[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the empire of corpses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: The_Empire_of_Corpses.jpg (190 KB, 905x1280) Image search: [Google]
The_Empire_of_Corpses.jpg
190 KB, 905x1280
Did this movie not make any sense to anyone else?
>>
>>142534392
Watson lost his memories and Friday got his soul back.
>>
>>142534817
and what, barnaby just rolls with it and decides not to help him regain his memories? i mean, what the fuck was that whole scene at the end of the credits.
>>
>>142534924
How can he help? Watson decide to upload/absorb the notes into himself.
>>
>>142534983
well at the end of the credits watson rolls right past barnaby and Hadary in a carriage with sherlock holmes, so does that mean that barnaby just cut all ties with watson? what about friday, or even Hadary? did they all just forget to tell him what happened? also, if friday got his soul back, why didn't he say anything to watson? there were other parts of the movie that didn't make sense as well like the two antags motives. well i guess they did, they just didn't really explain them.
>>
>>142535210
Yes, he lost all memories and moved on with his life. Perhaps Friday and the rest didn't want to bother or stress him by telling him about something he forgot completely after all the trouble he went through.
>>
>>142535408

that seems really dumb desu, especially since i got the feeling that friday and watson were more than friends, also seems dumb that from the looks, all the corpses are gone and nobody gives af, even though at the beginning of the movie they say the economy is ran on corpses.
>>
>>142534392
Did you watch the Blaze07 version? Because that has an awful translation, so the subs don't make any sense whatsoever
>>
>>142535507
Yeah that's why Friday is content to watch Watson without being beside him. He doesn't want to make Watson unhappy anymore by telling and stressing him about something he already forgot.
>>
>>142535545

were there a ton of translator notes? if so yes that's the one i watched.
>>
>>142535638
Then that's why it didn't make any sense, as I'm an ESL I thought at first that the dialogue was "too deep" or something, but about 15 minutes in I realized it was just a bad TL, especially since there was a TL note that said "I don't know what he said here" or something like that.
>>
>>142535734

guess ill have to find a different version and rewatch some time, which makes me happy because near the end the translator went todeep4you and put the subtitles in a different language. so at least now ill know what old man frankenstein said.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.