[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sequel to Death Note, finally >It's more live action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: death note.png (1 MB, 1381x840) Image search: [Google]
death note.png
1 MB, 1381x840
>Sequel to Death Note, finally
>It's more live action shit

Fucking WHY
>>
>>142645976
At least post a link to a news article or something goddamn
>>
>>142646415
Oh. I thought this was well-known already. Sorry.

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote2016/index2.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2qNwSk1l_0

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/04/26-1/death-note-light-up-the-new-world-teaser-introduces-new-characters-six-death-notes

>In the clip, Sakura Aoi, who is described as "a mass murderer with no ideological background," says "I will show more interesting things than Kira did." She is portrayed by 21-year-old ex-AKB48 member Rina Kawaei. And in the end, the CGI-generated Ryuk adds the line, "After all, humans are so interesting!"
>>
>>142645976
this looks kinda cool.
>>
>Wanting a sequel to Death Note
>>
So it's a sequel to the two live actions movies, huh. Good. There doesn't need to be one for the manga and/or anime.
>>
>>142648536
If it ended on episode 25 yeah it would be fine to have no sequel. But the canon ending is SHIT.
>>
So they are devolving the franchise; abandoning the central theme of moral ambiguity that made Death Note into what it became - rather than just an especially inventive horror story -; throwing their hands up into the air during their CEO meeting re: how to squeeze more cash out of the property, and going: "fuck it, let's turn the whole thing into survival game, that's what's popular with the kids these days' right?".

It's not like this can hurt the original story retroactively or anything, but I think that just having L and Light on the poster is sacrilige to their characters.
>>
>>142648825
I am a diehard supporter of Light, but I think Death Note HAD to end the way it did. Light is a tragic hero, and him winning means that the world hecomes a better place. I think that's too alien an idea for people to consider. It's why Superman never fixes the world permanently (among other reasons). I always expected Light to die at the end, it's the only outcome people can concieve of. Which is tragic, but them's the breaks.

And I liked Near's active resentment of Kira more than L's attitude of "sounds like a challenge".
>>
Hate death note btw but the live action movies are tip tier in quality the L spin off is pretty great
>>
>>142648825
There is nothing wrong with the actual ending and there is no need to expand on the lore of the world. All of the important characters are also dead or moved on so there is no more story to be told with those characters, too. There's basically no reason to have a sequel other than money.
>>
>>142648835

I came across an idea in an interesting fanfic that Light's actions fundamentally changed the world beyond his lifespan. The next time a Death Note lands in the human world, inevitably, whoever finds it will realize that it was what Kira used to kill people, and from there the cycle of Kira -> L -> New Kira -> New L starts all over again

Light lost the game, but in doing so he changed it fundamentally.
>>
>>142650635
If Light had changed the world then there would never be any reason for another Kira to rise.

Kira having a legacy is a mark of Kira's failure. Or at least of his unfinished work.
>>
Why are you fags giving a shit about some low budget ugly ass live action from the nips?

The only one possibly worth seeing is the Netflix one.
>>
>>142651000
Because it's Death Note.
>>
>>142645976
>live action shit
fuck
>>
>>142645976
Manga is over. No need for sequels.

Their new manga sucks though.
>>
File: haaaaa.gif (1 MB, 600x262) Image search: [Google]
haaaaa.gif
1 MB, 600x262
>>142651000
>The only one possibly worth seeing is the Netflix one.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.