[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of Young Hunters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: young hunters.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
young hunters.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
What does /a/ think of Young Hunters?
>>
>>142516372
It is shit
>>
File: mizuki-san.png (291 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mizuki-san.png
291 KB, 500x500
Of all the things I dislike about the franchise (specifically Tri), I'm actually very okay with it.

Also, Mizuki best Hunter.
>>
>>142518494
Why do you dislike Tri? This is a very uncommon opinion.
>>
>>142518494

>Liking Young Hunters more than Tri

You might be one of the few people in the world who can actually ask "am I the only one" about something and truthfully be told yes
>>
File: mizuki smile.png (185 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
mizuki smile.png
185 KB, 500x396
>>142520831
I just don't like the direction it is heading. They are not using the full potential of a popular show's revival and feels like they are riding on nostalgia rather than anything new.

That, and it takes asslong to come out and yet it's QUALITY as fuck.
>>
>>142521236
>QUALITY as fuck
Really? I didn't notice this at all.
And I don't really get the nostalgia angle either. When a series rides on nostalgia, it means that instead of plot developments or twists it has OH NO THAT ONE THING FROM THAT ONE TIME!1! But tri's had zero trace of that so far. Old villains and irrelevant characters haven't even been mentioned. Hell, Davis' goddamn name hasn't been spoken, IIRC. And all the plot revolves around a continuation of their coming-of-age struggles with adolescent/young adult struggles, so it's a good progression from the original series.
>>
>>142516372
The only decent part of it was the second to last episode with the mega crossover with all the MCs of previous series. But overall it was so shit thath not only they managed to almost ruin the franchise, it also fucked over Saint Seiya Omega.
>>
>>142521750
I suppose it's just my personal problem where I forgot about the first feeling of watching Adventures, yet I somehow recall the later series much clearer, so I am more used to those. Regardless, I just don't see much potential for Tri to break out of its shell/safety zone. I would rather prefer it going a riskier path in order to seem interesting o its own, but unfortunately Toei is going full shitters on the quality so far.
>>
>>142522024
It's probably going to describe who god is (no, not Yggdrasil, God),which is a huge fucking deal that hasn't been traversed anywhere else in the franchise but is constantly alluded to, and will potentially describe the position of the royal knights in the traditional digimon universe which is also a long-running mystery. So some pretty big shell-breaking there IMO.
>>
>>142522271
It only seems like that, but I won't hold my breath until it actually happens or not. Based on the episodes out so far, I still think they could have done a lot better, given the time between each part and the ongoing hype.
>>
>>142522398Well remember the statement it made in the very beginning of the first movie about God, but meh, time will tell. Here's to hoping shit picks up and gets less comfy in the next movie, eh?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.