[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No pain >No fears or doubt >No loneliness How was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 17
File: image.png (615 KB, 710x706) Image search: [Google]
image.png
615 KB, 710x706
>No pain
>No fears or doubt
>No loneliness

How was third impact supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
It's basically a Matrix reality.
>>
It's not real, artificial happiness is meaningless
>>
>>142942106
So?
>>
>>142942136
What's the difference between artificial happiness and "real" happiness? Happiness is happiness.
>>
>>142942136
how is it not real? where do you draw the distinction between "real" and "artificial" happiness?
>>
>>142942171
>>142942198
If you have unlimited options without any kind of limit the good moments in life becomes monotone
>>
>>142942278
And when you have nothing but bad in your life all of it becomes monotone as well. Id rather be happy forever than in pain forever.
>>
>>142941970
You wont have any good moments, either.
>>
>>142942136
>>142942278

So basically it's just poorly thought out folk psychology.
>>
>>142942311
nigga what are you talking about? That is not an argument, we were comparing ordinary life with the third impact matrix world, not about a life of nothing but pain. This has literally no relevance
>>
Oh boy, here we go again
>>
>>142942397
My life is almost nothing but pain, how would third impact make it worse?
>>
File: yt.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
yt.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>142942445
>>
>>142942512
Nice argument faggot
>>
I used to think about instrumentality as a good thing too, but now I doubt that situation would be any different from actual death.
>>
>>142942548
And what's so bad about actual death?
>>
File: reunt.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
reunt.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
Only pathetic losers and the jews think human instrumentality is a good thing
>>
>>142942548
More like advanced VR
>>
>>142942445
Oh please, tell me how you're life is so terrible you fucking baby.
>>
File: 1459732280343.jpg (474 KB, 1619x1725) Image search: [Google]
1459732280343.jpg
474 KB, 1619x1725
>share one consciousness
>everyone shares one waifu
no thanks, rei a shit
>>
>>142943074
>About to lose job
>Everyone who I care about leaves/betrays me
>No friends
>Can't live on my own
>Hated by family
>>
No individuality.
>>
>>142943122
>Everyone who I care about leaves/betrays me

Combined with everything else you posted, maybe you are the problem? Maybe you are just a shitty, annoying person and people don't want to be around you?
>>
Whenever I try to imagine a monistic, eternal life after death I feel fucking terrified, and it seems like Shinji's impression of human instrumentality is a similar feeling.
>>
File: Edgelord.jpg (11 KB, 220x225) Image search: [Google]
Edgelord.jpg
11 KB, 220x225
>>142943122
thats real sad man imagine being literally bipolar, borderline and an anxious faggot on top of that
>>
>>142943197
Yeah that's why I'm going to off myself
>>
>>142943308
Hey man don't do that, you can always self improve
>>
>>142943330
I don't want to keep living a life where I'm just being hurt/hurting others though. I just want to let it end and be at peace.
>>
No evolution or sense of individuality.
>>
>>142943308
Do it on cam and post it here you fag, usless people like you are nothing but a trash.
>>
>>142941970
No happiness.
>>
>>142943398
Then you're a coward who doesn't want to put in the effort to change yourself.
If you want others to respect you and like you, become someone that deserves their love and respect.
Complaining about how your life sucks but making no effort to change it and running away through suicide means you're just a bitch ass pussy.
>>
>>142943525
And I'm ok with that. It's better than being hated by everyone and continuing to be discarded.
>>
>>142943398
First at all you won't "be at peace", killing yourself isn't something that should be romanticized. You won't exist. Everyone will die and 70-80 years on this planet is a really small time in the grand scheme of things. There is no need to hurry that process. I know this sounds really generic but i have to say this, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Have you seen the documentary "the bridge"? It's about the people that try to kill themselves by jumping of the golden gate bridge, one thing that everyone that survived has in common is that they all said that immediately when they jumped that they regretted it and saw that their problems weren't as impossible to solve as they thought.
>>
nerds
>>
>>142943474
You people meme too recklessly
>>
>>142943624
I don't want my life to exist for some arbitrary time. Even if I do regret it, it won't be different from the life of regret I already have.
>>
>blog fagging

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: mikes.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mikes.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>142943715
how can u regret something when u dead
>>
>>142942543
He's right though, you sound like a 15yo edgelord who needs to go outside for a bit.
>>
>>142943721
It's making for a better thread than Rei and Asuka fags constantly trying to one up each other so I really dont care at this point.
>>
>>142941970
Look at the Founders from DS9. Staying in tangmode too long turns your whole species evil.
>>
no individuality
>>
>>142942548
>instrumentality
What's funny is that the "Instrumentality Project" is sort of a misnomer. They talk about it in-universe as if the end product *is* instrumentality, but it's actually the opposite, because everyone loses their physical forms.
>>
>>142942445
>>142943122
>>142943398
>>142943715

Shinji rejected instrumentality because he thought to himself "gee life can be pretty shitty, but sometimes it can be pretty good. That would probably be better than being tang for eternity."

Don't kill yourself, it might sound impossible or difficult, but try to find some happiness in your life despite all the hard shit going on. One day you may find yourself being happy and that should be your reason to live.

[spoilers]We love you[/spoilers]
>>
>>142943308
You musnt run away
>>
>>142941970
Instrumentality isn't about not feeling pain or doubt. It avoids the causes of that. The instrumentality project causes everyone to become one single being. Thus you wouldn't be 'hurt' because other people don't exist to 'hurt' you.

Episode 26 is just one long debate about instrumentality, you should just watch that again.
>>
>>142948679
>Don't kill yourself, it might sound impossible or difficult, but try to find some happiness in your life despite all the hard shit going on. One day you may find yourself being happy and that should be your reason to live.
Don't fall for this lie. It doesn't get better in many people's lives, why would yours be different?
>>
File: anon eva impact.png (213 KB, 392x656) Image search: [Google]
anon eva impact.png
213 KB, 392x656
>>142941970
>>
>>142941970
>No love
>No Friends
>No beauty
I do understand the appeal of it though I think we've all had times in our life when we want to escape reality but long term its not viable
>>
>>142948833
>Don't fall for this lie. It doesn't get better in many people's lives, why would yours be different?

Your life is completely different from everyone else, at least give it a chance.
>>
>>142943525
For some people putting in effort is close to impossible depression is a helluva a drug
>>
>>142948946
>>No love
>>No Friends
>>No beauty
I dont have any of that anyways.
>>
>>142949094
If you live in the UK I advise you seek help, the nhs covers mental health, might not sound helpful but it taking anti depressants helped me
>>
>>142948879
implying closing the curtains would stop little Reis from appearing behind you and turn you into tang.
>>
>>142944929
It also gives you shitty fashion sense
>>
>>142949212
Not the guy you were responding to, but why on earth would anyone take medication to artificially prevent them from seeing reality how it actually is? This world is shit, and people who indulge in media such as anime often times do so to escape from reality itself.
>>
>>142949575
Doesn't stop you from seeing reality are just makes it easier to deal with
>>
>>142949677
I was once put in anti-depressant and it most definitely stops you from seeing reality how it actually is. It drained my energy away to the point I really had no will in me to be mad or even sad. In that sense, escapism could be argued to be a far healthier alternative since there's actually hope for a better future built upon by these very same people who despise reality.
>>
>>142942386
>folk psychology.
How's freshman year going btw?
>>
>>142949548
That wasn't unique to the Founders.
>In space, no one can hear you scream "FASHION POLICE!"
>>
>>142949751

You realize there are different types of anti-depressants, right? It's not a 'I tried it once it's clearly not for me' situation.
>>
File: 1450392600032.jpg (57 KB, 492x675) Image search: [Google]
1450392600032.jpg
57 KB, 492x675
>it's a normalfag thread
>>
>>142941970
In the world of Eva? It isn't. The Room of Guf is empty, humanity is doomed without Instrumentality.
>>
>>142949212
I'm not clinically depressed and a doctor cant get me any of those
well I suppose if he prescribed me a fuck ton of oxycotin I guess I could get close to the third one for brief periods of time.
>>
>>142949575
Reality is patterns of matter interpreted through senses and chemical reactions and shit. Qualities like "good" or "bad" are no more real than chemical highs, consciousness or anime.

Fuck, I get depressed but I don't blame the world for it. Personally I find many of my negative views on the world are preceded by a feeling of depression rather than the other way around. There is an obvious internal leaning towards pessimism that is not entirely inherent in my uninterpreted perceptions.
I think it's probably the same for a lot of depressed people.

I'm not the anon you were responding to and personally I don't take meds. For now I can manually make up for my pessimistic biases and set myself to work on things I find worthwhile instead of obsessing over things I hate.
But I don't blame people for taking meds or drinking or shit like. It's a lot like exercise or diet, making up for flaws of the body and mind.

I mean, we'll all be tang some day. All that pain will be meaningless one day, it's not like giving a shit can do any harm.
>>
>>142949865
Of course I realise that. I was given different types of anti-depressants because the first two they gave me fucked my sleeping cycles to extreme extents, and this was at a mental hospital to top it off. My point still stands though, escapism is a far healthier long term choice than simply inhibiting natural responses to absolutely disgusting situations. If people are "just fine" with how things are, can't you just see the vicious cycle that are anti-depressants? How nothing will ever change?
>>
>>142948952
The reality is that if you actively make an effort to dig yourself out of the hole that is depression, there is a chance you will succeed. That chance is different for everyone based on their circumstances, their efforts, and their luck. You may very well suffer for the rest of your life, be it long or short. You have to make your own decision whether or not you will try, or just accept defeat. It helps to have others to rely on, but they can't simply save you.

And if you don't want to try, that's fine too. You can rot away or you can kill yourself. Don't expect positive reactions from others either way. I'm in the situation where I want to kill myself but I'm too much of a pathetic bitch to do so. I've accepted that I'm a shitty failure. Just remember that if you do elect for suicide, kill only yourself; don't drag others into your shit.

Again, what you do with yourself in such a state is your decision alone to make. There isn't a magical right answer. Just don't expect others to support you.
>>
>>142950059
I could name a huge list of absolutely backwards and demonstrably damaging changes that have taken place in society as of late, especially western society. These aren't just subjective "goods" or "bads", they're demonstrably retarded choices.

Your post exemplifies why anti-depressants and many cop-out drugs are a bad thing: it makes people apathetic to their societal changes. As such, people just give up and accept it as a fact of life. They'd much rather take their anti-depressants and smoke weed all day as opposed to actually trying to fix shit. Why change if when I take substance A I no longer feel like blowing my brains out after killing at least 200 people?
>>
>>142941970
>no self
>no individuality

Only post-modern betacucks that thirst for authority to rule them would even think such an existence was anything other than hellish.
>>
>>142950059

You writing and viewpoint sounds so much like I did when I was at my lowest point.

I had severe Major Depressive Disorder (and SA disorder) that was unresponsive to all tiers of medication, as well as ECT and I was even lucky enough to work with a PhD Neuroscientist who also has treatment-resistant depression, and we had access to some of the best Psychiatric doctors in the country. At the time, we unfortunately hit a dead end and came to the conclusion that the current state of medicine had not advanced far enough to treat us.

It gets much worse.

A workplace injury, due to an employer illegally scheduling only one person to do a safety sensitive job during an overnight shift ultimately resulted in me being in the ICU with Multi-Organ failure, severe Rhabdomyolysis, and a herniated spinal disk. I was effectively dead twice, but each time my heart pulled through. I like to believe it was my will to push forward and an unwillingness to give up, but it was likely due to several page long list of steroids and other medications keeping me circling the drain. I was critical for over a week. I couldn't walk for a month. It took me 3 months of the most gruelling physical therapy imaginable to gain a semblance of my normal mobility.

I held onto hope. Fate decided to test me once again.

A year later I had an embolic ischaemic stroke. A clot broke free from somewhere in my legs and listed itself upstream of my right carotid artery. It broke free after causing left side paralysis, nerve damage, and brain damage, but fortunately, it dislodged before permanent death of the right hemisphere my brain.

I couldn't walk again. I lost a majority of my memories. I had been a highly intelligent individual, but after my stroke I lost much of my cognitive abilities.

I didn't accept losing my mobility and spent a year of physical therapy, I regained use of my left hand and leg.

Then 2 years ago they found an inoperable brain aneurysm.

(1/2)
>>
>>142950059

I now have to contend with the realities of life post-stroke, as well as the reality that I can die at any time in a matter of minutes experiencing the worst pain imaginable if/when my brain aneurysm finally ruptures.

I was assigned a palliative care doctor for end if life care and for several years I was on extremely high dose morphine. I began to blame my depression on the pain medication and told my doctor I wanted to quit and he warned me that getting or back on long-term opiates at my age want likely and that I should rethink my decision, but I was stubborn. So with doctor supervision I went through the process of opiate withdrawal.

Six months later, now in more pain than I thought possible. Feeling like someone has driven a rusty spoke into my skull. Unable to sleep or eat and unable to get medication for my now extremely high opiate tolerance. Days away from losing my great new job in my career field. I turned to Heroin and for 2 years I used IV Heroin and was able to keep my job and performed above expectations. My savings was rapidly decreasing and in a moment of clarity I decided to quit cold turkey and took all the vacation days I had saved working 6-7 days for years.

I've been off opiates for more than a year, I'm still in pain, but I've come to appreciate the ability to feel pain and to appreciate the moments when the pain subsides.

Throughout all of this, I was alone. No one visited me in either of my hospital stays. I don't have any friends or support networks. My mother is an alcoholic who hates me and my father is so wrapped up in running his business and doesn't want to deal with excess drama from my mother that he stopped answering my calls long-ago.

(2/3)
>>
>>142950059

It's just me in this apartment typing this. But I am still pushing forward. And you can too. People can make an infinite number of reasons why they should give up, but none of them are valid, all of them are convenient twisted of logic so that they can take the easy path.

Keep moving forward. Things may not get better, but the possibility exists. There are no possibilities in death and the people, like that other poster said, who they think would be relieved it 'at peace' if they committed suicide, would be put through far more pain and hurt than they realize.

If someone like me, who has been dealt a truly horrible hand in life can keep living, so can you.

Despite everything that's happened in my life, I have moments of happiness and with the unbelievable amount of bad, they are only that much more precious and with continuing to fight for and anyone unwilling to fight for their happiness will never obtain it.

(3/3)
>>
>>142941970
You could literally kill yourself and achieve all of that.
>>
>>142950059

*Messed up the date of when they found my aneurysm, it wasn't 2 years ago. I can barely remember last week, so the years blur together
>>
>>142949240
In theory you can reject it right off the bat. The little Reis are just there to make you the offer by showing you what you want to see.
>>
>>142941970
I don't wanna be united with assholes.
>>
>>142952503

It's quite scary that they tug on your biggest weakness like that, seems predatory.
>>
>>142952553
Which one of the bridge bunnies just saw Rei as regular Rei? Aoba wasn't it?
>>
What was Misato's malfunction supposed to be again? She seemed to be the only decent human being in the whole show.
>>
>>142952582
>Drunkard
>Daddy Issues
>wants people to see her as filthy and bad, but also doesn't want to disappoint her dead dad, who she hates(?)
>Again, Daddy issues.
>>
File: normals.png (326 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
normals.png
326 KB, 1280x720
>>142952344
>they are only that much more precious and with continuing to fight for and anyone unwilling to fight for their happiness will never obtain it.

Repeat after me, life is a gift.
>>
>>142952613

Anyone who thinks she's a drunkard doesn't know actual drunkards, the fact that she's capable of commanding world saving operations (Like the fight against Ramiel) and look after shinji despite drinking shows she isn't.

I mean, Alcoholics are literally lying, worthless, scumbags, hardly fits Misato.

Daddy issues...I suppose, but they seem a bit mild compared to Ritsuko's mommy issues for instance, she never let it affect her morals or drag her into a cold, unloving relationship (quite the opposite actually, now that I think about it)

>>142952579

Yeah, I thought that was dumb, I thought Ritsuko's assisstant being shown to have been in love with Rit
>>
>>142952553
Rei is a bitch like that
>>
>>142943115
pretty sure that means your waifu is every waifu
>>
>>142952553
It's not meant to be aggressive or hostile. It wasn't deceptive either. Maya really got to live forever as one with Ritsuko. Same Fuyutski and Yui, even if it was only "The Yui that exists in the mind of Fuyutski" or whatever. The only way aomeone could deny instrumentality without entering it first would be if they honestly wanted nothing more than to never be close to anyone in the entirety of humanity. Even basement dwelling neckbeards desire that intimacy, even if they are so scared of rejection and pain that they seek to close themselves off from the world in their holes. Either someone who honestly despises all people, or someone who knows what's going on and rejects it bases on that knowledge.
>>
>>142952553
women suck like that
>>
>>142952851

You can't really say that when Shinji rejected it just fine, as did Asuka. And Shinji's feelings, if we take Ep26 into account were all about wanting to change and perhaps embrace humanity.

Also, Maya probably didn't want Ritsuko like that. Same with everyone else.
>>
>>142952851
It seemed pretty deceptive. Everyone was screaming and scared to death and Rei used their biggest weakness to get them to open up.
Many of them clearly didn't want to be in Instrumentality and she still forced them inside.
>>
>>142952684

Life is indeed a gift.
>>
>>142952503
They only had a choice once Shinji decided they should have a choice. Before that it was mandatory. If Aoba doesn't wanna play ball, sure, that's fine, we'll send some nekkid Reis to do the job. You can beg and scream all you want, but you will become a part of us.
>>
>>142952981

nigga i'll run away, good luck catching me
>>
>>142952344
>People can make an infinite number of reasons why they should give up, but none of them are valid
No. A reason to give up can be just as valid as a reason to continue pushing forward. Neither is the right decision; you self determine your own actions. And sure, at many points, the decision to live of die will not be clear. You may never know if you made the decision that's better for yourself. But that uncertainty is part of life.
>>
>>142943624
>one thing that everyone that survived has in common is that they all said that immediately when they jumped that they regretted it and saw that their problems weren't as impossible to solve as they thought.
What an immense pile of bullshit. It's normal to feel regret about jumping or whatever method was chose , because humans are naturally scared of death, but that doesn't mean those problem CAN actually be solved, or the people involved will have the willpower to start rebuilding their life.
Some people may actually get the resolve to improve things in their life, but for others, after the initial rush of euphoria, the suffering comes back.

I'm not talking out of my ass, even though I'm only in my early 20's I've almost attempted suicide twice, and I know that feeling ("I can actually solve all my problems!") very well. Too bad both times it just went tumbling down in a matter of days and hours, respectively. I never went all the way and completed an attempt, so, maybe, what I felt was not "strong enough" but just look at suicide statistics: an attempted suicide is the strongest indicator for a future completed one.

To anyone interested, I'm currently receiving treatment, but deep inside I can't help but think it will be useless. My personality just isn't suitable to be happy in this world, and all the things that have "poisoned" me, driving me to suicide, are still here with me, and they keep creeping in my life, no matter how many "escapism walls" I build around me.
>>
>>142941970
>No you
You seem to be forgetting that YOU'D cease to exist in instrumentality. It's basically the same as death as far as you're concerned.
>>
>>142953159
Just like Christian heaven.
>>
>>142952717
She's too professional to call her even a functional alcoholic. The only thing I can remember ever interfering with her work was attachment to the kids.
>>
What's a good Rei Doujin.
>>
File: 1464514597856.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
1464514597856.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Every thread, besides all those ones I missed, until you choke on it
>>
>>142954539
>Rebuild
Not even once.
>>
>>142954539
>ヱ
>ヲ
何?
>>
File: img_final_02.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
img_final_02.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
>>142955054
That's how it's spelled for the Rebuild movies. It was done because Gainax still had rights to the old Eva, but now that they've all been given back to Khara it will go back to the original spelling.
>>
File: 1351640611344.jpg (15 KB, 320x307) Image search: [Google]
1351640611344.jpg
15 KB, 320x307
>>142941970
>No pain
>No fears or doubt
>No loneliness
>no gains

Yeah I worked hard for these aesthetics Ill pass.
>>
>>142941970
I need to try it out before I can make a decision.
Same thing I did with penis, actually.
>>
>>142948879
Shit, pretty accurate.
>>
>suffering is necessary
>pain makes life meaningful
>am I deep yet?
Try saying something that isn't endless repetition of the same old sour-grapes ethics and I'll listen.
>>
>>142941970
You can't fap.
>>
>>142955403
It's not even an ethical argument, it's that instrumentality is literally death of the self, which is functionally the same as death, and if you have any reason whatsoever to choose to continue living over being dead then you're better suited to rejecting instrumentality. I mean if the destination's going to be the same either way (death), why not stick with living?

Again, I repeat. YOU. DO. NOT. EXIST. IN. INSTRUMENTALITY.
>>
>>142956012
>YOU. DO. NOT. EXIST. IN. INSTRUMENTALITY.
Blatantly false.
>>
File: 1464055230586.png (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1464055230586.png
46 KB, 800x600
Basically nothing matters because they never explained souls, I could come with various explanations but I hate evafags and I don't want to feed them more delusions.
>>
No anime or dank memes.

Would you want to "live" like that?
>>
>>142954539
>>142955054
>Hey Yamada-kun, wanna go over to WcDonald's after watching Webangeliwon?
>>
>>142954539
>Every thread, besides all those ones I missed
this is not how it works
>>
>>142956443
I was busy mourning my dog. sue me.
>>
>>142941970
It's a bad thing if you're someone who is successful in life since it means losing everything you've gained.

It's a good thing if your life is shitty and you have nothing to lose.
>>
>>142948679
Sorry, I don't trust the words of someone who manually types out spoiler tags and then get it wrong.
>>
>>142956466
I'd fuck your dog if it was still alive
>>
Anime, manga and porn are literally the only reasons I'm still hanging on. Don't think they've got any of those in instrumentality.
>>
>>142941970
It wouldn't be living
>>
>>142956136
No it's not. Shinji was only able to maintain his individuality BEFORE he made the choice about what to do.

If Shinji chose instrumentality, he would have joined together with the rest of humanity in a giant LCL soup where they'd be functionally one thing.
>>
>>142941970
KUUGA
>>
Gendo's plan
>he and Yui live together in Unit-01 forever; agnostic on what happens to other people, but he said "death creates nothing" or whatever so it is unlikely he'd want to tang everyone. SEELE said he wanted to use Unit-01 as his own "personal ark" which might have meant riding out Third Impact and ending up like Shinji and Asuka at the end but with Yui and himself instead.

SEELE's plan
>soup everyone because lol religious reasons and human evolution dude we gotta ascend

Yui's plan
>live forever inside Evangelion Unit-01 as a testament to humanity's existence; use Third Impact as a giant psychotherapy session to sort out people's issues and test whether or not they wanted to live on as individuals

Is this basically right?
>>
>>142941970
>wanting to mix your superior body fluids with billions of inferior beings
>>
>>142956717
Fuyutski's plan, Help Geno because he has nothing better to do. Seriously, why the fuck did the professor ever agree to any of Gendo's shit?
>>
>>142956630
They wouldn't be one thing. They'd still maintain their consciousness. What Shinji experienced was the real Instrumentality.
>>
>>142956799
Because by the time he got to Tokyo-3 he already knew enough to be killed for it if he didn't join. He was really Yui's accomplice anyway.
>>
>"we are only defined by the interactions with other individuals!"
>"Instrumentality is bad because even if there's no suffering, there is no happiness either!"
>"and it's all fake anyway, living your real life is totally worth it!"
>"escapism is bad, even though this (fictional) version of it virtually has no drawbacks, but we have to shoehorn them in anyway, otherwise the overall message we'd send would be wrong!"
I wanted to watch NGE and EOE again, but I'll pass. I'm not up for this kind of cookie-cutter (and bullshit) philosophy.
>>
>>142955348
>>142955348
But, did you like it?
>>
>sharing a collective conscious with all the whiny bitches with hang-ups which is pretty much all humanity
Fuck that noise!
>>
>>142957081
>"we are only defined by the interactions with other individuals!"
True
>"Instrumentality is bad because even if there's no suffering, there is no happiness either!"
Also true
>"and it's all fake anyway, living your real life is totally worth it!"
another discussion that is not in the eva anyway
>"escapism is bad, even though this (fictional) version of it virtually has no drawbacks, but we have to shoehorn them in anyway, otherwise the overall message we'd send would be wrong!"
It does have drawbacks, go back to the second statement.
>>
>>142957206
>It does have drawbacks, go back to the second statement.
That's why I said they shoehorned them in. There had to be a caveat, otherwise it would have been just too perfect, and so the message they would have given to the viewer would have been morally wrong, and also politically incorrect.

It's the same thing as The Wall by Pink Floyd. Of course, Pink's isolation was nowhere near to a heavenly-like state, but the reason why I can't stand these moral messages is that, when he got out of the wall, there were people waiting for him. Shinji also had Asuka, even though he had to wait for a while. They both had a direction they could give to their lives.
But what if you have nothing like that? What if I get out of the wall and there's no one waiting for me, nothing to do at all?

Is that so wrong then to want to go back inside?
I'm pretty sure the fact my life is a pathetic mess can easily be deduced from this post, but that's exactly why I can't stand these positivistic messages anymore. And when I first watched EOE, I tried so, so hard to internalize that message, to convince myself I could make it too.
But now it just hurts.
>>
>>142957421
There's seven billion people on the planet anon.
Go make friends.
>>
I didn't have any real life human interaction beside with shop clerks in almost a month.
>>
Literally communism
>>
>>142956717
Gendou's scenario varies some depending on continuity. He's always hijacking Seele's, but he's all about getting Yui back in the show, manga is more of an angry god complex like he had in the series proposal, and Rebuild sounds like both and still something new.
>>
>>142957471
Half of which are chink babies getting run over by cars, and the other half being pajeets shitting up their own roads.
I'll pass.
>>
File: aaaaaaaa.png (787 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaa.png
787 KB, 1280x720
>>142957520
Same but for a year now
>>
>>142941970
It's bad because you cease to exist. Your self, your identity is lost as your soul is melted and loses form. The term the show uses is ego barrier collapse.
>>
File: 250px-Reiaoba.jpg (27 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
250px-Reiaoba.jpg
27 KB, 250x189
>>142941970
>How was third impact supposed to be a bad thing?
It didn't ask you permission to turn you into goo. There's probably like five people out there who were perfectly happy with their lives and then out of fucking nowhere Rei shows up. I mean just because a couple people had a shitty life doesn't mean everyone's gotta tang.
>>
It probably lacked any creativity, or even any "world" for that matter, but otherwise people are just biased against the concept of hiveminds.
>>
>>142958371
You don't have to be happy to be some bitch with no will to power.
>>
>>142956578
You get to BE the anime
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.