[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you feel about all of these non-japanese working on your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: working_credits.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
working_credits.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
how do you feel about all of these non-japanese working on your japanese animation? can it even truly be called japanese animation anymore?

is that like "made in the usa with parts manufactured in china"?
>>
>>142778925
who gives a fuck tho
>>
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>142778925
Seems like it's just economics at work. They pay can pay those gooks even less than the slave wages nip animators get.

This has been happening a for a long time now and it will only become more prominent when all the nips die off due to demographic collapse.
>>
>>142778925
>anymore
Do you have any idea how long it's been normal for? Go look up a company such as K Production.
>>
are koreans making anime better because they put more effort in? just like mexicans working harder for less pay than americans?
>>
>>142778925
They are mostly used for background works.
>>
>>142778925
>What is inbetweening?
>What is the incredibly menial and unskilled task of drawing in the frames in between key frames?
>Why did they outsource this to a third world country?

S-sempai...
>>
>>142779378
>mexicans
>working hard
Come on now.

I imagine that there are plenty of weeb gooks who'd literally pay to animate for their favorite anime studio 16 hours a day.
>>
>>142778925
I only care not out a desire to help the starving Japanese animator, but due tot he fact that when they heavily outsource these things the shows always look like shit. It tok me a while to figure out why Mouretsu Pirates looked so bad, and it wasn't until I read the credits that I finally understood. The most extreme examples are anything that Toei puts their claws around, though those are thankfully the exception and not the norm.
>>
>>142778925
I don't care what country my fucking animation come from as long as it's decent.
>>
>>142778925
Literally only deep neckbeards give a shit.
>>
>muh japanimation must be made by pure blooded japanese descended from samurai families
>>
File: legendofkorra.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
legendofkorra.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
>>142779983
so you don't care huh?
>>
>>142781935
He said "as long as it's decent".
There is nothing decent about Korra.
>>
>>142778925
It's more like, "made in usa with bauxite mined in china"
>>
Do people really care about this shit?
>>
>>142778925

It's fine if they do a good job. A lot of other Asian studios are probably more organized and do a lot better work than Japanese studios right now.
>>
>>142782120

This. I liked Japan in animation a lot more when it didn't seem like their businessmen were fucking retarded and ultra conservative in their thinking. They're about as bad for just incredibly limited thinking as they were in the 70's again only instead of anime can only be for kids where everything revolves around the TV stations demands for ratings it's anime can only be made for neckbeard moe otaku and now apparently fujoshi and needs to be mass produced under sweatshop like conditions where everything revolves around various non-related parties who just happen to be on the production committee's demands. When things go overseas at least they're able to put a buffer between all that nonsense and get some work done.
>>
>>142778925
As long as the main staff is japanese the whole cartoon is very japanese imo

I mean most of foreigners only do tweening and backgrounds, it won't change much to replace them with japs, you'd just have to pay them more for the same result
It would make more sense to say that for example Yoko Kanno shows aren't truly Japanese because there's always a ton of foreigners involved in recording the music, at least a lot of her songs often have vocals in foreign languages so it kinda changes the final atmosphere of the show, while having gook animators on team is really an equivalent of having a few foreigners in your otherwise Japanese orchestra that performs stuff composed by japs
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.