>
>>142979625
Nice headcanon
>>
>>142975545
>that bottom little panel

it's the small things
>>
File: 1463785942465.jpg (78 KB, 800x627) Image search: [Google]
1463785942465.jpg
78 KB, 800x627
>>142972792
>So we can all agree he's the worst MC, right?
No.

Stop trying to pass your minority opinions off as facts.
>>
For starters Kenshin isn't a fucking underdog and there are only several people stronger than him. Fuck off. I dont watch Gintama but I assume Gintoki is the same
>>
Best Shonen protagonist in forever
>>
>>142983445
Yeah, Gintoki loses quite a bit.
>>
>>142974924
Nice bait.
>>
>>142975930

Really would have liked him to go the tech hero route.

He just had to have the requirements for OfA.

>no quirk (already a rare genetic anomaly)
>that near suicidal selflessness that AM was looking for at just the right time

Just wish they'd punish characters more for going down the 'generic hero' route of being suicidal manics meaning to do good but ultimately just jeopardizing themselves or forcing others to act as well (which in turn may not be suitable for the situation, so it keeps escalating until rescue) then coming out of it with either a power up or without a decent reprimand.

It wants to play at the 'realism' of heroics as a day job but doesn't go the full distance.
>>
File: Earing_Jacks.png (183 KB, 694x335) Image search: [Google]
Earing_Jacks.png
183 KB, 694x335
>>142976239
>>142980361
Nice
>>
>>142974350
They are all bad.
>>
>>142972970
Fucking how?
>>
>>142980929

Not that guy, but it fits.

>utterly obsessed with heroes
>doesn't even fucking consider going another route in the 'I want to save people' dream job
>doesn't have magic to enable him to be on the front lines, even then magic doesn't outright mean you have a suitable magic to be a front line combatant
>just gets gifted OfA because of suicidal tendencies just at the right time as AM is needing a successor

Had AM not been there to save him he'd be dead. Had he not been gifted OfA he'd probably die soon after on the next instance of him attempting to help.

As a fucking muggle he is insane and obsessed with a lifestyle he can't have. Kid really needed some help to move on, but plot be that his insanity, obsessions, delusions of grandeur and inadequacy are rewarded instead of guiding him to a lifestyle that fits his skillset.
>>
File: Shinsou.jpg (276 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Shinsou.jpg
276 KB, 600x600
Wouldn't he just be like Gon if he trained and fixed all his problems.

Maybe the author wants Deku to bust his body to smithereens to save someone.

Yeah this is true to be fair, But this might be due to the fact the author giving everyone equal amount of time shown instead of solely focusing on the MC.
>>
I don't see how deku can be anywhere near the worst protag when you have MCs like tsuna
>>
>>142977144
What does "it would make a shit manga" have to do with Deku's either disingenuous motivations or his lack of pursuing his supposed dream to help people in a realistic manner?
>>
I don't mind Deku's training, aside from him getting pseudo control just from 2-3 days of training with Full Cowl.

It's just annoying how they make him become the voice of reason at any given time.
>>
>>142986439
Tsuna is my nigga dawg. Ending is shit though
>>
>>142978253
>>142978253

What's with her anyway?

Permanently invisible and naked. Wouldn't she be cold as fuck at all times, no clothing based armour either.

Can she be seen by IR/NV or any other spectrum?
>>
>>142986598
But his motives aren't really disingenuous I don't feel. At worst they're kind of naive and he's easily star struck but he obviously has a good heart. As for not realistically helping people he's essentially been the cripple kid of his class and constantly confronted with the fact he's kind of inferior in the face of quirks either through derision or pity. When given a situation where no one else could or would help he pushed through his limitations.
>>
File: bnha cop 1.png (66 KB, 425x258) Image search: [Google]
bnha cop 1.png
66 KB, 425x258
Wonderful a Shitposting thread
>>
>>142977573
I remember that shit being awful with a cute main heroine being the only thing it had going for it, but goddamn son dat Kiruko-san.
>>
>>142975178
>He will get underestimated all the time (despite having great feats) and it will cost the villains to lose constantly.
Stopped reading there. Go read the tournament arc again.
>>
File: 1466077678491.jpg (74 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
1466077678491.jpg
74 KB, 599x563
>>142980274
Man, I wanna fuck her on that table.
>>
File: bnha cop 3.png (103 KB, 480x230) Image search: [Google]
bnha cop 3.png
103 KB, 480x230
>>142975178
>>
>>142986268
So you're saying Deku is the saner Shonen Jump version of Shirou?
>>
>>142978251
Even the police officers themselves point out that they're fucking useless. Trying to argue otherwise just makes you look illiterate or retarded. They don't save people.
>>
File: sxlNVT5.png (365 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
sxlNVT5.png
365 KB, 500x650
This is probably one of my favourite series but i'm not gonna bother trying to defend it, if you think it's shit and should literally be cancelled then I can't stop you from stating your opinion and i'm not gonna argue with you on it. I'm just happy the series has gotten a lot bigger than the days I started reading it when it was only really on chapter 20.
>>
>>142989371

I guess so.

Shirou had delusions of grandeur for various reasons but at least had joke tier magic to start with, not that it excuses his outlook or end goal. To note he technically and canonically does die 40 or so times in the VN alone. But has a similar 'taking the suicidal option works out better' half of the time at least.

What is the canon answer to Shirou NOT going through HGW and thus gaining better control/use of magic? Does he just randomly die trying to save people in a fire or something. Always felt like he'd somehow involve himself in magic far above his knowledge level and die for it.
>>
>>142989371
Pretty much, though he is dangerously close
>>
>>142972792
don't care, I only care about him for the porn he gets.

He's just like Shinji in the fact that it's nice watching him get railed in the ass.
>>
>>142974350
bottom left
>>
File: 1427598073087.png (697 KB, 1600x971) Image search: [Google]
1427598073087.png
697 KB, 1600x971
>>142985819
I would have really liked something like pic related.
>>
>>142972792
I would have preferred Bakugou as the MC, and Midoriya as main girl
>>
>>142991457
A hot headed MC, not like we've seen that a thousand times
>>
>>142972792
Shu from Guilty Crown and that kid from valverave
>>
>>142991760
But what about a hot head MC who's an elitist borderline sociopath who thinks he's hot shit until he gets blown the fuck out at the first day of school?
>>
>>142990653
I think he'd still become a hero and die the same way, even if he didn't participate in the HGW. Going Hero Mercenary like Kerry just seems tied to his Fate.
>>
File: 56917506_p1.png (464 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
56917506_p1.png
464 KB, 1000x1000
>>142972792
I don't know. I always avoided BnHA a some time ago because I used to not like his design. Colored haired protagonists always looked bad but he kinda grow on me. I also like his character development.
>>
>>142985819
Being quirkless isn't a requirement for OfA as far as we know. Only Toshinori and Izuku are completely quirkless as far as we know.

And for that matter, unless he went full Tony Stark, he'd have Batman's level of plot armor.

All Might didn't say he couldn't become a hero without a quirk because of it being impossible, he was saying that due to his own personal experience being quirkless and then going up against threats with one.
>>
>>142991303

What really bother me and ends up being a huge tell is that the admission exam was just a couple of months after finishing school and he wasn't even training by that point, I would expect him to push himself like a madman if his ambition were that great to begin with; is as if he was expecting a miracle all this time; when hes talking with the adgy orphan kid he remembers he was trying to breath fire or use telekinesis as a kid, instead of using his fuking head, accepting he had no quirk and becoming a great scientist / inventor and making a retarded super-hero suit like any other human being with delusions of grandeur, check iron-man or metal-knight from OPM.
>>
>>142972792
Is this bait?
>>
>>142993332
Because he's just a five year old who realized he can't fit in in society.
>>
>>142975545

I remember seeing the costume design breakdown for Momo, but I don't recall seeing anything about her keeping food on her person for emergency refuels.

Definitely is something she should do, if lipids are what she converts into different forms of matter she should be carrying around little yogurt packets or something.
>>
>>142972792
He's a stu that Hori tried to make look pathetic and yes he not training for years despite his dream make him a faggot. Ojiro for MC.
>>
No matter who the mc was you would all be whining
>>
>>142991760
Because your beta nerd MC is something rare?
>>
>>142993332
>>142994155
Grapes hadn't been training and he got in. Same could be said for Uraraka, she doesn't seem particularly built, but they both have strong quirks. Deku was still under a whole "I know I'll never be a hero but I'll study them anyway" mantra out of sheer admiration, if he didn't have a quirk there was no point to training, what changed everything around were All Might's words of inspiration and him giving him One for All. He was expecting a miracle, which is why he felt like he cheated at the end of the training and why he had nothing to say to Shinsou at the tournament. He's blessed and he knows it.
>>
>>142994951
>if he didn't have a quirk there was no point to training
It's bullshit. The others have quirks unlike him so how would he maximize his chances? With muscle training. Are you saying he was expecting All Might to come and give him is quirk? Like he is aware of his MC status?
>>
>>142995298
How are you so fucking thick? Are you being retarded on purpose? Did you not get that Izuku, after being shat on his entire life for being quirkless, didn't really believe he could be a hero and that was why he had that big crying fit when All Might told him he could even before he knew about OfA? It's not a difficult concept.
>>
>>142994347
Yeah in shonen
>>
File: 201606180553211dc.jpg (47 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
201606180553211dc.jpg
47 KB, 520x390
Um what the fuck? Apparently there are going to be 14 episodes.
>>
File: 1423526533291.png (660 KB, 800x1129) Image search: [Google]
1423526533291.png
660 KB, 800x1129
>>142973480
>Hatsume will never ask you to let her make babies for you
Why live
>>
>>142995563
>didn't really believe he could be a hero
And yet he was trying? You are the one being retarded. He never gave up on his dream, even his mom said that. But he was trying anyway, and instead of training all he was doing was taking otaku notes and play hero at school when he met All Might who told him at first that he could not be a hero. That's where he had really started to give up, read the manga properly.
>>
>>142996239
>And yet he was trying?
Going through the motions would be more accurate. He never gave up on his dream but he also thought it was unattainable, never actually expected he could do it.

Maybe you should go and re-read the manga.
>>
>>142996553
>never actually expected he could do it
No that's not it. He had low self confidence, all he wanted was someone to tell him that he could do it.
>>
>>142996657
>No that's not it.
I disagree.
>>
>>142974094
>deku writing all those notebooks
>>
>>142995989
so it's gonna end when the sports festival begins?
that's one terrible way to end the anime
>>
>>142974296
You're acting like doing regular ass muscle training was gonna help him beat the shit out of robots.
>>
>>142996943
Well we thought for months now that it was only going to be 13.
>>
File: 1464483724279.png (268 KB, 599x667) Image search: [Google]
1464483724279.png
268 KB, 599x667
>>142972792
well besides you being a faggit i can gather you either barely watch anime or are just autistic if you think hes a contender for worst mc
>>
>>142972792
m-muh madman
>>
File: Not Looking Hard Enough.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Not Looking Hard Enough.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>142972792
>Worst MC

You really are not looking hard enough.
>>
File: bilde.jpg (27 KB, 342x441) Image search: [Google]
bilde.jpg
27 KB, 342x441
>>142996013
Sauce? googlefu not working
>>
>>142995989

Really hope it's not an anime-original ending
>>
>>142997253
>Hestiafag
No wonder you think Deku is a good MC. You have shit taste.
>>
>>142972792
He looks like the MC in Eyeshield 21
>>
>>142972792
emo child? really?
Every shonen protag injures themselves with their power.
Might as well call Goku emo for using Kioken
>>
>>142998065
Oh no. Oh god no.
Oh god please, NO.
>>
File: 1463164867178.jpg (93 KB, 1024x1011) Image search: [Google]
1463164867178.jpg
93 KB, 1024x1011
>>142974350
go frog or go home
>>
File: implying.jpg (66 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
66 KB, 601x601
>>142999753
>Kioken
>>
>>143000266
Qt
>>
>>142974350
mandalay > pixie-bob
>>
>>142994155
You are also stu. Stupid
>>
>>143000177
maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be a plot hook for season 2 (tournament - Stain)?

I mean it'd be nice if they hyped AFO this early
>>
>>142974350
Middle column
>>
DEKU COSTUME IS DUMB

D U M B
U
M
B
>>
>>142972970
Yeah, because negation power isn't already one of the most broken piece of crap to exist
>>
File: 24.png (368 KB, 966x1400) Image search: [Google]
24.png
368 KB, 966x1400
>>142992030
So, you basically want Veritas.
>>
>>142992030
https://youtu.be/-3uXACK16L8
>>
File: cute.png (1 MB, 900x1260) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
1 MB, 900x1260
>>
>>142996915
That's not training, that's just him doing researches on his passion.

Good for him but if he wanted to be a hero he would've put his work elsewhere.
>>
File: Cgu69xDU4AMUuHS.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cgu69xDU4AMUuHS.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>>143005951
The bestest!
>>
>>143003149
Pixie-Bob seems like she'd be the most eager Pussycat in bed.
>>
>>143006129
she wants to get married
>>
>>143007868
and she'd keep her husband satisfied
>>
File: netjpsjrL71qcit8zo1.png (117 KB, 660x480) Image search: [Google]
netjpsjrL71qcit8zo1.png
117 KB, 660x480
I want to cuddle with Deku and watch him blush the deepest red from this level of affection
>>
File: 0012-005.jpg (225 KB, 904x1300) Image search: [Google]
0012-005.jpg
225 KB, 904x1300
>>142974350
>the best isn't on there
What a fuck-up in life you are.
>>
>>143010060
eraserhead?
>>
they just combined too many of the stereotypical MC aspects with nothing to focus on

>oh he's just a smart kid who uses his observational skills to outwit the opponent
>uh but he also has the greatest quirk known to man with super strength and super speed!
>but also he is really tenacious because those things hurt him and he can really rough it out!!
>but despite his inherent gifts he is also a natural leader when the situation calls for it!!!
it just makes him so boring
>>
>>143010182
NHA news girl.
>>
>>142972792
Yep, I fully agree.
>>
>>142972792
Nope, I completely disagree.
>>
>>143012178
How does it feel to be wrong?
>>
>>143012237
How does it feel to be wrong?
>>
>>143010278
>Also a nerd obsessed with heroes
That's clearly making him /a/: The MC
>>
File: bait in 1080p.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bait in 1080p.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
>>142972792
You make a few valid points but you sound like a faggot.
>>
>>142972792
The only person in the series that worked for their quirk is All Might. Shimura Nana pretty much says as much. Everyone else was just born with it and kinda rolled along. There are probably a few exceptions like Endeavor, but that's out of the ordinary.

As for him not training hard enough, you can only get so strong in a short period of time, regardless of how much he trains. All Might is built like a brick shithouse. There is no way Deku could get strong enough to contain One for All in the short period he has been at Yuuei. They'd have to pull some Hyperbolic Time Chamber nonsense for that to happen.
>>
>>143012365
Best Jeanist was said to have achieved his power through hard training. AFO said his quark would have been worthless otherwise.
That's kinda high praise, when you think about it.
>>
>>142973340
>OP explains his thoughts in a reasonable manner
>cuck gurgling attention whore

Excellent analysis anon-kun
>>
>>142972792
>He studied heroics constantly preparing for hero work
>You didn't read the Stain arc did you?
>Because the main character needs powerups every 10 chapters to be good
>You know what full cowl is and you post this. Confirmed Troll, but I'll continue
>He got his quirk literally 3 months ago, him being an expert would be bullshit, and he never instructs people how to better use their quirks
>"Very smart of combing different quirks" What?
>It's supposed to be goofy because his mom maid it. He gets a better one once the team that actually makes them gets their hands on it
>"My main character has to be a lady killer to be good"
>Because what is panic?
>One, it was Eijirou's plan, two, he survived because he stayed hidden until the villains were too broken up by All Might to react to him the one second he was in their reach. How is that plot armor?

You assume that I care about my time when I'm on fucking /a/?
>>
>>142973340
He doesn't really get very far though. He's still complete shit and a whingey crybaby, and yes I am caught up to the manga and have been for quite a while.
>>
How in the actual fuck are people this retarded?

Not only has he shown his ability to work with other, his compassion and his resolve, Deku has one of the most interesting character progressions I've seen in a while, especially from a shounen.

Do people just look at the fucking pictures? I feel like I haven't read the same manga as other people.

>>143012703

He can now use OfA with his entire body, albeit at a limited capacity, and in the fight with giga nigga on the mountain he used 10000% Detroit Smash. After that he's basically had to learn not to take every battle and endanger himself needlessly. You reading comprehension must be awful.
>>
>>142972792
Are you fucking retarded?
Training arcs are stupid.
True
Again are you fucking retarded? Have you even read the manga?
A very intelligent thing to do
>Supposedly very smart for combining different quirks, yet in the majority (if not all) of the times it happened, it was used to make an human sled, boring
Boring, yes. But practical. Not all power combos have to be about giant explosions and OHKOing an enemy army.
True his costume gurts to look at. But his mom made it. And he isn't a dick, he kinda has to wear it.
He is pretty beta
>Actually considered revealing his friend's position to AfO when he first appeared, probably dooming all of them to death had Iida not stopped him
True. Iida seems to have more common sense then Deku.
He didn't think he knew better then anyone. He just wanted to save his friend. And typical bullshit plot armor exists in EVERY anime.
>>
>>143012798
Yeah, a limited capacity. He's fucking shit and every fight leaves him fucked up and crying like a baby. And that attack clearly wasn't 10000% he just said that.
>>
>>143013194

It completely KO'd the bad dude after his 100% barely scratched him. It's fair to say that punch was orders of magnitude greater than anything he throws that won't destroy his body.

Are you not understanding that this is a coming of age story? That we're just now moving into the arc where he must take up the torch All Might bore for so long? He couldn't just hit his fucking peak at the age of 15, especially not when All Might could still fight.

I get it though, you're impatient, you want gratification, you don't care about the characters particularly. I suggest moving onto something else that satisfies your wants instead of being annoyed by Deku's plight.
>>
>>143013194
Go suck Goku's dick.
>>
File: 1446184860283.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1446184860283.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>143013194
>>
>>143013352
No, Deku is just a boring and shitty character. Nothing about him is appealing in any way.

>>143013365
Don't like Goku, either.

>>143013378
Nope.
>>
File: 145666463676.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
145666463676.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>143013486
>>
>>143013486

You can kick and stomp and whine all you like, that doesn't change the fact that he's a good character that's interesting to follow. Of course, this is all opinion, which is purely subjective, so you're not technically wrong. That said, BnHA is popular for good reason, and Deku is the most liked character in the series for good reason.
>>
>>142986439
>>142986926
It's kinda funny because people assume Deku is a Tsuna clone because of their design similarities.

I think Tsuna is underrated. But I do see why some don't like him. Tsuna was straight man in the series full of loons. And that because Tsuna has refused to become the 10th Don of the Vongola Family. People wanting Tsuna to be this badass Godfather-type character kinda missed the point.
>>
>>143010278
Tell us anon, which protagonist isn't boring by yours retarded taste?
>>
>>143012454
Too much /pol/ or /v/, you see "cucks" where they aren't
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.