[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't Vegeta and Goku have regular fights to to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Saiyans.png (601 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
Saiyans.png
601 KB, 1024x767
Why don't Vegeta and Goku have regular fights to to the death and get revived by the Dragon balls? I mean it's not like death means a goddamn thing in the DBZ universe.

I mean they both desire endless conflict due to their innate biological understanding of the nietzschean ideal.

So why not?
>>
>>142875509
goku's been on his last life each time a new way or form of balls have been out. vegeta only died once.
>>
>>142875509
The fact that death was kind of a joke took a lot of the seriousness out of the series. Not that is was ever super serious but still...
>>
>>142876277
The dragon balls are what set the series apart from every other battle shounen.
>>
Are the Namek Dragon Balls able to revive people multiple times? Don't remember all the details about it, just that they can revive people who died more than a year ago without issues.
>>
>>142876313
well, that and the simple but good characters, great designs, corny yet memorable villains, great backdrops, and actual fight choreography instead of the dreaded "I'm going to use THAT" being repeated to infinity.
>>
>>142876218
vegeta only died once
Killed on Namek
Suicide bomb during Buu saga
>>
>>142875509
Its too dangerous.
>>
>>142876433
Some people complain about the lack of variety of Dragon Ball techniques, but it never bothered me precisely because DB fights are close ranged with special attacks being used as finishing moves.
I feel like having too many special techniques would take the focus away from hand to hand combat.
>>
File: 1448136656044.jpg (24 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
1448136656044.jpg
24 KB, 400x275
>>142876538
>>
>>142876545
I guess some people can't into martial arts. I did martial arts for some time as a teenager, so I really appreciate series with good hand to hand combat. Most shonen fall into the slog of always using special moves, which gets really boring to read and watch after the first dozen times. Dragon Ball however has continuously escalating fights which climax or peak when the characters use finishing moves. For all the shit toriyama gets he knows, or at least knew, how to write and draw good fights
>>
>>142876355
The Namek balls can revive anyone who died within a year, hence why the whole "revive everyone who was killed by Frieza and his men" thing didn't apply to guys like Nappa and the bug planet.
>>142876545
From the clips I've seen on youtube, the fights follow a standard formula of 20 minutes of nothing followed by 2-5 minutes of back and forth, rinse and repeat until final attack. The upside to the DB formula is there are good spots for characters to react and exposition, but aside that it's a fairly "meh" formula that tends to wear on the patience of the viewer after a time.
>>
>>142876623
Most really successful shonen heroes have less than 3 special moves anyway.
Having a large variety of special moves usually comes from being a game character (or running for so long that the series almost inevitably turns to shit anyway).
>>
>>142876218
twice he died against freeza and buu
>>
>>142876884
The original DBZ anime has a lot of padding to the fights. The manga flows much better. And Toriyama's panel work is pretty good at making the reading experience feel more dynamic.

And the anime by not using much stock footage avoids making fights look the same even if they do follow the formula.
>>
>>142875509
This is a manga where screwing death was a plot point.

>OH HURR IMMA KILL MUHSELF TO GET RID OF RADITZ CMON GUYS BRING ME BACK TO LIFE NO PROBLEMO

Death is a joke in DBZ if you arent a villain.
>>
File: test.png (183 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
test.png
183 KB, 440x440
>>142877186
>if you arent a villain.
or Freezer.
>>
>>142877077
He didn't die against Frieza or Buu. Cell is the only one who managed to kill Goku, and that was more Goku not just ditching Cell near the sun and returning instead of having an unnecessarily-long good-bye with Gohan.
>>142877149
That's true, to a degree. There are a few frames that are repeated from previous fights, although those were either edited properly or re-drawn so you don't have people seeing Frieza's arm or leg where someone like Vegeta's should be.
>>
>>142877327
>He didn't die against Frieza or Buu.
Reading comprehension.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.