[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe I'm not an enough of a isekai reincarnation master
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
Maybe I'm not an enough of a isekai reincarnation master to get it but how the fuck is a highschooler NEET's knowledge of the world of 2016 supposed to help him get rich in a totally different fantasy world?
>>
>>142937772
>can teach them about vaccines
>electricity
>basic physics
>anything invented past that time period which he could figure out in a feasible manner
>>
>>142937772
It's just poor writing, don't think too hard about it.
>>
>>142937772
Is not his fault that you have no useful knowledge about how things work.
>>
>>142937830
>can teach them about vaccines
Good luck with a highschooler NEET actually knowing how a vaccine is made and being able to convince people of germ theory with no evidence that he knows how to create

>electricity
>implying a highschooler would know shit about electrical engineering and not just how to make a dynamo with no practical application besides putting headlamps on bicycles

>basic physics
How would knowing Newton's laws help him get rich?

>anything invented past that time period which he could figure out in a feasible manner
kek
>>
>>142938183
I wasn't suggesting he would really know anything about this,but as long as he knows it's possible to create x then he can begin researching on it with a goal in mind.
>>
>>142938246
>he can begin researching on it with a goal in mind.
It would be easier to just get a job and work. In fact, you can't do research without food, so he will have to get the job first.
And who's going to pay for his research equipment?
>>
>>142937830
Anything he invents can just be stolen by people with more money and connections than him because patent law does not exist.
>>
His phone would've fed him for months if he hadn't been Emilia's bitch by that point

As for raw knowledge, you could just find an inventor and give them ideas on what to make
>>
>>142938509
>you could just find an inventor and give them ideas on what to make
That's not how it works.
>>
>>142938509
> His phone would've fed him for a day, after which he gets brutally mugged and left for dead
Fixed.
>>
>>142938509
>find an inventor
And get screwed over, imprisoned and tortured for ideas by someone else who takes all the credit and then has him killed?
>>
>>142938183
You can learn enough in an AP chemistry class to be able to make aspirin or a simple battery, as well as things like vacuum distillation or using activated charcoal. He could have learned enough in physics to be able to predict the movements of heavenly bodies or devise a reflective telescope. Even a simple generator would be easy to create.

>>142938416
That's a good point, but people were safeguarding trade secrets long before patent law. Further, if he could pull off any of the above it's likely he could find a patron to sponsor him. Innovation was a thing before courts and patents.
>>
>>142938183
>no evidence that he knows how to create
Pasteur's experiments are pretty standard coverage in middle/high-school biology classes.
>>
>>142938533
Were there even proper inventors in the medieval Dark Ages? I thought they only really started proliferating after the Renaissance and with patent law in place to incentivize them with the promise of actually profiting from their invention.
>>
>>142938694
I'm pretty sure most high schoolers cannot do any of that.
>>
>>142938626
That's assuming he can even find a researcher who'll listen to him.
Without proper scientific knowledge he'll sound like a village idiot who's too full of himself. Modern researchers often complain about the huge amount of mail they get from idiots who have no idea what they're talking about. Medieval researchers would have an easier time, what with lower rate of literacy and all, but what reason does the guy have to listen to somebody who plainly doesn't even know exactly what he's talking about?

>>142938736
>medieval Dark ages
Those didn't exist. Science has always been a thing.
And yes, there were scientists.

Of course it's not just a matter of convincing the scientist, you have to convince his source of income! Researchers are not normally independent. They are typically working for a rich guy who wants to get something out of it.
>>
>>142937772
It's not hard to make a simple generator, he could use that along with some light bulbs and bring light to the mansion.
>>
>>142938694
>be able to predict the movement of heavenly bodies
The ancients were pretty good at that already.

>devise a reflective telescope
Good luck finding some medieval optician who can engineer to within such tolerances as to make the whole endeavor worthwhile

>Even a simple generator would be easy to create
The only application anybody could find a use for electricity in a medieval fantasy world that he could conceivably create himself is the telegraph. Electrical lighting and heating possibly, if he doesn't get assassinated by the candle industry.
>>
>>142938884
Or a telegraph.
>>
>>142938932
>electrical heating
How much power is that self-made generator supposed to produce?
>>
>>142938884
>light bulbs
>>142938932
>Electrical lighting
I don't think light bulbs are as easy to make as you think.
>>
>>142938968
Depends on how he powers it. The internal combustion engine may be beyond him. A coal or wood fired boiler would be more practical than a DIY generator powering an electrical heating element.
>>
>>142939008
>blow some glass
>add incandescent material
>use wind magic to remove air and create vacuum
>>
>>142939073
>I know, let's make a big fire in order to power this heater.
This reminds me of Teekyu.
>>
>>142939138
>>add incandescent material
>if I can say it in one line, it can't be that difficult
>>use wind magic to remove air and create vacuum
I'm actually not convinced this is very easy either, but well, magic. I have no arguments.
>>
>>142939163
You're forgetting this is a fantasy world.>>142939138
Have some mages power a wind turbine.
>>
>>142939225
Sure, if you're short on fire mages but have spare wind mages and can't afford to make a fire.
That seems like an awfully specific scenario.
>>
>>142939163
I literally said in that post that there is no point to electrical heating when you can just make a fire for a boiler
>>
he's memorized the lyrics to every popular moe anime OP. he can just sell those and become a millionaire song writer
>>
>>142939287
Sorry. I didn't fully read your post. Is there any way I can apologize?
>>
>>142939225
>paying mages to stand around and push a wind turbine
Why not just pay some hobos to turn wheels all day? It would be cheaper than paying a salary to a skilled worker like a mage.
>>
>>142937772
Everything about this shit is delusional fantasy from the ground up.
>>
>>142939347
I would assume the mages can move a lot of air, resulting in a huge amount of energy,
>>
>>142938758
I took AP chemistry and had a good teacher. You definitely can learn useful techniques in a high school lab equipped with some glassware and a Bunsen burner.

>>142938932
>The ancients were pretty good at that already.
Not all of them and some of their methods were very convoluted. They might not have even had a proper number system with a concept of zero, algebra, or trigonometry. Those are all very practical ideas that can taught and sold.

>Good luck finding some medieval optician who can engineer to within such tolerances as to make the whole endeavor worthwhile
Reflective telescopes are very simple. You could make a serviceable one with polished metal and a glass ball any glassblower could make.

>The only application anybody could find a use for electricity in a medieval fantasy world that he could conceivably create himself is the telegraph.
There are plenty of uses for low voltage DC current even in a medieval setting. Simple brush motors, electroplating, and some other lucrative chemical processes.

Ignoring him making a miracle drug like aspirin, there are plenty of things an intelligent high school kid today could do to convince a medieval noble to sponsor him so he could live a life of luxury.
>>
In the book Johnny And The Bomb, a few time traveling kids leave a boy behind in WW2 England.
After trying to figure out a way to use his superior knowledge to make lots and lots of cash, he finally realizes the one thing he knows that everybody will love and pay for:
Hamburgers.
>>
>>142939462
But over what period of time can they sustain this effort before environmental mana and internal od is depleted?
>>
>>142939138
Why make a light bulb when you can make a led? knowledge about semiconductors is taught in middle school and with magic around, getting the materials might be quite easy.
>>
>>142939578
>tollerances and impurities
>>
>>142939520
Please stop reminding me of Death March's eternal quest to convince the fantasy world that Japanese junk food is the height of gastronomic superiority.
>>
>>142937772
Here is a step by step list

1. Cement for fast building
2. Coal (can skip if you have fire magic)
3. Steel smelter
4. Steam engine or water wheel
5. Lathe machinery
6. Mass produce swords and farming equipment
7. Gun powder
8. Mass produce smooth rifling musket
9. Canons
10. World domination
>>
>>142937772
The point is that he thinks he can do these things but he won't actually.
>>
>>142939895
Why are you mass producing swords, why not just go straight to muskets and Minie balls?
>>
>>142939515
>There are plenty of uses for low voltage DC current even in a medieval setting. Simple brush motors, electroplating, and some other lucrative chemical processes.

He would need to find those materials (which may be rare or nonexistent at the tech level of the setting) on the market and hope they were of the right quality to make it all work before he could convince anyone to sponsor him.
>>
>>142939895
Have fun having to reinvent Napoleonic combat tactics from first principles because you didn't spend enough time playing Total War
>>
>>142937772
weapons, gunpowder is easy to make and most people know the three main ingredients then its only a bit of tinkering with the ratios and then guns for sale
>>
I think he was just being naive about how a fantasy setting would be easy to exploit with his knowledge. Hell, he thought he was summoned as some sort of hero and thinks he has a special power at the start which he kinda does, but it's more of a curse.
>>
>>142940192
>gunpowder is easy to make
You mean blackpowder.
>>
>>142940192
I doubt a highschooler from a super nogunz country has enough knowledge of gunsmithing to make some decent guns before he's blown his hands off or something.
>>
>>142940059
>Why are you mass producing swords, why not just go straight to muskets and Minie balls?

Because you have to train peasants on how to aim, fire, clean, and reload the muskets, versus give them a steel sword and say 'hack those people with this.' Also gunpowder production is limited.

>>142940147
World domination is optional.

>>142939895
I would add fertilizer as 1.5 to grow my population base.

Also if I have time I would change the social structure to include more economic freedom, abolish serfdom, and lowers Church influences.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (78 KB, 860x411) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
78 KB, 860x411
>>142940374
>>
>>142940192
I can't see him being able to make something other than garbage that selfdestructs after a single shot and has about a 20% chance of exploding in your hand.
>>
>>142939895
>1. Cement for fast building
>2. Coal (can skip if you have fire magic)
>3. Steel smelter
>4. Steam engine or water wheel
>5. Lathe machinery
>6. Mass produce swords and farming equipment
>7. Gun powder
>8. Mass produce smooth rifling musket
>9. Canons
How many of these can you personally do if you were dropped into a completely different society with no money or resources? Yeah I thought so.
>>
>>142940555
>Also if I have time I would change the social structure to include more economic freedom, abolish serfdom, and lowers Church influences.
Enjoy your nobility-funded Crusade.
>>
>>142940579
Making cement is pretty easy

also, you forget that people were pretty amazed by simple "magic" in the past which was likely chemists ahead of their time disguising their work as supernatural. A basic knowledge of modern chemistry could get you pretty far
>>
>>142940555
Kazuma pls
>>
>plagarize end of evangelion into a play
>have it preformed before kings and queens
>become rich and famous
it's so simple or
>take videos of chicks naked with my phone
>start a pay per view service
>>
>>142939895
A much simpler tech tree would be:
1. gunpowder
2. metal pressure vessels
3. bombs
Which probably breaks that world's balance of power enough already.

>>142940077
>He would need to find those materials
At that level of tech they have simple acids and can draw metal into wire. You're overestimating how hard this stuff is.
>>
>>142940555
>Because you have to train peasants on how to aim, fire, clean, and reload the muskets, versus give them a steel sword and say 'hack those people with this.
And then they get hacked to pieces by the better armored and trained soldiers. It's hilarious you act like muskets are bad for peasants but history shows the exact opposite. Warfare was dominated by the nobility right up until firearms became widespread in Europe, because suddenly you could drum up huge armies almost overnight. It takes an afternoon to learn how to load and fire a musket, you just spend the next two weeks drilling them in the loading and firing procedures and how to walk in formation until they can do both in their sleep. Bam you have an army that can kill at least 3 times its number in spears and swords. Less against veteran cavalry, but if you have artillery to back them up it shouldn't even be a close fight.
>>
>>142940579
That's the thing, if you follow the list, you should get additional income along the way.

1. Invent cement and try to sell it to land owners/governor as an effective material for building defensive structures. Since the ingredients are mostly rocks and dirt, it costs nothing to create. The only hard thing is to sell it to the nobles/landowners.

2./3. On you gain their trust (and maybe a bit of research grant), gather up coal (which should be close to worthless in a magical land) and create a steel smelter. Smelter can be created cheaply with clay/rocks. If you have fire magic, you don't even need coal and its carbon coking issue.

Once you have cheap steel making technology, you should be selling them to as many countries as possible. High quality steel is worth a lot in medieval time.

4. Then you can create lathe machinery with your income and start your own factories.
>>
>>142940555
>train peasants how to aim, fire clean, and reload the muskets

This is much easier than teaching peasants how to fight with a sword

The biggest advantage of early firearms was that a peasant trained for a month could easily kill a knight trained for years
>>
>>142940147
You'd still be fighting people armed with bows and swords until they manage to reverse engineer both your guns and the industry to make the guns.
Spanish Conquistadors would have more applicable tactics.
>>
>>142940777
Only if you have more advanced production technologies. You have to convince others that early musket is worth the trouble. Swords would be the holdover weapons until you master gunpowder/rifling/steel casting technologies.
>>
>>142940796
Yeah except you don't know how to do any of the things on that list. It's not question of resources. Even if you had a huge pile of money and connections you'd have zero chance of inventing machinery you can't even build a passable example of.
>>
>>142940796
>1. Invent cement and try to sell it to land owners/governor as an effective material for building defensive structures. Since the ingredients are mostly rocks and dirt, it costs nothing to create. The only hard thing is to sell it to the nobles/landowners.

Say I threw you into the woods right now with a wheelbarrow and a crowbar. How long would it take you to make me some cement?
>>
>>142937772
invent peanut butter
>>
>>142940900
Not even, you could produce thousands of muskets with very small workshops in a matter of weeks, provided you had enough labor and resources, which again wouldn't be hard. You get the towns people to work bellows and do menial tasks, have them donate their cookware and old tools to be melted down into parts and ammunition. This literally happened in Europe, and it's why guns trumped swords.
>>
File: Mayo.jpg (78 KB, 460x623) Image search: [Google]
Mayo.jpg
78 KB, 460x623
I'll tell you one "good" thing he invented there. That's about it. And stuffed animals.
>>
File: 1465237204265.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465237204265.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>142937772
Use your culinary knowledge to become a master chef
>>
>>142940905
That's why you follow NGNL's example and bring an iPad with Wikipedia and a solar panel charger.

Also, what makes you think I can't build them in real life? Only the lathe machine is truly difficult.
>>
>>142941107
Okay build a steam engine from scraps of metal and wood and post a picture of it. I'll give you a year.
>>
>>142941083
If you can prepare everything in a week, then yes you can jump straight to muskets. But I'd think you need a couple years at least to build your base.

Gunpowder needs sulphur. I don't know if you buy/gather a huge quantity of it in a week before the local government realizes what you are trying to do.

But if you could, then your way is better.
>>
>>142940866
Yep, cause you kill 10 peasants and they can train 20 more in a month. You kill the knight and you're shit out of luck cause that fucker took his entire life to train and a ton of resources devoted to him to make him an effective fighter.
>>
File: 1461124727276.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1461124727276.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>142940077
>Hello, I can read and write (or having done so before in one language, can apply myself to learn another).

>Hello, I can do math.

>Hello, I understand how you get sick, and can help you avoid doing so in the future!

>Hello, I can help you keep your teeth.

>Hello, I can ... ect.

Pick any of these. Done. Sponsored. You don't even need any special knowledge to do well in the past, as long as you temper it with common sense and don't get killed for knowing too much by superstitious and stupid people. Fuck, just understanding how to take care of teeth puts you way ahead of most people.

Now you:
>Hurr durr this pointless thread isn't long enough yet, let me bullshit some more and say "Oh man I bet everyone can read and write durr he can't make any money or get a patron that way!" ect.

This is a stupid thread. Saged.
>>
>>142940796
Why is coal worthless in a magic land? Everyone needs something to burn.
>>
>>142941217
That's why you build a smelter first...to get high quality steel to build engines.

As for the actual construction, steam engine is surprisingly easy to make. Here is an example made out of glass-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73txXT21aZU

Having said that, I would probably starve to death within a week of arriving in the other world.
>>
>>142941274
Do you really think people will just give you money if you say that? Especially if your doctrine goes against the world standard and you have no credentials?
>>
>>142941274
Unless you're like Rasputin tier CHA it's not really that easy to segue from "I am the guy you hired to handle bookkeeping" to "give me unlimited funds to build a Difference Engine to do math for even better bookkeeping".
>>
Since I need money, first I'd look around for raw materials to see if I can find a way to make drugs.
>>
>>142941274
The Babylonians had a form of toothbrush, nimrod.

This thread is based on a series of wildly inaccurate assumptions about how little people in the past knew. Lack of materials and limited markets kept most inventions from happening, not a lack of knowledge.

Sure, the germ theory of disease is an exception, but good luck getting anyone to believe you without extensive experimentation.
>>
>>142941378
Opium's pretty easy.
But if it existed in that world chances are they already know about its effects. You could still try to invent Laudanum though.
>>
>>142941273
>>142941263
If you can invent the musket you can invent the bomb. If you can invent the bomb you can invent a really big bomb. Once you use it a couple times you have a deterrent that makes wars unnecessary.

>>142941362
Alchemists with nothing to back it up got away with as much for centuries.
>>
>>142941263
Primitive cultures only used sulfur for medicinal purposes. I think a few might have realized it made good fertilizer but I'm not sure. Either way they wouldn't really give a shit about you buying up large quantities of it.

Stockpiling powder and shot would be necessary before committing yourself to any prolonged engagement though. So it would be best to secure at the very least a source of funding to purchase the materials you need. Longterm you would have to capture various mines and manufacturing facilities to make a proper industrialized army.
>>
What if the world you're transported to is post-post-apocalyptic?
>>
The problem is how to survive the first week, you seriously aren't thinking about producing high quality steel right away. You're going to stand out right away and probably be mugged or stabbed.
>>
>>142941551
If all you have are bombs then you can only control people via fear, making you a terrorist. In reality you don't control anything, you just inflict terror on people, and the minute they stop being afraid of you everything goes to hell because either you kill tons of people or they call your bluff and you're dead.

Armies can occupy territory and subdue enemies without having to kill them. Just the presence of an army can deter invasion. Because bullies like weak targets, marauders and expansionists will look elsewhere if you have a formidable fighting force. And if you go on the offensive you only need to convince the enemy to surrender and then occupy his territory with your soldiers to enforce your rule. Just blame everything bad on the old rulers and be generous to the people and they will like you more than their previous masters. Just don't go all Robespierre on them after.
>>
>>142941551
The difference is that they were the 'in' thing. Plenty of individuals who were considered smart dabbled in alchemy, so people trust alchemy even if it was useless.

If you want to overturn society as a complete outsider with no status you're going to need some great social skills.
>>
>>142937772
He thought it would be like in one of his animes
>>
>>142941551
>Alchemists with nothing to back it up got away with as much for centuries.
Alchemists had the ancient mystique of alchemy to back up their hocus-pocus nonsense. Even if they didn't understand it or if it sounded impossible, what do they know about the arcane secrets of the venerable alchemistic arts?
>>
>>142941003
If calcium deposits are locally available, probably in a few hours.

We are not exactly mixing concrete for a 50 stories high skyscraper here. Anything better than clay is good enough.
>>
>>142941297
Not if everyone can cast fire to cook ie. Kazuma
>>
>>142940579
well creating something to be massed produced in a production line isn't just a mechanical thing, early implementations of Fordisim and Taylorisim are what founded mass production.

this could help him to make him rich by mass producing potions, weapons, or other items with the help of the village, Emilia-tan or magic clown
>>
>>142937772
>use his knowledge of the modern world to live in luxury

Is he forgetting he's living in a shitty medieval world? Impoverished people in Japan live in more luxury than the royalty in that land. The only thing they have going for them is magic which is peanuts compared to the technology of the modern age. Even his shitty prepaid flip-phone was worth a small fortune and they didn't even know it had more than one use.
>>
>>142941936
That's why you invent a need where there isn't one
>conserve mana and enjoy long-lasting heat and light!
>burns longer and hotter than wood!
>buy coal today!
Etc
>>
>>142941936
Yeah but you still have to have something to set on fire, unless you want to be a human stove.
>>
>>142941443
>Sure, the germ theory of disease is an exception, but good luck getting anyone to believe you without extensive experimentation.
But those experiments aren't particularly advanced/difficult. If you managed to get an audience with learned people (which they'd probably grant you if you were some mysterious faggot who turned up with a magic communications device they couldn't figure out) you could easily produce evidence both against spontaneous generation and in favor of germs. They might not automatically accept it, of course, but you'd at least establish yourself off the bat as someone with relevant ideas/knowledge and could build from there.
>>
>>142941706
>If all you have are bombs then you can only control people via fear, making you a terrorist.
No, it makes you a superpower with an ability to retaliate that makes you irrational to attack in the first place. Demonstrating you have the mysterious ability to level a (preferably empty) castle on command is no less ethical than forming an army capable of doing the same.
>>
>>142938884
>It's not hard to make a simple generator
from scratch no it isn't
to give you an idea
there was a guy who thought about making a toaster from scratch
he went and got the cheapest toaster he could find opened it up to see how he could recreate it
it took 9 months of intense research to do it,
and i dont mean like wikipedia research, he basically had to track down experts on ore metallurgy ect.. in order to learn all the things needed to make a freaking toaster from scratch.
>>
>>142940192
Most people don't memorize the basic formula for gunpowder.
>>
>>142941994
>>142942094

Still, coal should be cheap and plentiful. Only lower class needs it for heating/cooking.

The point is, you need a cheap source of heat energy. It doesn't matter whether it's from coal or fire magic.
>>
I would just write down every good movie story/fairy tale i remember and become a great writer/artist.
>>
>good luck "getting rich" in a shitty medieval economy
>good luck not getting murdered/kidnapped/enslaved by people trying to appropriate whatever modern invention you were trying to ape
>good luck trying to get people on your side as an outsider with NEET/hikki tier people skills
>good luck not getting murdered as soon as your "inventions" threaten the interests of whoever is in charge
>>
>>142942396
Roughly

15 Saltpeter
3 Charcoal
2 Sulfur

You can hire real 'alchemists' to figure out the exact portion.
>>
>>142942209
>No, it makes you a superpower with an ability to retaliate that makes you irrational to attack in the first place
No, it just makes you a terrorist. Superpowers are superpowers because they have force projection on a global scale. Force projection means the ability to deploy and sustain military assets outside your own borders. As an example, the US has nearly omnipresent force projection, there's pretty much no situation on Earth they can't send a response to within hours. To contrast, ISIS can blow up people pretty much anywhere on Earth. Does that make them a superpower? According to you it does. To anyone else it just makes them terrorists.
>>
>>142938183
People fucking thought a sword made of steel was magic. You have no idea how people without culture can be dumb.
>>
>>142942169
A microscope capable of discerning microorganisms can be made by melting a glass rod. I learned about this in school, at least:
http://www.funsci.com/fun3_en/usph/usph.htm

>>142942283
He wanted to make a replica of one he bought from a store from scratch, right down to using plastic parts. He could have used copper wire and clay and had a functioning device in a week. A completely functional electrical generator can be made with wire, wax, and a magnet. That's it.
>>
>>142942457
>regurgitate some random poems you had to memorize in middle school
>become king's royal poet
>>
>>142942524
They did have culture. It was just rife with superstition.
>>
>>142942672
Might bite you in the ass if you're ever commissioned something.
>>
>>142942723
That's when you pull an emperor's new clothes as hard you can.
>>
>>142942672
Like you need to be pretty stupid if you dont know Grimms' Fairy Tales or other famous tales also almost everyone can turn it into the plays
>>
>>142942844
Or you can just claim your genius can't work on command, it comes to you via divine inspiration. They'd eat that up.
>>
>>142942933
>He claims to speak wid Gawd! Burn him!
>>
From zero the easier stuff you could build is steam engine, even a shitty demonstration only one, and/or something like solar heating. Anything that needs chemistry would be a problem due to excarse materials and different naming
>>
>>142942844
I'd watch this anime. Some dude gets transported to a parallel world and just starts cobbling together random plagiarized snippets of poems along with his own shitty OC in the middle that he convinces everyone is brilliant.
>>
this thread lmfao
>omg no high schooler can do that
>im retarded
>highschool taught me nothing!
>>
>>142942504
>Does that make them a superpower?
again:
>an ability to retaliate that makes you irrational to attack in the first place.
We're talking modern tech in a swords and sorcery world. Military superiority does not equate to terrorism. I have no idea how you imagine your benevolent fantasy army will function any differently than a powerful weapon in this regard either.
>>
>>142943059
>lmfao
>omg
Kill yourself.
>>
File: $70.53million for scribbles.jpg (410 KB, 1100x836) Image search: [Google]
$70.53million for scribbles.jpg
410 KB, 1100x836
>>142943041
>be transported to the renaissance era
>introduce modern art
>>
>>142943037
>From zero the easier stuff you could build is steam engine, even a shitty demonstration only one, and/or something like solar heating.

This. Don't even need coal for a steam engine. Charcoal made from burnt dry wood is almost as effective.

Demonstrate the engine's capability to pull cargo long distances or mill grain really fast. Once you've got that, it's industrial era time.
>>
>>142943522
You need rails to have effective steam engine locomotive, which means low-carbon steel. You can't smelt steel with charcoal in high quantity.

At the end, you still need coal.
>>
>>142943791
You could built an elevator for the lazy nobles with that
>>
Find a way to introduce penicillin or some other easy to obtain natural product like aspirin. Introduce the Haber-Bosch process after getting a patron to help develop a reaction chamber and advance agriculture 500 years
>>
File: 1460601969908.png (337 KB, 541x566) Image search: [Google]
1460601969908.png
337 KB, 541x566
Some of you are beyond autistic.

The kid doesn't have his notes, a chemistry book and a laptop to look this shit up but only his memory.

Face it, most of the material you learn goes out the window a short time after the test or quiz. As if you idiots can honestly sit there and think a high school student using his memory alone, can make apsirin, a battery or whatever other dumbshit you typed.

Doing these things are hard enough with instruction but now you introduce no guide and a medieval setting and you are asking for troubles.
>>
File: VNyk86k.png.jpg (46 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k.png.jpg
46 KB, 480x270
>>142944122
Some of us actually know stuff beyond what schools teach, you know.
>>
Willow bark has been used for millenia. Slightly more potent willow bark seems like an underwhelming invention.
>>
Build a Stirling engine.
>>
>>142944122
Aspirin (rather salicylic acid) is literally boiling willow bark in water/ethanol. Plus side is that inefficient concentration methods just means you don't cause your stomach to bleed.
>>
>>142944339

You have the complexities of how to make penicillin, weapons, gundpowder, cement, steam engine and coal.

As I said before, you are autistic.
>>
>>142944122
>As if you idiots can honestly sit there and think a high school student using his memory alone, can make apsirin, a battery or whatever other dumbshit you typed.
I could make a generator, battery, and electric motor from scratch using what I learned in high school 10 years ago. They all use pretty easy to understand principles. Maybe you have a learning disability?
>>
>>142944468
ok then
explain the steps you would make in details?
>>
>>142944468

Duck tails but hey people can say this kinda of shit online anonymously.
>>
File: 1452825624556.jpg (3 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
1452825624556.jpg
3 KB, 125x119
>>142944468
>Maybe you have a learning disability?
>>
>>142944550
you fucker, now that song is stuck in my head again
>>
Anons actually believe the average high school students can make generators, batteries and other material with basic chemistry and physics.
>>
>>142944433
The nice thing about natural products is that all you really need is the source organism and 90 precent of the work is already done. Penicillin, while beyond a lone high schooler, probably wouldn't be beyond an apothecarian that has had the principle shown to him by said high schooler.
>>
>>142944548
It isn't hard to make a galvanic cell
If you're just showing it off conceptually you don't even need to create a salt bridge.
>>
>>142944122
Are you an American?
>>
>>142944649
With enough time, effort and Wikipedia, a middle schooler could make a V8 internal combustion engine.

But how many middle schoolers do you see these days with an attention span longer than 8 minutes?
>>
>>142944652
Even assuming you can get people to inject mold, it wouldn't be sterile or safe.
>>
>>142944548
>>142944550
Couldn't tell you how unless I knew what I was working with. It's not a complicated principle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(electricity)#Principle_of_operation
Anyone could probably make one given the knowledge that 2 different types of metal probes stuck in a lemon will power a clock. Do you really not know how a battery works?

Brushed DC motors are trickier, but come on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH7DFPIayNg
Did you seriously not learn this shit in school?
>>
Here's what being re-incarnated would come across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVxOb8-d7Ic
>>
You need some cotton, some zinc, some copper, and a lemon.
Carbonize the cotton fibres (read: burn that shit)
Coil it
Stick a piece of zinc and a piece of copper into a lemon
Touch the battery you just made to the filament you made earlier
Bam, you did it.
>>
>>142940192
In Drifters they started making gunpowder first.

>>142945066
nice
>>
>>142944890
Why would they inject the mold? The point is that extracting a compound you know about from the source organism is incredibly easy, given some rudimentary equipment
>>
>>142937772
that's the joke, he was supposed to be that stupid (or naive?)
>>
File: qFZxJJT.jpg (647 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
qFZxJJT.jpg
647 KB, 1920x1200
>>
>Nobody has said cement is a stupid idea since medieval cultures will already have it

Hell, the romans had cement that would set underwater. The reason cement became so common after the industrial revolution is because instead of burning limestone and marble to break it down, suddenly you could mechanize crushing huge volumes of the source rock, making it cheap as fuck.

Same reason that the blast furnace led to the explosion of railroads and large buildings when it supplanted the old blister steel process.

That would likely be the primo moneymaking venture in fantasy land though. Mass producing good steel for cheap. Even a broke motherfucker could get a furnace and a few hundred pounds of fire bricks together eventually.
>>
He should just teach them how in-fucking-credible diamonds are, for both fashion and engineering
>>
>>142939298
This.

>muh generators
Go outside, now and make me one without something you cannot buy at medieval ages. Post results, I double dare you
>>
>>142946040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=454QGR_hVs0
>>
>>142946032
That's a source problem. There's only a half dozen good sized kimberlite pipes on earth. Odds are he won't be within thousands of miles of one.
>>
>>142945742
>Mass producing good steel for cheap.
Don't you need like to mine and process tons of ore to get iron and shit to make steel?

Read some awful ass reincarnation manga the other day.
MC popularizes reversi and sells the rights to it to be able to fund his research lmao.
>>
>>142945075
Okay and you use this for what? And where do you plan to buy zinc?
>>
>>142937772
>>142938183
The concept of a four field farming system would be mind blowing in the Middle Ages.

Also, DO NOT FEED YOUR PIGS OR COWS GRINDED UP BODY PARTS FROM OTHER ANIMALS INCLUDING THEIR OWN KIND.

You don't want to give birth to Mad Cow Disease and other nasty shit.

I'm sure the farmers and ranchers will thank you for saving their food industry from Prions.
>>
>>142946261
Dude, crop rotations have been used since forever. Maybe not the perfect understanding of why you do it, but people did it.
>>
>>142944649
>>142944704
Japanese high school students still have home economic classes in highschool.

I think they also still have woodshop and autoshop classes in Japan as well.

My old highschool on the other hand closed down the woodshop/autoshop/home economic classes years ago.
>>
>>142946188
Iron ore is the most common in the world. With any kind of local blacksmith-based steel production, you should have a decent mine nearby as well. And with a blast furnace you can even use shit tier hematite and even lower grades of ore.

For continual production, you would have to expand the infrastructure, but just giving a fief the ability to pound out two tons of good steel from pig slag in a day during a time of war would be something special.

>>142946246
Calamine was very common, he could get his zinc from that. I'd be more concerned about where he thinks he's going to get a lemon, or cotton for that matter.

"Oy, here's a turnip and some flax, boss."
>>
>>142946261
And how do you plan to make use of this knowledge to get money? Why would someone pay you for esoteric farming techniques?
You understand that some nobleman do not give money for random people claiming that messing with his production would yeld more crops.

Sometimes I wonder if you faggots even understand the world and have jobs.
>>
>>142946315
Safe food eating wasn't practiced well back then though.

People back then thought it was okay to eat sick pigs and livestock.

Also, some cultures used pigs as toilets where they poop down a hole that leads to a pigsty and the pigs would be eating human poop and later those pigs would be killed for food, causing people to get sick.

The concept of safe food handling was pretty unknown back then.
>>
By my guess, he is trapped in the middle ages, so why not teach them about cakes? It doesn't take much brains to make a pound cake. That, or burgers.
>>
File: 81b4ORO+TAL._SL1500_.jpg (149 KB, 1068x1500) Image search: [Google]
81b4ORO+TAL._SL1500_.jpg
149 KB, 1068x1500
>>142937772
>>
>>142946441
Inventing the Sandwich or Potato Chips would make you serious money.

You could become the Royal Chef for the King with your innovative Junk Food Ideas like French Fries.
>>
>>142946426
>The concept of safe food handling was pretty unknown back then.
IRC the the bubonic plague didn't decimate the middle east as much as Europe simply because they were more hygienic.
>>
>>142946426
Germ theory would be revolutionary. But good luck proving shit without a microscope. You'd have to start a cult of cleanliness to get the ball rolling, and all your practices would be rites and worship of the foreign god Antisepia.
>>
>>142946441
>implying the middle ages didn't have cakes
Pies were much more common just because fruit preserves and other sweeteners were more common than honey, but they still had them.
>>
>>142946527
yeah pretty much would have to start that as a sort of religion with my claiming to be a wizard that can cure ailments and stop the spread of disease,
granted it would be hard to do without being killed in a witchhunt.
>>
>>142937772
>Your face when Amateur Piano Player

>Your face when get summoned to an alternate Fantasy World

>Your face when become the next Mozart by Plagiarizing any musical composer from Music History 101 as much as I can remember

Tell me how this could go possibly wrong, /a/.
>>
>>142946383
If you have zinc, blast furnace for steel, coal, and steam engine, you are pretty much set to build steam boat.
>>
>>142946616
Have you ever tried to build a piano? It's a giant goddamn harp with a mechanized system of hammers attached to it. They can literally explode from the wire tension if they're not made right.
>>
>>142946527
see
>>>142942555
You can make a lens capable of magnifying over 300x by heating a glass rod to make a little bead. It'd be very doable with medieval tech.
>>
>>142946679
No. The biggest hurdle after making a blast furnace is making your giant forge tools for bulk steel, the massive four ton rollers for steel plates and all that. Plus you need excellent brass casting and machining for all the valves of the steam engine, plus the heater core tubes for the boiler.
>>
>Go back in time
>Tell tales of the Greek gods
>Tell people i am messenger of the greatest god, Zues
>Tell them he demands a sacrifice every week, and must be a girl age anything below 21 years
>Tell them i must perform lewd acts onto her for the gods entertainment

What's the worst thing that can happen?
>>
>>142946889
Religious zealots will lynch you?
>>
>>142946889
You've read the Greek stories. You know how creative they can get with the torture and dismemberment.
>>
>>142946780
>anon tries to build a steam engine
>doesn't die horribly in a boiler explosion
>>
>>142946527
You could probably get some basic hygenics without much issue. Things like boiling water and not having your shit in the streets wouldn't be too hard to convince people to do.
>Hey you know that nasty stuff your body gets rid of? Keep that away from your drinking water.
>>
>>142946616
>Classic Music in alternate world:
>Theme of Marius
>Gab Bag of the Duke of Nukem
>Prelude of the Final Fanasy
>That russian folk song from tetris
lel
>>
Could you make a printing press (or at least a very primitive one)?
>>
>>142947094
Cross your fingers and hope the dwarven day laborers didn't half-ass the rivets on the boiler shell.
>>
>>142947236
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRLYQmtaQo
>>
>>142947236
Strangely, most fantasy realms seem to have that already. But I guess they also have full plate armor too which is about equivalent timewise.
>>
I think the best way to get rich in oldey times would be the knowledge of how to cultivate and grow marijuana and sell that shit as medicine/intoxicant. I'm sure it's reliant on the plan being native to whatever area you're sent to, but if it's there time to rake in the money.
>>
>make a printing press
>print whatever sacred mportan book of the setting
>????
>profit
>>
>>142947366
People would have already figured out its uses if it was local. So there would already be people farming it or harvesting it.
>>
>>142946246
Light bulb concept demonstration.
>>142946383
You'd probably have to steal quite a lot to get by, honestly.
>>
>>142947497
then kill those people
>>
>>142947407
Need a good cheap source of paper first. Old school vellum preferred for books is just really thin animal hide. You'd need to step it up to at least mass production of parchment.
>>
>>142947407
>Books
>Implying people could read that weren't super fucking rich

Anon, you might as well just try and sell grass
>>
Thermometer?
>>
I've actually thought a lot about aspects of knowledge preservation and transmission. A lot of the basic ingredients needed to build the basics of modern chemistry were already known and available to the medieval alchemists. With a voltaic pile of salt water and vinegar, you can then build an electrolysis cell to produce chlorine bleach, among other things. Sulfur can be acquired either directly from volcanic areas, or indirectly by the roasting of sulfide ores like pyrite. It's all about finding the right materials.
>>
>>142947634
Ah yes, please tell us where you can get some mercury from, /a/non.
>>
>>142947719
fish
>>
>>142947535
>You'd probably have to steal quite a lot to get by, honestly.
You do know a couple tons of decent iron ore is only about as much space as four bathtubs full right? It hasn't been until fairly recently where mining absolutely pitiful porphery deposits of 1-3% high value metal ore (say gold or copper) has become profitable enough to go full open pit vs placer and vein.
>>
>>142947719
Modern thermometers use alcohol. Also mercury has been known since roman times (Hydrargyrum hence Hg).
You go around asking for "silver-coloured metallic liquid. It's really quite a distinctive element.
>>
invent memes
>>
>>142947719
Liquid mercury was available back then and so were thermometers.

Some people in this thread have really low opinions of human intelligence.
>>
>>142947719
I was gonna say the same thing, but mercury salts were so common at the time for healing bullshit, he'd probably be able to get enough through trade even if the cinnabar source was thousands of miles away.
>>
>>142947842
I've got 1596 as the first thermometer according to google.
That's renaissance.
>>
Just claim to be an alchemist and subtly introduce actual science into your work
>>
File: Alchemy-Digby-RareSecrets.png (50 KB, 1560x600) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy-Digby-RareSecrets.png
50 KB, 1560x600
>>142947967
Basically this.
>>
>>142937772
>Learn the language.
>Start my own school for the poor and uneducated.
>Carefully cultivate an old disease.
>When the king tries to shut me down I'll warn him about the wrath of the true god.
>Make him sick.
???
>>
>What does a highschooler know that most people in alternate world with magic don't?

only based on my own classes

Math Econ Bio Physics Chem english history Language Metalshop woodshop

Math: knowing how to calculate is arguably useful since all you need to do is get a job in selling shit and prove your worth to eventually become an accountant or something. protip=learn dozenal math

Econ: Knowing supply demand stuff might be useful but only really helps if you already are in a position where you can use it.

Bio: As a highschool student I probably knew more about anatomy than most people in 15th century dunno if that helps or hurts when healing magic exists. punnett squares and selective breeding maybe if they don't know shit about fertilizer you have some luck.

Physics: Mechanical advantage isn't worth shit. Arguably ballistics calculations could get someone's attention in the military and they might be all up on your dick for that. F=Ma and all the other equations arent useful unless there is enough science some super smart motherfucker to bankroll you in giving them ideas. Also learned about electricity and how to make my own van de graaff generator or electric motor so that could be a thing.

Chem: I read anarchists cookbook while taking chemistry(Edgefag) but it isn't useful without ingredients. could make gunpowder from raw materials or glass acids bases and indicators. Gold plating with electricity would be a money maker or maybe if you could produce enough juice you could isolate hydrogen and oxygen and use them for some shit. balloons or welding maybe

English history and language: Useless unless you are transferred through time to the past. Invaluable if you are. Knowing future events and foreign languages would be pretty top as long as it is the right events and the right languages.

Metalshop and woodshop: craft skills are kinda useful. I know how to make some nice dovetail joints and if i had a waterwheel I could do some basic machinery.
>>
>>142948722
>Die because you're not immune.
>>
>>142948724

Biggest load of drivel I ever read. This guy is literally autistic.
>>
>>142948797
>Biggest load of drivel I ever read. This guy is literally autistic.
You really hurt my feelings brah.
>>
>>142948797
A degree of autism would probably be quite useful in this situation, since you tend to retain information better.
>>
>>142946465
Hide this
>>
>>142941083
>having peasants donate cookware and old tools
Looks like someone hasn't studied Mao's Great Leap Forward.
>>
I would gather the alchemists, hope they don't kill me while I try to teach them science and eventually start producing drugs, especially morphine, amphetamines and cocaine since they could be useful during wars.
>>
>>142949175
Do you actually know off by heart how to produce any of those?
>>
>>142949268
Except for amphetamines I actually do, guess living in a 3rd world country is an advantage in this situation I'd be fucked if I reincarnated in a futuristic world.
>>
>>142949268
You couldn't produce cocaine in medieval Europe, since the coca plant is from the New World, and the synthesis of amphetamines from naturally-occurring compounds is very non-trivial.
>>
>>142946392
Anon, if you have esoteric knowedge you can be muh scholar and get funded by rich fags.
>>
>>142949435
You'd also have no guarantee that poppies are growing where you were reincarnated.
Codeine might be more useful in any case if you want to extract the latex from poppies.
>>
>>142937772
Why do they always get sent to the past? why can't we have a cute medieval princess that gets sent to the 22nd century by an evil magician?
>>
File: Bullshit you do.png (66 KB, 1200x596) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit you do.png
66 KB, 1200x596
>>142949392
>I can make morphine without modern ingredients.
>>
>>142937772
I got into gun smithing in HS, and I could definitely create a repeater or a revolver with medieval technology.

I could also create generators, windmills, etc.

And based on how magic stuff works (inserting mana into stones can cause them to "auto fire" spells) I could even make magic powered guns
>>
>>142949552
Pretty sure those exist, just not any animus of it. Except for a devil lord serving french fries.
>>
>>142949580
>Except for a devil lord serving french fries.
?
>>
>>142949601
google what you just quoted to find it
>>
>>142949601
>not remembering Tits and Taters:The Animation
>>
>>142949601
Probably hataraku maou sama
>>
File: Slaapbol_R0017601.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Slaapbol_R0017601.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
>>142949566
That's a total synthesis, manufacturing morphine is trivial with access to opium, which has been used throughout the Old World since antiquity.
>>
>>142949627
>>142949653
>>142949655
huh,
I was vaguely aware about this show but I didn't know that was the premise,
I just assumed it was working! but with fast food.
>>
>>142937772
Frankly, depending on the person and the time period, just knowing high school math could qualify you as some kind of revolutionary expert and maybe get you patronized by a nobleman.
>>
>>142937772
I would try to ignite and Industrial Revolution then try to spread the word of Karl Marx.
>>
File: 1401580427955.jpg (140 KB, 832x1100) Image search: [Google]
1401580427955.jpg
140 KB, 832x1100
>>142949724
I was referring to a different show about the demon lord and potatoes actually.
>>
>>142943512
>transported to the renaissance era
>produce crude anime and manga
>turn all the good-for-nothing third sons into hikkis
How is this not a thing yet?
>>
>>142948724
>history
>useless
Write a book on capitalism or based communism.
>>
File: 1461633215351.jpg (53 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1461633215351.jpg
53 KB, 600x450
>>142949785
>>142949831
Glad to find myself among comrades here.
>>
>>142949680
There is no guarantee that any of the plants in wherever land you go will be similar to opium and even if actual opium exists there is no guarantee that it isn't on the other side of the world.
>>
>>142949881
Fuck off.
>>
>>142949820
>I can draw a vast amount of interesting high quality pictures.
What?
>>
>>142949906
I found the capitalist pig.
>>
>>142949785
Lad the word of Karl Marx would cause a dark age.
>>
>>142949831
>History
>Write a book on capitalism or based communism.
>capitalism or communism are a part of history
Both of those are economic systems and the lens of history only serves to distort them.
>>
>>142949891
Well yeah, but I figured were were going on the assumption that you end up in an asymptotically accurate version of medieval Europe.
>>142949955
Bourgie piggu go homu.
>>
This thread has got me thinking. What if the MC got sent to a fantasy world, but in the future. So it's still elves and dwarves and shit, but they now have mechas and space cruisers.
Like Lord of the Rings in Space.
>>
>>142950147
He'd probably be nothing more than a curiosity for historians.
>>
>>142950147
He'd be pretty much a homeless bum.
>>
>>142949933
>crude
Have you seen ONE? Have you seen yaoi mangaka?
>>
>>142949820
>How is this not a thing yet?
Outbreak Company came out in 2013.
>>
>>142950147
isn't that what 40k is?
>>
if there's one thing I've learned from alternate history it's that I can make a decent living being an accountant because of double entry booking and high school math

then maybe I can build up enough money to make a printing press provided I manage to find out how to make paper for it. Suddenly I have influence and money provided I don't forget to suck up to the local church.
>>
>>142950250
I thought they only had orkz. No dwarves or elves.
>>
>>142950252
Then you could use the printing press to create propaganda and spread the teachings of Karl Marx.
>>
>>142950281
they have space elves,
and a race of humans that evolved on a high gravity planets and ended up short and then for years was disowned by gameworks for some reason.
>>
>>142950315
Haha, you said it again, epic.
>>
>>142950395
Are you trying to insult my intelligence bourgie?
>>
>>142938509
>As for raw knowledge, you could just find an inventor and give them ideas on what to make
As a programmer, im literally screaming at you right now

Fuck off, philfish
>>
>>142950433
Who is philfish?
t. computationally-retarded.
>>
>>142950433
>As a programmer,
what kind of programmer?
professional?
>>
Why doesn't he just start a pyramid scheme?
>>
>>142950483
People would eventually catch on I would imagine.
>>
>>142950315
i don't think you quite understand what I meant by not forgetting to suck up to the local church. It's bad enough getting a bunch of hate from old-fashioned scribes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.