[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haruhi Suzumiya is undoubtedly well loved by many, but seemingly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18
File: 450088.jpg (159 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
450088.jpg
159 KB, 1680x1050
Haruhi Suzumiya is undoubtedly well loved by many, but seemingly also equally genuinely hated.

To those who hate Haruhi, what about her makes you hate her so much? As some one that finds Haruhi charming, I'd like to see what you have to say.
>>
>>142709065
She was wierd, jovial, eccentric, and just plain sexy and had the cutest haircut and voice. And that why I love her to death
>>
>>142709065
She's just an insufferable cunt, no amount of cuteness and "LOL SO RANDUMB xD" will change that
>>
>>142710739
I'm not even going to bother typing a serious reply
>>
>>142710781
What more do you want? She's an asshole, plain and simple
>>
>>142709065
I think the people that love Haruhi tend to be the people that identified with her desire and need to break away from the ordinary and have an interesting life. The people that hate her were probably those that didn't identify with that aspect of her personality and also couldn't get over how self centered and forcefully commandeering she can be
>>
>>142709065
Abrasive, self-centered individuals are hard for me to like.
>>
>>142710914
As much as I love the show, I gotta agree with this anon, Haruhi's a fuckin bitch.
>>
>>142710968
Very possibly, anon. Hard to get angry at someone who's working toward the same goal as you.
>>
Imagine there is a child who's temper tantrums has the power to destroy the universe as we know it. Now imagine an entire cast of characters having to pander to said character to keep them happy or the world will end.

Now you understand why people hate Haruhi. Any questions?
>>
>>142711392
>Now imagine an entire cast of characters having to pander to said character to keep them happy because they think the world will end.
Fixed that for you. Kyon should've just acted firmly, he overdid it in the fil but it worked.

>Now you understand why people hate Haruhi.
Nope, is it because she gets away with it? If she were a comic relief and everything she did went funnily wrong they wouldn't hate her?
>>
>>142711221
They probably also forgive her due to a bit of self-insert fantasy. Either in Haruhi for being such a focal point of activity and getting people to participate in her attempts at excitement, or in Kyon for having someone latch onto him who then forcibly involves him in lots of exciting shit and drags him around
>>
>>142711604
I tried, if you still don't see why people don't like Haruhi, that's your loss I guess.
>>
Haruhi is a manipulative chuunibyou bitch and the entire show is dedicated to babysitting her despite the obvious fact that she would be horribly ridiculed and almost certainly die alone IRL
>>
>>142711723
My question was legit though. I mean, the only thing that remains from everything mentioned in this thread is the bossy attitude, and even that was turned down a bit up to the latest novels.
>that's your loss I guess.
Okay then.
>>
https://youtu.be/HKGjdbCb-Cw?t=1m

>Delusional Haruhifags defend this
>>
File: 2009-11-25-218377.jpg (345 KB, 900x637) Image search: [Google]
2009-11-25-218377.jpg
345 KB, 900x637
>>142709065
>To those who hate Haruhi,
Those people are faggots, their opinions don't mater.
>>
>>142709065
She's shit just like 99% of tsunderes.
>>
>>142711947
I don't condone the act, but people keep on pinning it only to her when it's a two-person plan. That was a bitch move alright, but solving it with violence is as well.
>>
>>142712044
>You can be a bitch to other people and if they don't act perfectly they are also equally at fault

What a warped reality you live in.
>>
>>142711392
>pander to said character to keep them happy or the world will change
FTFY
She's not going to end the world, she's going the world great again.
>>
>>142709065
Complete fucking shit. Forces friends to do things just to make her happy. This is not a good character.
>>
>>142711947
Haruhi screwed up and isn't willing to admit it. Later, she lets up a bit, having learned from the experience. I can identify with that.
>>
>>142712095
>>You can be a bitch
No, that's exactly what I said was stupid. She acted stupidly more than a couple times, but resorting to violence when it could've been prevented is stupid as well.

Don't read between lines, I'm too literal to imply things when it's this late.
>>
>>142711904
>the only thing that remains from everything mentioned in this thread is the bossy attitude
You never addressed that she's self-centered. Can you defend that without coming off as a total doormat?
>>
File: haruhi makes you mad.jpg (110 KB, 465x540) Image search: [Google]
haruhi makes you mad.jpg
110 KB, 465x540
>not worshiping the best Goddess
Anyone who does not love Haruhi deserves terminal cancer and an eternity in hell.
>>
I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. It doesn't feel any better or worse than any other forgettable seasonal anime.
>>
>>142710968
I've felt both ways.
>>
>>142712289
Yes?
She gave up on the baseball tournament.
She helped her classmates in the cultural festival and that other girl with her dog.
She accepted practice rounds of skiing before attempting an expert ramp because they asked.
Accompanied Yuki to make sure the football player wasn't just playing around.
Got mad at kyon because she thought he made a joke about kidnapping Mikuru.
Took care of Yuki when she had a fever.
And some minor things more.

I'm in favor forgiving mistakes if they truly try to mend them, just to be clear. I'm not defending her rude behaviour, but defending that she's trying to change.
>>
>>142712288
>resorting to violence when it could've been prevented
It literally couldn't, though. Kyon was trying to get through to her with words several times during the arc, but she just dismissed everything she didn't want to hear, and in that scene, she kept defiantly escalating her behavior even though he was making it clear her actions towards Mikuru were unacceptable.

Haruhi literally drugged Mikuru, tried to get Koizumi to take advantage of her in front of Kyon due to being jealous of him having a crush on her, abused her physically and claimed Mikuru was nothing but a toy to her that she could treat however she wanted. That's the kind of shit a main villain would pull. If Kyon hadn't shown her that he could and would destroy her if she went too far, she would have gotten completely stuck in her delusions of grandeur and twist the world into an unrecognizable shape while thinking nothing could ever have any repercussions.
>>
>>142713329
>Kyon was trying to get through to her with words several times during the arc
Anon, if his way to convince someone like her is

>eh, why don't we do this instead?
>No
>sigh

he really needs to grow a pair, he gave up as fast as he started in all that arc right until that scene. He just kept bottling it up like a japanese person does in my animu and exploded when Mikuru's lips were to be stolen.

>Haruhi literally drugged Mikuru,

"Umm... Koizumi-kun, my head feels heavy..."
Asahina-san mumbled and trembled at the same time. I began to suspect whether she'd been
drugged. I naturally turned my gaze to her empty glass, and found Tsuruya-san giggling and said,
"Sorry about that. I added a bit of Tequila into Mikuru's juice. I was told that a bit of alcohol
enhances the realism in acting."

She was the mastermind so she's guilty as well, but as I said, I won't defend her behaviour.

> If Kyon hadn't shown her that he could and would destroy her if she went too far, she would have gotten completely stuck in her delusions of grandeur and twist the world into an unrecognizable shape while thinking nothing could ever have any repercussions.

No, Koizumi went over this. She expected him to be her support, seeing him going so firmly against her was what made her snap out of it.
>>
>>142714011
>he gave up as fast as he started in all that arc right until that scene
He had no real choice, since Koizumi and Yuki were dead set on constantly pandering to her. Kyon was so exasperated by her behavior that he was even suggesting knocking her out until the end of the festival because she was causing so much trouble for everyone, but there's not much you can actually do when you know an esper and an alien will instantly jump on your ass if you go against the wishes of their god. He finally lost it at that moment, and as expected, Koizumi held him back and urged him to patch things up with her ASAP regardless of whether she had reflected on her actions or not, but luckily, he at least managed to instill a sense of fear and consequences into her that made her pay more attention to how others felt about her actions.

>seeing him going so firmly against her was what made her snap out of it.
Exactly. She had been expecting to always get her way and to be able to just laugh off any displeasure at her actions, but she was finally forced to reconsider her way of life when a fist was coming for her face. She wasn't listening to reason, and she'd mock any attempt to appeal to her emotions. Just how else do you think Kyon should have handled that situation?
>>
>>142714011
>>142714730
Bottom-line it for me, guys. Is it a good series, or not?
>>
>>142714730
> since Koizumi and Yuki were dead set on constantly pandering to her.
So suddenly he had a choice when they kept on doing the same but Mikuru got drunk? No, he just tried to avoid a bothersome conflict. That was his problem in the beginning, he was apathic to almost everything like a jaded adolescent, for a lack of a better word.

>Kyon was so exasperated by her behavior that he was even suggesting knocking her out until the end of the festival because she was causing so much trouble for everyone
And instead of confronting her directly he was venting his frustration with over-the-top ideas, or internal retorts.

>he at least managed to instill a sense of fear and consequences into her that made her pay more attention to how others felt about her actions.
It's not fear, you can see later that there's a sense of trust between them, not a one-way "I'll behave so you won't leave" relationship.

>and she'd mock any attempt to appeal to her emotions.
An ultimatum and not his half-assed bitching, stop treating everyone like slaves or he'll leave the brigade. He bitched so much but at the same time showed he had so much fun probably contributed to her continuous dismissals. Just like many people consider the buffon of the group is joking until they either snap or seriously state their problem.

>>142714983
Depends, how much do you like moe, stoic and tsundere characters?
How much do you like scifi?
Do you like character-driven stories?
>>
>>142710914
>low quality bait
>>
>>142709065
I like her but one major complain I always had was that she encompasses too many traits. Like >>142709509 said, she's so many different things meant to appeal to everyone.
>>
>>142711947
What bugs me about how the festival was wrapped up was that Haruhi didn't actually apologize. I get that she gets better after this. I get that the ponytail was her way of fixing things with Kyon. But Kyon wasn't the wronged party here, Mikuru was.
>>
>>142716025
For better or worse she's too proud to do that at the time. I mean, in the 11th volume even when being thanked for everything in the 1st anniversary of brigade she just called him idiot, even if her actions showed how much gratitude she felt. She might have something to say whenever Mikuru graduates, that is if we get something new.
>>
She's an autist with a bunch of supernatural yard wranglers.

The only thing like able about her is her physical character design, which is nothing more than a visual appeal.

Haruhi behaves like a child in every possible way, displaying no signs of maturity beyond the writers "lol Haruhi is super smart naturally guys" protag privilege write in.

As a character she lacks depth, fails to develop, and exists entirely as nothing more than a plot device to drive the overly shallow and poorly constructed notion that Kyon would be able to save the day simply by "feeling" or "caring" for this autistic child he is supposed to wrangle in the most retarded ways possible that feel heavily forced due to the fact that nothing ever actually changes with Haruhi.

Overall the way her character is structured makes her a useless retard, who is also (needlessly) a psychological abuser against those who are trying to wrangle her into not destroying the world.

Want to know why I don't like Haruhi? Just imagine being back in high school, whether you were the quiet kid or a jock or just your average fucking normie. Now imagine that the girl sitting behind you is a complete bitch. Just total fucking bitch, she's condescending towards everyone that doesn't share her interests, she's got a superiority complex bigger than your dick will ever be despite the fact that she can barely actually function outside of an environment where worth is measured by standardized testing, and best of she's fucking LOUD about it after she for some reason decides you seem like the kind of person who'd be willing to wrangle her.

This person is inherently unlikable. If you met Haruhi in real life in high school you'd avoid her like the autistic shit fit throwing childish psychic vampire that she is.
>>
File: index-30_1f.jpg (80 KB, 826x1147) Image search: [Google]
index-30_1f.jpg
80 KB, 826x1147
She is not supposed to be a likable character.
>>
File: to you.jpg (29 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
to you.jpg
29 KB, 238x357
>>142709065
I don't know the plot so there may be a reason why she acts the way she does but it's just that Haruhi is a fucking bitch. Annoying, cunty, and an asshole too Haruhi is too much of a bitch for me to ever watch her anime or read any manga related to her. I honestly have no clue why people even like her clue it's that cute and I see little to no charm in the character. That's my thoughts on her i guess.
>>
>>142709065
Glad you asked. Watch the Mikuru drugging scene and tell me Kyon shouldn't have decked that haughty bitch. Trick question, you can't.
>>
>>142712044
>That was a bitch move alright, but solving it with violence is as well.
No she needed a beating. He was in the right.
>>
>>142716833
>fails to develop
I hate the shit out of her but she DOES develop. She stops mistreating the extras at one stage and starts focusing her shit on Kyon more.
>>
File: Haruhi SPHzumiya.jpg (317 KB, 1280x2160) Image search: [Google]
Haruhi SPHzumiya.jpg
317 KB, 1280x2160
>>142716833
>she's got a superiority complex bigger than your dick will ever be
That doesn't say much.
>>
I always thought Haruhi was the best metaphor for social media's effects on humanity.

>Is the center of the universe
>Decides if people exist or not based on how interesting they are to her
>Incredibly short attention span
>Spends her free time inventing new ways to humiliate her unlucky friends
>Somehow managed to fall for a chatbot because she's not that smart
>>
The annoying part is how KyoAni animated Sighs after the rest of the stuff and basically ruined her character progression by putting her worst moment at the end instead of somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>142709065
Shes a cunt
>>
File: madokasick.png (284 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
madokasick.png
284 KB, 600x558
>>142709065
Haruhi is a straight-up bitch. Practically as soon as she's introduced she blackmails the shit of of a completely innocent student just to get a fucking computer, and while she never does anything quite that bad again she's still incredibly self-centered and inconsiderate. She thinks nothing whatsoever of forcing one of her best friends into being her puppet, almost bringing her to tears and still not giving a single fuck. It's so bad that all the writer can really do is hamfist in a few moments of "oh look, she wants to be considerate deep down!" moments, but all that really does is make her seem like a small child that doesn't quite understand the difference between right and wrong yet.

I don't actually hate her, but if it wasn't for her genki her personality would be worse even than most 3dpd women. Any of the other girls would be better for Kyon than her unless she does some serious growing up, and we haven't really sen in yet (in the anime).
>>
Annoying. She's just a bitch. People let their dicks do the talking too much.
>>
>>142709065
The show is shit.
>>
File: 3.jpg (301 KB, 407x1150) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
301 KB, 407x1150
She just needs someone to straighten her up.
And Kyon is perfect candidate.
>>
>>142718540
I just treat her like the villain. Then its the adventures of Kyon and friends vs that evil bitch.
>>
>>142709065
>spoiled whore who has beta arbiters to do her biding

whats not to like?
>>
Women and homosexuals are the only ones that don't love Haruhi
>>
File: 1465187831879.png (258 KB, 379x400) Image search: [Google]
1465187831879.png
258 KB, 379x400
>haruhi haters
>>
>>142719872
This man craves the touch of his gymnastics coach
>>
>>142712032
Haruhi is considered Tsundere because people classify characters by created criteria.
Tsundere's hide their romantic feelings behind anger toward the one they love.
The only time she hides behind anger in response to her feelings towards Kyon is when he gets close to Mikuru, otherwise, she guises it with randomness and sporadic decisions.
This surely can't be enough to categorise her as such.
>>
Haruhi is annoying and an awful person.
But it still remains the only show that kyoani has made that isn't garbage
>>
>>142718540
why are you commenting?, do you want someone to pat you on the back for a good post.
Well PAT PAT well done.
Go back to watching the flavour of the month fags like you usually watch, this thread will not miss you.
>>
>>142711392
But it's unfair to blame her for it. She never asked for the power and doesn't (arguably) know that she has it. She's a girl with what are really quite innocent core wants that has inadvertently made herself the centre of existence.
>>
>>142712165
>character has flaws and grows out of it
>what a bad character
>>
>>142716833
>Haruhi behaves like a child in every possible way
That's just plain wrong

>displaying no signs of maturity beyond the writers "lol Haruhi is super smart naturally guys" protag privilege write in.
Again, that's wrong. You said it yourself she's socially unfit

>As a character she lacks depth, fails to develop
Did you watch the show? She develops literally all the time

>Kyon would be able to save the day simply by "feeling" or "caring" for this autistic child
Now you're not even trying.
>>
>>142720631
I agree lets recategorise her as jealous bitch
>>
>>142716833
First point, she doesn't suffer from autism and I can only assume that 'Yard Wranglers' mean characters that have no point, in which case every character around Haruhi has a reason for being there.
Let us not forget what she represents, She. Is. God. If god appeared before you and demanded you entertained him or he would snuff out the Earth wouldn't you fall over yourself to appease him.
Your spiel about being back in Highschool with her as a classmate conspicuously left out extra knowledge that she came snuff out the universe if you don't keep her entertained, yes you'll hat her, but by god your gonna do what the hell you can to keep her appeased.
Are you so caught up in believing that your god is benevolent, kind and normal that you just don't understand the underlining point of this Anime, or do you just arbitrarily hate her because she doesn't fall at the main characters feet to suck his cock (while imagining you are him).
She's god, treat her as such and don't for the love of all that's holy try to simplify it by 'what would you do'.
>>
>>142718715
>I hate the shit out of her but she DOES develop
No. She's still selfish and only cares about herself. All she ever does is focus on herself. Everything they do is based on her wishes. I want to see more girls that are total pushovers but Haruhi is an awful fucking person
>>
>>142721551
>All she ever does is focus on herself
>What is Live Alive
>What is baseball ep
>What is Murder Island
>What is Someday in the Rain
>What is Disappearance epilogue
>What is literally everything after Disappearance
>>
>>142721497
Only espers believe she is God, and even then only as a worse case scenario.

I know its a silly thing to nitpick but its as if everybody just took that explanation at face value. In that very conversation Koizumi himself says he doesn't believe it.
>>
>>142721326
Exactly, but do you view that as a Tsundere style character? just curious.
>>
>>142721654
Some Tsun can be but I don't think the trait is exclusive to tsun
>>
>>142721640
espers aside obviously , it still leaked into popular culture, Haruni is God because of plot development, even if Koizumi said it as a throwaway comment, there are people in the fandom that truly believe this point of view, which makes it real.
>>
>>142721196
>No, you're wrong
>No, you're wrong
>No, you're wrong

Great argument
>>
>>142719935
That's pretty much the premise of the series though, isn't it?
>>
File: 7.jpg (328 KB, 407x1165) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
328 KB, 407x1165
>>142722365
Yet, lots of people don't get it.
>>
File: 1464847851979.jpg (53 KB, 640x523) Image search: [Google]
1464847851979.jpg
53 KB, 640x523
>>142709065
Haruhi herself doesn't bother me. Anyone that remotely finds her interesting outside of her god powers has never had experience with a girl with her personality before or probably females in general.

My problem is that the anime is a steaming pile of boring shit.

Its uninteresting, I watched it in its super special snowflake airing order and it was still shit. Wow, this guy just spoke 20 minutes of dialogues worth explaining how hes an alien and Haruhi is a snowlfake. Am I supposed to think this show is fucking amazing now?

Now, its your run of the mill slice of like club BULLSHIT. Whether you watch it airing order or chronological, it doesn't matter. Its SHIT.

Also the movie is shit too.

You have to be a massive blind fanboy to defend any of this donkey doo.
>>
>>142722569
>talking about taste while posting KLK
Suicide is painless
>>
File: 1462140647754.png (18 KB, 196x156) Image search: [Google]
1462140647754.png
18 KB, 196x156
>>142722569
>this whole post
>>
All of the anons who think Haruhi is a mary sue- did you consider that despite being beautiful, smart, athletic, and God, she has no real friends at the beginning of the story, just a group of servants? That's a pretty major flaw.

>>142722741
Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo
>>
>>142711947
that's a great scene. I don't understand why you faggots judge characters based on how much you would like them if they were real people, rather than how well they work as characters. It's like reading the Iliad and then shitposting on /lit/ about what an asshole Achilles is, ignoring the fact that Achilles' anger is the whole point of the story.
>>
>>142721688
Yeah, I can see what you say there, I feel that nowadays Tsundere are a throwaway archtype that include any characters that hide any type of feeling behind anger where in actuality the bases of the archtype stems from characters that hide specific (romantic) feelings behind anger.
>>
HARUHI IS A SLUT VOICED BY REAL LIFE SLUT AYA HIRANO
>>
>>142723608
It won't become a truth if you keep repeating it endlessly. Aya is a slut though
>>
>>142723067
> Touch down on earth at 12
> No friends for 3 years
> Learns about everyone and everything in the meantime
It's not exactly a crippling flaw. As God it's not like she has some kind of equal.
>>
>>142723993
Her classmates took pity on her.
>>
File: anime fry.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
anime fry.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>142720871
I only commented because OP asked
>What about her makes you hate her so much?
It was late at night when i made that post. Also if your mad that I dissed you waifu you can fuck off to /trash? with that shit fagggot.
>>
>>142709065

Arrogant, selfish, abusive bitch that treats everyone like shit but gets away with it because of her Mary Sue powers.
>>
>>142709065
when did you notice that Haruhi has NO friends?

the only people who hang out with her are the ones that's literally their job to do so

>inb4 but muh Kyon

I'm pretty sure he will be revealed to be a sleeper agent or something in later volumes
>>
>>142725820
Haruhi my waifu?? the fuck are you on, I like her as a character but fuck she is far from Waifu.
The comment I made I thought I'd make you feel better cause everyone else would just laugh at you, my mistake, I'll join with everyone laughing at your lameness..
>>
>>142719689
But Sighs is the last thing to happen chronologically. There are like only 2 episodes between it and Disappearance.
>>
>>142709065
She was a cunt to everyone.
Specially Mikuru.
>>
>>142723993
Anon, she's been alive for 15 years. Remember the baseball stadium monologue? The later books also touch on her childhood.
>>
>>142712288
I thought this was about Haruhi not whether Kyon is a good babysitter?
>>
I like her only because she isn't a fucking NO personality or cliche girl like many anime girls today. She is a total cunt but that's exactly what it makes her interesting.

Why do you people want perfect characters from ep1? It's much better to have flawed unlikeable characters that will get better eventually (and she does, read the novels), because that shows actual development and non-static plot
>>
>>142709065
Selfish bitch, and I don't like selfish people
>>
>>142715741
that's a bad thing? people irl are multi-faceted, too, ykno?
>>
>>
>>142731198
Didn't seem like there was enough time to explore the layers of her personality. A lot of high school aged kids are like this anyway so I guess it's accurate. They have a lot of interests but it doesn't really go much deeper than that.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.